The Immortals

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Sangdraxus
Sojourner

Postby Sangdraxus » Mon May 09, 2005 1:46 pm

therdan wrote:As far as Mystra deleting your character I doubt it. Its this type of crap that gave a person who gave more hours to this game than anyone a bad rap. She had access to logs and would not of deleted someone for this. What you said or did after the fact might be reason you where deleted if this story is true. Bashing Gods that are gone is bullshit. I was there for 90% of deletion's and everyone I saw deserved what they got. So I think your full of shit.

Hate to break it to you, but you are about 20% correct.

Both Mystra and Miax (not taking away from what they did for the mud) were way out of hand, and deleted people on a whim if they were bent out of shape... or even questioned on things they SHOULD have been questioned about.

They are the reason myself and many others left the mud during their "Iron First" Rule. As an adult playing a free internet mud, you shouldn't have to put up with the tempermental childish bullshit that those two put a lot of people through.

So from personal experience... I have to believe others then you.

Sorry,
Sangdraxus Blackfire - 50th Level Anti-Paladin
Sangdraxus - 60th Undead Warrior - Whisperwind
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon May 09, 2005 3:43 pm

therdan wrote:your full of shit.

Normally I'd say something in my own defense, but I think what happened to Toril/Sojorn is more than proof enough.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Re: The Immortals

Postby Llaaldara » Mon May 09, 2005 4:56 pm

Llaaldara wrote:

Who are some of the names of good players from Soj/Toril history you'll never forget? (Good as in, people who left a positive image on your view of the game, not good as in 'goodrace' because I mean all player races/classes).

This isn't a popularity contest in the least, so don't treat it as such. Come up with your own lists, and try your best to not to just grab from others. I'd like to see who was influenced by who in their playing over the years.

Please Adhere to the following respectul requests within this thread:
-No getting into any nasty drama details. Post the names, and as much class/race/gender info as you can, as well as one possitive aspect about that player (aka your reason for listing them).
-No bashing people, or quoting other people. Speak for yourself.
-No obvious brown nosing of current players. Remember, I said 'Soj/Toril history' and that is indicating players who are not currently playing or haven't played for over a year.
-No derailing my thread. Post your list once, and update it if you need to.

I appreciate your help to keep this positive and productive.

Thank You.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon May 09, 2005 8:49 pm

Update. Ruggak will forever be Immortalize. Maxler you can also be added to this very elite list. I'm not asking for too much.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Tue May 10, 2005 12:52 am

therdan wrote:As far as Mystra deleting your character I doubt it. Its this type of crap that gave a person who gave more hours to this game than anyone a bad rap. She had access to logs and would not of deleted someone for this. What you said or did after the fact might be reason you where deleted if this story is true. Bashing Gods that are gone is bullshit. I was there for 90% of deletings and everyone I saw deserved what they got. So I think your full of shit.

I think you didn't see half what you say you did then. :p
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
agreiver
Sojourner

*sniff*

Postby agreiver » Tue May 10, 2005 7:20 pm

*sniff*

I'm a little disappointed nobody remembered to list my name! Perhaps it was too long ago, or perhaps it's the fact that none of my friends play anymore...

Anyway I have my own story to tell.

Level 50 paladin.
2nd Holy Avenger in Sojourn 2 recovered from CC when it was considered impossible.
I was the one who brought wearing 2 Lightning Earrings into style!
Sole owner of Cloak of Swirling Mist! (monk haste cloak) reward for Eye Aeternum Quest.
Eye Aeternum Member.
Eye Aeternum Vs Crimson Sigil Tiamat fight - only Eye fighter who didn't die during the fight.

Probably also the only paladin to actually be permanently punished for doing 'evil' ie selling one of my several Holy Avengers to a troll. (this is when they stunk btw) Ok so it was wrong, but Mystra setting me to a warrior with negative -1000 align? That's something no paladin could come back from, and by then, I already had accomplished everything I set out to accomplish anyway... so I rolled up a new paladin Talmor with better stats and he got to lvl 42 or something before I lent Malacar all my eq and his account got "hacked" and I then had nothing. (coughyeahrightcough) Yes he stole 2 lightning earrings, Cloak of Swirling Mist, etc.

Between Mystra and Malacar I had enough of wasting my life away only to have inconsiderate people throw away all my time and effort, so I quit.

How about THE DREAM! Nobody has mentioned the dream

My numerous friends:
Silverast
Khajja
Ikar
Draaz
Garosh
Joth (Jihad)
Momu
Enth
Zothmo
Noke
Talsor
Modu
Asamoth
Malacar (not really friends after he stole all my eq)
Arigon
Lloric
Nilan
Kozir
Ranon
Crul Eat Shroom
Sok
Tok
Maitro
Beern
Kurz
Kyntara
Zenak
Santego
Mikayla
Kreiden
Aradune
Gorsh
Cerze
Deidrit
Varia
Sundara
Sangdraxus (my arch enemy! jk Sang)
Mikar
Thengil
Yrbie

Forgive me for all I've forgotten, I know there are many of you.

