Bring back artifacts, politics and god favoritism

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Zukal
Sojourner

Postby Zukal » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:07 pm

Wow, I was a baby in Soj1, then I was a baby in Toril1, I missed Soj2, played soj3 and am now here in Toril2.... I love this mud, I agree with many of the things I've read here. Some of the draw to this game to me is the people i get to play with when I have the chance to play. I love leading zones and love teaching players the "ropes" in certain situations. Artifacts would alter the face of the game, maybe for the better but I really couldn't tell you. I know that right now the mud seems to be going ok. With new dragon changes things have gotten interesting again. The hardest thing to do is to keep the game difficult, to keep things hard. As things get figured out by the masses the zones themselves require less people, more "elite" groups that can capitalize on the equipment. I've left this mud 3 times and have come back every time. I spend 10 hr days working and spend atleast 1-2 hrs a day on the mud. I've spent stretches where I've had more than 9 hrs a day of ptime. But I'm no where near as elite as Lilithelle, Corth, or Ashiwi to name a few. I play the game the way I see it and I have fun doing it. I work my hardest to get the respect of the other players... I feel I've earned atleast a little of that. And I do my best to extend the feeling of welcomness that i've felt to other new players. When I had the time I'd lead all newbie zones, just to help the newer players to understand how zoning works, understand how to take orders and do what you're told. I agree with Ambar (Hi Jen) when she says that some people don't listen, and I've gotten to the point where I don't invite those people to zone anymore because they get the rest of the group killed. I've been guilty of this more than once, but I've worked to become a better player, to realize that although it's not the way I'd do it, it works and you need to do your part for it to work. I also agree that the majority of this Muds pbase has grown up and now finds it harder to be as hardcore as they were before. I started playing this game when I was 12 years old, I'm 22 now, I'm in the Military, which means I have absolutely no leighway in my schedule. Occasionally I have to wake up to go do mandatory military obligations at 4:00 AM and I've more than once been told "Hey man, consent me Musp invasion loaded", And gotten only 2 hrs of sleep as a consequence. I've never let this mud interfere with my performance at work, while the 2 hrs of sleep hurt me it's not something I'd do every night. I've gone over all sorts of topics but my main point is I love this zone and I do my best to play it as much as possible, and I thank Grogu (down with WoW) for bringing me to this Mud when we were in 6th grade. One last thing, If you don't know who Ashiwi is I'll tell you, she ROXORS, I've played with Ashiwi/Nokie/Pava/Molor and quite a few other people who are considered quality rogues and I'd say without a doubt that she deserves to be considered a top rogue, she can do things I never thought were possible.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:50 am

Paragraphs are your friend, mkay? :)

This thread was, is, and will be about extremes. Its worth reading from the beginning, honestly. The 'idea' is that it would be nice to see the mud have a little more passion. Whether artifacts, politics, and god favoritism would do the trick is besides the point.

The posts in this thread are extreme, and they have definately gotten people a little worked up. Good! I want to see people worked up. This place needs some fucking excitement.

I haven't played a dozen muds. I've only played this one. I saw what worked, and at the time, it was artifacts, politics, and god favoritism. It created a goal in the game that transcended the gameplay and the same shitty zones we do over and over again. I'm sure there are plenty of different and better ways of giving the mud some meaning beyond the 5238th Jot run, and the 11th fully equipped alt... but since this is the only place I know, I'm not in a position to suggest anything else.

On the other hand, I don't expect many of you to really understand why its important for people to be passionate about the mud. Why? Because if you are reading this, in all likelihood you are part of the problem. For the most part, the people who have long since left in disgust are the ones who would get what I am trying to say.

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:46 am

:P Just imagine how rich corth would be if ppl paid his relo fine!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:48 am

auslyx wrote:Doh! Silly me. First off, you don't know me. Secondly, I guess this proves, YET AGAIN, that being a fuckstump dickhead with a shitty personality means one is UBER? riiight. God I must hone my attitude.

forget to take your meds? :P

I'm sorry but outbreaks like this do nothing to prove a point, only makes you look bad. Perhaps you don't care how you seem to others, but .. man take a bath with some bubbles and a glass of wine, relax .. breathe deep ...

