Gormal Go Bye Bye

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Gormal
Sojourner

Gormal Go Bye Bye

Postby Gormal » Sun Feb 03, 2002 1:16 am

Looks like in the not too distant future I will be shipping out to join the service. I'm looking into the various engineering fields and stuff...the things that pay the most and let you be an officer:P

If/when I leave it means the end of my time here. Stopping in for a zone or chatting could easily be timed using a calander rather then a watch as it is now:P

I'll keep everyone updated as new stuff comes up.
kaitos
Sojourner

Postby kaitos » Sun Feb 03, 2002 3:48 pm

No more cookie?
Whats gonna be the point of zoning?
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Feb 03, 2002 3:57 pm

erf Image
Dhurn
Sojourner

Postby Dhurn » Sun Feb 03, 2002 4:00 pm

well rats....now who is gonna take my ranger to zones!?!......fehh!

*sigh*groan*piss*bitch*moan*

Damn it, Nermal......I hate to say goodbye
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sun Feb 03, 2002 6:34 pm

I can see it now

Gormal gets his boot camp compay up for a zone .. recruits against drill instructors ...

"But sarge.. it didnt used to be rareload!!"

WUSS Boy!!!!!!!!!!
Tesil
Sojourner

Postby Tesil » Sun Feb 03, 2002 7:13 pm

Well...Gormal I've followed you into battle on more than 1 occasion....I served honorably in the U.S. Marine Corps and understand your upcomming journey....due to life changing events in my life
(great events by the way).....I will take my leave when you do...maybe before. It has been a pleasure to zone with you and all the rest here.

I truly appreciate the hard work put into the mud by the coders/founders/admin here...even though sometimes I was an ass. But...when I see the amount of time I have played here....I feel as if I would have been better served by doing something else...I don't wish to count the beautiful summer days I've sat inside to mud...it would just make things worse.

In the next few days...I will hold games to get rid of my eq...and to a lucky cleric....an almost completed ress quest. Image

I hope that you all have safe journeys...on this mud and in real life.

And Gormal....may the goats have mercy on your soul! Image
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sun Feb 03, 2002 11:21 pm

Um Jake... whya gotta go do something like this? *sigh*

I wish you best in life wherever it takes you. I hope that your time here has influenced you in a positive, and I think I speak for all when I say I will sincerely miss you. Keep in touch.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Feb 04, 2002 1:11 am

Wuss!

Give me your gear, I wanna be a twink!
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Feb 04, 2002 3:55 am

Until next time, Chunk, I'll miss your attitude.

Yayaril
Kajib
Sojourner

Postby Kajib » Mon Feb 04, 2002 6:06 am

This is total Bullshit

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 04, 2002 6:36 am

Adios Amigo! You will be sorely missed. No one killed Kor with more style than the Nerm, the only one ever to call me "KingWuss". O_O

Good luck, and make sure to come back as often as possible!

Miax
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Feb 04, 2002 7:42 am

So I leave for 2 days, and the Nermal poofs out on us. It will be hard to 3nj0y without you, man.
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:37 pm

Luck to ya G, been in the military, even in the Engineers, and take one bit of advice with you. "There are very few problems in this world which cannot be solved with the proper application of high explosives."

If you're going into the engineers, it'll come in handy Image

Hope all goes well, and look forward to seein ya when ya can.

Toplack
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:51 pm

umm, "Electrical engineers build weapons, civil engineers build targets"
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Tue Feb 05, 2002 6:27 pm

Hate to see you leave, man.
Have fun, be safe, take it easy, and enjoy.

Disco
Lirathal
Sojourner

Postby Lirathal » Tue Feb 05, 2002 10:12 pm

Jake,

I'm going to be sorry to see you go. I wish you all the luck in the world, as well as safe journies. You were really the only one that would take me zoning, and I really appreciate that. Regardless of the mud aspect, I think that your a really kewl person, we'll be saying "@once!, wussling! and Blood and Ale!" forever. You'll always be a part of the family. Take care bro, and come see us sometime.