I remember when Rand changed his name to Raand and he was level 1... and as a paladin I wanted to help noobs, so I IMed him asking if he wanted some noob eq.. that was kinda funny when I realized what happened... figured some of yall might appreciate that story...

Anyway thanks for listening to me rant. I had lots of good times on the mud and plenty of adventures I'll always remember. Even though in the end, I lost it all.... the experience and journey was incredible.. I set out doing everything I wanted to do when I was a noob on Soj 1.. did all the zones, became one of the best paladins in Soj 2, fought Tiamat, got an artifact, became friends with all the real legends...

I even got up to lvl 42 this wipe too.. but I really left just because I feel my time on Sojourn is past... most all my friends are gone from the game and just memories now... as am I.
Sangdraxus
Sojourner

Re: *sniff*

Postby Sangdraxus » Tue May 10, 2005 8:30 pm

agreiver wrote:*sniff*

I'm a little disappointed nobody remembered to list my name! Perhaps it was too long ago, or perhaps it's the fact that none of my friends play anymore...

Anyway I have my own story to tell.

Level 50 paladin.
2nd Holy Avenger in Sojourn 2 recovered from CC when it was considered impossible.
I was the one who brought wearing 2 Lightning Earrings into style!
Sole owner of Cloak of Swirling Mist! (monk haste cloak) reward for Eye Aeternum Quest.
Eye Aeternum Member.
Eye Aeternum Vs Crimson Sigil Tiamat fight - only Eye fighter who didn't die during the fight.

Probably also the only paladin to actually be permanently punished for doing 'evil' ie selling one of my several Holy Avengers to a troll. (this is when they stunk btw) Ok so it was wrong, but Mystra setting me to a warrior with negative -1000 align? That's something no paladin could come back from, and by then, I already had accomplished everything I set out to accomplish anyway... so I rolled up a new paladin Talmor with better stats and he got to lvl 42 or something before I lent Malacar all my eq and his account got "hacked" and I then had nothing. (coughyeahrightcough) Yes he stole 2 lightning earrings, Cloak of Swirling Mist, etc.

Between Mystra and Malacar I had enough of wasting my life away only to have inconsiderate people throw away all my time and effort, so I quit.

How about THE DREAM! Nobody has mentioned the dream

My numerous friends:
Silverast
Khajja
Ikar
Draaz
Garosh
Joth (Jihad)
Momu
Enth
Zothmo
Noke
Talsor
Modu
Asamoth
Malacar (not really friends after he stole all my eq)
Arigon
Lloric
Nilan
Kozir
Ranon
Crul Eat Shroom
Sok
Tok
Maitro
Beern
Kurz
Kyntara
Zenak
Santego
Mikayla
Kreiden
Aradune
Gorsh
Cerze
Deidrit
Varia
Sundara
Sangdraxus (my arch enemy! jk Sang)
Mikar
Thengil
Yrbie

Forgive me for all I've forgotten, I know there are many of you.

I remember when Rand changed his name to Raand and he was level 1... and as a paladin I wanted to help noobs, so I IMed him asking if he wanted some noob eq.. that was kinda funny when I realized what happened... figured some of yall might appreciate that story...

Anyway thanks for listening to me rant. I had lots of good times on the mud and plenty of adventures I'll always remember. Even though in the end, I lost it all.... the experience and journey was incredible.. I set out doing everything I wanted to do when I was a noob on Soj 1.. did all the zones, became one of the best paladins in Soj 2, fought Tiamat, got an artifact, became friends with all the real legends...

I even got up to lvl 42 this wipe too.. but I really left just because I feel my time on Sojourn is past... most all my friends are gone from the game and just memories now... as am I.

You come back and I will :shock:
Sangdraxus Blackfire - 50th Level Anti-Paladin

Sangdraxus - 60th Undead Warrior - Whisperwind
Ranon
Sojourner

Postby Ranon » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:14 pm

Dlur wrote:In no particular order:

Old School Evils:
Grimulk/Jaeb (Troll Shaman/Bard) - Holder of vast knowledge of the game, and ALWAYS a nice guy, and he belongs in the leaders list also.

Wug (Troll Shaman among others) - Very knowledgable, had great ideas for making a small group of ogres/trolls workable and always very funny.

Thrakazog/Thrak/Mumba (Berserkers of various races) - Rough, tough, and almost mean at times, but a super good player with lots of crazy ideas.

Anga and Urz (Trolls)- These two taught me a lot of how to be a proper troll over the years.

