interesting plat sink

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
amolol
Sojourner

interesting plat sink

Postby amolol » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:48 am

so i think that a bank should be able to loan you plat up to the equivalent of twice your current wealth.

to make sure that you pay it back every time you deposit an amount of plat 10% or up to 10 plat(whichever is larger). will be deducted from the amount that you deposited.

as a side sink you could tack on interest of 10% of the amount that you recived a loan on.

to ensure that it is all paid back in full the bank should be able to freeze tyour account and take all of the money that you deposit untill the loan is paid off (including removing plat from your accound (if remaining ammount is less than 1k)

no idea how hard this would be to code but i think it would be a cool idea

i think the maximum a loan would be allowed to be is 10k

thoughts revisions ect ect

please keep it clean no flames or bickering.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Demuladon
Sojourner

Postby Demuladon » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:31 am

Code: Select all

start:
       roll lvl1 alt
       give 5kp lvl1 alt
       borrow 10kp
       give 10kp lvl50 prime
       delete lvl1 alt
goto start

:)
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:36 am

so you make a minimum level for loans. kinda like building credit, say level 30 minimum.not many people will level an alt to 30 just to abuse the loan system,or make a max loan per level and not be able to delete the alt or something.. prolly level 30 min would be best.

note i also said max loan would be 10 k

also gives another reason to have char accounts.... set the loan to an account sothat the loan can be payed by any char from the account but also make the loan tag the account so only 1 loan per account at a time.. seems like another good idea to me..

myspace.com/tgchef
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:47 am

I like it! I'd like it even more if the out of dues banker hired mercenaries to come and get you or dobbed you in to justice.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:14 pm

Or if you had to supply "references." Meaning the banker would have access to all your alts to deduct the money from if you didn't pay... like the mafia threatening your second cousin with a bucket of headless anchovies in his bed.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:42 pm

messed up.
Last edited by Pril on Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:43 pm

amolol wrote:so you make a minimum level for loans. kinda like building credit, say level 30 minimum.not many people will level an alt to 30 just to abuse the loan system,or make a max loan per level and not be able to delete the alt or something.. prolly level 30 min would be best.

note i also said max loan would be 10 k

also gives another reason to have char accounts.... set the loan to an account sothat the loan can be payed by any char from the account but also make the loan tag the account so only 1 loan per account at a time.. seems like another good idea to me..

lvl 30: pallie with 4hrs ptime. anyone else know a better way to make 10k in 4 hrs?

Not to stomp on the idea it's a fun one just needs to be thought out.
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:00 pm

Ok so if they were to implement loans..I definately want to introduce player organized crime...oh wait this isn't a pvp mud......bah.

Monday -- Tuesday -- Thursday -- Wednesday -- Friday -- Sunday -- Saturday... Andiamo!
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:00 am

could we get some god imput on this and say weather its feasable to be done?..

myspace.com/tgchef
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:05 pm

amolol wrote:could we get some god imput on this and say weather its feasable to be done?..

clearly a winnar
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:52 pm

I see about 15,000 reasons in this thread already why this is not a feasible idea. I don't even play Toril, and I'd have one million plats by the end of February if you implemented this.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:17 pm

How about we introduce the use of new, more expensive illegal substances in the mud world? heh. Theres a plat sink for ya.

Kallinar goes MOO

Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:27 pm

A rogue with spanky eq can hit 30th in notime flat, especially with scardale xp counting for most of that.

Of course, you could up the minimum level to 46th or so. This would be nice for the occasional time where you really need just a few more K and no friends are around. I dont know about the rest of you, but that don't really happen to me much. Not that I'm that loaded, but I rarely have much to spend my cash on, it just sorta adds up all the time.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”