Weapons that proc?

Stuck? Have a question? Ask here!

Weapons that proc?

Postby guest » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:28 am

I was hoping someone would explain a proc'g weapon. What makes one proc? I was told on NHC that your strength is a part of it. Then someone listed some weapons that proc without having to have strength. So what is it?

Some listed was an elf longsword that only procs on critic hits, and critic hits are caused by strength. Other one listed was a CGD I believe, which I was told would proc for dexterity? Anyway I'm really lost so what causes what?
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:30 pm

There's really no easy answer for that one. With the huge number of proccing weapons in the game, you'd have to go through each and every one of them and create a list.

All proccing weapons will work for you at least some of the time, regardless of how high you have the dependant stat.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:46 pm

Each weapon procedure is different. Some procs happen only on critical hits(which is based somewhat on your racially modified strength). Some happen completely randomly. Others may be tied to your stats(str, dex, etc). Some are keyword procs (you say something to make the proc happen, usually the proc is on a timer, ie 1/day). Others may be tied to your race.

Any weapon you can wield that procs will proc for you from time to time, but in the interest of player optimization most players think they figure out what makes a weapon proc more often and use that to their benefit.
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger

Return to “NHC: New Player Help”