Top 5 Code Requests

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Top 5 Code Requests

Postby Shevarash » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:50 pm

Its that time again...

Please post your top 5 specific code requests. Note that things like "fix rangers" "implement olc" etc are not really helpful. Try and stick to specific small requests. In the past these threads have resulted in alot of new features....so lets hear it!
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:12 pm

for necros, allow "look 1.follower" to view the pet flagged as 1.follower. Also implement commands like "give sword 1.follower" instead of just "order 1.follower"

Alternatively, allow necros to name their pets when they ress them.

IE "cast 'animate ghost' <mob corpse> <pet's new name>"
"cast 'animate ghost' giant george" would allow you to raise a ghost with the keyword george. I remember you used to be able to name pets that you bought in stores with a similiar procedure.

buy panter fred would name your panther fred.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:13 pm

Implement a command for bards:
songs.

It should do for bards what spells does for mages.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:17 pm

help lyre
help mandolin
etc ...

gives what songs it is used for

storage store all.itemname
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:38 pm

OLC!
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:48 pm

1. Change 'practice' to either move spells to the end of the list or show them by some other means (i.e. the 'spells' command)

2. Move containers to the front of the list when trying to perform command on a keyword (i.e. so when I type 'get bong silvery' it will look at silvery sack before silvery bracer w/runes)

3. Allow the 'assoc' command to be performed in combat.

4. Auctioneers in every hometown.

5. Let pallies/antis/dires remount in combat if dismounted with some sort of penalty (see http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16338)
Vandic wields a massive mithril axe of gazebo chopping.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:30 pm

2nd Selias's suggestions on naming pets. VERY good idea! Only flip side I can see is:

c 'a spec' guard guard

Someone in group-says "WTF, It says I can't "attack other players yet" when I target Guard! Damn you Botef!"

:P

Additionally, make it so mounts also are orderable/mountable via 1.follower. Very annoying when you have 2+ of a mounted combat class and your mounts get reversed chaning which n.mount is yours.
vallis
Sojourner

Postby vallis » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:04 pm

1) The mounted combat thing.. theres no reason Paladins/Anti Paladins shouldn't be able to remount in combat.

2) Hometown invasions! Randomly on boots, hometowns should be invadable, just for fun.

3) Songs, just like spells for mages. :)

4) Innate meteorswarm for trolls, duh!

5) OLC! :P
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:52 pm

I'll give you 10 (even though I have tons more), because I've got a lot on my mind.

1. Remove useless spellcast skills for certain classes.

2. Fix flee so that you can input a direction (% of success based on certain conditions like blind/stun/tanking etc.), and fail a LOT less.

3. Implement the ability to "put all.coins <container>".

4. Shamans - evaluate placement of 6th circle spells (too many utility spells in this area imho, hex could possibly be 5th instead, same with dispel magic), possibly redo theme of ancestral shield quest (I know this is areas-related), and maybe split scry remains/spirit walk into 2 separate quests. Spirit walk in particular - add a planar target like pshift, perhaps increase difficulty of spellquest. Also - please do something about summon totem skill (notching), and also the way the recharging works. Losing pets to crashes sucks, and 3 for every 3 hours sucks too...maybe increase this or base it off your hps? As in...summoning a totem drops you 75% of your hps/mvs. Just a thought.

5. Add info files to webpage, possibly pictures to coordinate with deities (with WotC/Hasbro's permission).

6. Update typo/formatting of info files *stare Shev*.

7. Give anti-paladins and warriors the "guard" skill.

8. Increase max notch of warrior dual wield beyond 50.

9. Fix notching of the following: bandage, unbind (I'd be all for outright removing this one), disarm, hitall, dual wield (they suck in about that order to practice, bandage being the worst). I heard vital strike/assassinate/evasion suck pretty badly this way too.

10. Increase zone mob exp by 30%, reduce exp grid points by the same.

-Deathmagnet
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:39 pm

1. make skills command work in combat....

if you can do a who evil sort while bashing a paladin of dorkus ...

then you should be able to tell your bash skills is now ## after the you have learned something new about bashing a paladin of dorkus!

