Rogue Weaponry

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Rogue Weaponry

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:34 pm

I've been wanting to bring this up for a long time, but now that I have my new toy, it keeps reminding me about the subject.

1h bludgeon (good) (75)
1h slashing (very good) (80)
1h piercing (master) (99)
1h misc (average) (50)

All of my weaponry skills are maxed. Of course I can understand why piercing is the highest max skill, and I can see why many rogues would use bludgeoning, what with blackjacks and back alleys, and all that, but I've never understood why slashing is considered a better skill for rogues than misc. Swords are large and bulky and not easily concealed, they're much more designed for open fighting than anything involving cunning or sneakiness. It seems to me that rogues would be well versed in using miscellaneous weapons, often having to use whatever is at hand for the job they are doing... a small statue, a piece of rope, a pillow, your own shoe, etc.

I would like to ask staff to reconsider the mastery skills of rogues and the types of weapons available. While some might disagree, I propose that the 1h slashing skill be lowered, and the 1h misc skill be raised, in keeping with the rogue's imaginative termination techniques.

Please buy my new book at all major bookstores: "Creative Cutlery: 101 Deadly Uses for Common Household Items."

As for the whip in question, itself, I certainly hope the proc on a whip isn't strength based. It should be a combination of str, dex and agi, if based on stats at all, with a heavy emphasis on dex.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:21 pm

a wet towel!

hehe fun fun to use when praticeing misc :)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:33 pm

Ya know on the subject of using misc items to off people...I feel we should flag more held items as wield for rogue 1h misc purposes. I wanna see Eza cave someone's head in with Kyrh's totem.
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:46 pm

New features that address both this and your other weapons post are in the works.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:54 pm

seems like a sword's weight would be the main factor if you could backstab with it or not, aside from it being the shape usable. Some katanas are ungodly light..like Sosa's bat! Would be fun to see at least short swords slash and stab both. Guess it goes back to the 'why would a 4" blade hurt a dragon?' argument. But with Khanji's around, I don't see anybody saying a sword would be overpowered.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:17 pm

Right on. Thanks Shev!
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”