item ideas

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
cherzra
Sojourner

item ideas

Postby cherzra » Mon Jan 28, 2002 2:00 pm

Ok, let's say there was an almost finished new zone, and there were still some items that could be made. The fights that they come from would be hard. Gimme some ideas on what slots are currently missing higher end eq for what class... and some ideas Image This is your chance at customized EQ, just imagine if you find that piece you suggested one the zone is in!
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Jan 28, 2002 2:09 pm

* Yuan-ti only eq!

* Some spanky eyepatch which is better than psilk which every level 1 evil has.

* COOL axes, maces, morningstars.. Why do all warrior 1-handers have to be swords?
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Jan 28, 2002 2:11 pm

Good idea on 1! I love those snakes. Snakes, rejoice.

2) and 3) are already covered, great minds think alike! Image Real trolls dont wield swords!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Jan 28, 2002 2:14 pm

A gigantic club of dwarf-smooshing.

I mean, dwarves get giantslaying weapons, why shouldn't ogres wield something that pounds little guys into the ground?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jan 28, 2002 2:26 pm

Whips, chains, leather slacks... okay, how about just a decent whip?

Can't help it, it whispers to me in the night.

Oh, and if you happen to toss in rogue gear, could you consider the fact that not all rogues have chosen evil as a state of mind? We don't all have to be ruthless assassins, no matter what the majority of the item guru's seem to think. I have no requests for any specific items, just ones I can use. Unless, of course, it's an evil only zone.

Ashiwi, the sharkskin chafed elven rogue.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Jan 28, 2002 3:10 pm

A good caster (cleric/mage) shield. Just about everyone is using those damned nebbies.
Something +30hps to be comperable with nebbie, but has decent AC and a protcold or protacid or something like that.. or yeah, light weight too Image

Yeah, an eyepatch would rock also.. especially if it has infra Image

A new version of a nightshade or silver band type thing too Image
Agela
Sojourner

Postby Agela » Mon Jan 28, 2002 3:15 pm

Something that has an enchantment that hasn't been used but maybe the item dissapates over time and becomes useless .. for example ..

some eyepatch that gives you ultravision for like 2 game days then reverts to infravision .. then it becomes just armor ..

or a cleric shield that gives the wearer dragonscales for 2 rl days then swithes to stone skin for 2 rl days then armor for 2rl days then becomes a normal sheild for 2 rl days .. then dissapears into the abyss.

I know thats probably impossible to code .. but i think it would be neat Image
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Mon Jan 28, 2002 4:33 pm

some really really good caster sleeves, mage only.

some ac3 +2dam +25hp rings, warrior/rogue only

some hp rings a-la amey, but caster only

a nice +10hp earring for casters
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Jan 28, 2002 5:50 pm

need some new eyepatchs imho, only 2 good high end ones are clodu zone one and purple.

need more maxwis and maxint eq !

a new belt with some different stats would be nice, only thing mages wnat are sapphire belt.

also, this mud is lacking in good -sv breath and -sv petri hps items :P

as for earrings, nooooo we got enough of those in game!
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Mon Jan 28, 2002 5:54 pm

Whip of Shadowy Strands
2/2 ok damage dice proc's suffocate

A soft white cloth handle leads down to strands of wispy material that move with even the slightest breeze. At times, the strands look frayed, but then form back together into ten or so new strands.

Ashiwi's Whip of Shadowy Strands fades from sight and the air around you fogs momentarily. A loud *snap* is heard. When it clears, the whip is wrapped firmly around Malice, the half-breed son of Strife, who gasps for breathe.

Mask of Viper's Fangs
Some AC Slow Poison maybe +agi/dex

Made to cover the bottom half of the face, the mask is fashioned out of wrought iron and has two protruding fangs that quite possible could be from a viper of some sort, though it must have been enormous in size.

Dingy Gray Earring
PFA some hp 8-10 maybe

The earring seems to have been a once-beautiful piece of jewelry, but now is nothing more than a corroded piece of twisted metal.

