Quitting! Auctioning dragon cult robes and a swirling drago

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Wed Feb 06, 2002 2:55 am

hehe that line was directed at the evils, who take exception when i detail my experience on this game.

my first char was a druid named brellan, that only lasted two months then made grintor. i had a char in wyrm, rindomas.

that's who i am. i now play grintor again, exclusively, since arthritis prevents me from playing a caster.

with the exception of the few wyrmies left from that era hardly anyone remembers me, or is even left from that time. i never made waves, never EVER grouped with toddrick (my buds tesi and drabyl did though) and, due to my absolute fear of the immortals never ever did anything that would draw attention to myself. it was a good year and a half before i saw my first zone, which is what could happen back then when we had 300 players on at a time easy (remember game not allowing any more players message..god i hated that).

still have no interest in tiamat or yan though :P

this argument has been addressed just recently here..

http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001129.html

[This message has been edited by Grintor (edited 02-06-2002).]
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:05 am

yeah its time to let this one die...
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:34 am

I remember grintor quite vividly. You used to always brag about your warriors skills and stuff. It was pretty funny. Image

Dornax
Jurdex
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:50 am

nods, and i still rock jurdex!

bow before me!
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:15 am

*Burp*

------------------
·•Kuurg•·
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:17 am

*Burp*

------------------
·•Kuurg•·
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:20 am

Uh..*shaking head*

I think we should let Ashiwi keep the llama. I can't think of a more deserving soul, anyway.

*goes back to sleep*

*burp*

------------------
·•Kuurg•·
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:09 am

I'm glad I'm not walking the goodie path no more. (laugh) tell me all, are you playing like good aligns should play.

rofl

Nilan

ShadowStalker - Velg'larn - Orbdrin D'oloth
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:33 am

There's no reason to keep going after Dartan/Lalor or whomever else anymore. What's been said has been said, it's over and done. Let it die.

Glorishan
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:48 am

this whole thread is just hilarious. ive only read about half way but i felt a need to respond since i am one of the accused.

first off, i cant say im real broken up about being blacklisted. especially by anyone that would do so over such a silly reason.

now, to explain what happend from my side. i, like many others learned of Ephrael's post. i didnt even think about going after it until i was asked to check inventoried for one of the groups that was searching. having nothing better to do i said yes. now by the time we were done i dont remember what all we had but this "large portion" i supposedly had was 2 pieces of eq.

as for being asked for the eq, if anyone asked me i sure dont remember it. i do remember Dartan spewing insults at me randomly for not apparent reason (im guessing this was it). now i might have actually given it back had i been asked nicely and the situation explained, but i guess we will never know.

im sure some of you people in DSR are wonderful individuals... to bad im not allowed to find out. have a nice day.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:04 am

vote cherzra for free slime
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:27 am

whatever Cirath. I asked you first if you were going to give the eq back to the guild and explained what happened. You said hahaha why would I do that, I just got free eq. Nlariar did something similar too. if you need to make me look bad to have you justify keeping the eq, you go ahead in do that. hell, why don't you just say "oh i'm a rogue and i'm rp'ing" that works too. whatever helps you not feel any guilt for getting thigns u haven't earned.

as for the thread and flames just drop it or learn how to use mudmail. this is funny b/c all the flames are posted here but all the people who are saying i'm right and agree w/ me send tells. both just send on mud plz, this thread should die.
Millander
Sojourner

Postby Millander » Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:28 am

Apparently, my memory was fuzzy on this subject and I had the wrong party.

I apologize.

[This message has been edited by Millander (edited 02-06-2002).]
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed Feb 06, 2002 9:00 am

Woah.. This thread is hilarious.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:21 am

Wha? No sex again?
Dangit.

And hey, someone mentioned Llamas..

Now. Offering Llamas, and then not comin' thru with the goods, is steppin' over the line.

Mogr.

P.S. Oh, once any item is intentionally dropped on the ground, it's up for grabs by whoever. End of story.

[This message has been edited by ssar (edited 02-06-2002).]
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Millander:
<B>Hey Dalar. Would you care to explain why you left Pride way back?

I think it's amazingly relevant to this conversation.

