suggestion for evils

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Malia
Sojourner

suggestion for evils

Postby Malia » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:32 pm

Here is one thing i have found in the last week. I have lead evils 4x in the last week and here are some suggestions that evil players can work on to make their groups stronger.

1) I notice evils tend to afk more then goodies, I dont know if they are just the normal goodies that afk playing evils or its just that no one has really pointed out how anoying this is to leaders, but i find it more while i play evils then goodies. This is not everyone i have zoned with infact last 3 runs at ohp i have found very few afk a few but for the most part its been good.

2) I find when there is a spank or a few deaths, that the afk rate goes through the roof, you cant imagine how hard it is to regroup and reform if everyone is freaking afk. The re-form after death for evils is 10x slower then goodies. Especialy when fighting dragons and such, the most important thing is to get people back and healed and charge again asap. A dragon should never get from nasty back to full while you regroup. But i have seen it several times.

3) know your class. As much as I love the role playing factor of this game, zoning isnt the time for it. As a tank its your job to keep others in group alive, you cant do that when your decked out with all hitter eq. seeing a troll fully vited fully equiped and not even breaking 900 hps is just sad. Its not because they dont have the hp and ac eq, its because they chose to wear +hit rings vs +50hp rings. This is just one example but you get the idea.

This may come across wrong, and might be taken wrong, I really do mean it with the hope that people will improve and that evils in general will improve. Take this as suggestions to improve yourselves as well as the races you enjoy playing. It will improve the enjoyment of zoning evil for all that are involved.

People that have zoned with me the last week have seen that i have tried and my thoughts arent just based one 1 zone. I hope ya'll bring some life back into the evils, its fun to play.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:41 pm

I'll admit when I first read this is pissed me off but then again I know I've written lots of things that didn't come out right.

Really what you should do/have done is addressed any issues with those specific players. Yeah it takes lots longer to re assemble evils, look at where the home towns are then there's the dayblind thing, people have connection issues. The choice of players also isn't as great as the goodies, although there are more evils currently. When there was enough to have an all evil group we based out of dk which is much easier than doing it from vt imo, closer for snakes to run there, drow are there, duergars can run there fairly easy, in the dark no less.....

Being a leader is more than just taking people to a zone imo it's very difficult because you have to help the less experienced as well. Can't remember who it was, but they had great instructions, at the begining of the zone they would say don't mem until I say it's safe to, or mem out etc. So there was never the uncertainty of should I mem now....then the group moves without you, stuff like that. Certain fights would be like, cleric 1 go with fheal on tank, cleric 2 silence caster 3 etc. not everyone has been to every zone, other night was my first time in ohp which I really liked.

For those of you that take the time and burden to lead, thanks.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:27 pm

Being a zone leader isn't about babysitting the group. It's about calling the shots on when to kill and what to kill. If you guys can't even stay at keys or figure out what to do in a fight then follow point number 3: know your class.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:20 pm

These werent directed at any one person, it was suggestions that i thought i could make to imrove evils zoning as a whole.. if it was just one person i would have taken it up with 1 person. but these issues seem to be more a whole group then just an individual. No offense was meant but just more of a suggestion on how to help the leaders desire to lead more often.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Anab
Sojourner

Postby Anab » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 pm

Ive pretty much havent lead anything and i admit that i used to afk alot when i zoned as battlechanter has to be one of the laziest classes imo but after leading a zone realized how it call meshes and stuff so this is just my say in this dont realy know if means anything to anyone but i feel that as leader we should chose those that dont afk alot lead ohp the other night and it was a bit cobbled and if those people i took with me had gone afk then it wouldnt been a oh god lets never do this again so if the leader is taking people to zone they should chose wisely as to whom they take i know that since the vil pbase is not high enough to just select the ones that know what they are about and also that kinda deters the new guys from getting in on zones as they dont really know what to do and how to do it so i think that the afkness is about 60% up to the leader as he/she choses who follows them into this zone and then 10% on not knowing whats going on so people arent understanding the jist. and 30% on fun in the zone. that fun factor was a big thing that kept me uninterested in zones i mean it was cool and fun but the leader keeping pace stupid deaths/unneeded ones to a minimum tends to keep people at keys as they think the zone will continue to run smooth and be fun at all times.....this is just my opinion tho i agree with both Latreg and Malia but i believe its also in whom the leader choses to do what know that the main people ya need are people who can do the job.

sorry for like the no punctuations...im just lazy

Bibad 46 Bchanter
Anab 40 Warrior
Zizziz tells you 'ok stop spamming me with your corpses.'
Sselrahk tells you 'Still, every poke with a poking stick is a poke with a poking stick.'
Bibad lvl 50 Orc Bchanter
Aggaz lvl 50 Troll Warrior
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:30 pm

No problem Anab, pardon us if we don't bother to read it.

