Favorite Zone and Fight

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Favorite Zone and Fight

Postby Jurdex » Sat Jan 05, 2002 4:49 am

In following the previous question on this bbs, I am curious as to what zone is everyone's favorite. Why is it your favorite? Also, which fight on the mud is your personal fav?

Dornax
Jurdex
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Sat Jan 05, 2002 4:57 am

Favorite Zone: Cloud
Favorite Fight: High Mage of Bloodstone (solo)

Yssilk
Tanras
Sojourner

Postby Tanras » Sat Jan 05, 2002 5:41 am

Favorite Zone: CC
Favorite Fight: Forka
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Jan 05, 2002 10:05 am

Zone: Jotunheim

Fight: Invasion 2nd gatehouse
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Jan 05, 2002 2:47 pm

favorite zone: invasion
favorite fight: 1 skeletal knights vs about 10 nekkid players ne of q. he whoped our ass
other favorite fight: zog is fun the backstab way, and the king fight of manscorps is wild
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Jan 05, 2002 4:55 pm

Favorite zone: Jot before the trolls were put in astral.

Favorite fight with more than 10 group members: 2nd (noninvasion) gatehouse.

Favorite fight with 3 people in group: kostchtchie!

*duck*

Corth
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:15 pm

Favorite Zone: Jot, even with the changes.

Favorite Fight: 2nd gatehouse. Glammand is pretty cool too. Oh yeah, also the time we had all the braxats fromm the cave in one room (12 or so). Image

[This message has been edited by rylan (edited 01-05-2002).]
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Sat Jan 05, 2002 6:30 pm

Favorite Zone: Tarsellian Forest
Favorite Fight: Braxats
Dhurn
Sojourner

Postby Dhurn » Sat Jan 05, 2002 7:39 pm

Spiffy topic!

favorite zone: Cave City
I mean where else can ya find a zone that lets the PC's use everything at their disposal and still makes the group cringe with fear? This zone is a real gem...it has no none of the bullshit handicapping which is getting to be so prevalent in newer zones....PC's can gate out, well in, bash, shieldp, even sneak around (if they time it right), fold to most places, and best of all you can leave when yer girlfriend walks thru the door or yer parents call ya for dinner. It is a zone in which nearly every class is greatly appreciated in and in which all classes shine. It's only problem is that it is too linear....imagine the Jot grid with CC mobs on it to understand what I mean by that.

favorite fight: 2nd gatehouse (invasion)
What a magnificent fight this is. Sometimes even when everybody in yer party is on target and really rocking...you can still lose. This fight was one of the primary reasons I came back...to fight this battle one more time with a group of ppl that I know and care about. I think you will find that its not nearly as much fun if yer fighting in this chaos with ppl that you have never grouped with before.

Least favorite zone: Avernus
Sigh, for nearly every reason CC is my favorite....this zone is my least....I don't care if ya put free tia eq up there...the only reason I am ever gonna go back there is for cleric ress quest...and even then Folur will probably have to drag me there kicking and screaming.
Xebes
Sojourner

Postby Xebes » Sun Jan 06, 2002 6:20 pm

Favorite Zone: UM/UM2, _because_ you can get lost in there.

Favorite fight: invasion 2nd gatehouse... finally I can cast a lot of damage and it feels like it actually means something! :-P

Least favorite zone: anyplace with psi mobs, ultrablast sucks hardcore.

------------------
-<(#)>- Xebes makes your heart start to race REAL FAST!
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sun Jan 06, 2002 8:59 pm

More replies!

Favorite Zone: I think Jot and TF are the best zones on the mud hands down.

TF: has quests, a lowbie eq area, a high level eq area, a semi-uber eq area and exp spots.

Jot: has an extremely well done configuration that caters to three different groups. A grid group or a palace group or a thrym group or all three in one. Plus invasion. Ohh. Image

Favorite Fight: 2nd gatehouse invasion style. It just rocks. You can kick ass and still get owned, but not to the point where you're angry. You just go, "damn!" I mean, what other fight on this mud do you get spanked on and have a smile on your face afterwards?