A
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:29 pm

who sort ingroup

&

who class ingroup

I often find myself being told 'globe non-tank hitters' to which there is 5+ in a group...Being able to type who class in group would greatly ease figuring out who's who, not to mention make looking at a group in terms of what you have and are lacking a lot easier.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:32 pm

(Kiryan's original idea I think):

A search function to find an item among all of one's characters, storage caches, and bags on those characters.

Syntax could be:

find <item>. Example: find tattoo,

Output could be:

Jhorr has a leaping flame tattoo in his bag of holding.
Jhorr has a swirling dragon tattoo in his silvery sack.
Aranel has a leaping flame tattoo in his storage cache.
Toraza has a leaing flame tattoo in his portable hole (jk!).

Or,

You don't have a tattoo.
Pisalos
Sojourner

Postby Pisalos » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:23 am

1 control flee better or allow more success. Even playing elf or halfling, I fail a lot and die.

2. I think when I tried that shaman totem I fail summon and then have no pets. Please remove limits and or failures.

3. Although i haven't been in a zone yet I think it better to gain more xp in a zone than not.

4. store all of an item and retreive all of an item so I won't be told be talona to stop it :) I guess you get a lot of spam maybe?

5. PLEASE make xp not make others not group me when I try to join. I'm alwaysx told group is too big. It's so frustrating bt thankx
Demuladon
Sojourner

Postby Demuladon » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:17 am

My Three Shevy Wishes are:

(i) Reduce the level of dragons in spellquests so that a newbie can "complete" his char and get invited to zone groups

(ii) Change group xp split so that increased group size doesn't penalize xp received, and so the newbie is invited to xp groups

(iii) Reduce mem/pray times for low circle spells so that the newbie caster doesn't spend most of his "play-time" sitting on his butt :)
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:40 am

1) fix summon totem for shamans! I've failed 3 times in 15 minutes before at level 40. That basically means my character's abilities are severly limited for the next 3 RL hours.

2) add something to the Ogre race. Maybe innate stench that increases their AC, because mobs don't want to get that close to hit them.

3) make rhemoraz/purple worm save actually related to strength. an ogre with 100 str still dies to swallow proc like a anorexic grey elf that did crack for 500 years. In other words - it don't mean squat. Please fix.

4) (people are gonna hate me for this) Alter bard glaive proc so that it only works outside when it is lit. A weapon that blinds because of a flash along it's blade, needs a sufficiently sized ball of fire sprewing out lots of light.

5) add a command that turns your character into a pacifist. When someone attacks you, you don't fight back. This cannot be utilized when already in battle - it is something that you must do BEFORE battle. Also, any action other than fleeing resets the flag and you start hitting again.. thus no casting, no rescueing, no quaffing potions.. nothing.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:05 am

1. Make your trophy list show everything above 1%

2. Make it when trophy on a mob hits 2% you cant get any more exp from it.

3. Make it so that when a mob hits 1% on your trophy you get 1/2 exp from it.

4. Make it so that you can't get more than 20% of your total exp in one zone.

5. Halve Exp Tables.

6. Implement DGscripts and OLC straight from Circlemud so areas people can make terrifyingly challenging zones without bugging the coders.

7. Make sunray not need a target like all other area spells.

8. Make arrows tied to a ranger, they must be for collect already? So that in a crash they appear in your quiver.

9. Give rangers guard.

10. Give rangers a skill that does absolutely nothing but has 4 lines of brightlly coloured and possibly blinking ansi associated with it.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:24 am

8)

Remove the max_state flag from the game and scale down +stat gear. Then remove the cap for all stats and scale them so that a gain of the stat equals some discernable bonus. This should make gear all around more exciting, since you're not just fishing for the best hitpoint setup anymore.
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:01 am

Make it possible to transfer money from one bank account into another using passwords etc much like you can now access the storage cache of your alt(s). Altho I have a pitifully small amount of plat, I do need to redistribute the wealth sometimes when I want to send my bard out into the world to wheel and deal for the best bargains. I realise that this idea is not new but it was such a good one it bears bringing up again!
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:43 am

make cone of cold and fireball baby area spells like those new spells
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:06 pm

Some of those issues given is a political debate. Therefore I'll post something that is a bug.

