Who is the best one man team out in toril & sojourn???

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Zhadow
Sojourner

Who is the best one man team out in toril & sojourn???

Postby Zhadow » Sun Mar 04, 2001 2:38 pm

ImageHi all Image Let's face it people ... there are many great players and leaders out there. But there are only a certain number of people that can actually be call a "one man team". Here is your chance to tell us your great adventures and mishalf Image Ossisna, Grimlak, Lyt and most of the high level necros and liches out there. i apologize if i did not mentioned any goody name because i don't know anyone on the goody side that solo like the three players i mentioned. Correction i believed Lyt is a goody conj ???, but i can be wrong ... well hope to hear from you "LONER" who solo mobs that most people wouldn't even dream of doing ... i honor your skill, patience, perseverance. May you share us your great knowledge so that we may share your experience of self reliance Image Don't get me wrong ... having friends to help is fun and great. But from time to time ... sometimes in some case we end up logging not being able to group with people ... is good to learn and know that you can still enjoy and have fun and level yourself on your own through the experiences and knowledge of these great individuals Image I would like to "THANKS" in advance everyone who will enlightened us with their knowledge Image
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Mar 04, 2001 3:21 pm

Well.. I ... uhm... solo'd the brewmaster.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Mar 04, 2001 4:06 pm

Valeos.

Given enough time, he could solo most minor zones.

- Ragorn
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sun Mar 04, 2001 4:28 pm

Well most of the best things I ever did were before they changed power word blind. Once they made it so that you could only permanently blind mobs that were lower level than you, it forced me to be more creative.

But before pwb was changed, I once solo'd Mahdrel and his 2 sentinals. That was a rush. Mahdrel hits like a truck, and for a !bash barbie, I think he had sneak when he tracked. But with a lot of luck, I was able to kill him solo for the rhemo cloak! Talk about a rush. I also was able to solo most of the GC rares, except for the hellgate demon (sorc/cleric mobs are too tough for a conj to solo :)

I may not have always been successful, but I think I tried to kill everything I could think of solo. This included the terrasque (ouchie that didn't work too good.)

The only advice I can give you is that if you are not prepared to make a pile of your own corpses, then you will never have a good career soloing things :)

Lyt
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sun Mar 04, 2001 4:33 pm

Considering I quit my enchanter not too long into Soj2... What changes were made to pwb?

Mal
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Mar 04, 2001 6:45 pm

Laugh.. Tarrasque killing solo is a particularly bad idea.

Hey, does anyone have a capture of the Tarrasque's description by any chance?

Corth
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Mar 05, 2001 5:22 am

PWB was changed so that the permanent blind only affected mobs lower level than yourself. All mobs bigger than you were blinded for 5 minutes, but it was refreshable. In effect, it kept you from PWBing an entire zone and running around in it, though you could still solo mobs with PWB/major para.

Or pwb the entire ethereal plane, then gate and have people follow the blinded oozes as they tracked you Image

- Ragorn
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Mon Mar 05, 2001 7:03 pm

power word blind USED to be bugged.
when you cast, the mob made a save versus YOUR saving throw instead of theirs. i didn't know this, but all my cheap conjy eq that was +sv was making me a hella good pwb'er.

but i think the best i ever did was the captain and his 2 bodyguards in HP solo. hey, im a rookie.

-kwirl/thamas/dazok
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Mon Mar 05, 2001 7:56 pm

There is only one answer to this question.

Everyone knows no one can top the solo ability of this player.

Aktosh

Solo jot with is insane lich spells or any other zone...

Sojourn has tons of balance problems...

I hope they are fixed someday....
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Mon Mar 05, 2001 8:14 pm

Soloing mobs? Hmm. I dunno what that would be. Anyone got a line on that?

