I Dont like wasting time.!!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Originnalnecasio
Sojourner

Postby Originnalnecasio » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:36 pm

Last Night was a pefect example of this game going to hell in my honest opinion. YOu people all know i left and didnt play for a year or more and was convinced to play by some people here because it was supposed to be fun . heh. LAst Night my friend Muna started a zone TTF around 11 pm and i was lucky enuff to be one that was invited to join the group( a ranger). NOw as the zone progressed and became longer than most expected many people decided to bail. I rarely ever bail in a zone cause its rare i ever get in one :P so i say i will stick it out eve tho its after 1 am. as the night progresses past 2, ... 3,... 4 am some of the group was being replaced with newwer people who just logged on like taishanos and others. NOw towards the end Kazur needs rest and is replaced by sadet,.. probably the last 2 fights of the trip ,.. mind you its about 5 am at this point. Anyway after the whole zone is completedd we doing splits and taisho bids on things he was there for,.. Sadet bids on something we did 4 hours before he got there?? i mean Please let me know if i have been gone that long ?? If thats the case please ask to me zone at the end of the zone? Why have me wasting my time for 7 hours to zone only to let a person play i hour and be privy to the same pick? You people have never heard me on this board and usually if i have a problem i keep it to myself . but i honestly felt like i wasted my time last night. Congealed blood earring is one of the early mobs in tf and a veryimportant item t o a hitter such as rangers and rogues. I never have a problem with bidding just make it fair to people. If not and its like that please let me know ahead of time i wont judge you i just wont come. but just give me the option of not wasting my time. Nothing against Muna/diac, he has always been cool people in my book or sadet whom i dont know, just the fact of wasting my time please dont do it.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:55 pm

If you don't like wasting your time, ride the short bus! Whoop.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:25 pm

Eh, venting here will do absolutely nothing.

Talk to the leader of the group, considering it's their bid rules.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:58 pm

or, use your feet.. don't group with them again.
Krazax
Sojourner

Postby Krazax » Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:31 pm

It was an complete waist of my time as well. I behind ya 100% on this Nec.

And yo, for the record, it was the last fight of the zone. And Taish and Sadet were there for nothing else, and they both were allowed to bid on earring, something from over 5 hours previous to their involvement! Also, I don't care if the leader let you bid on it, that's a punkass thing to do and both you know it. Bidding on gear you weren't there for. PO-LEASE!

Da HEE HEE HELL that's fair! My ass!

If this is the way leaders are going to handle their splits, well I'm not even gonna bother staying 3 months to find the hell out. Making a list now, and every leader that pulls some crap with their splits gets put on it, and cut off.

Diac/Muna, I think you need to issue a public apology on that bullshit you pulled. If you ever want me to roll with you again, you're gonna have to.

Otherwise, F That! Go waist someone elses time.
Mystra OOC: 'No, I actually like Thanuk.'
Mystra OOC: 'Even when he whines about his avenger :P'
Raspor
Sojourner

Postby Raspor » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:48 pm

First, I was not there for the last fight or the last 2 fights.
I was there for about 3 hours if I recall.
I was there for several fights.
I've never done ttf, so I can't really say what percentage of the fights I did vs. did not do.
The earring I bid on. geez louise. it's the only peice of eq I've ever even heard of on the glist and I had heard it was pretty decent.
So I bid on it. I also only got 10 point where as others got 20 points for being there longer.
Everyone heard this ruling before bidding occured and noone complained then.
The complaints seem to be about the randomness of the dice.
I'm sorry if someone who was there for that particular fight didn't win it and feel they more deserved it, but I did not ruthlessly bid that item because I "knew it" and "felt like being a punkass"
Pulease!
I don't know where the damned earring comes from! It coulda been on that fight where I died and failed ress for all I know.

Muna again thanks for inviting me, you have asked me now to 2 zones and I had fun in each.
I haven't zoned in ages but you do as well as any other leader I ran with.