Regards,
Best Wishes,
Stay Safe,
Nathan
combatmedic
Sojourner

Postby combatmedic » Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:21 am

OOO...engineer, you'll be going to Basic in Ft. Lost in the Woods...err Leonard Wood. Give my regards to A-2-10, i was part of the most "ate up" classes there, but we were best with the rifles. *sigh* Those were the good ol days...hundreds of pushups in a day.

------------------
Aram the novice paly
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:49 am

thanks to everyone so far for their support. Alot of people have sent me information and answered questions I had about serving...I appreciate it alot.

Friday I'm going in to take my physical and tests and such I think...so by saturday I should haev a prety firm date when I leave and what I'll be doing.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Wed Feb 06, 2002 5:54 am

i don't know ya well gormal. but ur funny and stuff Image make me laff. thanx for helping me when u did! but who will miax kill 180 something times in Tiamat's room??
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:29 am

Dude, if you end up at Ft. Leonard Wood, you'll be like 40 miles away from me.

Whoa

Disco

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:02 am

So Friday you take your physical? Cool! That means that you'll be back with us mudding full-time by Friday night once they fail you for those ugly duck-feet! Image

I can see it now...

The Doctor, barely able to sustain his uncontrollable laughter, looks apologetically at Jake and stamps his application, 'WUSS'. Looks like KP duty for life!

Miax

[This message has been edited by Miax (edited 02-06-2002).]
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:32 am

IDEA!

"Gormal social"
gormal me = You stamp "WUSS" on your face!
gormal Saerian = You stamp "WUSS" on Saerian's face and say "0wn3d".

anyways, hope you find the direction you are looking for in the navy Gormal. I'll miss laughing at your wussy comments and spanks. Image
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:58 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dalar:
<B>IDEA!

"Gormal social"
gormal me = You stamp "WUSS" on your face!
gormal Saerian = You stamp "WUSS" on Saerian's face and say "0wn3d".

anyways, hope you find the direction you are looking for in the navy Gormal. I'll miss laughing at your wussy comments and spanks. Image

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait... Gormal is going in the Navy?
Uhmmm, dude, goats aren't allowed on ships... Image
That means you'll be going thru boot camp in Great Lakes, and prolly be getting out around the time I go out there for a visit... Hehehehe
Try to get Tiger Team for service week... Image

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
Calinth
Sojourner

Postby Calinth » Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Taegost:
<B> Wait... Gormal is going in the Navy?
Uhmmm, dude, goats aren't allowed on ships... Image

Don't the Canoe U midshipmen drag a goat around to their football games, maybe that gave the wrong idea? Image

Calinth
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:06 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Calinth:
<B> Don't the Canoe U midshipmen drag a goat around to their football games, maybe that gave the wrong idea? Image

Calinth</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<rofl> So now, the truth comes out...
"Let me hear that left foot drop, oooohhhh, that left foot drop"

------------------
Aedarton
Sojourner

Postby Aedarton » Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:40 pm

You were always very kind to me. Be Safe and Be Well Redeemer.

-Aed
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:37 pm

Ok, need some clarification here Gormal, you doin the squid thing, or the army thing?

If the Army thing, I can answer questions, did 11 years as a combat heavy engineer, if we didn't build it, we blew it up.

If its a Navy thing, try askin Tyros, he was in for a bit.

If you go Zoomie... well... then yer a WUSS!
"There's nothing more useless on this planet than a ground bound zoomie."

Toplack (kaboom) Frostbear
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:07 am

Well Jacob, I'm gonna miss you man! God, if you see Luna before you go, send her my regards!

Other than that I just wanted to thank you for all you've taught me here... I know have near infinite patience when it comes to spanks (between you and rags I think I've been spanked twice as much as I haven't been spanked!).

You have my #, so give me a call. I'm gonna miss you dude!!!

adam
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Feb 10, 2002 4:49 am

what do you people know about navy intelligence? basically thats all i qualify for...being color blind SUCKS MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE.

ASVAB Score- 99/99 (I wanted to say 0wn3d! so badly. But alas it has numbers in it.)

[This message has been edited by Gormal (edited 02-09-2002).]
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sun Feb 10, 2002 8:45 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gormal:
<B>what do you people know about navy intelligence? basically thats all i qualify for...being color blind SUCKS MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE.

