Apology

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Corth
Sojourner

Apology

Postby Corth » Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:34 am

To the mud:

In early January, following Chaos Christmas, a series of events happened that resulted in me being banned from the mud. First, I posted on this bbs the following message in response to someone else's complaint about Chaos Christmas:

"heheh, yeah chaos is kind of silly. I think the gods are having more fun than anyone else..."

Further messages were posted in the thread, among them a two page message that was a total rant on why the author hated chaos. Eventually, Miax posted a message. In the message, he was very upset with the derogatory comments. The reason for this was that the gods had put in a lot of time and hard work, without being paid, in order to give us the chaos christmas.

In this message, Miax singled me out personally for what I wrote, saying among other things that it was "typical" of me to complain about the mud. I took issue with this, and responded by flaming him. I used obscene language, and it was very disrespectful. For this, I apologize to Miax, and the mud as a whole.

The next day, Miax summoned me to his god-room and informed me that I was being suspended for the mud for one week as a result of these comments. What I should have done was comply with this ruling and not escalate the situation. Instead, I posted a message with the title "Gestapo", which was also obscene and disrespectful. I apologize for this as well.

I would also like to state that I recognize that the gods, and particularly Miax, put a lot of hard work into chaos-christmas. My disrespectful and obscene posts were especially egregious because they were directed at someone that does so much for so many people, without deriving any monetary benefit.

However, I would also state that I am by no means apologizing for responding to Miax's initial post when I was singled out. I believe that a response was warranted. There were numerous other posts on the thread, many that were very insulting towards chaos christmas. Mine was downright docile compared to those others. I felt at the time, and I still do feel, that Miax should not have singled me out by name as the "typical" complainer.

This does not excuse, however, the language that I used in responding to his message, and the subsequent post that I made after being suspended.

I have been on this mud for at about 5 years now. Between all my characters, from toril through soj-3, I have in excess of 200 play-days. That is a big portion of my life. When this whole incident was happening, I was very angry. I was ready to give up the mud. In retrospect, I should have chilled out a bit rather than going on a crusade. Now that some time has passed, I realize that I do not want to give up the mud at this time. I did, however, benefit to an extent from my "vacation", both personally and scholastically. So although I will be back, I will not be mudding to the same extent as in the past. I am looking forward to contributing to our fantasy world, and hopefully I can be a better citizen of it.

Corth
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:39 am

So any ETA on that apology you owe me for calling me a Jackass twice in one thread Image
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:39 am

Corth, I'm damned glad to have you back.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:14 am

We come again, now, to praise Corth, not to bury him.

It is good when differences are settled and hatreds laid to rest.
Maladryn
Sojourner

Postby Maladryn » Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:22 am

Glad you finally calmed down Image I knew you eventually would Image Glad to have you back chief.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:34 am

yay Corth is back! there goes lvl 52 :/ hee hee. welcome back dood, i missed ya.
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Thu Jan 31, 2002 2:50 am

Awesome Image
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Thu Jan 31, 2002 3:29 am

crap, no wonder the mud keep crashing

downgrade corth!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jan 31, 2002 3:38 am

Corth tells you 'wanna help us twink scorps? we can do it with 4 people!'

Welcome back Corth!
Dhurn
Sojourner

Postby Dhurn » Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:00 am

It is good to see you back.

We have missed you.

- Dhurn
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:40 am

Here's some Tums(tm) Corth. You'll need it after that extra large helping of 'your words' and some humility on the side.

Yayaril
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:43 am

awesome

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:11 am

Corth..

I'm very glad, as we both agreed in Email, that we could find common ground on this and come to a mutual understanding. You are one of Sojourn's better players, and your friends are Im sure exstatic that your back. You were the first major high-level player to leave, and that you have come back means our extended family is still whole. Image

I want to also publically apologize to Corth for singling him out in my Chaos Xmas thread about twinking. I should not have done that, and have learned something from our encounter about doing such things. For my part in our dibocle, I do apologize.

That said, I want all the mud to know that Corth has come back without any stint, without restriction, without harrassment. The events of the past are the past, today is a new (great) day for Sojourn, and we shall all move on together. I dont want to hear anyone picking on Corth about it, lest you want me to pick on You.

That said, there is only one thing left to say..

Welcome Home.

Miax
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:07 pm

Welcome back Corth!

Toplack (picks the lint from his naval) Frostbear
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Feb 01, 2002 5:38 am

i'm gonna cry. someone give me a hug or an eldridge. preferably the 2nd since i neither cry or hug.
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Fri Feb 01, 2002 8:03 am

For some reason this reminded me of a deep thought:

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

------------------
·•Kuurg•·

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”