Well-worn Old Slippers
40mv 10hp -1svbr -1svrod -1svpara

Though tattered from use over the years, the slippers seem to be holding together. They have a comfortable fit, almost as if they had been your slippers all along.

Gauntlets of Elemental Flame
PFC 2/2 AC11 -10hp (maybe 1/3)
(gotta be !troll. No matter how stupid, a troll shouldn't be putting their hands in the fire)

The gauntlets appear to be made entirely of flames, and are very hot to the touch. Flames seem to crawl off the fingers toward anything nearby, as if seeking out something.

I think of more later.
*wave*
(not spelling/grammar checked btw)
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Mon Jan 28, 2002 8:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Salen:
<B>Whip of Shadowy Strands
2/2 ok damage dice proc's suffocate
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I liked a lot of his ideas, but I was especially fond of the idea of a proccing whip.

------------------
·•Kuurg•·
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jan 28, 2002 8:23 pm

Okay, I can't say what I was going to say, it was just too suggestive. Let's just say I really like the whip idea.

[This message has been edited by Ashiwi (edited 01-28-2002).]
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:14 pm

Hm, I was writing up a global quest mob for a proc blind whip... salen's idea is perhaps a lil better, as we have proc blind up the wazoo nowadays.

[This message has been edited by moritheil (edited 01-28-2002).]
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Mon Jan 28, 2002 10:15 pm

Ok, i'll say it, add skin tight shiny leather jump suit, bracelets with steel studs in them, and biker gloves! Make it !man and !ugly.... Dang, guess i lost out on both accounts.

------------------
Aram the novice paly
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Jan 29, 2002 12:30 am

25 sleeves with some ac or save something not spell. what is there between deep blue and star silver. the jump is 15 ac 6 to 35 -4ss?

20 hp boots, something between hatori 10 and falcon 25 -5 ss.

1/1 or 0/2 dam earrings with 5 ac or how about hit diamondines 2/0 10-15 hps.

5-10 ac 10 hp nobits bracelet.
gogk
Sojourner

Postby gogk » Tue Jan 29, 2002 3:07 am

ok i was thinking the same thing about yuan.
for instance since with the missing eq slots, perhaps create some eq that combines stats...since they have no ears create a heapiece they can wear that combines head and (2) ear slots i.e. ac 7 +5 +2 headwear/earwear i get that from sg crown and tge (2). and something for the waiste that combines waiste and foot. then a cloak that combines about body and legwear.

another thing that i know i saw someone talking about was !rent/!trade/!sell eq. the person who quests it or kills mobs gets it for the time they on. and lets say a sword that heals the warrior that uses it. or that causes the user to be able to relocate a few times with a certain aloted time frame.

oo oo oo another thing was a +regen hps eq:P

i thought of other stuff but im drawling a blank.
gakaz2
Sojourner

Postby gakaz2 » Tue Jan 29, 2002 4:10 am

am i the only one that wants to see a weapon with haste? :P

not a ton of max_str items either, even know maybe its nice for those to be real rare.

gak
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Jan 29, 2002 6:46 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gakaz2:
<B>am i the only one that wants to see a weapon with haste? :P

not a ton of max_str items either, even know maybe its nice for those to be real rare.

gak</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maxdex is the direction we're headed in.

Haste items are a tremendous can of worms. It's not going to happen, because of all the stuff that went down with it in the past.
Aderon
Sojourner

Postby Aderon » Tue Jan 29, 2002 6:52 pm

I think everything on your list exists Kiryan. The sleeves I am pretty sure do not, I may be wrong though...
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Jan 29, 2002 11:31 pm

Sweet, I'm not the only one who likes whips. Speaking of which, I'm kinda working on getting one into a zone atm, we can always hope.

As for things we need, I'd like to see some +dam cleric only stuff added, not anything huge, but allow there to be a distinction between all hp casters and damage ones.

Twyl
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Wed Jan 30, 2002 1:14 am

You could make a Indiana Jones outfit to go with the whip! It procs giant rolling boulders and spirits from the ark of the covenant!

You send Indiana Jones sprawling....