----
O yeah I'm ibtl too!

O yeah and *hugs* John :) (lemme add I'm outta de Navy now!! or will be .. on terminal leave til 31 Oct)
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:07 am

auslyx wrote:Doh! Silly me. First off, you don't know me. Secondly, I guess this proves, YET AGAIN, that being a fuckstump dickhead with a shitty personality means one is UBER? riiight. God I must hone my attitude.

It makes me uber.

Why don't posts like this get deleted when decent threads do?
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:45 am

Ambar wrote:

I'm sorry but outbreaks like this do nothing to prove a point, only makes you look bad. Perhaps you don't care how you seem to others, but .. man take a bath with some bubbles and a glass of wine, relax .. breathe deep ...

He shouldn't have let himself get provoked like he did.

Nonetheless, he WAS provoked. Don't gloss over that fact.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:00 am

Lahgen wrote:
Ambar wrote:

Of course he was. He had a baseless slam on Corth. IF he wans to throw meaningless accusations around that's fine, but don't you gloss over the fact that he started this shit. I simply enjoy setting people off. It's a knack.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:04 pm

Lahgen wrote:
Ambar wrote:

How was he provoked? He slams Corth (UNPROVOKED) with name calling, then when Arilin defends Corth, he slams HIM too with even more names.

Unprovoked?

HAH!
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:45 pm

Chill out guys. That is the only warning either of you will get. Both of you know better, even if you don't care to.

Thanks.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:36 pm

Shar!

Imphras needs artifacts! *cracks whip*
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:40 pm

Shar wrote:Chill out guys. That is the only warning either of you will get. Both of you know better, even if you don't care to.

Thanks.

So me calling him a putz was equal to his little rant, enough so that I get a warning about it? Doesn't really seem overly fair.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:46 pm

Corth wrote:Shar!

Imphras needs artifacts! *cracks whip*

God favoritism check. Artifacts uncheck.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:47 pm

Man, I was out/unaware of the flamefest due to a stomach flu. I demand a rematch.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:44 pm

Dalar wrote:Man, I was out/unaware of the flamefest due to a stomach flu. I demand a rematch.

lol brian don't worry you flame with the best of them :p
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:52 pm

Pril wrote:
Dalar wrote:Man, I was out/unaware of the flamefest due to a stomach flu. I demand a rematch.

lol brian don't worry you flame with the best of them :p

Nah, see. There's a difference between being a flamer, and flaming. He's quite the flamer indeed.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:03 pm

I'm not happy with you Auslyx. Not one bit. Here you are being hypocrital, and once again being the instigator in a situation.

You want to be mad at people who 'don't know you', or feel because of this they don't have the right to talk negatively about you? Well that didn't stop you from doing exactly that to one of our honored players from the immortals thread who had returned to play only recently. Someone that you didn't even know at all nor took the time to get to know, but were more then ready to jump at the first second to instigate a flame attack against him on a personal level. Now he doesn't play at all from what I've been told. Who would?

Good job with that one.

So people here don't know you? How well do you know Corth to say what you said against him here in the first place?

Here is a super-sized glass of STFU. Chug it.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:47 pm

I got this one.

Digov = Auslyx. FTW

Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:46 am

Dalar wrote:I got this one.

Digov = Auslyx. FTW

Oh great, your gonna carry that FTW stuff over here and now everyone's gonna start saying it on ooc like on chat :p
Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:05 pm

what is the current administrative viewpoint again? did i miss that?

do they want new people?

Coming from a pkill mud where i had an artifact for 2 weeks and then lost it for 2 weeks and regained it for 2 weeks, and that artifact made my character on that mud 19823749% better in my opinion... bard song stutter suxors, anyways, coming from that to here where there would be little to no rotation on these items it's stupid... gotta rotate them, make them thirst for the blood of random zone bosses
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:59 pm

Corth wrote:Paragraphs are your friend, mkay? :)

I haven't played a dozen muds. I've only played this one. I saw what worked, and at the time, it was artifacts, politics, and god favoritism. It created a goal in the game that transcended the gameplay and the same shitty zones we do over and over again. I'm sure there are plenty of different and better ways of giving the mud some meaning beyond the 5238th Jot run, and the 11th fully equipped alt... but since this is the only place I know, I'm not in a position to suggest anything else.

