Seeya

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
digov
Sojourner

Seeya

Postby digov » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:43 am

so the fact that the forgers on this game continue to cater to people who they are afraid of is rediculous and disturbing. I have therefore ended my affiliation with TorilMUD. Consider it offical and continue to wallow in your own bullshit, I want nothing further to do with it.

Additionally I have shut down the Realms Mist and Shadows of Imphras bbs sites which I have hosted for quite some time. To the players that this hurts. Sorry, blame the folks which I tried to support and who continued to cater to people they are afraid of. I have better things to do with my life than waste it here.

Later.
Last edited by digov on Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:46 am

L8
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:01 am

Dalar wrote:L8

Not called for man :(
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:49 am

*sigh*

Bye Bro.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:05 am

funny, now your attacking and blaming the forgers too?

running home and taking your ball with you? sooo mature... can't even control yourself long enough to give your so called "friends" chance to move their sites.

you proved tonight your a grade A %@#$ the likes of which dartan could never aspire. enjoy.

h

i

p

o

c

r

i

t

e
Last edited by kiryan on Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:06 am

what a moron
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:14 am

Quit trying to get this thread locked u nubtacos. Let people show Digov how much he was cared for as he leaves.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:26 am

Not gonna lock this thread because I'm too afraid, but c'mon folks, let's try to be nice on the public forums. I stress again that newbies come here to see how the MUD is. Remember you can send private messages through the BBS. Try that instead.

Cyric-the-fearful
digov
Sojourner

Postby digov » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:54 pm

Cyric wrote:Not gonna lock this thread because I'm too afraid, but c'mon folks, let's try to be nice on the public forums. I stress again that newbies come here to see how the MUD is. Remember you can send private messages through the BBS. Try that instead.

Cyric-the-fearful

Classic. Given that 6 months ago, you encouraged staff to ignore policing the bbs and especially the general forums because they meant nothing to the game and that staffers were wasting too much time and taking policing them too seriously. You said I believe, that you yourself did not read things outside of gameplay unless it was pointed out to you.. I believe you also said that no newbie was going to be influenced by the BBS.

But see dude, thats been your particular problem for years, the only thing you've been consistant about is being inconsistant and making sure you get your own way, even where some of the other forgers are involved.

Why don't you tell folks about how you and to a lesser extend Shev continue to blackhole Shar's ideas which would make the game better but would require you to change a bit do some work and maybe let someone else have some success.

You won't though. You'll delete this thread, or lock it. Thats cool.

I went to bat for you guys cause of Shar and because of the respect I have for her outside of the game. But this is just rediculous. She may be unwilling to step up and bring up the truth. I on the other hand am not.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:18 pm

My question to you Digov is, what set this off? You've taken a complete 180 on this whole topic. You went from telling me I'm ungrateful and should just leave, but you're the one calling Cyric out and basically telling him almost everything I've already known for the past couple of years.

A year or two ago, Shar asked me who the leaders were to try to get into the zoning groove again and possibly give feedback to Shevarash and Cyric. I can tell from the lack of change that nothing has come of this. Once again, after Shevarash closed the poll that began this year's rantings, Shar tells me she wants to begin zoning again. At first I welcomed this idea, but from Digov's post, I don't see why.

In the past, my ideas to Shar were shot down and added later once an actual coder's mortal saw the zone or heard about it from one of his friends. Really, if people e-mail Cyric and Shevarash, will our thoughts be even considered? I can't stress how frustrated I am with the way BC has changed. Every change added to BC was suggested by the people who started standardizing the zone and added YEARS later.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:15 pm

How many new zones have been implemented since Cyric became forger even if a lot of them were implemented poorly? Average around 1 every 3 months?

although the eq calcr is largely regarded as bust, how much effort did it take... and it did fix 80% of the glaring disparities in risk vs reward.

Areas has done a fair job in most areas except IMPING AND FAILING TO FIX OBVIOUSLY BROKEN THINGS in a timely fashion.

digov your transparent. your one of people who didn't get their way and quit. the rest of us don't get our way and just keep on trucking (bitching). get some intellectual honesty bub.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:27 pm

On the plus side, BC was to a LARGE degree eventually fixed.

However, lots of us are frustrated like Dartan about how long it took to implement obviously good ideas especially in areas when the actual "changing" usually takes 30 seconds?

It took forever to get the avernus items made rentable, it took about 1 month to fix Bel's door so it always opened properly as a result of quest (thank you eilistraee). It took 3 or 4 years for areas to upgrade / restat the original eq (thank you homeland god vaparak?).
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:48 pm

Now people, you're not paying attention to me. Play nice or don't play at all. Digov, if you're going to quit, then quit. If you have better things to do with your life, then indeed go do them.

Now, to address one of your points about Kiryan, the difference is that although he whines, he whines appropriately. As I've said elsewhere, it's part of a public forum to have opposing viewpoints that include complaints. But what's not acceptable is name calling and disrespect.

And finally Shev and Shar and I agree on everything that goes into the game. We speak by phone and on the MUD (frequently only as "vis60" where the other staff can't see), and neither I nor Shev have ever ignored Shar's ideas. We have monthly staff meetings where each sphere's plans are discussed thoroughly.

Again, if you're going to leave, leave. But if you insist on staying I request 2 things:

1) a public apology to the staff that works daily to make this game exist
2) a change of attitude, such that your posts are pleasant, polite, and respectful.

Cyric-on behalf of the Forger Triad
-----------------------------------------------------
Digov did indeed respond to this post. I deleted the content and have locked the thread.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”