ASVAB Score- 99/99 (I wanted to say 0wn3d! so badly. But alas it has numbers in it.)

[This message has been edited by Gormal (edited 02-09-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is NO such thing as Naval Intelligence it's an oxymoron!!!!.. and i swear to the GODS I will never EVER salute Gormal :P (am stationed in Norfolk, Virginia if ya do get here ...)

THere were no pink power ranger jobs at the classification center??

Have been in the navy a LONG time if ya need any advice ... o by the way do NOT trust your recruiter!!!

[This message has been edited by Karikhan (edited 02-10-2002).]
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sun Feb 10, 2002 2:46 pm

ROFL!!!

Sorry you are color blind, but I think its funny you started the thread talking about how bad ANSI in peoples' titles hurt your eyes! (I agree with you BTW)

Just found this humorous.

Lyt
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:28 pm

Hmm.. yeah, naval intelligance is more of a desk type job.. I guess it all depends on what you would want to get into.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Sun Feb 10, 2002 7:56 pm

My uncle does Navy intelligence. It's not necessarily a desk job. He's spent Christmas on a 40' boat off the shores of Grenada, out and about in various other countries, that kinda thing...

Have fun.

- Grungar "I know nothing" Forgefire
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sun Feb 10, 2002 8:10 pm

Sailors are SUPPOSED to sail!! (except me .. none of you can survive without me!)

-Jen
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Sun Feb 10, 2002 9:26 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Karikhan:
<B>Sailors are SUPPOSED to sail!! (except me .. none of you can survive without me!)

-Jen</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FC or MS? Image

------------------
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:32 am

Yeah, I imagine a colorblind guy with a gun would be pretty frightening - for both sides.

Take it easy Gormal, best wishes! Image
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:47 am

actually its colroblindness with wires and lights....which isnt how it works if you know...its kinda stupid really,
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Mon Feb 11, 2002 11:41 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Taegost:
<B> FC or MS? Image

AE baby AE !!!

can't be colorblind, hav 2 b smrt .. snort
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Mon Feb 11, 2002 12:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Karikhan:
<B> AE baby AE !!!

can't be colorblind, hav 2 b smrt .. snort</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehe, and here I thought you had a real job... Like AO or O2...
<chuckle>

Taegost "Don't sir me, I work for a living!" STUPER-DRUID(tm)
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Mon Feb 11, 2002 5:39 pm

ROFL !!!

we have ONE AO in our command and he is the safety PO :P
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Mon Feb 11, 2002 5:47 pm

<B>ROFL !!!

we have ONE AO in our command and he is the safety PO :P</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would make me feel REAL safe Image
It's almost as fun as one of the Chiefs I met, he started as an AO, but changed to a GM so he could become a SEAL...
He also joked about switching to the Army to be an explosives expert.
Needless to say, he was on my "cool mofo" list, and actually he was there the night I almost got into a fight with a Marine in one of the bars...
Only reason it didn't turn into a fight is because, by the time we made it out the door, we had forgotten why we walked out, it was freezing, so we went back in the BS'd all night.
We couldn't figure out why everyone was so astonished, and we were too drunk to figure out what they were saying.
It wasn't until I saw the video of the whole thing the next day that I realized what had happened. (Don't ask me why someone brought a camcorder when 1/2 of us were underage, I dunno)
Hehe

------------------
Taegost "So, what would you do if I didn't jump off this platform here?" STUPER DRUID(tm)

[This message has been edited by Taegost (edited 02-11-2002).]
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Feb 12, 2002 3:45 pm

Blackmail Taegost that's why.

I remember when being in the military made you of age. If you were old enough to die for your country, you were old enough to drink for it too...

aahh the good old days.

Toplack
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Tue Feb 12, 2002 3:50 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gort:
<B>Blackmail Taegost that's why.

I remember when being in the military made you of age. If you were old enough to die for your country, you were old enough to drink for it too...

aahh the good old days.

Toplack</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ya, it sux now, but there are some places around the base that look the other way when you flash that little green ID Image

------------------
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Tue Feb 12, 2002 7:15 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mplor:
<B>Yeah, I imagine a colorblind guy with a gun would be pretty frightening - for both sides.

