Dev. news board

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
grundar
Sojourner

Dev. news board

Postby grundar » Thu May 11, 2006 6:03 pm

i have been reading the bbs and there have been a lot of posts by shev saying that the thing discussed was being looked into and addressed.
there is activity in the development area so why not post it in the one board intended for us to have an idea of whats coming in the future?
the last post in that board was from Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:05 pm. dont neglect this board, letting your pbase know what is being worked on is a way to acknowledge them.

i just lost my train of thought hehe.. screw it point is if it aint getting used then why have it at all? just keep having no updates and see what happens.. good luck with that

-------
rez
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu May 11, 2006 6:32 pm

/signed

EDIT: Let me clarify what I am agree'n with. Communication from the staff on the current state of the game via the development/news sections of the website.

PS. Thew NEWS link on the main site is down.
Last edited by Llaaldara on Fri May 12, 2006 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu May 11, 2006 8:41 pm

mucho agree-o. Darn those god definitions of 'soon' and 'minute' but still would be nice to know what's in the works
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri May 12, 2006 4:56 pm

You can not hold the forgers accountable nor measure their progress against any expectation. A schedule or list of upcoming features would serve no purpose other than to try and measure the unmeasurable. By definition thats an exercise in frustration (the result would be frustration).

If the forgers wanted to make themselves accountable or allow themselves to be judged, a schedule/list might make sense. Until then it could only be a destructive device.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri May 12, 2006 6:57 pm

Read other dev boards and you'll see why this is a horrible idea. It only brings stupid flames, lame player crying etc.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Fri May 12, 2006 7:03 pm

You mean it brings posts like this:

kiryan wrote:who da f*ck cares why anymore? stop sidetracking. this isn't a thread about updates. 4 years... at a point reasons we lose that sympathy/empathy that makes them more than excuses. at this point, i really dont care if someone died.

Now that's compassion
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat May 13, 2006 8:59 pm

lick

maybe i should write an rp story and take "compassionate healer" as my title
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sat May 13, 2006 9:23 pm

This issue is beeing addressed.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon May 15, 2006 3:03 pm

That board will be used more for disseminating information about new features that are already in the game, rather than long term plans.

Fixed the news link, thanks Llal.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”