Multiplay Weekend II

News Updates from the Toril Staff.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Multiplay Weekend II

Postby Shar » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:03 pm

This weekend only, starting this Friday, June 9th at 5pm est, we will allow any and all players to multiplay as many characters of their OWN as they want to. The entire weekend will be time to multiplay.

-Character sharing is still and always will be Illegal.

-Multiplaying does NOT give you permission to run other's characters commands via triggers of any sort. Be at the keys and run your own characters.

-Multiplay as many characters as you can control. This means if you have too many characters logged in and are being a pest, you'll be asked to cut back on the number of chars you have logged in.

-We will reboot at the beginning of multiplay and will announce when multiplaying is over, which will be around Sunday, June 11th midnight, est.

-EVERYTHING you do this weekend WILL be saved. That means if you die or break a lot of rules or do stupid stuff to make a nightmare for yourself, it will stick even after this weekend, so take care and do things right.

This event is meant to be a fun time for you and your friends! If you have more questions or concerns, please post them here. Tell all your friends and buddies. We'll look forward to seeing you then!
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:07 pm

Current racial grouping restrictions will still apply. The only thing that changes is the number of chars you are allowed to play at one time. :)

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Anab
Sojourner

Postby Anab » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:39 pm

OK....Who is doing what zones?? Is there a limit as to how many chars we can be on? For those using Zmud check out helpfiles on Multiplaying. Will help you dearly for this :). So for my first question. Can we have as many on to run through zones and such as a 1man team?
Zizziz tells you 'ok stop spamming me with your corpses.'
Sselrahk tells you 'Still, every poke with a poking stick is a poke with a poking stick.'
Bibad lvl 50 Orc Bchanter
Aggaz lvl 50 Troll Warrior
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:25 am

There is no limit other than what you can control. For some of us, that means one character. For others of us, that could mean 10 characters. If you can control them, you can play them. Try to 1man zones. I'd like to see it :)

Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:20 am

Neat.

Thanks!
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:32 am

Ha! Random question....If say Tibek and Ezwar were both at my house, like they will be sunday morn, could 'we' log them all in on one machine? Ha! "My computer is gonna feel a whole neeeeeeewwwww spectrum of pain! Like a raaaaaaaaiiiiiinbow!"

Korgoth of Barbaria FTW
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Oghma » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:50 pm

Logging 3 people's characters on with one machine would be frowned upon due to character sharing issues. If they're on 3 PCs that are networked, that's a different story all together.
Oghma The Lord of Knowledge, God of Bards
[ Administrator ] of TorilMUD
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:09 pm

I HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH MULTIPLAY WEEKEND II!!!!!

My computer wont be delivered until 6/12/06 now :( !!!!!

Alendar
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:11 am

Had a blast! And didn't die from being a crappy multiplayer, so that's an added bonus! Thanks :)
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:13 am

Hope everyone had fun! Multiplay weekend is now closed.

Thanks for the great times :)

Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:40 am

I had a blast. My 'group' VS the groups in um2 was a blast! Me trying to get 6 bids on an item was wacky :). Amathiel being dragged into an ultrablast on apparently not enough HP was funny! Being able to exp all characters at once for less total boring time ruled, helps people to get some alts up I hope. Keeping track of arrows was horrible, couldn't find em all in time for the reboot, would be great still if broken arrows were collected with collect.

It was really fun, a bigger heads up when it is on would be neat if it happens again, I sadly missed the first one and only got a couple of hours of this one, but it was a grand couple of hours, thanks guys!
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Ssryth
Sojourner

Postby Ssryth » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:00 am

Yeah I had a blast too, haven't had this much fun xp'ing ... ever !

In terms of xp, I think I accomplished this weekend what would have normally taken me weeks... and that is the biggest outcome for me.

Thanks for the chance to do this. We definitely need to do this again :)

Ssryth.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:35 am

Yea, this was again, a blast!

My multi group gained quite a lot of exp when I got them going well.

Then the Gormal FaCtOr took over on a few of my high lvl chars resulting in significant -exp.

Lotsa fun regardless, thanks admin!
BEER
muma
Sojourner

Multi PLay!

Postby muma » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:33 pm

ok, this was really fun! but sadly i could only play for part of Sat. :( when will it happen again!?
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:57 pm

Was really fun! We should do this more often and watch our numbers grow.

