merger......

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Grxx
Sojourner

merger......

Postby Grxx » Wed May 25, 2005 10:18 am

im not sure whut yall got in the works with this but heres some things from homeland id like to see here
-zerkers, specifically ogre, along with some of the other races and classes
-mob balance, mobs that shouldnt have di or ultra not having di ,ultra or any other spell/skill/ability they shouldnt have
-time sink reduction, lessen ress fx, let people die, cr, ress and finish the zone. at least a spell or a song that speeds fx along. remove tell restrictions so one dont need wait on day light. better exp for zoning so people can get good exp for hard fights in tough zones. modify exp split so that large exp groups are benificial, this way people wont be declined to join groups because they are greedy. people wont sit and idle wishing as much, they will level and learn faster.
-exp zones like crystal caverns and serene
-who list, all players on displayed on the who list, anon, hidden, invis...
-!grouping restrictions, i know alot of people prolly dont think that would be good but it would, it would make doing things easier, it would pull the pbase together as a whole and not two halves, better for all, realy, i think only those who pray their spells should need to keep careful company, so that the way they use their gods granted powers does not anger said god
-mercenaries for hire, a place people could go hire mercs to help them exp or whutever
-guard, this is a warrior skill, allowing the warrior to choose one member of his group to guard, its similar to rescue but its automatic, its faster and didnt lag you out so you could still bash or rescue
-guildhalls, weve been so patient, put them in already
-!invasion code, invasion code is just dumb, each city should have a set amount of guards, some citizens in some cities should also go agro, but alarm bells going off when no one saw you and a never ending supply of guards is gay. cities should be sackable
-rot timer, so long as the char is offline its corpse wont rot, log on and you got 2 hours. everyone wants to cr, everyone stresses their gear and noone wants to loose it all. everyone also has a life which should come first, people shouldnt need to play, shouldnt have to choose, should i sleep or cr? should i go out with friends or cr? should i play with my children, or cr? if i go to bed now, get up and go to work... when i get home ill have... 20 mins to cr..!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed May 25, 2005 7:37 pm

play the game some before you run off the mouth, more than a few things from your list were implemented some time ago.
Lilira
Sojourner

Re: merger......

Postby Lilira » Wed May 25, 2005 8:07 pm

Grxx wrote:-time sink reduction, lessen ress fx, let people die, cr, ress and finish the zone. at least a spell or a song that speeds fx along. remove tell restrictions so one dont need wait on day light.

Lets see... Song of Recovery.. Last I checked it SEVERLY cut ress fx time, and when you have two bards going. oooo la la. In fact its one song that makes a bard invaluable in places like SPOB. (Frankly doing it without one takes TONS longer.) If you just got ressed, look for a bard level 46th and up,, most of us really don't mind singing for people.

Also, I believe the tell changes have been implemented, though there might still be a few bugs being worked on.

Grxx wrote:-who list, all players on displayed on the who list, anon, hidden, invis...

Frankly, if I'm anon, its cus I _don't want_ to show up on the who list.

Grxx wrote:-mercenaries for hire, a place people could go hire mercs to help them exp or whutever

Whoops, there went my XP groups... ya know, the encouragment for people to actually meet and play together, later forming contacts for Zone groups....

Grxx wrote:-guard, this is a warrior skill, allowing the warrior to choose one member of his group to guard, its similar to rescue but its automatic, its faster and didnt lag you out so you could still bash or rescue

Been implemented for Paladins. Makes them very handy for zones! Go imms!

Grxx wrote:-guildhalls, weve been so patient, put them in already

As Kiryan would say... there's other things we've been waiting for longer. No I'm not saying the T word. *grin*

Grxx wrote:-!invasion code, invasion code is just dumb, each city should have a set amount of guards, some citizens in some cities should also go agro, but alarm bells going off when no one saw you and a never ending supply of guards is gay. cities should be sackable

Actually, the invasion code should stay in, just be tweaked a little. It adds the feel of "RP" a very important part of Torilmud. I'm sorry, but as a human if an ogre walks into my town, heck yeah I'm gonna be screaming and setting off alarm bells. Where do the extra guards come from?? Heck, they were off duty and came running. Yes,, maybe some tweaking for the whole invis thing. Maybe assign a mage to each gate for DIing guards or something. Disguise etc should get you in unmolested.

