Looking for old friends and/or ex duris players.

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
dem
Sojourner

Looking for old friends and/or ex duris players.

Postby dem » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:59 pm

Hey there!

This is Dem from Duris. I wonder if Thruar or Spij or some others that I know from duris plays here?

I have been keeping track of soj/tor since after I quit here back at toril 1 and went to play duris. It now looks like an awesome mud for us that don't have the time or energy to put down that's needed to be succesful on a pkill mud. Anyway I'm done with Duris after last wipe and am now looking for a new game and it's either Toril or WoW depending on where all the friends are hanging out..

So lemme know if anyones around and what side yer playing on. Would be a blast to run through some old zones or hunt some rares again!

Dem of Duris

Leranor, Genlir, Raggk of Toril 1.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:06 pm

Thruar currently plays on Tichondrius with Averyn/Lloric/Tarrok/Trilca/Dakta in a guild called Bloodshot. Malok/Gromjar/Tejun/Moghra/Maeve also played with them but have quit and went back to Duris and joined Tolm/Whorg/Ashx.

As for Spij, your best bet finding him is on Tichondrius as well as Rozco or whatever his warrior alt is. Talk to Thruar on Tichondrius, who plays as Folur now.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
dem
Sojourner

Postby dem » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:07 pm

Wow thanks!
That was quiet a few people I know!
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:13 pm

I didn't know Spij was on Tichondrius ... I know he was playing on my server (Bleeding Hollow) as a horde mage ... because I ran into him in Stranglethorn with my 60 alliance warlock :P I'll have to logon there to talk to him ... I talked to him right after Katrina to find out how he was making out, but haven't heard from him since.

Thanks Brian!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:55 pm

Er I was talking about Spadez. My bad.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:55 pm

Iat used to play on Tichondrius as well, but it's my understanding he's taking a break.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Spij
Sojourner

Postby Spij » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:29 am

Sup fruitcake!

Ed's right, I was doing Bleeding Hollow as Spij/Faejin for a bit and will be on WoW again as soon as I'm in a stable spot.

At the moment, I'm exiled in Atlanta and not sure if I'm gonna be semi-permanent or try to move back to the New Orleans area as Chalmette is still not exactly able to sustain things like electricity for the general populace.

While I do plan on playing again, if you're looking for a mesh of Duris people, still a bunch playing on Tichondrius horde-side, as Brian said. I had been hanging out with a group from Arctic originally that you may or may not know, and may or may not be playing Bleeding Hollow primary again anyway. :P

And on a side note, you need to try messaging, Edwuss!

-Spij
dem
Sojourner

Postby dem » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:01 pm

Hej Spij!
Great to see that your alive and kicking.
Been a couple of years I think !

I just tried out WoW with a couple of swede friends and I hate to say it but it freaking rocks! I know im gonna be just as hooked on that as I've been on duris. I'm not playing on a pvp server atm but I will prolly switch to one of them once I get to know the game mechanics!

Take care!

/Dem
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:43 pm

WoW PvP is retarded unless you enjoy no reward pvp. WTF am I talking about?

If you want to do any world PvP, such as camping instances or gryphon spots , you get little honor. If you want to do PvP with rewards, you have to do battlegrounds, which are PvP instances where you're matched up against equal numbers. Nothing wrong with equal numbers. You just need to have enough players on the opposing side to get the instance going.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:57 pm

Battlegrounds are a good idea in theory. Imagine playing Unreal Tournament with your RPG characters... doing things like CTF, Domination, or Onslaught. Objective-based PvP where the actual fighting is secondary to the strategy of taking objectives and combat planning.

It's awesome... in theory.

In practice, it doesn't quite work out that way. One of my guild officers invited me to an Arathi Basin match the other night. We put up a raid group of 15 and entered the queue. After 15 minutes or so, we got invited into the battleground, and we entered. The leader of the raid took one look at the list of enemies we were fighting, and said:

"Ok guys, this is Notorious. We're not going to win, so just let them 5-0 cap us. We'll get 600 quick honor points and we can re-enter the queue. Don't even tap the farm, just fight around the flag for some HK while we wait for the timer to tick down."

So, like little wussy fags, the raid group laid down and let the other team win in record time. I left, but I hear they re-entered the queue and slaughtered some Alliance pickup group made of random guys who joined individually.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:13 pm

That is an exception though and doesn't happen on every server, but quite a few. It's actually more rewarding to surrender to a team that you know will win in the long run. Notorious is one of those guilds who will probably wtfpwn most guilds. They even beat the WoW developers at Blizzcon with 2000-980 Notorious.

On Hyjal, we have resistance, but we normally win by a 4:1 ratio 50% and a 5:0 ratio the other 50%. If you get a 5 cap the game ends in around 5-7 minutes. If you get a 4 or 3 cap, it takes about 15 minutes. If you are going to lose and stall the game to 15 minutes, you're basically losing out on 2-3x the rewards you could get if you just surrender.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:53 pm

Honestly though, I'd rather play than spend an hour in the queue looking for a PUG to go 5-0 on.
- Ragorn

Return to “General Discussion Archive”