Cloud's

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Ifin
Sojourner

Cloud's

Postby Ifin » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:46 am

Hey, I was wondering if the load rate for gaunts of stalking in Cloud's could get looked at.

IMHO, those are one of the primary reasons why people would even do Cloud's nowadays (myself included). All the other items are second-rate, Cloud's is a really nice zone and still has chance for major spankage on grid and with all those caster rooms.

Storm bracelets I can kinda understand a low load rate, but I've only seen gaunts load once in a month or two of runs, and I've been trying to head up there every boot (maybe missed a boot here or there but records pretty good!). So that's like 10-14 trips with 1 gaunts load, and I've seen storms load twice in that time. And it's not the easiest to keep getting groups to do something if the load is that disappointing by far.

Gaunts aren't really "the" hand wear to wear now anyways, and the quest it's mainly used for has a lot of other parts as well.

Thanks for looking into it.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:00 am

The quest yields the greatest mask in all the lands however. Maybe make the gaunts 3dam since most people would wear musp gaunts with a prot over them anyhow. Shame to set clouds, entried as 'the hardest zone ever' as a place to go to fo quest gear.

If you do get gaunts, it's a great load! I think the other stuff is what needs to be looked at. No one has been able to do hezrou hide boots since dragon changes and they are pure junk, no one can finish the zone?!!? Combat amulet was neat - when prots wern't added to all the items that had best stats anyhow ala spobenheim - make it 3 dam, egads align restricted and 4dam, less all round items, more choosing between items!

Making storm bracelet !locate was the best change to clouds ever. Simple things!
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:39 am

I think a criteria for zone upgrade should be if the zone is done. And clouds is done.

To my knowledge the orb fight there is most often skipped, and that could indicate its not woth it, risk vs. reward.
Dranix/Straxin
Sojourner

Postby Dranix/Straxin » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:00 pm

Funny that before the quest was put in people always complained when the gauntlets loaded :P
Fotex ASSOC:: 'something's gay here'
Inama ASSOC:: 'its a maxler group, there's a whole lot of gay :('
Lazus group-says 'if you saw me naked, you wouldn't be so impressed methinks'
Rylan ASSOC:: 'the only thing that hurts is my butt'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:45 am

Disoputlip wrote:I think a criteria for zone upgrade should be if the zone is done. And clouds is done.

No it isn't. A small part of clouds is ninjaed into for a quest item, or occasionally to check another item which has become less frequent with the advent of other 3dam and other more desirable wrist items. Clouds has not been done, finished, or near to finished, in what, 2 years?

The orb is a decent item but with a significantly experienced playerbase most people who go there have a seelie staff and an orb of some description already. People skip every item except the two I mentioned generally, and gaunts(read: whole evil palace) as Dranix said only became significant as a quest item for another zone.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:03 am

i agree with sarell in general.

clouds was the new CC, challenging with good rewards and potential to spank even the best groups.... that was until spobenheim/new eq calcr ruined it.... and that was before dragon changes further undermined the risk vs reward.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:54 pm

Disoputlip wrote:I think a criteria for zone upgrade should be if the zone is done. And clouds is done.

Don't you mean if the zone is NOT done? If the zone is being done, it obviously holds equipment of some value, or worth.

*scratch*

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”