Have 6 items with a description, all with same keyword. 2 in inventory, 2 worn, 2 on ground. now make it so that you can look at them all and see their description. ( looking at item 3 should give the 1st in inventory, looking at item 5 should give the 1st on ground).

Not sure if gods have it same way, so test with a mortal.

As opposed to Yay then i think +normal stat gear should be much more accessable. New players (and old players that spent hours rolling) would faint if they saw the stats regular old chars have.
kirres
Sojourner

4 ideeez

Postby kirres » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:39 pm

1. A way to keep in-game books, the ability to write/edit multiple pages, set title, and perhaps be restrung after being passed and "published" by an administrator. Player created Library?

2. Boots that proc something on successful kick

3. The ability to pay a fee after death for NPC help for a CR, perhaps a shaman that can teleport you near the area you died for 100p+? Perhaps only usable up to level 40 or something, no planes

4. Give me a good reason to get drunk (in-game) didn't firebreather make you breath fire on a mob before? I might be dreaming.
KIRRES
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:43 pm

Sarell wrote:9. Give rangers guard.

10. Give rangers a skill that does absolutely nothing but has 4 lines of brightlly coloured and possibly blinking ansi associated with it.

9 = ROFL, so they die FASTER to melee? they already aren't high on
the priority list for scales instead of stones.?

10 = ROFL, sounds right up their alley.

As for my ideas:
1. Mount thing, definately. Remount in combat at a small penalty for a round
or three.

2. Spells list different from prac, and spellcast skills that are unused = removed.

3. Dragon fear save ability that paladins have added to antis.

4. PLEASE don't give guard to warriors/antis/rangers. It is nice the
paladins have something useful again, besides lay hands.

5. PLEASE DO give something to these other classes so that all the
tanks in the future zones aren't ALL paladins. or, conversely, give
guard to all of them (ex ranger), but make paladins guard ability
max higher or be better in some manner.

6. Shaman are a support class, as are elementalists, druids, etc. If you
aren't comfortable with your station in life, change occupations.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:55 pm

stop penalizing group experience
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:20 am

I only have four main points which I think should be addressed by the coding staff. I list them in decreasing order of importance (to me). The first two are about game mechanics, and the last two reflect observations and desires about classes which I myself play. (I do not consider myself qualified to offer suggestions about classes which I do not/have not played.)

1. Grouping and experience

Requests:
(a). Make trophy mean something.
(b). Make adding group members beyond 3-4 have less of a negative effect on xp rate.

Reasoning for requesting these changes specifically:
I feel it would be better for the game if it were possible to xp doing things like exploring and trying to smite random mobs: as it is, designated 'xp zones' are the only places really worth it, and that's a little ridiculous. I would like xp to be slightly harder, but something more resembling taking a big group to jot grid to smite some trolls for xp, or going and smiting things like WD elites, etc. Basically the xp zones of today (ship, DS, maybe within DK for evils, although the latter is less of an issue _today_) have a combination of low risk and middle-to-high reward. This is a problem because it creates no desire for players to go anywhere else.

2. Dragons (among other things): I think the new dragon code has fulfilled its expectations for making dragons something to be feared. However: I think it needs a couple specific tweaks.

The main issue I'd like to address with my request here is the excessive variability of both damage and proc rate. The way most of these fighs have been going is group does fine, minute later, group still doing fine, 2 bad rounds later, group is all pretty hurt with some low hps people dead. This makes dragons hard. It also turns fighting one of them into a gambling game with odds which depend on the amount of damage you bring.

My proposed solution (quick fix): make dragons more consistent in the amount they proc and amount of damage done by that dragon's proc. Note that this does not mean I want dragons to all be the same. But fighting a particular dragon mob should at least be somewhat consistent over the long run.