Best Hometown: GN by far. Awesome descriptions, quests and "feel" to it.

Dornax
Jurdex
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Jan 07, 2002 12:50 am

Best Detailed Zone: Avernus. Even though most people may hate going there, the details and description in the zone are absolutely incredible.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Mon Jan 07, 2002 4:51 am

Best zone: TF, but only if the group is too small, and there's no ghealer, and I'm only cleric!

Best fight: Braxxats is super fun under these conditions. But my fingers hurt afterward, they're hot!

Glorishan
Ladorn
Sojourner

Postby Ladorn » Mon Jan 07, 2002 4:14 pm

Favorite zone as ranger: CC. Warriors are too busy bashing, I get to rescue and tank! Plus most mobs there don't hit incredibly hard so I can survive a few rounds. Plus with archery I can help lure now. I truly loathe the distro system there though.

Favorite zone as enchanter: TF sans !ground area. I lub it! Only a few shielded mobs(I despise casting globe.) and a lot of warrior mobs I can prism and blacklight.

Favorite fight: Hands down, Invasion 2nd gatehouse. Even though I started mud'ing in Jan of '95, this wipe was the first time I've done the fight. In fact in the first group to do it this wipe. It's inredible. It was awesome when we did it twice in 1 week w/o any deaths. Was just as great dying 3-4 times. Words can't do justice to this fight. This is only time I tog condense on and I use no gags either.

Second place would have to goto King fight in scorps. It's a similar fight but with casters. The poison aspect makes this fight less desirable. A few times I did not realize I was poisoned until it was too late. Sucks to die due to spam. I'm not sure if you get the message either. I think a group member has to tell you you are poisoned.

Favorite hometown: WD. I think WD is a perfect sized hometown with diverse areas. In fact if WD hadn't been so captivating, I might not be mud'ing today. I remember walking around reading the descriptions and picturing it in my head and getting "hooked" immediately.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Mon Jan 07, 2002 5:44 pm

Favorite zone: Cloud Realms of Arlurrium.

Favorite fight: Warlord Brakirus Skalimar and friends.

-Todrael
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Jan 07, 2002 10:32 pm

Favorite hometown: GN, the quests and balance of it ROCK!

Favorite zone: Jot, haven't done invasion, but 2nd gatehouse was good good.

I also dig TF for the reasons Dornax mentioned.

Toplack
Lalsed
Sojourner

Postby Lalsed » Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:38 am

Favorite Fight: Anything solo. I love to solo things, or maybe groups of 2-3 with big hard mobs.

Favorite Zone: MD and Avernus. They're hard. They're challenging, and done rarely, not overdone. I love them. Yeah people hate avernus, whatever.

------------------
Lalsed the Druid of Destruction...?
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:28 pm

Favorite Zone: Podville! No, not Sedawi, Podville!
I miss it... <sniff>
Favorite Fight: Wow... This is a toughie... In all the years I've played, I think the hardest fight I've ever been in was to get the Lost Sword... And at the time it was just my ranger and 2 warriors...
Those were good times, we trounced them and I got my Lost Sword. Woohoo!
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Tue Jan 08, 2002 3:05 pm

Favorite fight: Yan-c-bin with no ghealer
Ranon
Sojourner

Postby Ranon » Tue Jan 08, 2002 3:40 pm

Favorite Zone(s): I can't name one single favorite zone, but I'd say CC and Jot would be among the most favorite ones, Brass used to be tougher and much fun (not anymore).

Favorite Fight(s): My favorite fight so far this wipe was 8 people group 2nd gatehouse in jot lead by Corth. We only had two deaths. As to general favorite fight, I'd say manscorps king makes it on top of my list with 2nd gatehouse following.

[This message has been edited by Ranon (edited 01-08-2002).]
Trogar
Sojourner

Postby Trogar » Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:16 pm

No other zone poses so much danger. On any given day it can get spanked. However CC is easier then it use to be. The 1 way room was a source of problems (and FUN for the warriors only) and range wepaons makes luring easier. Still very challenging.