------------------
Aram the novice paly
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:40 am

One thing that I think would be neat is some type of eq for Yuan-ti that can be worn on thier tail, I mean after all the tail of a snake is mighty powerful!
Ex.+10 ac -4 Agi Levitation
+10 ac -10 Agi +4 max int
+8 ac +2h +2d -4 Agi Warrior Only

Maybe a weapon possibly,
3d4 +2h-1d tail spikes!!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:35 am

Fear the levitating snake?

Oh, this could be my ignorance speaking, but I haven't noticed anything for high-midlevel druids other than 10hps rings... All the easy to get 25hps rings are align restricted.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:37 am

PS - by "easy to get" I mean easy to get with like a 5 man group, which is standard for lesser zone areas. Although I personally would probably bring more :P
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:33 am

Valke: That would require a coder modifying the files for Yuan-ti and possibly files for equipping equipment in general, not just some area maker plonking them into a zone.

------------------
"Maybe I should stop and ask for directions . . ."
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:58 am

There is a 25hp ring that all alignments can wear, but unfortunately it's a real pain to get.

Sylvos
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Feb 02, 2002 4:36 am

Definately a +2dam +hps ring (rogueable)
something in the line of headgear wearable
by neutral rogues i mean sheesh i cant get my hands on a surtur or FG crown to save my life and cant wear the SG crown Image

Yuan-ti only gear would be killer too! they are so screwed in the eq area it isn't funny.

Eyepatch!!!

thats about it...

Kifle "Pick me, Pick me!" ButteryFingers
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sat Feb 02, 2002 7:47 am

max_wis held items (not shields..) that are good for all priest classes, not just cleric/druid only or shaman only

i am reminded of holy books on a different mud.... cherzra will know which ones...

------------------
Ambar -= Squishin de Squid =-
Taernil
Sojourner

Postby Taernil » Sat Feb 02, 2002 8:05 am

more good aligned white ansi eq for those of us that are fashion concience. Dressing all black and havign goot stats/hit/dam is easy to do, but for a paladin to do the same is kinda difficult imo.

Not sure how many of ya care, but i know there are a few of us that do Image

Lonely Lonel
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Sat Feb 02, 2002 11:07 am

a suit of ancient black dragonscale armor

ac26 2dam +8_max str prot something

Ymir type load frequency in the back of some hard zone. !track. Big black dragon with a couple of other dragons

shrug

Toarn
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Feb 02, 2002 11:07 am

Kifle: There is a 2 dam +hps ring usable by rogues. However, it's a HUGE pain to get and not really worth the time and death . . .

------------------
"Maybe I should stop and ask for directions . . ."
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:58 am

Treladian... I've perfected getting that ring with no deaths in under 20 minutes...
3nj0y.

It's unfortunate most people get spanked Image
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:43 pm

Take me, Take me!

Oh and more +maxdex stuff!! Image

Kifle "I should prolly zone more before I make requests" Butteryfingers
dhuz
Sojourner

Postby dhuz » Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:38 pm

Hi.. don't know if your still wanting to hear ideas but here's one.. Don't know if you can use it or if it fits, but I liked the idea.

"an obsidian death's-head club" (or mace?)
quite heavy as it is made purely from obsidian stone, this club has a long handle which ends in a melted-looking, horrible death's-head...

stats: I have no idea *shrug* i'm still a newbie somewhat but I think it could be cool if it was SHAMAN ONLY or something. I am not sure if Clerics need another weapon but if they do it should be a MACE rather than a CLUB I think.

That's all,
Dhuzakara Bloodgauntlet.
Gakka
Sojourner

Postby Gakka » Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:45 pm

Ring of sustenance
Sets food to -1 when worn. Good for people that are in to socialize, or just explore and such

Not sure it should be highlvl to get though.

/Disoputlip
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:12 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kifle:
<B>Take me, Take me!

Oh and more +maxdex stuff!! Image

Kifle "I should prolly zone more before I make requests" Butteryfingers</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you insist, why not?

Fly helm sound good?

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”