A more complete way of doing this (somewhat technical, I am a statistician) is to, in a nutshell, redesign the way random numbers are generated by the mud in some cases. Judging by what I can observe as a player, I theorize that in most cases, numbers are still generated by rolling a specific number of virtual n-sided "dice". For most calculations, generating normally distributed random variates is probably more suitable. So instead of rolling (for example) a 20d20 +200 to determine damage, giving a spread of damages from 200 to 600, one would specify a mean damage of 400 and standard deviation of 50, for example. This would mean that 68% of all procs would fall between 350 and 450 damage, and roughly 95% of all procs would fall between 300 and 500. In this way, the designer of a particular mob or proc can easily specify how they want it to behave, and be sure that it will indeed behave that way.

I feel that if in general, the mud is made more consistent, it will remain just as difficult, for the most part, while being less frustrating to players who would feel that these fights are less about luck than they are today.

3. Necromancers:
* 8th circle for necros is quite worthless in most situations.
* Part of a solution: make destroy undead penetrate globe, please. It's an 8th circle spell for crying out loud.

4.Bards: Address the high level bard songs which are mostly useless. Song of miscast magic, anyone? Elements and sorcery have their uses, but there's almost always a better song to sing in the situation by a long shot. Some more quest songs would be nice, too (maybe take an existing song, change/upgrade it, and give it a hardass quest. That'd be fun.)

Thank you for your time,
Xebes
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:47 am

I agree on the group exp thing.

Switch the mmail box around so you don't have to spam all the way through it to find your most recent mmail.

Fix it so you can see the descrip on 2.item in your inv.

Make magma fogged instead of dark... would make sense since it should be kinda smokey.

Store all.item container (to transfer all of a specific item from your container directly to your storage), or store X.item container (to transfer a certain quantity of a specific item from your container to your storage).

Since it's little things, I'll avoid asking for guildhall code, or something to use prestige on.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:32 am

Maybe make items retrievable from containers with multiple keywords. Some item keywords are way too common. Like some of the potions. Maybe something like

get purple.potion vault

Guard skill makes no sense for APs! I think they should have a skill thats the reverse of rescue. Makes someone else tank.

Aristan steps back and pushes Kavik into the fray.

I think all evils should receive a boost so that they're significantly better than goods, maybe this would make evils a choosen race for doing the tougher zones. Evils are supposed to be the race for those wanting a challenge, so if they were more powerful elite players would want to play them. They could be made more challenging via tougher hometowns etc, like how Hyssk is, and I know that would only be part of what would be needed for that. Ogres could have the ability to dual wield 2h weapons for instance, Troll regen could be made more impressive to better compensate for the fire disadvantage, Drows could be given shrug (if it works on breath weapons would help them in dragon fights). Not sure about the other races. Another idea I had for drows was maybe make them a premier spell caster class by making them cast spells one * faster. Maybe give duergars perm sneak in any unlite room. Then make zones a bit tougher so goods can only do them with great difficulty and evils can do zones more easily, zoners would go evil. At least do to the zones that are supposed to be hard like SPOB, Izan's, Magma, IC2, etc. Or maybe people might go evil for being able to do tough zones in smaller groups and thus more often as it would be easier to get a group of 10 than 15. *babble off*
Lilithelle
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:51 am

Give bard song of healing a chance to remove blind and poison at high level.

Add realms effect and some protection from roar/fear to song of protection, and make it last a short time after the song stops (so it doesn't poof if you get stunned for a few rounds).