Ilsha! Soon, eh? soon! *cackle*

Lost
Dhurn
Sojourner

Postby Dhurn » Tue Mar 06, 2001 4:11 am

Ya know, I gotta side with Ishadrial on this one. Between his abilities as a lich and his sheer knowledge of the mud, Aktosh was a threat to any mob or zone short of Tiamat (but I think he was secretly trying to figure out how to make Vampires outta me, Talz, and Waelos and throw us at those baby reds :P )
Tanras
Sojourner

Postby Tanras » Tue Mar 06, 2001 6:20 am

agreed aktosh wins this. I was a lich, but he was THE Lich.

Tanras
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Tue Mar 06, 2001 6:28 am

I know who was the badest mofo last Chaos Christmas (1997?), and that was Mplor.

But dizahk was the only sorcie who could tank, so he gets some points also. Didn't group with him after he became Aktosh the lich--although I was part of the group that helped him finish the quest...

However, I'd have to say that Kurz wielding Avernus was the most complete one man group. I remember doing all of astral with Kurz and a silencer. Just the 3 of us. Who knows, with shield punch, he could probably solo it w/ Avernus now.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Mar 06, 2001 7:28 am

I must put in a bid for He Who Soloed the Green Dragon. (I have, alas, forgotten the name)... that has to stand out as possibly the best mob soloing effort, even if he wouldn't necessarily be the best at PK.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Mar 06, 2001 7:46 am

A monk and a cleric can kill the green dragon given some time.

Tagad's artifact didn't allow him to hit nearly as hard as a monk. Thus it took him more time. Impressive as hell nonetheless, but if the green dragon healed itself, it would have been impossible.

I'd still give the nod to Aktosh as the most effective one man army.

Corth
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Mar 06, 2001 8:12 am

Vadicus
Valeos
Corth
Dizahk
Verarb

Just my opinion.

Jurdex
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Mar 06, 2001 9:16 am

Jurdex you are right on...though for absolute #1 I'd point to Diz. Though Its not a truly fair question as some people didnt have soloing classes...so waelos you get kudos too enjoy!
imp
Sojourner

Postby imp » Tue Mar 06, 2001 2:17 pm

hehe whats the point??

Maybe its just me who's got the notion that mud is fun in groups....

...is that why so many ppl whine bout their class needing upgrades? so they'll be able to solo more??

/Imp - solo on Moria and Rogue Image
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Wed Mar 07, 2001 3:56 pm

I would have to say that this is very close but i believe that no one can compare with the litch's solo skill NONE so Aktosh, and Tanras dats my vote!
Diatem
Sojourner

Postby Diatem » Thu Mar 08, 2001 12:43 am

I remember (barely)..of days long long ago...I believe it was Serro..who dualwielded Avernus and Doombringer (back when they were one handed and had perm major globe) who soloed Fireplane, Brass, Air Plane and Astral...

my memory is fairly foggy of this, but I must say, was pretty effective.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Mar 08, 2001 1:04 pm

That never happened.

Serro never soloed a plane.

In fact he hated fire plane becasue one slamander breath killed him all the time... did over 800 damage to trolls, this is when they actually took damage from fire...

Brunthar spent all his time ressing him...

Garosh ended up tanking the majority of the time.
turg
Sojourner

Postby turg » Fri Mar 09, 2001 9:02 am

well i would agree aktosh did rule, but there's another player that was quite amusing to watch. When Tags had his kewl hammer, I saw him solo green dragon :P Now that's some power
Bibbe
Sojourner

Postby Bibbe » Sat Mar 10, 2001 4:11 am

I can't remember his name ...
but that Gnome warrior ...

He's the best soloer i've seen =)

- bibbe
Nymn
Sojourner

Postby Nymn » Sat Mar 10, 2001 7:12 am

Serro solo'd the dragonbone guy a few times when he had avernus and doomie, that was pretty tight;) at least i'm pretty sure he solo'd it, since he had polished dbones and there wasn't anyone else to group with him to help at the time, hell i was one of the highest trolls and i was like 34 or 35 i think.who knows, somewhere in there..

Nymn (Merssink, SsNymnsk), and kylamn at the time;)

[This message has been edited by Nymn (edited 03-10-2001).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”