Jukahn(warrior and Berc's brother, later Shratz on Duris) - Only person I ever succeeded in 2-manning rabid troll with and a hell of a guy.

Gogan, Serrala, Drakkoth, Targsk - Warriors of note from pre-illithid evils.

Awesome Leaders:
Kurz/Lothair/Porthal (Warrior) - One of the smartest guys I've ever met, not to mention one of the best leaders of all times and my personal favorite leader to follow.

Modu (Sorc)- Smart dude, and all around swell guy, great leader of both zone groups and guild.

Toddrick(Cleric) - We all know this guy.

Daeron(Dorf Cleric) - One of the guys that taught Kurz, Tavon, Toddrick, et al how to lead zones.

Tavon/Vallon (Monk) - One of the other best leaders of all time and a hell of a guy too.

Jerthal(Cleric) - Another legend in leading groups, with a knack for driving politics and conflict to the benefit of his friends.

Mplor(Monk/Invoker) - I mplor you to find a nicer guy, was always willing to follow this guy.

Jihad/Joth(Cleric) - Upbeat guy who had his ups and downs as a leader, but I remember more high points than lows.

Lazzraxxuum(squid) - Every evil who played after Squids went in knows why this is here.

Calib(Cleric) - Fiy uo oucldd udnertasand ihm eh wsaa great leader.

All around legends:

Serro (various) - Need I say more?

Sao (Sorc) - 1st sorc and player to 50 ever?

Adriorn(Pipi Ranger) - Nobody can make me laugh like this guy. Ever. Probably my favorite ranger of all time.

Garosh (Warrior) - Doombringer anyone?

Draaz (Warrior) - Taught me what playing a barbarian and being a warrior was all about, not to mention he had a nice axe :)

Gorsh (Warrior) - Gauntlets, hammer, good guy.

Xyzom (druid) - One of the legends of druidism, and always willing to help a fella out. Not to mention that anyone in Legion of Chaos should probably be in this list somewhere.

Tagad(Cleric) - One hell of a cleric and I suppose he was a nice guy also.

Sjesko (Gnome Sorc)- Probably my favorite sorc of all time, and one hell of a guy too.(Magebane!?)

Tarius/Lloric/Luknor (Rangers/Conj) - Fun, funny, and a top notch player(Woundhealer!?)

Waza (Monk) - One of the nicest guys I ever met on Sojourn, and the first one to take pity on my newbie self way back when.

Menoch/Latimer and Haemos - Legends of RP

Waelost/Weylarii(ranger) - Questing machine.

Yrbie(Gnome Sorc) - One of the only other gnomes from back in the day that I consider to be a true gnome along with Sjesko and Marforp.

Marforp(Gnome Sorc) - Never had so much fun dying with someone in such stupid situations.

Elscint, Dohrum, Vurad - 3 guys who became my first real friends on the Goodie side of the game back when, and they were great players too.

Mikar - Good leader despite all of the spanks back in the day. He really got a bad rap, mainly because he'd always end up with a couple of newbies that would get the group spanked...reminds me of Mori in that respect. At least he was always willing to try.

People who suck:

Thanuk

Few corrections and additions:

Serro was troll warrior, and one of the greatest players this mud ever had, NO FEAR...

To leaders I would add Deidrit (elven druid), she led most of Eye Aeternum groups and taught me everything i knew about leading before I actually took over leading most of groups then (LONG TIME AGO)

Jaeb - nobody must forget the only fucking bard back then that was actually high level and active :) NOBODY forget Jaeb dammit :)

Oh, and as for Gorsh's gauntlets, 6 of us got an arti after our 3 day epic guild quest. Modu got staff, Jaeb got drums, Deidrit got cloak, I got crown of dwarvish lords, Gorsh got gauntlets, and who was the last person and what they got I just don't remember... It had to have been a cleric or something... anyone remmeber? Of course after that we were hated for that, cuz obviously gods didn't do that for anyone else, it was a mistake to have Kor (Lloth's mortal) in guild :)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:23 pm

Correction, Deidrit was a guy and the list should have also had:

Dartan (Baller)
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ranon
Sojourner

Postby Ranon » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:48 pm

Dalar wrote:Correction, Deidrit was a guy and the list should have also had:

Dartan (Baller)

Oh I know, I know JJ personally, but Deidrit was a female character :) Just like Mikayla... :)
Raspor
Sojourner

Postby Raspor » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:54 pm

Gindipple (awesome player)
Azuth (that guy was cool!)

Can't think of any others off hand really.
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:10 am

Ranon, don't think it was a cleric. I believe it was Draaz getting the war axe of Frugelhiem the Slayer for the final EA reward.
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
Halem
Sojourner

Postby Halem » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:18 am

Didn't see him mentioned, and I'll never forget 'em:

Grp - hellova guy
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma OOC: 'i've had to pee for like a million years''
Ssela OOC: 'wow'
Ssela OOC: 'i gotta pee again heh'
Shevarash OOC: 'don't fall in'
Elscint
Sojourner

Postby Elscint » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:29 am

this thread is funny shit....

for the record I don't look up to anyone I think you all suck equally...