Add togglable feature to colorize hps/moves etc and name of people in group depending on their status if they are hurt (4 differant colors or something.. for example green when 90%+, yellow 50-89%, orangeish 25-49%, red <25%)

More of an item request, but please add keyword 'instrument' to all instruments, and remove !ID flags from instruments (rosewood mandolin etc).
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:02 am

worn> bag of bleh
inv> bag of bleh
ground> bag of bleh
ground> bag of bleh
wielded> bleh longsword

[Typed Command] keyword bleh

1.bleh WORN bag of bleh
2.bleh WIELD bleh longsword
3.bleh INVENTORY bag of bleh
4.bleh GROUND bag of bleh
5.bleh GROUND bag of bleh

[Typed Command] recite identify 2.bleh

you feel informed:
bleh longsword blah blah blah

[Typed Command] get 2.bleh

You're wielding it.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:19 pm

For group leaders it would be nice if there was a toggle that allowed them to temporarily order people to stop following them. Its not practical to do a 'tog follow' for just a few seconds when you want to scout something or whatnot, because its such a pain in the ass to get all the afk/distracted people to follow you again. Rather, if you could temporarily order your people to stay still, and then when your done with what your doing, order them to follow you again, it would allow group leaders a lot more flexibility within zones.

Corth
Last edited by Corth on Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:21 pm

Lilithelle wrote:Guard skill makes no sense for APs! I think they should have a skill thats the reverse of rescue. Makes someone else tank.

Aristan steps back and pushes Kavik into the fray.Lilithelle

Guard makes a lot of sense actually, Anti's are LE, they're not bloodthirsty savages, they have some of the same tendancies as a paladin would in that respect.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:24 pm

Corth wrote:For group leaders it would be nice if there was a toggle that allowed them to temporarily order people to stop following them. Its not practical to do a 'tog follow' for just a few seconds when you want to scout something or whatnot, because its such a pain in the ass to get all the afk/distracted people to follow you again. Rather, if you could temporarily order your people to stay still, and then when your done with what your doing, order them to follow you again, it would allow group leaders a lot more flexibility within zones.

Corth
much like consent of old, except for followers .. intriguing idea with ... rofl the possibilities ... (imagine Larem leading ..)

Larem: order all emote I am ODD like Larem and love Fiona.

:P
Etharo
Sojourner

Postby Etharo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:58 pm

I think all evils should receive a boost so that they're significantly better than goods, maybe this would make evils a choosen race for doing the tougher zones. Evils are supposed to be the race for those wanting a challenge, so if they were more powerful elite players would want to play them. They could be made more challenging via tougher hometowns etc, like how Hyssk is, and I know that would only be part of what would be needed for that. Ogres could have the ability to dual wield 2h weapons for instance, Troll regen could be made more impressive to better compensate for the fire disadvantage, Drows could be given shrug (if it works on breath weapons would help them in dragon fights). Not sure about the other races. Another idea I had for drows was maybe make them a premier spell caster class by making them cast spells one * faster. Maybe give duergars perm sneak in any unlite room. Then make zones a bit tougher so goods can only do them with great difficulty and evils can do zones more easily, zoners would go evil. At least do to the zones that are supposed to be hard like SPOB, Izan's, Magma, IC2, etc. Or maybe people might go evil for being able to do tough zones in smaller groups and thus more often as it would be easier to get a group of 10 than 15. *babble off*
Lilithelle

Agreed. Evils are just languishing now.

1. fix evils
2. melee
3. integrate homeland kits
4. allow canablization of alts xp or time played - XP is boring
5. increase zone xp
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:37 pm

Reduce XP penalty for grouping. Groups are just conditioned to turn you down typically

Make new skill remount for horse hopping while fighting. That way they can practice mounting in fight.

Improve AI for pets, such as tog ability for them to STOP auto-assisting, or allow physical assist, but not allow caster pets to cast, etc. Also please make them abort WHEN they are ordered to.

Allow a command to sort items in storage. Manually doing it tends to spam. Sort idea, I assume would be misc, then by location. so all potions, bags, etc would be top, then followed by head-to-toe place?

Abi spell for necromancers is pretty much junk. There's less damage and no reason to cast it over the lesser circle, yet stronger beltyns. Abi's on the board D&D is quite devistating.

perhaps create a spell for pet-class owners that allow you to curse the pet, where the pet cannot remove, nor fumble, items/weapons. Doing so destroys the eq given to the pet when the pet dies. Would get good use to fodder eq and not spam the mud when the critter dies. (Lord P's magical vanishing sword is best example)
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:11 am

Lilithelle wrote:
Guard skill makes no sense for APs! I think they should have a skill thats the reverse of rescue. Makes someone else tank.