[This message has been edited by Millander (edited 02-06-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you mean Pride of the Sabertooth? Honestly I don't remember. I was 14-15 years old and a much different person. how is that even relevant? whatever I did in the past is done and that was a different time. and why do you only have one post?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:22 pm

Wait, wait... before this thread dies somebody has to explain to me why I deserve llamas...
Millander
Sojourner

Postby Millander » Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:27 pm

Apparently, my memory was fuzzy on this subject and I had the wrong party.

I apologize.

[This message has been edited by Millander (edited 02-06-2002).]
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:26 am

Millander-

you have 2 posts...both in this thread. i see this meaning one of two things...

1.) you dont play here or have never used the bbs until now..... in which case you dont know anything and can go to hell.

2.) you are chicken shit and wont post under your real name....in which case you can go to hell.

end this thread and stop flaming for stupid shit like this....a god locking the thread would be best imo.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:36 am

I was about 50% sure I was kicked out of Pride for never attending meetings. After doing a little digging, i found out the truth from Rhoquinn, one of the pride's founding members. Dalar was kicked out of Pride due to inactivity. I never attended meetings b/c my parents never let me play weeknights. The person who was kicked out of Pride was RANUK, not DALAR. And the equipment in question was the haste bodycloak from UD. To furthur prove my innocence, I don't even know how to get to that mob, I've been there 2x in my life, both in soj3. Why don't you show who you really are Millander? What are you afraid of?

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 07, 2002 12:42 am

I too remember Dalar way back in the days of the Pride. A Clan that I helped create (others included Brog, Maelgwyn, Mongor, and Labako). I remember, with the gentle nudge of Gartra (actually it was Skullsmasher applied to my head) and Dalar left the Clan because of inactivity. Another Clan Memeber was booted for theft. I think that is enough said on that implied comment.

My two pennies

------------------
Rho
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:06 am

WTB: popcorn and a cozy theatre seat to watch the drama

....and people wonder why there'll never be artifacts again...

*LOL*
Uthgar
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Uthgar » Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:19 am

I just reviewed all my old sabretooth email from 96 to 98 or so, and Dalar finally was kicked out due to lack of attendance. We did have a theft issue with a potential/new member named Moltok, and there may have been some confusion of those two incidents in the fog of time. Dalar doesn't deserve to be accused of anything, although I do have to agree his earlier posts were unwise.

Uthgar
Daten
Sojourner

Postby Daten » Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:38 am

Ummm, Uthgar, I believe you may have a name wrong as far as that thief issue. If you are certain it is correct, I would love to hear what that issue was, as I was the potential member Moltok, and no thief issue was ever mentioned to me...thanks you much.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:40 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by draccus:
<B>
This fooking stuff ppl are so worried about is a string of text on a server Miax has under his sink in his guest bathroom. I t has no real value.

bling!</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I resent that remark! Sojourn is not a server I have under my sink in the guest bathroom! Why in fact, Sojourn runs on a super-cluster of 8088's PC linked together by 146 miles of serial cable located in an underground vault just beneath an AmeriCan mobile-shitter somewhere in the world. Sheesh man, if your gonna down the machine, at least get down to it's level!

o_O
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:24 am

FREE SLIME!!!!!

OMG

<font color="33FF99">
<pre>

* \|?/}_|/ *
* ~ | *
* < O o | *
* < & / *
* |VVVV| *
* \^^^^/ *
* ~||~ *
* VOTE 1 Cherz! *

</pre>
</font>

[This message has been edited by Sarell (edited 02-06-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Sarell (edited 02-06-2002).]
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:44 am

Testing, move along...

Well hrmph Netscape 4.76 doesn't do spacing right, but IE does.

Must be an internal MS bug.

[This message has been edited by Gindipple (edited 02-06-2002).]
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:58 am

Ashiwi - Doesn't everyone deserve a Llama?
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:02 am

Llama, the other white meat.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:03 am

ROFL Sarell!!!
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:17 pm

I still want some Mexican Whooping Llamas...

Thankfully I didn't keep any logs of those long ago Pride issues, and I was drunk much of the time... so... Cheers!