Corth

I know what worked for me in college. get 4-5 guys who want to mud, but only give them 1 computer. now i will bet you anything that computer will be running 24/7. people will lay awake at night plotting now to get on that stupid computer. they will memorize each other classes and encourage them not to miss while ditching their own. meals will be skipped, family members will be ignored, showers will be forsaken and all for the love of the mud. oh beautiful, beautiful mud. my preciousss.....
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:22 am

Sok doesn't deserve any artifacts!

Goddamned slippery mage.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:12 am

Selzan says that we should bring back politics, artifacts, and god favoritism. :)

Corth

Goddamned slippery mage.
dem
Sojourner

Postby dem » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:20 pm

When I got a tell from Toddrick commanding me (not asking) to come for Jot Invasion.... I nearly shat my pants! I was a giggling fool for a couple of seconds until the game froze and I realised we had another crash... Now I was nearly a crying fool.

If someone told me there where artis up for the grabbing, a possible place for me in some guild (if i could prove myself worthy) and that there was this other lameass guild that said they could kick our ass anytime...... I would drop duris/wow etc in a hearbeat and join the race....

Sojourn/Toril 1 with all it's drama, artis, crazy imms that deleted me etc will always be my place of birth as a player. I guess the older you get the more homesick you get...

Hope I didn't step on anyones toes... Just wanted to vent my feelings a bit:)

/Dem...
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:18 pm

Dem wants artifacts, politics and god favoritism!

Goddamned slippery mage.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:55 pm

Me 2z

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:25 am

I'll just take some god favoritism.

The other two follow automatically.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:53 pm

Im all for artifacts, GREAT idea.

Politics can be interpreted several ways... player vs player/guild vs guild competition and intereaction... .good. Snooty leetism.... bad People not playing cuz so and so said/did this n this or are friends with whonwho... uber uber lame. But we have all of that already.

God Favoritism? Incredibly bad bad bad idea. Unless there are some rules set down so that its not personal favor, but something mortals can earn, thus allowing change and a more-or-less fair chance for all to attain the rare and unattainable.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:34 pm

If this stuff returns, I'll roll a halfling enchanter and outdo every one of you. :p
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Draaz
Sojourner

Postby Draaz » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:18 pm

So if I come back, do you think I can get my axe back? :P
Tala_Darkraven
Sojourner

Postby Tala_Darkraven » Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:51 am

Artifacts are the least f this muds worries. Uber gear for those in the lead are the least of this muds worries.

I see at this muds needs to start expanding members. Keeping new people playing and then looking to give those in the upper ranks goodies.

This mud needs to re-work the unused zones and make them lower level friendly. It needs to see to it that the guy who comes in new has at least a chance to go to high end game. Giving out artifacts to the already elite will only further drive a wedge into the possibility of keeping new people in game.

Maybe the rich get richer theme is all the rage, unless you are the poor guy that only gets poorer.
Tala_Darkraven
Sojourner

Postby Tala_Darkraven » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:00 pm

I have thought about this more, so my above post is a little off.

Maybe there wouldnt be harm in giving out artifacts if done correctly.

There needs to be something to keep the existing members interested.

This isnt as much a flip flop as it is I actually took the time to think about where things are and put it in proper context.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:20 pm

Flop?!?!

Goddamned slippery mage.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:46 pm

Tala_Darkraven wrote:I have thought about this more, so my above post is a little off.

Maybe there wouldnt be harm in giving out artifacts if done correctly.

There needs to be something to keep the existing members interested.

This isnt as much a flip flop as it is I actually took the time to think about where things are and put it in proper context.

For those who have children.....Christmas! kid gets new toy, kid plays with new toy day and night, 3 days later, kid is bored with toy. Same thing.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:05 pm

Latreg wrote:For those who have children.....Christmas! kid gets new toy, kid plays with new toy day and night, 3 days later, kid is bored with toy. Same thing.