That sounds like a fun addition to anti. But it should be that you can only do that to people who have consented you, for those times when you anticipate that you'd need to do that.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:48 am

1) Advanced Move Regeneration for Lich chars and Undead Pets (as song of traveling) -OR- allow Heal Undead to vigorize moves (even when cast from pets)

2) Allow Heal Undead to remove blindness on Undead (PC or Pet)

3) Allow dragons to remain animateable, otherwise introduce a new spell such as raise draco-lich.

4) Storage retrieve/store all/all.itemname

5) Tweak dragon code:
- Increase immunity to major paralysis attacks
- Increase damage of dragonbreath to be most powerful weapon they have (perhaps great wyrms should have a final super breathe instead of a final super attack when they hit awful/near death).
- Reduce damage or frequency of proc attacks, and re-affirm they are no longer stackable allowing for multiple occurances per round.
- Introduce swallow code to dragons of appropriate size and age
- etc.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:15 am

Lilithelle wrote:Guard skill makes no sense for APs! I think they should have a skill thats the reverse of rescue. Makes someone else tank.

Lilithelle

Oh my word. Wonderful idea. I like it! the Pkill options would be AMAZING! =P
Seriously though, would be a great idea.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:55 pm

Oh yeah...
Toggle Engage command, so that you won't automatically engage if a mob areas.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:12 pm

Wow, a lot of good ideas here. So here are a couple of things I'd like to see (some are repeats of what others have said but I want to repeat them because they're just _that_ good).

1) A true group exp bonus so we _want_ to help out the true noobies who try out our game that we voted diligently for so it would get to the top of the mud site listings and we get back a more-than-respectable pbase that everyone keeps wishing for.

running on...

2) A storage feature to retrieve all.Xitem and store all.Xitem.

3) A storage sort function. Input: Storage List XKeyword, Output: A list of items with that specific keyword. Can add this same feature to all sorts of containers (hint hint).

4) Make sunray not have to be targeted.

5) Give glitterdust the same information output that sunray has, where every mob in the room is listed and you know which ones were successfully blinded. Right now glitterdust only says X mob was blinded (paraphrasing) and you can't tell which of the umpteen thousand mobs in the room with that same name were blinded (gatehouse fights, anyone?).

6) Use the psionicist skill code for bard songs and make bard songs just as weak as psionicist skills at low levels and just as neat and proccish at higher levels. This would mean getting rid of all of the different song "type" skills and making each individual song its own skill. This is a good way to add the cure blind/poison feature to song of healing, and a VERY good way to make the almost-never used songs in a bard's repertoire useable. If you want a list of ideas for potential procs/effects/levels of song power (I'm not advocating a proc for each song, btw), mwrite or send me a message here and I'll fill you in. :)
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:08 pm

Fix Undead Pet Para bug!

Tired of going to seelie, raising two ghosts and losing them a minute later to a para proc and having them just poof on me and aggro me. If nothing else they should stand in place till it wears off.

Either make it so Para doesnt tog fol for undead pets causing them to poof or make it so Heal Undead counters para.
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:48 pm

OMG, something to temporarily make people stop following the group leader would rock. When I'm leading a zone like TTF thats no well and i have to run outside to well someone I don't want to drag the whole group and well if I do drag the whole group out of the zone it can repop. My suggestion would be since togpc and togpet stops followers permanently that tog follow be changed to make it so that no one follows you when you move but will still be following you when you toggle it back on.

And we don't need dragons any meaner with swallow procs or mega damage areas at aweful. High level dragons cast one full heal per 10 seconds, if they wipe out most of your group at aweful you will lose ALOT of ground while welling/life walking in the dead, respelling etc. An ancient wyrm can get to full in less than 11 minutes.