And I thought playing a bard would be easy
So far I'm accused of botting and now eq hoarding and I've barely learned how to play a bard yet :LOL:
muna
Sojourner

Postby muna » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:44 am

Necasio and Havuc (krazax):
I have not grouped with either of you much in past but guys this is a game, it is suppose to be fun? Give me a break, complaing about an eq split. If you are going to be upset atleast tell me you are upset so I can try to address it? In every desicison there are two sides, from my point of view:
1. it was a honest split I gave all folks a chance to bid and rolled the dice. If you did not win, them are the breaks (at the risk of sounding harsh). My guess is both Necasio and Havuc would not be complaing had they won something. I could be wrong, if so I will apologize for the slam.
2. My only other option to dicing up the eq was hand it out, which I think would have pissed folks off more. There has been many a time when I have been in groups and eq has been handed out, in my mind guys it is a freaking game not something to give you headache/heartache 10 seconds after you go off line. I have to be honest, this post got to me as I consider myself honest and upfront.
3. At time of spliting the only thing that came to my mind (keep in mind it is 3:30 AM), hey I should try to make this fair for folks that have been here the whole time. So people that had been there whole time I gave them 2 bids as opposed to folks that had only been there recently. I guess, I could have given folks which were there whole time 3 or 4 or 5 bids as opposed to 2 or try to think of some other ingenious way to do the split but my guess somebody else would find something to complain about. My take on it is you cant make everybody happy, so do best you can (which I think I did).
4. lastly, if either of you feel you can do better spliting eq please feel free to raise your hand next time as I HATE spliting eq. It is by far the worst thing to do when leading (in my mind). Spliting eq is right down there with cleaning toliets around the house. Think about it for a minute, here it is you have sent last hour or 6 hours (what ever it maybe) keeping 15 people firing to the same rythym so you can finish up and now while verybody else just has to sit there(or goes afk *wink*) , (person spliting eq) has to spend another ~20-30 mins of writing down who asked for what etc etc. Because god forbid if you mess up writing up somebody bid or worse of all somehow miss writing their bid all together. Have you ever wonder why some of the very capable people (much better leaders then me) on the mud dont lead? I think this type of post may have something to do with it.

Necasio and Havuc (krazax) I am very open to disscusion around this subject if you want to try to get hold of me online. I am rarly on the forum (you my note this is my first post) and probably would not have been here today had a firend not mentioned this post. I have tired to get hold of you guys online to clear any misunderstandings but to no avial. If my actions require/need a justification they are in this post.

You know when I started to write up this post I was really hoping to talk to you guys online to clear up stuff but I think I have pretty much said what I need too here in post. If you are not happy and I ask for a group next time, just say no. As I really need to stop wasting any more time about this lame subject :P

Muna/Diac
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:30 am

This thread was a waste of time. - trust me, i'd know.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:53 am

You gimps, chill.

It's great that Muna leads stuff for us, I always have fun with him (except when he palms off the splitting loot job to me at the end.. ;)

The bottom line is this:
What the leader says, goes.
It's a leader's perogative to choose how to lead, split, etc with his/her group.

Sure, it can be more courteous for a leader to advise all members as they form/join of how the split will be done at the end, but that's not always practical.

From what I hear Muna gave 2 bids to those that were there the longest, and 1 for those that were there in part? (And then let anyone bid on anything I guess).

That sounds pretty damned fair and a good idea to me, for that hunt.

I could not avoid logging off a couple of fights from the end, unfort, had irl commitments, I would have loved to have stayed right thru.

Less whinging, more enjoying the game and re-joining leaders like Muna on future hunts and you'll get the items you want sometime anyway.

Kazur.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:15 pm

First off, great lead Muna. Seven hours? Hrm . . . I thought I was there for the second-to-last fight, too.

This is a really interesting problem, because I think I can see both sides of the argument.

First off, Necasio has an excellent point in saying that he feels annoyed that someone can come in at the end of the zone and bid things that they weren't there for. I know it's not an official rule, but there's unwritten protocol that usually limits people to bidding on things that they were there for. Necasio assumed that these protocols would be in effect.