Toplack *hic* Frostbear
aka Gort Bearslayer (former elder, Clan Pride of the Sabertooth)
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:25 pm

Galkar walks up to you and says 'I tell you, this Mexican Whooping Llama is of the finest quality!'
Uthgar
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Uthgar » Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:20 pm

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I vote we delete this thread and all go about our previous business. Moltok, Dalar, that stuff is ancient history. I only had to consider/look at it because someone else foolishly mentioned it. I don't care about it. I hold no malice, disrespect, or dislike for either of you, and if someone else tries to hold a grudge toward you based on this ancient history, they're the people I will be unhappy with.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:07 pm

I'm just gonna hold a grudge against Uthgar. Nowhere did I see anything banning that!

Glorishan
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:29 pm

I wasn't around for this. (hence my late posting on the subject). . .

Anyway. something that noone has even thought to consider is the atmosphere underwhich the guild was founded, and the terms of joining up, etc.

If you accept employment by a firm that says 'hey the stuff you make / create / etc. while here becomes property of the company' then, well. . .thats the way it is. (ALOT of companies do that too).

I mean, we don't have any rules like that. but when I joined up I figured hey, we're all in this together.

I've accomplished alot here, over several wipes. If I were to quit, I would give what my guildmates needed to them. Then, the rest I'd give to others whom I chose. My buds don't need stuff like shadow leggings and stuff. But the scorpion earrings? hell yeah they helped goonda on getting those. that was a team effort. They're mine, but. . . it would be very disrespectfull to give them away to those who didn't help me get 'em (in my opinion).

I never did anything wrong to Aryk. Hell, I really liked him. It kinda hurts that he dumped stuff I could use on the ground. *shrug* but that was his choice. I wish he'd play =P put that stuff to good use! hehe anyway, just seeing alot of criticism from people who don't really know the details of the sense of community that alot of us in DSR have. and when stuff like this happens, its painfull on alot of levels. Especially when it happens without explaination (well I didnt hear one!)

Anyway, I think those people who gobbled up the stuff are kinda low. I don't respect that at all. I'm not going to blacklist anyone, but I certainly have lost respect for them. In fact, I think several of them are people I've gone out of my way to help at some point. And they basically give me the bird =) thats nice. Anyway, just my thoughts on the issue.

Lost
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 07, 2002 9:52 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Uthgar:
<B>ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I vote we delete this thread and all go about our previous business. Moltok, Dalar, that stuff is ancient history. I only had to consider/look at it because someone else foolishly mentioned it. I don't care about it. I hold no malice, disrespect, or dislike for either of you, and if someone else tries to hold a grudge toward you based on this ancient history, they're the people I will be unhappy with.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um... i always thought u did hold some sort of dislike for me. for all of those who know the dcult quest, check out the name of the starting mob...
gnerble
Sojourner

Postby gnerble » Thu Feb 07, 2002 11:19 pm

Sarell - That picture of Cherzra is friggin hillarious.

D- I wonder if that "item" was even on the market when this zone was created. If it wasn't, that's ALMOST copyright infringement or something.

Cough.. [Someone] DOESN'T send you sprawling.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Feb 08, 2002 4:38 am

Words to live by, Uthgar.

Just wish some would wake up and realize that the past is the past... Too bad they can't and make other folks' time unfun.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Feb 08, 2002 4:48 am

i agree with tanras. stop hiding greed behind some sort of right to pick up shit that never belonged to you. you had the ability to but you had no right to. you can justify it a million ways but it comes down to you had no right to it. if a bank robber dropped a briefcase full of stolen money and you picked it up i guarantee you wouldn't be able to legally keep it.

if aryk had handed it to you with an explanation thats one thing, but dropping his shit on the ground probably accomplished exactly what he wanted to leave a testament to the greed and perversion and attitude that sojourn is at occasions and probably the reason he left.

and another thing, sometimes people get distraught and do crazy things, question is do you think about them or yourself. my friend went temporarily insane over some chick and went "country" boots, hat, belt buckle he had it all. he tried to give to give me and our other friends his metallica CD's but most of us refused to take them because we knew he was just insane. Some of them i didnt even have. he has since recovered and knows who his real friends are.

as far as blacklisting, its far more effective to just do it rather than use it as a threat. just like quitting/deleting, far stronger statement to just do it instead of posting how your going to ect... threats are for those without ability.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 02-07-2002).]
Maladryn
Sojourner

Postby Maladryn » Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:05 am

Personally, I don't agree with anyone's point of view on here but Dhurn's so far.