Frankly I'm not entirely sure I understand why multiplaying is illegal. The more chars one logs on, the higher is the risk of dying. If we offered multiplay routinely, I wonder if it would attract new players.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:18 am

I agree that more chars is definitely a challenge. Specially when you are leaving one behind and someone decides to drag an agg mob while you're busy on the other screen and don't see
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:43 pm

Jhorr wrote:Was really fun! We should do this more often and watch our numbers grow.

Frankly I'm not entirely sure I understand why multiplaying is illegal. The more chars one logs on, the higher is the risk of dying. If we offered multiplay routinely, I wonder if it would attract new players.

back in the old days, lots of people had dial up connections, and along those lines there was bandwidth issues, so I think that's where it came from.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:51 pm

Jhorr wrote:Was really fun! We should do this more often and watch our numbers grow.

If it was made illigal then you would see a completely other playtype that would be really unbalancing. Some classes are very easy to multi. I rolled over airship just because I had a bash trigger on a warrior.

I think multi weekends are a cool way to have fun once in a while, but I can give tons of examples why it shouldn't be a daily thing.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:44 pm

Disoputlip wrote:If it was made illigal then you would see a completely other playtype that would be really unbalancing. Some classes are very easy to multi. I rolled over airship just because I had a bash trigger on a warrior.

I think multi weekends are a cool way to have fun once in a while, but I can give tons of examples why it shouldn't be a daily thing.

there are already people who can roll over airship without multiplaying. and other things that the (dynamic duo) are 2 manning (you know who you are)

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:03 pm

Given enough time the current player base would very quickly master multiplaying both solo and cooperativly and be able to take on just about anything. All that takes is time and clever scripts/triggers. Previously our playerbase hasn't had to do this kind of thinking...But it wouldn't take long. Just looking and the scriptability of a single class like a Necromancer/Lich (Which can function very much like a standard group) and you can quickly see what I mean.

In addition, multiplaying allows for very very low risk in just about every situation...Being able to use your rogue to CR yourself alone does a lot. Throw in a druid/illithid and its even easier. Fodder characters...etc.

I had a lot of fun, and yea multi all the time could be cool but thats not something I'd want to see happen...Diso is right, this would attract a different kind of player pool and turn this into a different kind of MUD...From all I've seen, MUDs that allow Multi attract power players who quickly 'beat' the MUD and move on to the next one, and care little about the growth or development of the communities they frequent. That would be a disservice to Toril and the long history behind it IMO.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
selerial
Sojourner

Postby selerial » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:19 pm

Latreg wrote:
Disoputlip wrote:If it was made illigal then you would see a completely other playtype that would be really unbalancing. Some classes are very easy to multi. I rolled over airship just because I had a bash trigger on a warrior.

there are already people who can roll over airship without multiplaying. and other things that the (dynamic duo) are 2 manning (you know who you are)

2 manning Airship? Psh, that's one player too many. ;+) Unless you mean Vault, although I suspect that given a lot of luck and about 10 hours of boredom that could be soloed too.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:42 pm

Well, Inama proved manscorpion hive could be solo'd given enough time. Multi would just cut down the time required. So, what's the difference?

Our player pool is more distilled now and the players that remain are in general terms more expert than before. If we could multi, we wouldn't have to abort zone groups so much just because there aren't enough players.

As for multi attracting a different type of player, at least new players might be attracted. Who's to say what their personalities would be like. People have always come and gone from this MUD. Maybe a few new ones would stick around. Who knows. At least our player base might grow.

Maybe we could try something more limited. Multiplay Mondays anyone?
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:21 pm

Pretty please can we have another before the new stuff comes in??

Pretty pretty pwease??? With whipped cream, almonds and a cherry on top?
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Tala_Darkraven
Sojourner

Postby Tala_Darkraven » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:52 pm

Lilira wrote:Pretty please can we have another before the new stuff comes in??

I second this beg.

And add fudge, caramel and assorted salted nuts of other kinds.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:36 pm

Lilira wrote:Pretty please can we have another before the new stuff comes in??

On top of what? please explain in great detail.

But yeah one more before the new stuff would be cool, would help get gear moved around and into place too.

Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:48 pm

On top of the pwease you silly orc. Sheesh.

Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'

Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:46 pm

I know this may stir the pot, but here goes:

I'm against a multiplay day/weekend/etc. before the implementation of the changes simply for the fact that it has been verified that any character you have will be customizeable when the new system is put into place. Multiplay only allows for quick and easy pleveling of alts. With the announcement that these changes will be made, we'll simply see power players exping even more alts than ever so they can customize to their hearts' content when the changes are made. I mean, we already know Pava's going to have a rogue for every occasion with every possible build there will be :lol: I don't think we need even more of this!
Gruy
Sojourner

Postby Gruy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:08 am

yeah lets not have anyone doing xp damn it! with the abundance of available people now it is far to easy to do xp! /sarcasim off

sorry hehe but i disagree.. it is very hard getting an xp group together nowdays hehe. unless you can solo from 1-50 you pretty much gonna have alot of trouble beyond 20 till after prolly 40 if you roll a char and do not twink it and try to solo from 1-50 you gonna be bored for a long long time.

it just easier if you cannot find people to group with just making your own:p i dunno just my opinion hehe sorry again for the sarcasim:P
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:41 pm

I truly enjoyed the exping part of multi, but i think for newer people that some of us should be grouping with it makes finding groups even harder.

If you think its hard for us that have been here 10+ years to find exp groups, think how a noob must feel. And you want to exp by yerself? Dont think it will help the pbase grow at all. I would love to help the newer people if every <20 person i saw wasnt already decked i have no way of telling whos a alt and whos actualy new. Maybe create a 'new' flag or something so those wanting to help can.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:27 am

i was in alaska on my honeymoon. i manage to get a little multiplay in while she was recovering. i mean sleeping.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:28 am

oh...

multi monday is a GREAT idea.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:24 am

Yeah, let's have another Multiplay weekend just prior to Toril 2.0 being introduced, as part of the welcoming of the new era of code!!

Please advertize it well in advance ;)
BEER
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:50 pm

Gruy wrote:yeah lets not have anyone doing xp damn it! with the abundance of available people now it is far to easy to do xp! /sarcasim off

sorry hehe but i disagree.. it is very hard getting an xp group together nowdays hehe. unless you can solo from 1-50 you pretty much gonna have alot of trouble beyond 20 till after prolly 40 if you roll a char and do not twink it and try to solo from 1-50 you gonna be bored for a long long time.

it just easier if you cannot find people to group with just making your own:p i dunno just my opinion hehe sorry again for the sarcasim:P

I totally agree, it's really no different than decking out your alt to kill things you couldn't normally, and you aren't going to group with anyone because you get better exp solo, so what's the difference? As a side note newbies should be warned about playing solo classes like necros and elementalist because they typically are told to go solo and often to not get into groups(notice I never once said "always")

For me the idea is to get some different characters "zoning level" to better help fill out groups with needed classes. Very often people are asked to change to a different class because the lack an enchanter or whatever. I don't see a whole lot of you people who have tons of level 50's offering to exp anyone (notice I didn't use any "absolute" type words there). Either they are afk or zoning

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:08 pm

Last edited by Ambar on Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:40 pm

91% til I get wraiths!!!!!!!!!!!!

*skip*

Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:22 am

*comf* wraiths suck
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:16 pm

Bump, lesse another multi weekend (advertized well in advance please) sometime soon, to help fill in between now and the next era of the game code, etc.

Mmmm.
BEER
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:56 pm

I concur, so long as you wait until the end of December or early January.
Minofagal
Sojourner

Postby Minofagal » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:48 pm

it'd be a good tim eto start planning well in advance *wink wink*
Kaisi tells you 'get smirn, he's better than me'
--HELP! My legs aren't long enough!--
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:09 pm

Bumb whens the next one? :P
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:50 pm

Zoldren wrote:Bumb whens the next one? :P

Pretty Soon!

:)
BEER
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:50 pm

Next Multiplay weekend would be.... yeah use the link in Ssar's post.

Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:20 am

Wow a Lilira post without the RP! *spock like* "Facinating!"
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:38 pm

:P

*wonders where Thil put his glasses.*

MOST of my posts don't have the RP Mr. Spockalek.

Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:04 pm

Think it would be possible to have another multi session sometime in September? Would be really cool :) Thanks.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:25 am

BUMP! :)
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:26 am

Any chance we could have a Thanksgiving Weekend multi? Thanks! :)

Return to “T2 Announcements Archive”