Hey Malia, look you really need to understand that.. oh hold on a sec afk
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:11 am

is anab serious in his post because man i didnt bother to read it and i really think people should use punctations like my former guild leader folur who always use to ramble on like this and everytime he'd screw up he'd ramble on like this i mean he's a good guy and all but damn i really wish he'd pause in his rambling and use punctations and give up wow and tank for me in eq2 but he and kanthas are like dave chapelle and his penis which is pretty close if you remember that one episode where he was on the michael jackson jury trial and lol he said some people think cucumbers taste better pickled which i always say to throw people off in conversations when they argue about stupid stuff like loot and it really made me think because i didnt know that pickles were cucumbers because if they are i think i wouldnt eat them in my burgers since i dont really like cucumbers which make me go lololololololol like muma who i was thinking about the other day when i heard that my friend met a stripper at a bikini bar and i was wondering if anyone knew which bar she worked at and i was thinking what if muma worked at that same bar and had a ton of dirt on the girl so i could make fun of my guildmate which i have already done by saying hey grom when you kissed that stripper did it taste like one thousand dicks kinda like the one thousand eye potato and headband in this game but not really since those probably tasted alot different but man i remember when dornax use to race me to the headband and i use to think he was a dick.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
razax
Sojourner

Postby razax » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:47 am

Firstly Malia thanks for the leads into the zones in the last few days, I certainly have enjoyed learning more about areas in the Mud that I cannot normally get to. From my point of view I really appreciate leaders taking the initiative and giving guidance when required so that noobs like me don't go the wrong way or do the wrong thing, the more we zone the more we learn and the more we can be relied upon to do the right thing at the right time. A lot of the specifics can only be learnt over time and I do hope that leaders will be patient with us high level noobs, we may be skilled but working in a team takes time especially when you have no idea where you are in relation to places you know well. The AFK thing the other day was annoying with tanks not engaging mobs.

Thanks again.

Evenshalee
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:53 am

also realize evils have a lot of players for whom english is a second language.
malakwee
Sojourner

Postby malakwee » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:02 am

To me there are several type of players

1) players who take risks to learn zones and strive to learn more of their classes
2) players who dont take risks to learn zones and depend on others to advance their chars.
3) others in between 1) and 2)

There is a vast difference between a player in 2) who wants to improve and who dont. If ya just take innitiative and talk to some established players you could learn a couple of tricks to make yerself more competent... or you could try it solo and learn the harder way, which is way better imho.

Most of the time i go into zone as support to leaders. Not until recently do i lead, and lemme tell ya it is tuff to lead a bunch of peeps especially when they 1) dont listen 2) go afk 3) cause a spank cos they dont listen AND then go afk.

I would like to extend my deepest thanks to all leaders for leading all this time. I am new at leading stuff, well... very very new really... just concluded leading 3 small zones only... and i know i have caused a spank or two from my action in the past (i recall casting rot in clouds when there was a silver dragon in the room which spanked almost entire group), but the least people could do from this sorta incident is learn from it and try not to ever repeat the same mistake.

Evil has the potential to be better than goodies could ever be, simply because evil has better overall stats than most goodie classes, with the single exception of grey elves (imho). If ya all just put up a little bit more effort, am sure we can get there somday.

Cheers... and btw english is my second language too... *nudge kiryan* so pls forgive my mistakes.
Teshidee
Sojourner

Postby Teshidee » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:45 am

Latreg, you can reform about ANY evil group just as any goodrace group when you have 2 things in your group:

1. non afk groupmembers
2. gate/rift + well/wormhole or fold.

dayblind isn't an issue, squishies get globe, illus sun shadow, chanters solid fog, mentalists earthfog. shrug. doesn't even require fly/prots ohnoes!

english is your second language? it's also my second. what's there to not understand about enter fold/portal?

and why does it seem so hard for some players who are new to a zone to ask more experienced players for advice (instead of only spamming the leader who has to deal with enough stuff already), and copying their behaviour?

if you don't know a zone, do less gsay chitchat, and listen to instructions. *shrug*

*hugs to malia* i'll follow!

So there was never the uncertainty of should I mem now....

very nice leader. good way to learn basics. not doable in real zones. map your zones whenever you can, then you can decide this on your own.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:38 pm

I LOVE YOU TESHIDEE

Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:58 am

Teshidee wrote:Latreg, you can reform about ANY evil group just as any goodrace group when you have 2 things in your group:

1. non afk groupmembers
2. gate/rift + well/wormhole or fold.

dayblind isn't an issue, squishies get globe, illus sun shadow, chanters solid fog, mentalists earthfog. shrug. doesn't even require fly/prots ohnoes!

english is your second language? it's also my second. what's there to not understand about enter fold/portal?

and why does it seem so hard for some players who are new to a zone to ask more experienced players for advice (instead of only spamming the leader who has to deal with enough stuff already), and copying their behaviour?

if you don't know a zone, do less gsay chitchat, and listen to instructions. *shrug*

*hugs to malia* i'll follow!

So there was never the uncertainty of should I mem now....

very nice leader. good way to learn basics. not doable in real zones. map your zones whenever you can, then you can decide this on your own.

alex, yer smarter than the average bear.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:04 am

I too have went down and led some evil zones. My experience has been good for the most part. I find that alot of evils are more willing to do what you say, you just have to make sure that they understand what you actually mean vs what you say. I have noticed the extreme afk problem, what I did to combat it was to constantly involve the group, via jokes or whatever. I was extra parinoid about the zone, explaining every little detail in the zone I could think of. Also i made sure that my key classes were people that I knew/trusted hell my tanks were Targsk and Gura, two guys that are better players than I have ever thought about being.

So if you can walk a tight rope, be undermanned, and be a comedian while leading a zone, then maybe you should come down and lead the rebounding evil side of the racewar. Where the hell is Moritheil when you need him?
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'

Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'

Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'

Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:41 pm

Ruxur wrote: I have noticed the extreme afk problem, what I did to combat it was to constantly involve the group, via jokes or whatever.

Uh we were laughing at you not with you man!

And yes, read Teshidee's shit. When I was new to raiding I did exactly that. I suck at zoning but hey at least they did well when I was there!

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”