res failure

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Latreg
Sojourner

res failure

Postby Latreg » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:14 pm

failing a res is bad enough, how about if you fail one your trophy list is wiped out or at least cut in half. That experience loss should also affect the trophy since it went up when doing the exp in the first place.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:41 pm

f yea!
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:51 pm

Please don't complain that ress is too harsh... you used to lose 1 point of con an a bad failure.

...THIS JUST IN... TROPHY DOES NOTHING....

I have had mobs into the 25% range while leveling and it did nothing to slow me or my xp down.
emote Rescuepractice
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:47 pm

it's an argument of logic. If your relative base xp is made up most recently of DS cyclops where you did 5 in a row, trophy reflects it. Now if you die, your % xp is lower than had you solo'd the cyclops, yet trophy still indicates otherwise. Trophy does seem to bother my xp gains. *shrug*
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:30 pm

Thilindel wrote:it's an argument of logic. If your relative base xp is made up most recently of DS cyclops where you did 5 in a row, trophy reflects it. Now if you die, your % xp is lower than had you solo'd the cyclops, yet trophy still indicates otherwise. Trophy does seem to bother my xp gains. *shrug*

To a point yea, your XP does go down. I solo'd Pirate Ship from 40-50.
When I started, yea mobs were giving me 6+% a kill. Now I average about .5-2% a kill dependent on 'how' I'm xping (i.e. passive - sharing xp with pets/invis or aggressive - doing damage, not sharing with pets)

While there definatly is a reduction in the amount of XP I received I sum this up to be the XP tables themselves being reflected by Score, not something Trophy has any control over...

Reason I think this is once I was about 50 where the XP table would reach it's end, the XP stopped dropping at all. So from probably about 8% to the now 20-25% trophy those mobs have I've seen no lost xp to suggest trophy has any real effect.

XP Tables usually work by taking the current xp for your level and increasing it a precentage of its original value. These precentages usually won't be constant, i.e. some levels your required xp may only increase +33% of its previous level while other times it may be something like +188% of your previous level. Since a mob will give you X% xp, plus any additional bonus xp (i.e. healing, damage, etc) as your table increase, xp % gained as shown in score would decrease. I'm no wizard, but this my guess at how things work.

Trophy may have a slight effect, but I'm of the belief that if it does it's very very minor and not really of much concern. When I'm leveling a sub-20 character, I'll often have mobs trophied at 15% or more, and still get the same consistent amount of XP - untill I level, at which point the table would effect that.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:00 am

umm how can you tell trophy does somethign if your level is contantly growing and your total exp to next level is growing...

botef No one can make the statement that i got 2% per kill at 45 and 2% per kill at 49 so i don't see how you prove anything with your example... unless your talking that as a brand new 50 you were getting 2% a kill and after killing the same mob 100 times (still 50) your now getting 1.5% per kill...

I believe that i have witnessed situations where trophy has reduced exp at low levels. Like when your being pleveld you can sometimes get well over 100% trophy on a mob (like 150% not sure how thats possible but i have seen it). i believe in that situation I have seen the exp for that mob reduced to near zero if not zero on subsequent kills. Trophy must be doing something... but at moderately low trophy (< 15%) i can't tell the difference between trophy and the exp scale per level.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:16 am

kiryan wrote:umm how can you tell trophy does somethign if your level is contantly growing and your total exp to next level is growing...

botef No one can make the statement that i got 2% per kill at 45 and 2% per kill at 49 so i don't see how you prove anything with your example... unless your talking that as a brand new 50 you were getting 2% a kill and after killing the same mob 100 times (still 50) your now getting 1.5% per kill...

I believe that i have witnessed situations where trophy has reduced exp at low levels. Like when your being pleveld you can sometimes get well over 100% trophy on a mob (like 150% not sure how thats possible but i have seen it). i believe in that situation I have seen the exp for that mob reduced to near zero if not zero on subsequent kills. Trophy must be doing something... but at moderately low trophy (< 15%) i can't tell the difference between trophy and the exp scale per level.

I'm saying that while I recieved an intial 6%, it gradually dropped to .5-2% when I hit 50, and stayed as such on and on and on (probably 15% to 25% on my trophy). The difference I get in xp (.5 to 2) is entirely based on how I go about it, i.e. letting the pets do the work and sharing xp vs. doing damage myself and not sharing.

In other words, mobs trophied at 15% at level 50 gave the same rough XP amount (again dependent on how I did it) as a the same mob trophied at 25% at level 50.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”