Now, on the other hand, Muna led this zone for seven hours and wanted to finish. If he didn't have the people, then he needed to find the people, and fast, or risk waiting another 3 hours to get whatever he needed just so he could finish the fights. If the people said, "I'll come, but I really want to bid x item," then Muna has a choice to make. He can either say no, and give up on finishing the zone, or say yes, break with protocol a little bit, but get the job done. The choice he makes depends on his priorities as a leader - bid integrity vs. actual zone completion and having more loot. I'm guessing that in this case, he said, "the purpose of zoning is to get more loot, therefore, I'll let them bid whatever, because we need to finish this zone."

Is this always good? Is this always right? I think it varies case by case. For example, if I lead two zones, sometimes I will let people in for the second zone bid on stuff from the first zone. Suppose we do Jot and Musp. Do you really want to give up a bid on Musp eq for something you really need from Jot? Jot eq is generally considered not as good, so I don't really have a problem with allowing it.

However, suppose (hypothetically) I did Magma and then Jot. Should I let people who did Jot with me bid on Magma gear? No; they didn't suffer through the agonies of Magma, and I'll restrict them to bidding on Jot gear. If I can't finish Jot without them, then I won't finish Jot, but it would feel wrong to let them bid on Magma gear due to the extraordinary pain and annoyance of Magma.

What we have here is a situation that Muna considers to be more like the first case (early TTF gear being <= late TTF gear) and Necasio et al. consider to be more like the second case (early TTF gear having required boatloads more pain than late TTF gear.)
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:44 am

I was there on that run...it was hella fun even though kiryan made me die 4 more times than I should have...that's right you sexy fucker, you killed me :(

Anyway, I thought the way he split was fair. Maybe it's because I hardly play and I got an item (nobody bid on it), but I'm almost positive it's not. If those people didn't come into the zone, it wouldn't have been finished -- period. Can I really say period and then put a period there? Anyway, yeah, maybe the item YOU went for was in the begining, but some of the people that suffered just as much as you, who I don't recall dying, needed items from the later portions of the zone. It would be selfish to say, "Well, screw this, if they want a bid on something that they weren't here for, then lets just stop here." In fact, it is on par with what you are accusing them of doing (biding on items they weren't there for). To be as fair as possible, Muna gave people there for the whole run 2x the chances. That seemed fair to me, and it would probably seem fair to you if you didn't lose your roll or weren't in the group; however, you where in the group and your perspective is clouded by your own agenda.

Muna had a hard decision and did what he thought was the fairest thing. There was no malice in his decision, and he didn't do what he did out of his own self-interests. How can you blame him? To be quite honest, I believe it is you who owe him a public apology for bringing this selfish fit to the forums in an attempt to either bully an item you want out of him/the winner or publicly humiliate him. Fucking childish.

Edit: If you think my perspective is scewed by my item, you can have it. I could care less. I would have bowed out of the roll if anybody else bid it. I play the game for fun and people...not gear. I suggest you do the same. It's much more enjoyable this way.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:07 pm

i vote this thread to be the funniest thread that does not mention downgrading gura.

funny funny funny funny funny funny funny funny

not a slam aginst you at all diac, you did what you had to do. Just watch who you take next time. Take people that have a habit of sticking with the zone and finishing.

ohh and Necasio, wrong place, wrong time. Come back on another run, ohhh i dont know maybe when its not Diac's first time in the zone :-P Things will work out better, i promise. You win some, you loose some, windshield, bug yada yada yada.

Havuc, yer complaining about a ttf earring? Heh, let it go man, it sucks for a tank anyway. Just build up yer Turgy points! Then you can get your pick of zone eq (eventually)

Teflor, i thought you had to be retarded to ride the short bus?