Favorite fight: Tiamat

No one mentioned tiamat! No fight on soj compares to the rush of tiamat. If you have 6 heartbreaking hours of silly dragons before tiamat, the Tia fight herself will be invigorating! Unless um its the 4th or 5th run at Tiamat Image

Trogar
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:05 pm

Favorite Zone: Undermountain. Possibly Undermountain2 when I play down there, but anyone who knows me isn't surprised by the favorite zone choice.

Favorite Fight: I'm with Trogar. Of all my fond memories of this place, Tiamat is the absolute fondest. Death usually doesn't bother me, and the absolute sheer RUSH of that fight is almost indescribable.

Well actually it is. A non-stop scrolling screen of stuff where the only things you can really see are.

OUCH
OUCH
OUCH
OUCH
YIKES!!
You have been FULLY HEALED!
You have been FULLY HEALED!

ad infinitum until either you or she dies. Truly an awesome battle.

Sylvos
Taernil
Sojourner

Postby Taernil » Sun Feb 10, 2002 2:31 am

Favortie Zone: definitly Jot grid or invasion because its like a box of chocolates ..you never know what yer gona git:P

Favorite Fight: personally i love the last fight in the crypts..i picture what that fight would look like in my head and i just think its neato Image
maybe thats just me though

------------------
The Forgotten One
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Mon Feb 11, 2002 8:28 am

Favorite Zone: Roads of the Heartland 1 & 2 (aka BGR, etc) Tons of quests (that Cyric has fixed and are now working, thanks Cyric), Tons of rares, lots of beautiful rooms, plots, sub-plots and stories. I cannot imagine the time that it took to create that area. It's a great place to go when the mud has been up for an ungodly amout of time. Or you just become bored with xp/eq

Favorite Fight: The Manscorpion King is a lot of fun. I really enjoy seeing the Reptilian Rampager come barreling down the way. Anything that changes the fight from "Ok tanks west, areas, etc"

Gnerbs
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:33 pm

So many to choose from. Mob AI is definately the best in SSC, I crack up everytime I go there.

My favorite Fight was definately CC when we were trying to CR a couple guys and it turned into 2nd gatehouse. No additional Fatalities, was an awesome fight.

My favorite hometown is definately bloodstone. I've loved that place since my outcast days. Where else on prime can you find Glabrezu demons in the sewers and Vrock's guarding the walls? Image The place is killer.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Mon Feb 11, 2002 2:11 pm

Best Hometown: Leuth (it keeps the stinky dwarves and humans out!)

Best Zones: MD/Avernus - If only you could gate out of Avernus that place would get a lot more play, and is hella fun. MD is just cool. Scorps is pretty neat, but needs an 'invasion' or something to make the zone a bit less predictable.

Best Fight: invasion 2nd gatehouse is pretty decent, any fight with massive rescuing is great, same when we can get a large amount of braxats in a room Image
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Feb 11, 2002 2:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by belleshel:
<B>

any fight with massive rescuing is great, same when we can get a large amount of braxats in a room Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Careful what you wish for... in a month or so you'll be begging for mercy!

Cherzra knows something you don't!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 11, 2002 5:19 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by belleshel:
<B>
Best Zones: MD/Avernus - If only you could gate out of Avernus that place would get a lot more play, and is hella fun.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think if it was !repop it would get alot more play too! *hint hint*
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Feb 11, 2002 5:43 pm

Hometown: BS/Leuth (BS is a full course for newbies called 'dying 101')

Zone: roots is nice and light; the majority of the group just chills until the last fight. It does, however, check the leader's uber flag at the door.

Call me crazy, but I like the 4-guard treasury fight in Vault. So much can go wrong, and so much can go right. Once, we had Jalahon's itty bitty shade tank all 4 guards for the duration of the fight... I don't even think we had to heal it more than once. And then there was another time when it turned reeeeeal ugly due to some pets in the 1way room, and %% sitter and leader.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”