Take it easy Gormal, best wishes! Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean you can't tell between the camoflauge guy and the camoflauge guy if you're colorblind? Image

E
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Tue Feb 12, 2002 7:22 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ensis:
<B> You mean you can't tell between the camoflauge guy and the camoflauge guy if you're colorblind? Image

E</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't get cammies in the Navy unless you're a SEAL or Builder, or in combat, but how many times is a Navy guy going to be in combat, except for Corpsmen?
Actually, the problem would be in reading the RADAR screen and trying to differentiate the enemies green blip from allies green blip, pushing the button, and praying to God that you didn't just blow up the supply ship with the next issue of Playboy Image

------------------
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Tue Feb 12, 2002 7:40 pm

Hey I wear cammies on the flight deck!!! I am the WOMAN i tell ya!! And I got to wear desert cammies to blend in with the camels this summer (yeah YOU spend the summer in the middle east (YUK))

-Jen

KID1 *Yo momma wear combat boots*
MY Kid *So??*
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Tue Feb 12, 2002 8:00 pm

<B>Hey I wear cammies on the flight deck!!! I am the WOMAN i tell ya!! And I got to wear desert cammies to blend in with the camels this summer (yeah YOU spend the summer in the middle east (YUK))

-Jen

KID1 *Yo momma wear combat boots*
MY Kid *So??*</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Why in the world would you wear cammies on a flight deck?
What are you going to blend in to? Or is it one of those things when enemy planes are approaching, GQ means that everyone throws on their cammies, lays down on the flight deck, and the enemy flies over, thinking you have a jungle growing underneath your planes?? Image
Moreover, why would you even WANT to during the day?
Must have been one of those CO decisions...

You see Captain picard sitting in a well-airconditioned room.
Captain Picard says, 'Well, it's 100 degrees outside, what's the temp on the flight deck?'
Worf says, 'It's around 210, Captain'
Captain Picard says, 'Well, that's too damn hot... Wait, what should we do if our men are caught in the open?'
Worf says, 'Well Captain, if everyone wears camouflage and lays down on the flight deck, we can have them start swaying their arms to simulate ferns. That would most assuredly throw them off'
Captain Picard smacks the table. WHACK!
Captain Picard says, 'Why, that's brilliant Worf! Make it so!'

Taegost "Reveille, reveille, all hands heave up and trice out, uniform of the day is as follows" STUPER-DRUID(tm)

------------------
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Tue Feb 12, 2002 11:38 pm

shrug Image

it's standard flight deck attire .. that and a turtle neck shirt, float coat, flight deck boots, and a cranial (yeah try wearing cammies and a turtleneck when its 130+ F)

cammies or flight deck greens .. wore the desert cammies err .. in the DESERT :P where i spent two months this summer

we should prolly continue this on icq .. or email :P im sure noone wanna read it :P

-Jen

11437902 or ltlanjl@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by Karikhan (edited 02-12-2002).]
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Wed Feb 13, 2002 1:37 am

As anyone here that has been shipboard navy and an airdale at that, you would know for a fact that wearing dungaree pants makes you sweat like a racehorse working overtime. Try standing on a flightdeck during flight ops and see if you don't sweat.

Cammies are durable, they don't fade out as much as dungarees, and goddamn they are much more comfortable. I'd rather get shot by an enemy wearking cammies than to be pulling a wedgue outta my ass wearing dungarees every 5 minutes.

I remember a long time ago they were talking about making the blue/light blue/black patterend cammies standard shipwear. I suppose they still haven't implemented that idea since I've been out.

Only other thing I hated about the Navy's uniforms was.....the uniforms. Why does the navy have to have the gayest looking uniforms in all of the armed forces?

"Women think they're cute!" Fuck that. I'm not a woman. I don't think its cute. Give me Army Alphas any day. Only get rid of the green and make it black :P

Naval tradition is one thing, but the whol egays in the military thing comes to mind every time I see a sailor in his Crackerjacks :P.

Kallinar
Moo NAVY!

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”