Raspor, gindipple, whoeverthehellyourbardis, bad raspor BAD! :-P only bid on gear yer there for. But on the flip side, nice to see the earring go to a class that should wear them for a change.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:29 pm

I've been coming to the conclusion recently that the dicing system in general tends to detract from the fun of the game. A more ideal solution would be to have some sort of list of player's wants, and have runs on zones for those wants each boot until each person has filled out their list. Of course, I suppose this is what a guild would be for, but Imphras and Scions hardly even have guild-only runs these days. On the other hand, I don't play much any more so I could be wrong about that, but for a long time when I've randomly claired after boots and such I don't think I've noted a guild-only run.

And, ultimately, there's only one item I want from a zone these days, which made losing the bid on it especially frustrating. I almost felt like making a post similar to Necasio at the time, but I knew such sentiment was spawned as much out of tiredness as from logic.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:36 pm

selerial wrote:Scions hardly even have guild-only runs these days.

stay tuned!

Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'

Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:33 am

It's certainly ironic we did a guild ttf this week and that was mentioned in this thread :)

On a side note, just smite it again if you wan't something, I mean, omfg, this is one of diac's splits I totally 100% agree with. You are lucky he didn't claim all, just do that next time diac if they complain! :P

P.S. Ssar is always right :P
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Originnalnecasio
Sojourner

wow not that serious

Postby Originnalnecasio » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:03 am

i didnt think my one post would even get this much attention or feedback i guess thats a great thing for discussions actually. but honestly i am over it it wasnt the eq, i just wanted to know the rules beforehand. When i played the game if you werent there you didnt bid on that item period. yeah its was like 5 am or so and i was pissed that someone who wasnt there won but i never spoke badly or condemned muna or sadet fow winning. like i said just let me know wassup first or i will just ask whats up first, i speak my mind usually as you all know. And to muna i didnt come to you with it cause i didnt see you the next day and i havent played much since that day. I have grouped with you in the past and all ws cool, like i said i just didnt expect to lose to a guy who wasnt there for the fight :P N e way :P kraz, mori, tesos and the others your my dawgs for life:) and to sadet ( i think thats his name) that won the arring enjoy it. PAss the pipe and keep it in the air .
peace

PS have fun live life get laid
Originnalnecasio
Sojourner

ohh and kifle

Postby Originnalnecasio » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:07 am

you need to reread my post before you start trying to say anything about me "bullying" items from muna or anyone on this game. As i said i wasnt angry at the bid winner or muna ... so check yourself. Now rl yeah i may smack you around if you pissed me, off but here i am one of the nicest people on this game so PPPuuulleaaasseee dont speak about what you obviously dont know.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:15 am

Krazax wrote:It was an complete waist of my time as well. I behind ya 100% on this Nec.

And yo, for the record, it was the last fight of the zone. And Taish and Sadet were there for nothing else, and they both were allowed to bid on earring, something from over 5 hours previous to their involvement! Also, I don't care if the leader let you bid on it, that's a punkass thing to do and both you know it. Bidding on gear you weren't there for. PO-LEASE!

Da HEE HEE HELL that's fair! My ass!

If this is the way leaders are going to handle their splits, well I'm not even gonna bother staying 3 months to find the hell out. Making a list now, and every leader that pulls some crap with their splits gets put on it, and cut off.

Diac/Muna, I think you need to issue a public apology on that bullshit you pulled. If you ever want me to roll with you again, you're gonna have to.

Otherwise, F That! Go waist someone elses time.

I think he was talking about that Nec, not you :p

Pril
Originnalnecasio
Sojourner

Postby Originnalnecasio » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:19 am

hey pril:P ahhhh ok ok nevermind then :P
Krazax
Sojourner

Postby Krazax » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:15 am

muna wrote:My guess is both Necasio and Havuc would not be complaing had they won something. I could be wrong, if so I will apologize for the slam.