Grxx wrote:-rot timer, so long as the char is offline its corpse wont rot, log on and you got 2 hours. everyone wants to cr, everyone stresses their gear and noone wants to loose it all. everyone also has a life which should come first, people shouldnt need to play, shouldnt have to choose, should i sleep or cr? should i go out with friends or cr? should i play with my children, or cr? if i go to bed now, get up and go to work... when i get home ill have... 20 mins to cr..!

This one I like very much. But from the time you die you have 18 hours. Why not just make everyone happy and change it to 24? That gives everyone a full day to get your corpse. With necros and shaman around, CRs aren't quite as tricky as they USED to be. Lord knows we have enough rogues around as well.

I usually don't respond to stuff like this, but I do agree with Kiryan. Please play more and look around before adding suggestions, as most of them have been taken care of. Thanks Imms!
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed May 25, 2005 8:24 pm

Lilira wrote:
Grxx wrote:-mercenaries for hire, a place people could go hire mercs to help them exp or whutever

Whoops, there went my XP groups... ya know, the encouragment for people to actually meet and play together, later forming contacts for Zone groups....

I don't have a problem with anything else in your post, but yeah. This I do, you should really know how they work before you comment on it. They wouldn't affect anything like that. I'm sorry, someones going to take a bard over a merc.

Especially at say 3-4am when jack for people are around and we can't sleep and want to do something then we'd snag a merc cause NO one else is around. The people who are naysayers on the mercs really have no concept of how they worked on HL.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu May 26, 2005 3:25 am

id hire mercenaries over players because the mercs quit when i tell them to. the players take 30 minutes to get to you, exp for 15 minutes then have to go because their gf showed up.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu May 26, 2005 1:51 pm

kiryan wrote:id hire mercenaries over players because the mercs quit when i tell them to. the players take 30 minutes to get to you, exp for 15 minutes then have to go because their gf showed up.

ROFL
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu May 26, 2005 2:00 pm

Lilira wrote:
Grxx wrote:
Grxx wrote:-!invasion code, invasion code is just dumb, each city should have a set amount of guards, some citizens in some cities should also go agro, but alarm bells going off when no one saw you and a never ending supply of guards is gay. cities should be sackable

Actually, the invasion code should stay in, just be tweaked a little. It adds the feel of "RP" a very important part of Torilmud. I'm sorry, but as a human if an ogre walks into my town, heck yeah I'm gonna be screaming and setting off alarm bells. Where do the extra guards come from?? Heck, they were off duty and came running. Yes,, maybe some tweaking for the whole invis thing. Maybe assign a mage to each gate for DIing guards or something. Disguise etc should get you in unmolested.

Another option is if you remove the waves of guards allow pk of evil races/good races in opposing hometowns because if an ogre walks into wd he's sure to find my dagger in his back.
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Thu May 26, 2005 3:54 pm

Arilin Nydelahar wrote:
Lilira wrote:

I don't have a problem with anything else in your post, but yeah. This I do, you should really know how they work before you comment on it. They wouldn't affect anything like that. I'm sorry, someones going to take a bard over a merc.

Especially at say 3-4am when jack for people are around and we can't sleep and want to do something then we'd snag a merc cause NO one else is around. The people who are naysayers on the mercs really have no concept of how they worked on HL.

Agreed. Mercs replacing players is an asinine assumption.
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:31 pm

RE: play the game and maybe you would etc...

Erm...heh, guess you dont know who grxx is/was, he has been around a long ass time. Anyhow, I gotta say I like most of his ideas.. specially the rot time and invasion code things. Maybe instead of infinite guards (I used to park my troll in gnome town and afk, that was amuzing at best) the mobs could shout for help and any guard mob within ten rooms or so would come running.

Yeah and the no rot while offline thing is brilliant and very fair and should be imped immediately, imho. RL>>>mud.
[/i]
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:50 pm

what they said, daggaz .. is that a lot of his ideas were implemented a long time ago ..

most folks do know who he is ...

still kind of on the fence about rot timer ... kinda dig the offline !rot tho but once you log in again how long do you have?? does it reset? does it stop if you quickly log off again? i see abuse ... dont see a cr group? log off and log on an alt ...

mercs for hire? dislike .. liked it on hl cause i could solo .. here .. we have so many classes that CAN solo .. why remove further need to group?

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”