Dartan is concerned, I can UNDERSTAND his point of view, but I have a different one. He puts a lot of his time into the guild, a lot more than I can due to real life issues, so he has a vested interest.

Aryk didn't really play anymore and the EQ had been sitting on his character for a couple of months not being used, but no one complained then. Now that we've gotten some of it back, we complain. That part I'm unsure of either.

No we do not have agreements to return items, however, out of respect I think that MOST of the guild would return the items. You can't blame some people for feeling slighted when you have 25 members. I know I've felt like I was never getting the hand out before, and felt almost 'prejudiced' against, you know until you step back and realize, wait.... This is just a game.

And that's all this really is, a game. I really don't take what happens here seriously, or to heart and I won't stand behind Dartan's "ban" of any certain member... However, try to understand everyone's point of view before you get upset as to why they feel that way.

Think of it this way, have you ever felt so strongly about something that someone else would never understand WHY you felt that way, for one reason or another? Of course. I know we ALL did when we were teenagers (some of you still are) when your parents didn't understand WHY you tried that marijuana or WHY you stayed out until 2 am, they simply didn't get your point of view so understand everyone has their own and they are entitled to it. Simply because you don't agree, doesn't make them 'immature' or 'disloyal' or whatever label you want to put on it.

Let's all just remember this is a place to have fun and let's not get upset over petty things such as this. This is but a needle in a haystack.

Maladryn... once Amiral
Ladorn
Sojourner

Postby Ladorn » Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:57 am

While I wanted this thread to die, it just doesn't seem to want to go away, so what da heck. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, eh?

I'm not sure how people feel about me on this mud. I try to be friends with everyone. I've had the opportunity to have conversed with players from the evil and good side. I've tried my best to help whomever I could and just have fun. I treat everyone I've met with respect and to be as courteous as possible, especially my fellow brothers(And one whore.) in DSR.

With that being said I am disappointed to what happened to Aryk and Ephrael. For some reason or other I guess they just felt alienated. That must be a shortcoming of our guild. I do not mind people quitting, but the way they did makes me ask myself, what could I or we have done to prevent this?

Our guild works on trust and comraderie. We literally tell each other everything. All quest knowledge, all rare locations, everything. We always check rares for each other. A lot of the items Aryk and Ephrael were wearing eq they rightly deserved and fought for, but a few items we just gave them. They probably did not know the quest and/or rare(s) beforehand and we just did it for them, because we trust them and thought of them as a friend and brother. While everything in the end is theirs and they can choose to do whatever they want with it, it is real disappointing to see them just drop it and then having random people pick it up. I would not have minded if they deleted themselves or ponded the eq. But some of the items I personally ran to check for at boots and I perhaps died for. And one item in particular I had really wanted and was 'next in line' for.

Dartan is probably one of the hardest 'working' members in the guild. He checks for so many rares for us. I can totally see how he felt slighted by the actions of Aryk and Ephrael. Did you know Dartan single-handedly solo'ed Zog before and gave the necklace out. He did not have to do that, but that's the type of thing he does. He's a team player that constantly goes above and beyond the call of duty. Should Aryk and Ephrael be chastised because they didn't? No, but can you people now see WHY Dartan got so infuriated?

Even he will admit he overreacted and was blinded by his anger, but the fact is he had a point. A damn good point from his perspective. I really do feel that the people who picked up the eq should either return it or just pond it. I know I would feel like a twink just picking up eq that I never earned nor deserved, unless perhaps it was a gift for something I did. But then again I am apart of an excellent guild and I do have the luxury of playing more than the average player.