See now, this BS had me trippin’ for over a day straight. I actually did win something, and because of the way you handled the split, my chances actually increased to win it. But I posted because my boy Necasio posted. He’s a good RL friend of mine for some 11 years now, and one of the nicest people I’ve gotten to know, and often seen him taken advantage of. He’s not making that crap up. So when I see him getting done wrong, I’m gonna get his back 200%, because that’s what true friends do. Love it or hate it, that’s how it’s gonna be. You mess with him, you mess with me. It was good to see Galzar beat me out on first bid, cuz he’s my boy and did a damn good job as MT the whole 7 hours, and if he had posted on here instead of Necasio, like a true friend I’d have gotten his back too. Cuz that’s how I roll, and that’s the kind of person I have and always will be. That’s why people still remember my name to this day. I don’t sell out on my values for worthless colored text.

Complain b/c I didn’t get eq? The forum bitches who jumped up in this thread trying to jock that dick must have lost their damn minds to say that about me. I’ve done well over 50-60 zones in the last month and a half, I’ve won a total of 5 items. Ask any leader on here if I’ve ever complained about a split, afk’d in zone, slacked off, tried to backseat lead, questioned the leader, asked what the zone was before consenting, or give anything other then 110% to the group zone leader at any and all times. You won’t find a single one. That’s not how I am. So I resent that implication abso-F’n-lutely from anyone trying to imply otherwise.

Necasio didn’t even want to zone initially. He’s been discouraged from playing entirely because of a general feeling of being screwed over, even by his so-called friends on here. I’ve been encouraging him over the last week to start zoning and playing active again, trying to reaffirm that he’s got some friends who aren’t trying to screw him, like myself, who only recently started playing again. By backing him up here, I’m proving that to him. In fact, in all the time we known each other, until this night, we’d never even zoned together, cuz he was always goodie and I was always evil. So instead of seeing him have like a legit 50/50 chance like he should of had at the end, it became a bs split between like 4 other people or something. How is that showing respect to your friend, who respected you by staying up an additional 3-4 hours until 5:30am in the morning for you Muna, yeah you, and not for the gear he didn’t even want?

It’s about respect.

Now I’m gonna go look for Muna online and try and squash this BS, cuz I ain’t even mad at him no more, cuz I can tell he was trying to be respectful. I’m raging at the punk bitches in this thread trying rise up and start something by running their mouths about sh*t they don’t know and obviously don’t know who f*ck they talking to.

Recognize MoFo.
Mystra OOC: 'No, I actually like Thanuk.'

Mystra OOC: 'Even when he whines about his avenger :P'
Maxler
Sojourner

Postby Maxler » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:48 am

Krazax wrote:
muna wrote:My guess is both Necasio and Havuc would not be complaing had they won something. I could be wrong, if so I will apologize for the slam.

I’ve done well over 50-60 zones in the last month and a half, I’ve won a total of 5 items.

fol turgy, save turgy points, that wont happen
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:19 am

Krazax wrote:

See now, this BS had me trippin’ for over a day straight. I actually did win something, and because of the way you handled the split, my chances actually increased to win it. But I posted because my boy Necasio posted. He’s a good RL friend of mine for some 11 years now, and one of the nicest people I’ve gotten to know, and often seen him taken advantage of. He’s not making that crap up. So when I see him getting done wrong, I’m gonna get his back 200%, because that’s what true friends do. Love it or hate it, that’s how it’s gonna be. You mess with him, you mess with me.

Could someone translate this for me?

Krazax wrote:It was good to see Galzar beat me out on first bid, cuz he’s my boy and did a damn good job as MT the whole 7 hours

7 Hours?? TTF? I'd go kill myself and call if good if that were the case.
emote Rescuepractice
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:30 am

You need to learn ghetto wannabe slang.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:14 am

i think someone is trying to be cool and failing horribly. you neet to take kifles im cool 101 class. (he will teach you to type like this)
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:59 pm

auslyx wrote:You need to learn ghetto wannabe slang.

amolol wrote:i think someone is trying to be cool and failing horribly. you neet to take kifles im cool 101 class. (he will teach you to type like this)

Just don't know what to say about these two responses .. except .. get your head out of your asses and read it again. The guy defends a LONG time friend (both of these players have been aoubnd for YEARS) and you can't get past his terminology. Would you have reacted differently if he used leetspeak? Maybe I am reading too much into your responses but they upset me. Makes me think of people who joke handicapped people or people with accents. Bet if ya met him on the street you'd be a little less disrespectful!