But the box it came in is good forever.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:15 am

Its not about the kid with the toy. Its about all the other schmucks who want the toy and can't have it. :)

Goddamned slippery mage.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:30 am

You know, we could put the Eq Calculator to a useful purpose! Since all items have 'points', you could sacrifice zone loot to feed your artis. So SPOB plate would give you 1 week feed if you sacrificed it, and so on down the line to split shield eq giving you 1 second or something.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:31 pm

Corth wrote:Its not about the kid with the toy. Its about all the other schmucks who want the toy and can't have it. :)

So he who dies with the most toys wins? ;)

I think Corth should get the spankiest item that can be created......and when his afk flag is gone the item should change to no stats until he afks again. :P
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'

Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:09 pm

Well, my theory is that artifacts should be given generally to people that do not deserve them.. so yeah that works. :)

Goddamned slippery mage.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:04 pm

Corth wrote:Well, my theory is that artifacts should be given generally to people that do not deserve them.. so yeah that works. :)

Like me if I remember correctly, right corth? Because if I had gotten an artifact it would have inspired Corth to play again to prove to himself how superior he is to me, and how he really deserved one and I didn't, etc. That whole way of thinking.

Would I play again if I was given an artifact?

Honestly? I really dunno. Depends on what it did. Like... if it let me group with goodies then yeah, otherwise.. prolly not. There is not much difference in my eyes between SPoB gear, Tia gear, or artifacts. It's just gear, nothing that is going to change the actual game for me.

Woo wee, I can solo a dragon now without an enchanter and cleric spelling me up. WOoPitidy dOo.

*shrug*
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:53 am

I'm afraid of getting top goods. I think I'd be like 'gee, now what?' Then I'd just get bored.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:51 am

Where Diablo II really hit fun was how it offered eq that allowed some skills from other's class. That was the schiznit.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:37 am

Thilindel wrote:I'm afraid of getting top goods. I think I'd be like 'gee, now what?' Then I'd just get bored.

Depends how you look at things :) Arilin won Tia drum and gave to me (yeah yeah so it was third round bid but STILL) and I still think of it as one of my favorite pieces :) plus Tasira can strum it happily and think fondly of Kobei.

I still smile happily whenever I look at my eq and see my PI badge and matching restrung demonskin pack (and mentally hug Malar), and when I log my priest type on and see the restrung astral egg that Baikalisan and Gromikazar worked their asses off for and gave to us as wedding gifts .. I'm just the type to remember things fondly .. especially if you ewere *the first* .. hehe the Male only item I *won* on the first BC trip .. the first driders robe .. the brushes and mirrors and combs from the evil's Tia runs years ago fun times, great memories .. statted or statless they all matter to me.
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:20 pm

Ambar wrote: .. the brushes and mirrors and combs from the evil's Tia runs years ago fun times, great memories .. statted or statless they all matter to me.

*moan* Oh god.. do you know what I would give for some brushes etc. for RPing.. My left arm.. my first born.. both feet...

No not the halfling foot hair brush/comb whatever.. *laugh*

*duck* I know I know.. just what Lilira needs.. more crap to drag around. I'm in a silent competition with Sotana, Lilithelle and Ashiwi to have too much stuff on me and get the lovely error. Wait.. that was fixed wasn't it.. Darnit!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:14 pm

sok wrote:
Corth wrote:Paragraphs are your friend, mkay? :)

Corth

I know what worked for me in college. get 4-5 guys who want to mud, but only give them 1 computer. now i will bet you anything that computer will be running 24/7. people will lay awake at night plotting now to get on that stupid computer. they will memorize each other classes and encourage them not to miss while ditching their own. meals will be skipped, family members will be ignored, showers will be forsaken and all for the love of the mud. oh beautiful, beautiful mud. my preciousss.....

i took showers! but my parents didn't get a call for almost 10 years =(.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:30 pm

RP is the last thing that I think should net you artifacts. restrings yes, uniques ok, true artifacts no. artifacts need to have a specific purpose so that when that purpose is fulfilled or no longer necessary, they can be removed.

some examples of specific purposes:
---
like a new guild compete with oldschool
a newbie join in with the elite
a 5 man pbase do a 15 man zone
create someone to hate with good reason for being a twink
further empower a role model player to do good (someone like sotana)

I also more or less agree with what corth said, artifacts in general should be kinda random and not go to the people who "deserve" them. Artifacts have the power to change the socio-political landscape quickly, taking people from the bottom ranks of society and elevating them quickly. Why would you give them to the people who are already at the top? How does that create an excitement (good or bad)? How does that create interest, how does that shake anything up, how is that expected to cause anything other than making the top that much higher?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:04 pm

I'll reiterate...