In the end, two great players quit and I can't help but take it somewhat personally. I really try to befriend everyone in my guild and have my own nicknames and ways of talking to different members. I also feel that Dartan does not receive the credit he deserves and most people see him as elitist, brash, cocky, immature, etc... IMO he is one of the best mud'ers I've ever been around and an asset to the mud, but most of all a great friend. But he's still a fob and dork that listens to k or j pop =(

-Ladorn Silverlake
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:59 am

What a lot of people dont understand is some of us really dont give a fat rats ass what you know about the mud or what a twinky hero you are.

I sure as hell aint impressed with many peoples eq or questing skills. Like anyone can learn a quest or what zone to live in to twink rares...

But only a players personality really makes or breaks them. My personality is much stronger then any stupid sword/earring or cock protector. But apparently it's eq and skill that matters....

The police force used to have standards, height, weight and combat skills. Now any fat fool can wear the uniform and act like an elite asshole....

I've got a badge, I gotta gun so you MUST be scum :P

There is no real point to this post, I just wanted to say "You all need a good poke in the eye with a red hot fork"

i'LL TAKE TWO BAGS OF SLIME TO PLZ!

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Protector of Clan Prowlingwolf
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:30 am

the soviet union did not practice communism.

along the same lines, the USA is a republic not a democracy.

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 02-08-2002).]
Kalthanan
Sojourner

Postby Kalthanan » Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:45 am

...and all the girlies say I'm pretty fly for a white guy.

wait a sec, I'm not white.
Aedarton
Sojourner

Postby Aedarton » Fri Feb 08, 2002 1:19 pm

Ladorn,

Excellently worded post and explanation.
I think this thread should die there.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:39 pm

Ladorn your a good guy and I wanted this to die like most but...

"Our guild works on trust and comraderie. We literally tell each other everything. All quest knowledge, all rare locations, everything. We always check rares for each other. A lot of the items Aryk and Ephrael were wearing eq they rightly deserved and fought for, but a few items _we_ _just_ _gave_ _them_."

"I know I would feel like a twink just picking up eq that I never earned nor deserved, unless perhaps it was a gift for something I did."

Could you explain how being handed something is less twinkish then picking up something that was dropped with the sole purpose of being taken?
Im perfectly happy giving out hints. To just hand others total quest info..some zone creators must have shed tears reading your post..might even call it..'twinkish' Image.

[This message has been edited by belleshel (edited 02-08-2002).]
Nikelon
Sojourner

Postby Nikelon » Fri Feb 08, 2002 3:45 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teyaha:
<B>... but as lyt pointed out and as the soviet union proved communism does NOT WORK!
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kiryan:
the soviet union did not practice communism.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheer Kiryan!

Honestly, people! True communism has not _ever_ been practiced in any large scale in the history of this earth! All attempts have halted at socialism! Lenin followed Marx's ideology and set up a socialist state, the proposed first step in the conversion to communism. When Lenin began having strokes in 1922 and became a vegetable, Stalin used his position as Secretary to place his key supporters in strategic positions. After Lenin's death in 1924, Stalin drove Trotsky* out of the Soviet Union and established a totalitarianistic state**. He then used his absolute authority to spread massive amounts of propaganda around the USSR (Union of Soviet Socialist Republics) to promote his "communsim" and force the country to industrialize. Same thing happened in China and all those other "communistic" states...

*Trotsky, an intellectual, was Lenin's prime choice as successor. Lenin was, in fact, afraid of Stalin, saying that Stalin had too much power concenttrated in his hands and did not have what it takes to use such power wisely.

**Totalitarianism is where the government, usually led by a strong, dynamic leader, has complete and total control over the private and public lives of all citizens.

Please Note: I am in no way advocating communism as a prefered way of life. I just simply cannot stand intolerance of any sort as a result of ignorance.

Have a good day Image

-Nikelon Zol'Lek -Blazing Pain-
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Feb 08, 2002 3:49 pm

Intolerance of something that never existed, wow there is a concept there...

Anyone taken any first year grad school classes that could explain that to me.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ladorn:
<B>that listens to k or j pop =(

-Ladorn Silverlake

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's jpop you pock! j > k
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Feb 09, 2002 4:22 am

but k chicks > j chicks

unless you like muff

[This message has been edited by kiryan (edited 02-08-2002).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”