Porkel ASSOC:: 'i am a lesbian german woman trapped in a straight jewish mans body'

Vaye says 'can't 3 man tattered silken sack anymore'

Luke
Elscint/Kedle/Etc..
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:12 am

For a very long time, I had to pretend JJ (Deidrit) was a girl. Everyone knew we were roommates, so I had to have heard "Are you sleeping with Deidrit?" a thousand times. And it never got easier to avoid throwing up. :P
Ranon
Sojourner

Postby Ranon » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:06 pm

Vaprak wrote:Ranon, don't think it was a cleric. I believe it was Draaz getting the war axe of Frugelhiem the Slayer for the final EA reward.

You're absolutely right... thanks man... Draaz was the man, arguably the best barb warrior to ever play this game. I learned a lot about being a warrior from the guy...
Ranon
Sojourner

Postby Ranon » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:07 pm

Jaeron wrote:For a very long time, I had to pretend JJ (Deidrit) was a girl. Everyone knew we were roommates, so I had to have heard "Are you sleeping with Deidrit?" a thousand times. And it never got easier to avoid throwing up. :P

Hi Jaeron :)
Draaz
Sojourner

Postby Draaz » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:20 pm

She did delete me. :) Muahahaaaa...

Sangdraxus wrote:
therdan wrote:As far as Mystra deleting your character I doubt it. Its this type of crap that gave a person who gave more hours to this game than anyone a bad rap. She had access to logs and would not of deleted someone for this. What you said or did after the fact might be reason you where deleted if this story is true. Bashing Gods that are gone is bullshit. I was there for 90% of deletion's and everyone I saw deserved what they got. So I think your full of shit.

Hate to break it to you, but you are about 20% correct.

Both Mystra and Miax (not taking away from what they did for the mud) were way out of hand, and deleted people on a whim if they were bent out of shape... or even questioned on things they SHOULD have been questioned about.

They are the reason myself and many others left the mud during their "Iron First" Rule. As an adult playing a free internet mud, you shouldn't have to put up with the tempermental childish bullshit that those two put a lot of people through.

So from personal experience... I have to believe others then you.

Sorry,
Gruy
Sojourner

Postby Gruy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:07 pm

Pppl's:

Kajib
Crumar
Visae
Saitcho
Ragorn
Waelos
Morithiel
Branthur
Kiryan
Lilithelle
Tyrnan
Daigo
Jacyn
Yvain
Aedarton
Jani
Nilan
Maxler
Glandriel
Verarb
Jenera
Ashiwi
Selias
Cardolan
Corth
Tanras
Nlariar
Nekler
Ralen
Cap'n Touk
Drannic

Assoc's:

The Underground Neversleep Organiaztion
Order of the Wyrm
Wanderlust
Swamp Trolls
Shadows

were other ppl and assoc's but these the ppl who i learned to play from and grouped with most often..

Players that had the MOST impact were:

Cap'n Toukage.. first tank to 1khp evar! bested tank of olden days!

Ragorn... i mean seriously.. who else killed shit thru moonwells and portals.. go rags!

Nilan Thisulen... Longest RP buddy evar! like 6-7 years hehe and best assassin evar!

a fire elemental... olden times:(
order fire report Terarn
a fire elemental tells you 'I have 1191 (1191) hits, and 166 (166) movement points.

Jacyn SunCrusher... dunno where he went.. but wouldnt have continued to play if not for him.. nicest dude evar.

if i forgot you its cause i hage you.. kiddin hehe.
Aedes
Sojourner

Postby Aedes » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:15 am

agreiver wrote:*sniff*

Dude....I totally remember you. Probably my best friend and pally mentor back in the day before I got into Mailed Fist!

Here's my list of peeps in no particular order that influenced/inspired meh (not comprehensive tho....can't remember everyone from back then. :cry: )

Agreiver
Adriorn
Maelgwyn
Enth - Mailed Fist guildmate!
Onthar - Mailed Fist guildmate!
Raiwen - Mailed Fist guildmate!
Bailen - Mailed Fist guildmate!
Dayn/Jalnaz (Jalnads as I used to call him!)
Touk
Nilan

and yes....I'm back. I play Aederon currently....until I get the same level as Aedes and can get my name changed.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:02 am

agreiver wrote:Between Mystra and Malacar I had enough of wasting my life away only to have inconsiderate people throw away all my time and effort, so I quit.

Sweet, I got remembered by an asswipe!

I rule.

Carry on.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:08 am

I nominate me. Mostly because no one else is going to.

So there.

!!x
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”