-mom's 2c

btw shaun, krazy .. this is shalia :P
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:14 pm

No Amber, it's obvious he's white trying to sound ghetto gangsta...and I'd bitch slap dat ass if I saw him in person...wtf Any educated fool wouldn't write like that. You know when you speak, you use different wording that when you write. If he wants to sound pimp, he should take his sorry wannabe ass somewhere that others would respect such trench wording.

I see the Vanilla Ice now..thumpin his chest with some gang sign his friend learned trying to say 'It's all about respect, yo!' Pu-leeze.

Ambar wrote: Makes me think of people who joke handicapped people or people with accents.

Chosing to speak or write ebonics IS a self-imposed handicap. Why would someone chose to emulate an uneducated slave-based slang?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:38 pm

Actually, if you met me in person you'd find me dropping into something like that on occasion, but then, that's a large part of my history. Of course, who here would really know the true ethnicity of my background?

I'd like to think that if anybody here truly didn't understand something I said, they might ask for clarification in a somewhat adult and non-demeaning manner.

I suppose if the best words to come out of our mouths are those that make fun of the way somebody else speaks or communicates, that alone will say more about us than our words ever will.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:49 pm

Being from South Chicago for over 10 years, I more than know how to deal with ghetto scum. I also know when you write, you get to choose your words. When you want to sound like an idiot (a.k.a. gang type) you have the opportunity to choose those words. It's just funny to see someone try to sound tough by writing that. He also if you noticed, tries to try to rhyme some. Funny stuff!

Keep in mind, I'm not saying that guy is scum, just the style of words he's chosen represents the slang used _BY_ common scum.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:40 pm

Proponents of Ebonics-education believe that their proposals have been seriously misunderstood by the general public. The belief underlying Ebonics education is that African-American students would perform better in school and more easily learn standard American English, if textbooks and teachers acknowledged AAVE was not a substandard version of standard American English but rather a speech variety with as much structure, different though it is, as standard American English.

...teachers were encouraged to accept that the so called 'errors' in standard American English that their students made were not, in fact errors at all, were not the result of lack of intelligence or lack of effort, but stemmed from the fact that the langauage they were speaking was grammatically different from SAE.

Maybe they way people like Necasio communicate sounds silly to you, but I highly doubt you know if he's white, black, hispanic or talking fish. Equating ebonics speakers to scum just makes you look like a yuppie asshat (to continue the stereotyping), which I doubt you actually are.

edit...errr, sorry Nec, I had just read your post when I wrote this. I meant the other guy. Pril is definitely right. And Vig, I agree with you too. I was just trying to make the point that equating all speakers of ebonics to scum is a little misguided...well, way the f**k off base, but sorry to stay off topic.
Last edited by avak on Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:30 pm

avak wrote:
Proponents of Ebonics-education believe that their proposals have been seriously misunderstood by the general public. The belief underlying Ebonics education is that African-American students would perform better in school and more easily learn standard American English, if textbooks and teachers acknowledged AAVE was not a substandard version of standard American English but rather a speech variety with as much structure, different though it is, as standard American English.

...teachers were encouraged to accept that the so called 'errors' in standard American English that their students made were not, in fact errors at all, were not the result of lack of intelligence or lack of effort, but stemmed from the fact that the langauage they were speaking was grammatically different from SAE.

Maybe they way people like Necasio communicate sounds silly to you, but I highly doubt you know if he's white, black, hispanic or talking fish. Equating ebonics speakers to scum just makes you look like a yuppie asshat (to continue the stereotyping), which I doubt you actually are.

Avak, no offense man but not a single person here is talking about the way Nec, communicates. Given i don't know Nec irl, but i've known him on the mud for WAAAAY too long *ruffle Nec* and has always spoken very clearly and properly (well mud properly but still) :p.

