Going Zoning in that Whole New Zone

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Going Zoning in that Whole New Zone

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:53 pm

I'm getting ready to fulfill a long-time dream of mine by packing up and moving back to the country. I picked up 3.4 acres a couple of miles outside of this teeny tiny town, and I'm loading the moving van tomorrow. I have no clue as to when I might be back online, as the area is very rustic and I will have a LOT to take care of long before I even begin to consider an internet connection. I've picked up my organic gardening books, researched several plans on ergonomic housing for when I begin to build (moved a mobile home out there in the interim and I already feel like my name should be changed to Betty Lou), and bought myself a new fishing pole, as my property is less than a mile away from the lake. Actually, purchasing a boat is higher on my list of things to do than installing satellite internet is.

I grew up in the country, and I'm very excited about this big step. I already have the garden plotted, am drawing up plans for the chicken coop, and know how many goats I have to buy in order to keep the brush in the wooded half of the property under control. I've picked up plans for building a windmill, and have been checking into the possibility of installing solar panels. I plan on trying to appreciate a sky full of stars every single night.

Should anybody wish to contact me, Lilithelle has mentioned that she will be happy to pass along any messages. I've gotten most of the contact info of the people I'd really love to keep in touch with, but there are still a few I'm missing. I'm going to try to make myself write a little every day, as it's a habit I've gotten out of since I've been mudding, and I'm looking forward to having more time and fewer distractions so that I can get back to it.

Hugs and smooches to all. I'll be back when I can. In the meantime, if you guys are ever looking for a weekend getaway by the lake, I'll leave a spot open for you in my guest room. Somebody drink a beer with Dartan in celebration, and I'll be sitting on my porch by Sunday night drinking a beer and thinking of all of you.

P.S. I'm gonna name one of the goats "Gormal" as a fond memory of you, Jake.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:59 pm

best wishes, kelly .. good luck and may your life be as happy and stress free as possible :)
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:02 pm

You will be missed.
Lil
digov
Sojourner

Postby digov » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:04 pm

Hey Kelly, congrats. Don't get me wrong, the place isn't the same without you around and imma miss you! But, damn if that doesn't rock for you :)
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:09 pm

Waves Kelly enjoy the lake and you better get yer contact info to meh! :p

Pril
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:10 pm

Oh, and thought all you big-city-addicts might appreciate the quaintness of my new hometown...

http://www.skiatookchamber.com/

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:27 pm

Man even you jumpin on the goat bandwagon:( I was happy for you until that!:P
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:17 am

Gormal wrote:Man even you jumpin on the goat bandwagon:( I was happy for you until that!:P

Butbutbut... You don't understand... I'm getting pygmy goats, and they're cute and adorable, and you can't help but like them! I'm not making you a goat-lover... I'm making you a goat that I'm going to feed and take care of and it will make me think of you each time I see how cute it is.

And anybody who touches my Gormie in the wrong way will have to face my wrath!

Now PM me your info!

Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:10 am

*sniff* Good luck Ash!!

email me when you get settled.. I hope they have a library or something you can check email on...

chentra@hotmail.com

Lil
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:08 am

*hugs* Kelly. Hope you like your new place :)
Dalar
Sojourner

Re: Going Zoning in that Whole New Zone

Postby Dalar » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:42 am

Ashiwi wrote:Somebody drink a beer with Dartan in celebration, and I'll be sitting on my porch by Sunday night drinking a beer and thinking of all of you.

P.S. I'm gonna name one of the goats "Gormal" as a fond memory of you, Jake.

Give me your tia amulet and i'll upgrade it to wine! But in all seriousness, I really do forget why I dislike you. Good luck with your farm. I find it kinda courageous that you're changing your lifestyle like that and hope all is well in your new adventure. I mean all that!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Vena
Sojourner

Postby Vena » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:44 am

Whaaaaaaaa?????

*cry*
Alonwynn
Sojourner

Postby Alonwynn » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:10 pm

I'm so happy for you Ashiwi, your new place does sound absolutely divine. Congrats and best of luck!

-lirela-
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:45 am

After viewing the links - gotta say -
Beautiful.!!

But hey, you said teeny tiny. C'mon, I saw a stoplight in the pic. That's not tiny!

(Enjoy the peace, hope it suits you well.)
--Hey, Look, I just regenerated a finger. Guess which one.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=191
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:15 am

it looks to be about the same size, mebbe a little smaller than where i live ash. fear not i have a 5 meg net connection. you will be fine. looks like you and I are switching life styles. im a farm boy and all. lived in small towns all my life. here in about a year or less i will be moving to the biggest city in oregon. yes i know oregon citys are still small but hey i live in small towns for oregonians. anyways best of luck. im sorry i never got to meet you in person.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:42 am

Don't forget your tornado repellent! hehe, just kidding - it sounds absolutely lovely and I must admit I'm a little jealous as the whole idea makes me feel like a pathetic urban dweller.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:41 pm

Doh! Pioneer Days is just a little over 3 weeks away. How are we all going to swoop into town for it with such little time. . .oh well, there is always next year (gotta go practice my hog callin').

Just kidding Ash, actually Pioneer days looks kinda fun. I'm sure you will love your new place.

Hugz.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:47 pm

move to new york city and sell goats on wall street.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:01 pm

I just called to say I love you. I just called to say how much I care. I just called to say I love you, and I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

Skiatook has a library with computers, imagine that. Of course the library is only one room, but there are eight computers! No telnet, though. Sure do miss you guys.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:18 pm

I'll come help you turn up the potatoes sometime and we can sing 'down on the farm'.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”