I'm all for artifacts... but only if there's a way to take them away from the players who have them.

I'd be tickled to see something like an evil-only weapon artifact which automatically togs a form of RP on and can only be removed from the player's corpse by a good-aligned player with the same flag on, and then MUST be destroyed to be removed from the game, perhaps granting the good-aligned player a temporary arti or stat-boost, thus starting the process over again with the arti spawning somewhere else. Of course, the whole issue around how the good-aligned player gets the evil-aligned player dead in order to remove the artifact from the corpse opens up a whole new kettle of worms. Some people would be totally okay with the process... others would piss and moan and cry "NO FAIR!" as soon as it happened. We've all seen those systems that are designed to spawn competition, but are manipulated by people who seem to think the system is great as long as it only works to benefit themselves. Guarantee you there are people in this game who will be fully in support of an artifact system as long as they hold one, but will be the first to post negatively on this BBS if anybody else ever managed to take it away from them.

Toril is not a pkill mud, and, unfortunately, without that player vs player potential in the game, once you've beaten all the zones and have all the gear, there's really not much else to maintain interest besides the social aspect. I said it long ago, in the long-term, the challenge disappears because players don't have to fight each other for the top-end gear; eventually enough people have it that it becomes common and even simple to get. Adding player/player conflict in some manner would only be good for the life of the game, but how do you do that without turning Toril into a pvp environment?

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:29 pm

Make it so that whoever holds an arti can be summoned to the arena at any time and the arti can be looted if they are killed in the arena.

Just imagine the collection Pava would have until somebody gathered up about 15 people, summoned him into the arena and ambushed his ass. Then the 8 artifacts he had in his bags would be redistributed.

I could see something like that bringing a little bit of new life to the end-game. There may have to be something put in place to keep them from being summoned from a zone. . .then again, maybe there wouldn't. *Shrug* Dunno if we could imp it though. . .I'm still trying to claim Gura's Valhalla from the one time I beat him in the arena :P
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:36 pm

Good ideas, but one thing overlooked is that the pbase has been too small for any type of player vrs. player, guild vrs. guild competition.

There are no sides anymore, everyone pretty much knows of everyone else, knows who the experienced people still playing are, the leaders, etc. The power has been flipped from people choosing their zone groups, to the other 14 players where just one person decides not to go and the zone group busts out.

Artifacts at this point isn't practically viewed as a political motivator but instead if implemented to raise the eq ceiling of long time players so they stay active (through use of eq sink).

Politically, if you give an artifact to someone who can do amazing things, then they can just twink more with the few experienced people left, but it might also tip the balance when he/she wants to zone, so now we can actually do zones with the 10 or so players on; but like Kiryan said, this won't spur any competition because this person is already on top.

If you give it someone "un"/"less" deserving, what point is that if the artifact isn't used to its full use and it pisses off the "real" deserving people? There's already been one instance of this in the form of a Tia eq, and look what that got - the person was ostracized by people, he didn't feel good, yet the same people who ostracized him *needed* him when forming groups b/c of the low pbase.

Unless the pbase is up past 100 or so, where you're not limited to interacting with the same people, I don't think competition can be really bred.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:39 am

There's always creating one or two zones with very nice items in them, perhaps with limited game-time lifespans, where the whole zone is flagged with a form of pkill that allows for limited looting.

Then maybe seeding items necessary to do the zones in other zones.

Ask anyody who participated in the Tel'Arato challenges how much fun inventive pkill can be....

Even in a castle built of crushed beercans.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”