Please mess with me flag

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.

Do you want to allow characters to have a toggleable flag notifying the staff that they don't mind being pkilled or messed with?

Yes, allow players to opt to be pkilled.
35%
No, pkilling should be prohibited period.
65%

Total votes: 20
Vipplin
Sojourner

Please mess with me flag

Postby Vipplin » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:00 pm

What about adding a "Please mess with me / Please I'd rather not be killed for fun right now" flag for characters? Maybe something they can toggle and you can see on the who list, or maybe imp'd some other way? This would allow for chars who want to be able to pkill each other in amusing ways to do so and the gods could be sure that no intervention was required? Pkill without flag = crime, pkill with flag = no crime? Ideally you could even have a list of who you are giving permission to, but either way, if the flag is on you take your chances, gods will not intervene.

This flag would probably be incompatible with the RP flag being on at the same time...

It would have to be clear that joke pkills or other ways of messing with self-nominated prank victims must not endanger other non-flagged PC's. Also, this is not suggesting that the hard-code should enable direct pkilling.

I don't know how many players like to do this, and I dislike making more work for the gods who donate their time for love not money to the game, but if it would make the game better for some with no detraction from others' enjoyment, them I'm for it.

Vadian
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:59 pm

Where's the "I am now legally retarded for reading this thread" option?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:22 pm

If anyone wants pkill as described in the first post, you won't find it here. What that means to you is not my call to make.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:18 pm

Hear you loud and clear, Shar. Dalar, not so clear. Just trying to think of ways to keep everyone happy given some recent heated dialogue on the subject. Thought I'd try to help by suggesting a meet in the middle option (however lame it may be). I personally have enough enjoyment from getting killed the old fashioned way that I don't need any help from my friends, as it were :P Anyway, if that ain't where we're going then that ain't where we're going.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:01 pm

If I wanted pk, I'd go to Duris - which I don't wanna do
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:15 pm

Thilindel wrote:If I wanted pk, I'd go to Duris - which I don't wanna do

Exactly.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:08 pm

Here's how to keep everyone happy - Follow the rules, or find a game whose rules match the way you want to play.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:34 am

Vipplin wrote:Hear you loud and clear, Shar. Dalar, not so clear. Just trying to think of ways to keep everyone happy given some recent heated dialogue on the subject. Thought I'd try to help by suggesting a meet in the middle option (however lame it may be). I personally have enough enjoyment from getting killed the old fashioned way that I don't need any help from my friends, as it were :P Anyway, if that ain't where we're going then that ain't where we're going.

I humbly apologize for not being clear when I posted, "honestly, I don't know how 'Where's the "I am now legally retarded for reading this thread" option?'". I will try my best to simplify my statement in a paragraph.

THIS IS NOT A PK MUD AND NEVER HAS AND NEVER WILL BE. THE ARGUMENT WAS STUPID AND A WASTE OF TIME. IF YOU THINK IT WAS A HEATED ARGUMENT THEN I'D HATE TO SEE WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT RANGERS SUCKING FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS. BY MAKING THIS POLL YOU ARE INCREASING THE AMOUNT OF TIME WASTED ON A STUPID THOUGHT. HELL, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY I'M BOTHERING WITH THIS STUPID CRAP. GG INTARWEB

In bold and caps for the specials.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:02 am

LOL pardon me while I extinguish the flames, Dalar.

No, I don't expect it to be a pkill mud. I wouldn't want that either and didn't really think that's what I was suggesting. Thanks for clarifying your point, in any case.

I'm sorry that you found the idea so vehemently offensive. As I said, I was just proposing one possible solution to what is apparently an issue with some players. I understand (thanks, Shar, for your post) that this doesn't appear to be something likely to be implemented.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:12 am

Its too bad that my thread was deleted, so this thread has no point of reference... however I still have a copy of it if anyone wants! I enjoy how the log was deleted too, NO EVIDENCE!
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:48 am

Heh... another thread hijacked by rangers but hey Dalar,...

I know he has a unique (atm) Tia item, but have you seen Irilien (or sumthin like that) in action? He doesn't even have top-tier eq and he outdamages anybody in the game, hands down, including Pava. He smites DS mobs in like two rounds sometimes...

Tia items aside, rangers seem pretty ok, sure they might need a slight upgrade here or there, but they are not the total suck, not like antis.. Otherwise wtf are people doing playing so many of them...
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:50 pm

Don't fucking get me started, daggaz.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Uh

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:03 pm

daggaz wrote:Tia items aside, rangers seem pretty ok, sure they might need a slight upgrade here or there, but they are not the total suck, not like antis.. Otherwise wtf are people doing playing so many of them...

Because people enjoy the concept of a Ranger Daggaz. If you think we are "pretty ok" you need to play more and see how often Rangers zone. Without his circlet, the Ranger...well...I've said it too many times in the past. As far as the Anti goes, I feel sorry for them as well, specially back in the day when they had "ZERO" use whatsoever.
Minofagal
Sojourner

Postby Minofagal » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:41 pm

*bump*
Last edited by Minofagal on Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaisi tells you 'get smirn, he's better than me'
--HELP! My legs aren't long enough!--
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:24 pm

When I'm in a pk kinda mood, I take it to the arena. Last I checked, that's what its for. To give silly people the option to go splat each other for the heck of it.

Only thing I can think of is maybe load some mobs into the arena for the heck of it.

*shrug*

Just tugging the thread kinda back on track. :P
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:32 am

Nog, in this game there's no need for something like this suggested in top post. For torilmud pkill, take it to arena.
BEER
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:41 am

fyi there is a pkill flag its called arena.. go there
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:36 am

Lilira wrote:When I'm in a pk kinda mood, I take it to the arena.

I blink Maxler, or in the rare case... Maladryn.

!!x
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:23 am

Dont gotta swear Ragorn..

but yeah i havent played one ever, but I do notice they tend to do some pretty heavy rogueish damage, tia items or not, and are almost always taken along in dragon hunting expeditions. They seem to tank better than rogues too, which is pretty nice considering they do such damage...

And they get some low level spellcasting stuff... nothing too spanky, tho the plant transport is pretty handy for doing certain things.. but still pretty nice considering they are heavy hitters and can tank with spells.

Do you guys wand downgraded damage and upgraded tank abilities or what? I mean, besides the posts about various dual-wield issues, im at a loss here... But you cant honestly be asking to be total masters at warrior skills + damage + spellcasting, are you? Seems like they are the closest thing to a multiclass on this mud, seems normal they should be rather limited in most of it.

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”