Boring People 2.0

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Vigis
Sojourner

Boring People 2.0

Postby Vigis » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:45 pm

Today has been a much better day for surreptitiously checking the BBS from work. Actually quite a lot happening today :)

Version 2.0 may not spawn as many off-shoots, but should be a much more durable thread.

The Rules: The next person to post in this thread gets to choose a topic of discussion. The 4 posts after that get to debate/discuss the topic (Sok-type posts count in these). That 5th poster who is just too slow to hit submit must then choose a new topic.
(see how this works? It gives me something to read throughout the day and it is *hopefully* always changing.... no more being bored with the board!)

Now, who is first?
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Sarvis
Sojourner

Bunnies

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:18 pm

Why are Bunnies so scary?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:38 pm

I'd say it is because they are rodents with long teeth and big feet. You know what they say about big feet right?
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:39 pm

I figure bunnies are scary for a couple of reasons. First...teeth! I mean, teeth are always scary. And we all have seen the Monty Python bunny. Sometimes, I still have cold sweats thinking of that inhuman monster. Bunnies may look cute and cuddly but beware! Much like candy from a stranger, attempting to pick up a bunny is a horrible idea. And their poop...my God! How many of us have thought that raisin was a good idea!

Bunnies are cute evil, plain and simple. In fact, some Easter Bunny broke into my home and left chocolate all over. That sick bastard! Be warned, I'm hunting you now Mr. Easter Bunny. This isn't over!
Meatshield
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:45 pm

Let's not forget how they can go through holes in the ground and tie shotgun barrels into knots.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:49 pm

5th bunny post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Sarvis
Sojourner

Buffy

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:09 pm

Well... way to break the rules and make the thread annoying at the same time! ;)

I guess I'll ask the question I should've asked first then:

How many of you guys are fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (tv series, not movie)?
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:28 pm

The most your going to get is 4 answers. . .well 3 now. But Buffy is hot. I've only seen the show a few times. I think they should have given PeeWee Herman a recurring role since he was just so AWESOME in the movie ;)

shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:39 pm

I didn't break the rules, it was a bunny discussion thread and I made a bunny discussion comment. It was also the last allowed bunny reply, so I was clearly happy in a silly way!

Btw way to change the subject to the new topic on the correct post number according to the rules!

Buffy is great but the spinoffs are all crappy :-)
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:49 pm

shalath wrote:I didn't break the rules, it was a bunny discussion thread and I made a bunny discussion comment. It was also the last allowed bunny reply, so I was clearly happy in a silly way!

Btw way to change the subject to the new topic on the correct post number according to the rules!

EDIT: OOPS! I counted wrong. I thought you were the 5th poster after I posted the topic, but you were the 4th.

Of course that means I WAS supposed to create a new topic, so I still didn't break the rules. ;)

Buffy is great but the spinoffs are all crappy :-)

There's more than one spinoff? Just Angel isn't it? Angel doesn't look too interesting... but I really need to watch it to find out how spike ends up alive for that series...

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:53 pm

Original Buffy was hot the others were ok but not great.

NEW TOPIC: The eventual collapse of Democracy in Post Communist Russia. *nod self* Enjoy
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:04 pm

Pril didn't follow the rules :p

New topic: Monkeys

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... a_chimp_dc

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:05 pm

OOpps... guess I didn't count right again.

Monkeys eh?

Well, the monkey mini-game in Metal Gear Solid 3 isn't really that much fun. Like the rest of the game it suffers from some slight camera issues, but doesn't have the fun and suspense of the regular game.

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:22 pm

I remember that scene from Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom where they ate the chilled money brains. Thats gotta be nasty.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:32 am

rylan wrote:I remember that scene from Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom where they ate the chilled money brains. Thats gotta be nasty.

Yeah, but you never really know until you try right?

moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:52 am

Sarvis wrote:
rylan wrote:I remember that scene from Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom where they ate the chilled money brains. Thats gotta be nasty.

Yeah, but you never really know until you try right?

Anyone else have a vision of some Chutulthoid horror showing up and a man turning to his friend beside him and saying, "Hey, you never know until you try?"
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:58 am

Mmmm...monkey brains.

NEW TOPIC:

www.greenskeepersmusic.com/lotionhigh.mov

Discuss!

Psst...highly addictive...it rubs the lotion on its skin!
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:59 am

or else it gets the hose again...
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:44 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:or else it gets the hose again...

Lol!

Brings to mind the unrated version of American Wedding when Stiffler walks in on the guy trying on women's clothes during the bachelor party. Something along the lines of "WTF Buffalo Bill? It puts the clothes back in the closet!"

Duna
Sojourner

Postby Duna » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:33 pm

actually.. alot if not most of those scenes are from silence of the lambs..
"A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, and continues a friend unchangeably." - William Penn
" I"m built for comfort not for speed. " - Carl on Jimmy Neutron.
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:58 pm

You guys are all scarey humans.

You all need rl jobs, not the kind where ya can play muds at work either. Ya got too much time on your hands

Nilan
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:22 pm

NEW TOPIC!

So is everyone enjoying summer now that it finally started?

sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:01 am

muahahah

why the heck do they have the ac on when it's like 70 degrees outside?

i'm freezing. i'm considering wearing pants tomorrow.

sokless
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:23 am

Virginia weather hasnt made up its mind yet :(

one day its 70 .. the next its 35
Last edited by Ambar on Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:30 am

sok wrote:muahahah

why the heck do they have the ac on when it's like 70 degrees outside?

i'm freezing. i'm considering wearing pants tomorrow.

sokless

When I was a teenager I _never_ wore shorts. Always pants, even if it was like 100 degrees out and I was going to be working over a 300+ degree fryer...

Dunno how I did it.

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:37 am

I still do! I don't tan, I just burn...lol. When I wear shorts, I usually hear:

"Holy shit, where do your socks end?!"

or...

"MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:P

The weather here has been the same as VA, Cartman. Our governor declared a drought a few weeks ago, and 2 days later it started raining pretty much nonstop for 3 weeks...today has been the first nice day since.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:24 am

New topic time!

So what does everyone think of Menzoberranzan now that it's in?

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:25 am

I've been looking for the Vanilan mob that Yayaril mentioned in 3 West.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:51 pm

Hrm... makes me wonder when the next 3w is coming.

And the Vanilan one rocked, but I think my favorite is the one with... err... can't remember who. I think Sesexe, but I'm not sure. She "seduced" some barbarian with gooseberry pie... hehe... that was hilarious.

Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:37 pm

that was slavan the wielder of gooseberry pies.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:31 pm

still haven't been there. dont mud much nowaday. lack the time commitment. maybe i will role a drow warrior, cuz i'm good with xp.
Wuva
Sojourner

Postby Wuva » Thu May 05, 2005 4:37 pm

New Topic..........

Choice of drink? mmmmmmmmm Rum & diet sprite
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu May 05, 2005 4:44 pm

White Wolf:
Kahlua
Bailey's
Sambuca

Tastes best if there's just a bet less sambuca than the other two, otherwise the Sambuca kinda overpowers everything and it's about all you taste.

sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat May 07, 2005 7:20 pm

i enjoy virgin martini w/ baby orions
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat May 07, 2005 10:41 pm

Colorado Bulldogs:

-vodka
-pepsi
-kahlua
-half & half

Mixed just right...tastes like chocolate milk, and you don't even feel (in the slightest) the bite of the vodka. Best stuff evar!

I also enjoy a good mudslide (the mixer stuff in the jug) now and then, or some rum daquiris (strawberry).
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'

Return to “General Discussion Archive”