Scardale Vs The Real Mud

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:45 am

yeah, I wasn't talking about an eq'd mage from the start. I roll my mages with at least mighty dex, and heroic for gnomes, cuz they need that for the 7 hitroll. Those extra innate melee's actually help quite a bit. Squidies are great at low lvl for damage output. Just been so long since I played mine..

I had to play duris a little bit while I couldn't log to Toril. What I discovered there is that the kits were quite fun, and definitely gave more to explore. Nothing is better than Toril in the long run, as -imho- there's no sanctuary in Duris from pk. Even trying to quit out of the game defaultly makes you camp so you WILL die period. Anyway, since I got sidetracked there, what I'd like to see is more variety in classes and skills in Toril. Mages are humdrum boring initially..but there's no mage class on Toril that would be good at casting only. Silly that they have to melee initially really. Hell, even if the fountain in scardale proc'd lvl 50 bless for mages..that'd be a start.
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:55 pm

Thilindel wrote:but there's no mage class on Toril that would be good at casting only. Silly that they have to melee initially really.

As an invoker I was able to get from level 1 to 50 through casting. I started out by casting chill touch on raptors.

- Mike
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:49 pm

so if a warrior and your invoker started at the same time, I imagine that warrior was lvl 20 by the time you hit level 8 or so :( Mages take way too long to kill initially
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:00 pm

Drache wrote:so if a warrior and your invoker started at the same time, I imagine that warrior was lvl 20 by the time you hit level 8 or so :( Mages take way too long to kill initially

As I mentioned in another thread, it took me almost 9 hours to reach level 7 with a naked Gnome Elementalist in Scardale. I have no knowledge of Scardale, since it was put in after I quit the MUD. I'm intimately familiar with combat and how the game works, and I didn't need to read any help files. For a real newbie, you can tack another 2-3 hours onto that.

Really, for me, the question of why Toril isn't finding new players isn't much of a question at all. The question is, why won't anybody do anything about it?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
cherz
Sojourner

Postby cherz » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:44 pm

Ambar wrote:and if you explore Mosswood you get little bits of fun from Basternae and Duris if you ever played there (hehe kenkus and bullywugs ahoy!!)

man I miss that grumpy old troll anyway :(

Mosswood wasn't finished, it was added as it was at that point. Bullywugs rule btw :)

Cherzra, decrepit old has-been
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:06 am

cherz wrote:
Ambar wrote:and if you explore Mosswood you get little bits of fun from Basternae and Duris if you ever played there (hehe kenkus and bullywugs ahoy!!)

man I miss that grumpy old troll anyway :(

Mosswood wasn't finished, it was added as it was at that point. Bullywugs rule btw :)

Cherzra, decrepit old has-been

I love Mosswood cause you did it :) Makes me think of you and Basternae every time I go :)

Being smacked in Wugs by you and that asshat Mino was some of the most fun I have EVER had mnudding

*hugs* you grumpy old troll

miss you!

-Jenlia - I'm DEAD Sexy -
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”