Another suggestion, make it so the bigger a creature is the less damage it takes from small weapons. Maybe a damage multiplier proportional to weapon length(could use weight to be lazy)/mob size. Why? It makes no sense a rogue doing large amounts of melee damage to a dragon or similar large creature with a weapon thats only 6" long. It would give a boost to large race warriors, rangers, APs/Pals. Rogues would still have a role, they'd do great damage to near man sized creatures, but for melee damage to dragons/demons you'd use hitters. You could keep melee damage vs dragons/demons the same for rogues but use the multiplier to increase the damage large weapons do to them (dragon/demon physical defenses are too high). People would actually take non-rogue hitters to zones with dragons/demons. Invokers would still have a role, they'd be for fights with large numbers of mobs via area spells, or mobs without high MR. Backstab should be size dependant or at least not work on certain races, same with vital strike. Do mobs like golems even have vital organs? What good does it do to stick a 6" dagger into a 60' tall treant? Its not like there are any vital organs or even arteries to pierce. To say nothing of the fact that now rogues are assumed to know the anatomy of every mob in existance enough to find their delicate spots. Personally I have no idea where the vital organs on an otyugh would be.
Lil
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:19 pm

I'm casting around in the clutter in my head and I really only have one item that I'd want to see implemented - something to use Prestige for.

This would include a few random items like houses, maybe adding "furniture" loot to zones (OMG, I juz got teh l33t Tia Loveseat).

This might be item #2 though it could be tied in to prestige.. adding "beacons" to major towns, so that you can c 'relo' mithrilhall or c 'moonwell' moonwell (on Moonshae) or something like that. Could be implemented a few different ways really.
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:13 am

1) Tog noncombatant.
    Mentioned before. This echos the same idea under different names by others above. Bottom line - I really don't want to hit the target with my stick, I want to nuke his butt. So don't make that area or hitall engage me. Of course this won't prevent tanking - you simply aren't swinging back, and don't enter the fray UNLESS you are tanking.
2) togpet <notinroom>
    Toggles all pets not currently with the master.
3) Way to cure para & blind pets. (yay botef & sexy)
    Something other than begging people to toss a heal before the pet decides to crumble. Also some way to regen moves. All of the above on an overload of healundead?
4) TOG AI.
    Ability to turn off all pet AI, other than perhaps returning to default position. You tell Joe hitter 'sorry for missing your globe, stupid ghost decided to blackmantle that wraith instead.'
5) Rethink Lich PfU affect of protect undead.
    Thanks for making it work at all, but... Why oh Why are we stuck with a fractional strength PfU? Why can every other member of the group (large or small) stroll through undead zones, but liches (who made the rest of the group immune) are unable to do the same? The arguments provided in other discussions just don't make any sense to me...
    I'd offer the strength, but I'm not sure it is supposed to be public knowledge.

Thanks again for this... home away from home..
-Nek
--Hey, Look, I just regenerated a finger. Guess which one.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=191
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:56 am

[0] Copy spellbooks!!! Or at least stackable scribe commands.

[1] Regarding relocating to a location: How about nonrentable questable/buyable/lootable items that you could drop on the ground and be able to relocate to?

[2]'songs' command(I suggested something similar to this in October of 2002) prints the following to the screen (adapted to level):

Code: Select all

1st level:  song of regeneration(lyre),
            song of protection(harp)

11th level: song of offensive harmony(drums),
            song of offensive disruption(horn),
            song of renewal(flute)

21st level: song of defensive harmony(drums),
            song of defensive disruption(horn)

31st level: song of healing(lyre),
            song of revelation(harp),
            song of travel(lyre),
            song of sorcery(flute)

41st level: song of miscast magic(mandolin),
            song of harming(mandolin),
            song of the elements(drums)

46th level: song of recovery(flute)

[3] Make player's ages depend on play time, not wall clock time. I don't play much, so I've got a lvl-18 paladin with 23 hours 55 minutes play time on it that is 140 years old. He's not going to be getting more play time. 24 hours may not be much, to some, but, to me, it's about 2 weeks worth (or more).