Pril
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:39 pm

avak wrote:

Avak,
I don't disagree that were teachers and educational facilities in general to embrace AAVE the students would learn more and probably easier. However, doing so would allow even more students to completely ignore the standards of grammar and speech that are most often used in the professional world. (Did you know that approximately 80% of professionals are unable to write at a level commensurate with their position?)

If educators did embrace AAVE, they would in essence condemn students to low paying, education not-required jobs. The "yuppy ass-hats" that run the businesses tend to hire people who speak SAE.

- End Hijack :)
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:02 pm

auslyx wrote:I see the Vanilla Ice now..thumpin his chest with some gang sign his friend learned trying to say 'It's all about respect, yo!' Pu-leeze.

Your own English is not exactly academic. Can we drop this and get back to the issue at hand?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:13 pm

rofl.. what a bunch of dorks! :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:08 pm

Stop now, lest I bring the Grammar Hammer down upon thee.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:16 am

Do you mean the GRAMMA HAMMA rags? :) I picture a dancing hammer than says 'you can't touch this' then, smashes your fingers! :)...maybe roger rabbit toon style.

DISCLOSER PS: I didn't read this thread much after my last post it got too wierd but ragorn's phrase stood out as fun looking :) *touch*
Shadow Scream
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:39 am

MC Granma sez 'U keent touch dis!'
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:25 pm

Enough already!

Please stop posting and let this thread die. All I see are good people, and I mean everyone here (even those with noble actions) making themselves look equally stupid to one another in various ways. No good is coming from all this. So stop.

Consider this an official request to have this thread locked. It is pointless and stupid, even at its best.

Hell musta froze over when I'm the voice of sanity. :P
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:28 pm

Llaaldara wrote:Enough already!

Please stop posting and let this thread die. All I see are good people, and I mean everyone here (even those with noble actions) making themselves look equally stupid to one another in various ways. No good is coming from all this. So stop.

Consider this an official request to have this thread locked. It is pointless and stupid, even at its best.

Oh, way to make sure the thread gets bumped at least 15 to 20 more times :p
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:05 pm

Vigis wrote:

Oh, way to make sure the thread gets bumped at least 15 to 20 more times :p

*BUMP*

Sorry Llall, had to :p

Pril
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:57 am

Just seeing if I can do huge letters like Pril did.
Shadow Scream
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:47 am

Mine are bigger than yours
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:25 pm

Man, someone deleted my cool post :(
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:09 pm

rylan wrote:Man, someone deleted my cool post :(

Yeah I know. I really enjoyed it, it was very insightful.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Xolan
Sojourner

Postby Xolan » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:53 pm

shalath wrote:Mine are bigger than yours

SPEED BIGGITY BUMP YO, DOLLA DOLLA BILLZ, YO... ... YO
WIT A SHOUT OUT TO REZAH, A TRUE PIMP, BOOOOEEEEEY!

*wink* this post is in jest.

Quack
To quack or not to quack...

Cah GCC: 'children are fun to piss off, because they can't do anything about it, until they are old enough to hold a gun'
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:49 pm

yo yo blast outta da ghetto git wrecked outta da hood b1 xzibit atta burn ward aight?
fo all da foolz out ere da happy finger go to all of youz yall nevar B like
M E ... I r gangsta!
-------------
Rezah Gangsta Blasta - Big Pimpin'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:10 am

my.ballz
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:46 am

bump

more ebonics please

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:48 am

*touch*
Xolan
Sojourner

Postby Xolan » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:52 am

CHICKITY CHICKITY WICKITY NICKITY LICKITY SPLITIKY PUMPITY WHUMPITY LUMPITY CHUMPITY BUMPITY

Beastiality is still legal in Washington state, Maxler has just moved there.
To quack or not to quack...

Cah GCC: 'children are fun to piss off, because they can't do anything about it, until they are old enough to hold a gun'
auslyx
Sojourner

Postby auslyx » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:11 am

Xolan wrote:Beastiality is still legal in Washington state, Maxler has just moved there.

Oh my LOL mf'g LOL god, that's sooo awesome! That'll make the property values around the other states rise again! *cheer*

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”