::flush::

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Ragorn
Sojourner

::flush::

Postby Ragorn » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:29 am

Another departing player's final thread deleted.

See ya, Turg.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Karenthael
Sojourner

Postby Karenthael » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:59 pm

Why?
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:15 pm

Looks like its still there to me, just has had all the bickering and off topic posts removed from it and locked.
I believe all of the staff have seen it and understand there are problems that need addressed which is what Turg was trying to point out.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:25 pm

Looks like the original post is still there sure, but any and all responses, even ones that were good are gone. Really, why halfass it, just delete the whole post if you're going to go the route of deleteing EVERY Post but the original. Seriously.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Marthammor » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:36 pm

Because the original post was probably the only good part of the whole thread?
Seriously, was all the complaints about the admins (which I believe Turg said wasn't his intent) and the complaints about code (which wasn't the intent either) and all the name calling of the staff and players, needed and relevent to the thread?
Perhaps there were other good posts within the thread, I really couldn't tell as I personally got tired of trying to find the good posts through all the name calling going on.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:32 pm

The initial point of the thread was a complaint about heavy-handed administrative practices. Turg's point could not have been punctuated any more eloquently than by the deletion of the entirety of the responses in the thread.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:34 pm

His post is still there. The rest of the thread was just emotions.

If there were a small town with lots of cops, and the cops continually pull people over for running traffic lights, or playing music too loud, are the citizens gonna complain then? Regardless of populous, rules are rules. The ONLY ones who complain about the admin and their so-called nothing better to do *are* the ones who are breaking the rules.
We still are waiting on what I remember seeing about skills practice being made more effective. It's so slow in some things to notch I have considered botting. Just didn't want to go that path. I most definitely wish skills practice was related to level. I don't see what good levels are when skills don't reflect that. Level only reflects the capacity of one's skill, not their true values. I think it best on when a ranger levels on p&p, they automatically get sneak values to raise, etc. It sure would be nice to have that here. Would damned near end botting.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:56 pm

My post was NOT emotions, I find it rather offensive that MY post defending the mud and admins were deleted as well as all the bullcrap, I guess you take the good with the bad tho?
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:15 pm

sorry, I should have been more specific! I think Corth's label of others was not worthy of being posted :) Hagah was being quite emotional, etc. There's just no point in being mean to the people who run this mud is what I was hoping to say. They provide us a place to escape reality!
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Marthammor » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:16 pm

Keep in mind that this is my opinion on stuff and not the other members of the staff, but if only the good posts praising the gods were kept then there would be more complaints of 'Oh, so you keep the posts of the ass kissers but not those of the people that point out the problems. We see how it is!'

Btw, I don't think you guys are ass kissers, but rather just the opposite cause most all of you seem to shoot straight from the hip with no holds barred. It’s just that its most likely that’s how someone would post it. :P

Now, I'm not a moderator on any of these boards, but I do think something needed to be done about the thread. Even though both the good and the bad posts were wiped out leaving only the original post, I think it was the better solution to the whole thing rather then getting rid of the whole thread in its entirety.
Karenthael
Sojourner

Postby Karenthael » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:19 pm

Have to agree on that Martha, it would have been "damned if you do damned if you don't" in that situation. I was only asking because I logged off the night before laughing at the thing and came back looking forward to another giggle or two and the thing was gone. I would like to express my appreciation for the fact that the staff decided to NOT delete the original post, as it shows that there is consideration given to the opinions expressed by the players. Further, I would like to express my sorrow that there were any posts that had to be deleted because of lack of understanding, appreciation, consideration, etc on the parts of some players.
If you think that something small cannot make a difference---try sleeping
with a mosquito in the room.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”