[4] Bloodtusk moved to Luiren's old location.

[5] Check for spellbook in inventory at mem time, not when the first spell would mem.

[6] More spells or no fail on Bard/Battlechanter spells.

[7] Lore resets when spells reset, rather than some nebulous time after the last lore usage, OR have lore cost mana. Enchanters have unlimited identifies. Make it cost enough mana to equal the amount of time it takes an enchanter to remem a spell (at level enchanters get id), and cost more mana for lower levels, and less mana for higher levels.

[8] Multiple rooms in the inn, that still count as the inn, where you can take your alt(s) to move equipment, without spamming others, or being spammed in return.

[9] For Sale boards in silence rooms (no emotes/globals/eq movement/whatever) so you can read the boards without continually having to reread the same message because of room spam.

[10] 'stack' command, so that we CAN stack commands and the consequences be upon our own heads. Though also have an 'abortstack' command to clear stack 8).

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
Zafle
Sojourner

Postby Zafle » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:15 am

SKILLS

ALL: SEARCH, How about having a search skill, I hate taking 10 - 15 searchs to find something that I know is there.

WARRIOR, PALADINS, ANTI, RANGERS: FIGHTING STYLES, OFFENSE AND DEFENSE.

Offense :(reduce Parry, Dodge, Defense and ac, Increase dual wield, double attack and offense)

Defensive: (reduce Dual wield, double attack and offense Increase parry, dodge, defense, and ac)

Necromancer: Summon Undead: summons all pets

Druid: Natures Touch: Flags room with nature flag, (not usable on plans, underwater)

Illusionist: Rainbow Patter: Room affect instead of single target

Rogue: throwing weapons

Allow all races that are below -350 alignment to group with evils

Give evils the continual darkness spell so they can venture out in the light more
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:17 pm

make it so that if a mob cant see you (hidden) it doesnt proc on you.. i had the pleasure of meeting the branches in astral... thats all im sayin..

another thing.. combo spells, particularly metalskin combination of 2 stoning classes casting stone together on the same pc/pet, we had this in homeland and it was a huge help before we were able to quest dragonscales

a new toggle, toggle weather... some of us really could care less if its raining fireballs out of surtur's ass and the spam from weather is something i could do without

new spell for shamans, spirit sanctuary.. can save the group when they are surrounded and there's nowhere to mem
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:06 pm

My idea for prestige is for it to give a chance for intelligent low level agros to not attack you. The idea being prestige is really your prestige, how well people know you and what they think of you. I mean Lilithelle has over 19000 prestige, over 400 play days, and has been around for well over 100 years game time. I'd think the intelligent mobs at least on prime plane might have heard of me. Like the orcs on the road to MH, they should recognize me and run for it when I enter the room and save me having to wipe them all out with a couple spells. Or how many times have I run through troll hills, those guys should know to run when they see me. Of course on high level agros it might have the opposite effect... Like mobs thinking hey if I take out Lilithelle I'll be famous and I bet she has phat loot! Or in zones mobs thinking oh she's a powerful druid, we better kill her first.
Lil
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:21 pm

Ohhh, I like that idea Lilithelle.

But I don't know how extreme you should take the big mobs in zones thing. If they are going to take you out first, doesn't it mean that they will switch to you until you are dead? I'd bring along a Paladin or two and make them guard the person with the highest prestige meanwhile the rest of the party goes through the fight unmolested (unless Pril is one of the paladins. . . then who knows who will get molested)

But I've got enough faith in our coders that they could figure out a way around that.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:10 pm

grundar wrote:make it so that if a mob cant see you (hidden) it doesnt proc on you.. i had the pleasure of meeting the branches in astral... thats all im sayin..

That's one of the main points of those branches, unhiding rogues; it's part of the purpose of the proc. Besides, plants don't have eyes, they don't have to see you.

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:12 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Besides, plants don't have eyes, they don't have to see you.

Then how come they switch? :)
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:14 pm

You're not really asking for it all to make sense, are you?

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”