Why aren't Leuthilspar Elven Guards evil?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Why aren't Leuthilspar Elven Guards evil?

Postby Lahgen » Fri May 13, 2005 9:05 pm

They murder any good aligned non-elf that enters the city. They can detect evil elves, so I know they can detect alignments...
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Fri May 13, 2005 10:05 pm

Elves justify their evil by claiming all other races are beneath them, and so killing them is not evil. Must be nice.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat May 14, 2005 2:53 am

I don't see the problem...
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Lorsalian
Sojourner

Postby Lorsalian » Sat May 14, 2005 3:24 am

The opposite holds true also.

Certain mobs in the evil hometowns are aggro to the inhabitants, aren't they? (or were at one time, I admit to a bit of ignorance on this)

Since these players are -1000 align, the mobs would have gone good by now.

Quick, Easy, Cop-out answer: mobs don't change.
Thanuk OOC: 'thats 6 years of hard work, come to fruitition in 1 single statement'
Was Felton Orm the "Wizard of Auz" ?

Lorsalian Silvermist -- Seeker of the Complete MUD Cookkit
moritheil
Sojourner

Re: Why aren't Leuthilspar Elven Guards evil?

Postby moritheil » Mon May 16, 2005 11:46 pm

Lahgen wrote:They murder any good aligned non-elf that enters the city. They can detect evil elves, so I know they can detect alignments...

Even if we accept that that does not make them good, they could be neutral and xenophobic. Heck, we know they're xenophobic . . .
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Wed May 18, 2005 1:56 pm

If a good aligned thief breaks into your home, do you stop to ask questions? I expect not, so don't break into another's home when you are not invited.

~Llandrien
The Lord of the Iron Wastes holds his hammer high in the air, shouting a torment... 'Weak fools!'
Teej tells you 'I think they're deliberately outsourcing - trying to improve their genetics.'
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Thu May 19, 2005 7:05 am

Well, if you know the person is good aligned, then it stands to reason that there must be more to it than it seems and thus perhaps you need not kill the person. Perhaps they're being made to go there against their will or something.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu May 19, 2005 12:56 pm

I dunno... do you think you could read a little more into it?

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Fri May 20, 2005 2:09 pm

Lahgen wrote:Well, if you know the person is good aligned, then it stands to reason that there must be more to it than it seems and thus perhaps you need not kill the person. Perhaps they're being made to go there against their will or something.

So you're saying that a good aligned person is incapable of evil actions?

I guess everyone must be evil, damn. I thought there were heroes left.

-Llandrien
The Lord of the Iron Wastes holds his hammer high in the air, shouting a torment... 'Weak fools!'

Teej tells you 'I think they're deliberately outsourcing - trying to improve their genetics.'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri May 20, 2005 8:17 pm

You know, I'm a very private person IRL, much like the elves. I don't give a damn if you're good or evil aligned; if you come in my home without my permission I'm still gonna kick your ass. If you manage to get out a good enough explanation in the middle of the beating for why you're there, I might be nice and call an ambulance for you afterward.

All your golden glow is gonna do is give me a target.

Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri May 20, 2005 8:31 pm

Ashiwi wrote:You know, I'm a very private person IRL, much like the elves. I don't give a damn if you're good or evil aligned; if you come in my home without my permission I'm still gonna kick your ass. If you manage to get out a good enough explanation in the middle of the beating for why you're there, I might be nice and call an ambulance for you afterward.

Laugh!!!

Go Ash!!!
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat May 21, 2005 1:31 am

Ashiwi wrote:You know, I'm a very private person IRL, much like the elves. I don't give a damn if you're good or evil aligned; if you come in my home without my permission I'm still gonna kick your ass. If you manage to get out a good enough explanation in the middle of the beating for why you're there, I might be nice and call an ambulance for you afterward.

Too bad this didn't work against that eye of the deep...
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat May 21, 2005 12:12 pm

If ya wanna see Leuthilspar .. roll an elf :)

otherwise

STAY out :)

Elves are just very private and don't want outsiders in their midst
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sun May 22, 2005 12:25 am

ya know, it might be cool if you were able to kill the guards, to get "captured" by the elves, then they make you do a quest to see if you can actually gain access. The whole "outcast from whatever town, kind of sucks. I'd like a chance as my main to go in and explore, If I wipe out the gate guards I ought to be strong enough. Right?
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sun May 22, 2005 12:28 am

Nevermind. I just thought about it, if that happened, then some imm who is partial to elves might bump their hps up by about 5k. So, as Ambar said, if you want to see the elf town, roll an elf, otherwise you can wonder.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Sun May 22, 2005 3:04 pm

Vigis wrote:Nevermind. I just thought about it, if that happened, then some imm who is partial to elves might bump their hps up by about 5k. So, as Ambar said, if you want to see the elf town, roll an elf, otherwise you can wonder.

Heh, don't most level 50 mobs already have 10k hps or so? ;+) Maybe not, but it feels like it sometimes.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun May 22, 2005 7:57 pm

Yasden wrote:Too bad this didn't work against that eye of the deep...

I was in his home, and his eighth eye procced 'unholy baseball bat' on my golden glowing ass.

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon May 23, 2005 3:59 am

You told me you found it on EM, ransacking your unmentionables drawer.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”