Bel's bored Sat. 8/12 1 pm EST

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Ifin
Sojourner

Bel's bored Sat. 8/12 1 pm EST

Postby Ifin » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:51 am

Bel's been bored feeling all safe in his castle for awhile. Planning trip before summer ends, either Fri. Aug 5th ~ 5 EST (1st choice) or Sat. Aug 6th ~ 12 EST.

Mmail Ifinian (that's i-a-n) if you wanna come w/which date you prefer or if either works, and what chars you have if you don't think I know them. Trip will take anywhere from 4-8 hrs most likely.

Will take a pick-up group before to check rares and gather quest pieces.

As for bid system, I do believe in them. My simple reason, the # of times people go to zones is not large enough for the law of large #'s to kick-in, so the # of times you go (effort) does not equal what one should get.

The only problem with bid systems on Toril is for a certain zone, there might be too many different bid accounts for a zone. This is the only thing that might hurt the "casual gamer" argument. If there was a central bookkeeping, the "casual gamer" argument is invalid, b/c sure if they go once in Jan. and then again in Mar. they would accumulate more bids just as anyone else does.

That said, I won't start my own system. However, the one w/the longest history since we started doing BC from time to time is Kiryan's, and I believe 80% of the runs since then have been recorded from his. I'll talk to him to see if he's willing to generalize it, otherwise it will just be no system.

If it will be straight dice, it will be something like if an Avernus rare loads (sight/diamond ring) that will be payment. Otherwise they'll get 2 points of bidding. Doing BC will be 10 points. So people who go to both will get a full 12 points.
Last edited by Ifin on Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:43 pm

You may want to reconsider your choice of dates. That is the weekend of the gathering and the mud will be lacking players
Memorable Quotes from TorilMUD Gathering 2006

Sotana sez, 'I'll take it dirty.'
Teflor sez, 'Bobo, show me on the doll where the barbarian touched you.'
Duna sez, 'Is there anything else that needs to go in my backend?'
Pril sez, 'I'm too pretty to go to jail.'
Boboloppe sez, 'The only reason I joined Imphras was because of Sotana's ass.'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:55 pm

We can't all log on from yer house Hei? :o(
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Nekler BlazingWolf
Sojourner

Postby Nekler BlazingWolf » Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:27 pm

Are you kidding?
Last weekend she had five computers and an xbox 360 all hooked to the net and she made the comment that her living room looked like an IT department exploded.
Hate to think what would happen with 30 people all connected. :P
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:36 pm

it's not tiamat people :P there will be people on enough im sure :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:26 am

Ahh didn't notice that was the weekend of the gathering.

Well we'll see the response, and if not enough then it'll just be pushed back a week or so.
Tasan
Sojourner

Re: Bel's bored (Fri. 8/4 or Sat. 8/5)

Postby Tasan » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:54 am

Ifin wrote:Bel's been bored feeling all safe in his castle for awhile. Planning trip before summer ends, either Fri. Aug 5th ~ 5 EST (1st choice) or Sat. Aug 6th ~ 12 EST.

What year? There is no Friday August 5th this year!
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:26 pm

Going to push back the run due to circumstances to either Fri. 8/11 6pm EST or Sat. 8/12 1pm EST.

Had a decent response for this weekend so will contact those that responded and sorry, but let me know if you can make it the next weekend.

For those that's wondering the group make-up, core is:

3 tanks
1 enchanter
1 cleric
1 shaman
1 cleric or shaman
1 illusionist
2 rogues
2 rogues or rangers
1 bard

followed by, in order of priority:

elementalist, priest-type, damage-type, tank

I've decided on no bid system as well, except for points so those helping out w/Avernus get something for their efforts if no rares load. Hopefully Sarli will be free and helping me out for those of you that are scared.

Mwrite Ifinian (i-a-n).
Last edited by Ifin on Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:32 pm

About how much time will the whole thing require, minus actual forming of group. I can probably provide the cleric......
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:05 pm

Will you be going as goodies or evils?

Mike

Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:38 pm

Time will be anywhere from 4 - 8 hrs (most likely around 5).

Most likely goodies, but everyone has so many alts nowadays so it's kinda wierd to plan for these things. So I'll be bugging goodies about coming, but if you're an evil and are free doesn't hurt to mwrite and I can decide on the list I get. And sometimes goodies like playing their evil chars too.
Teshidee
Sojourner

Postby Teshidee » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:58 pm

i know i do (like playing evil), but i cannot come :(
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:00 pm

Have 1/2 a group for next weekend. Need some more and will try to bug people and push it to make it happen. So please mwrite Ifin-i-a-n.

Anyhow, as it always happens, now I get a bunch of responses saying this coming weekend is better than next weekend. So, as I told some, might try to do a pickup BC group on Sat (cuz I might not be on tom Fri.).

So I'll see how who list is on Sat. 8/5 around 12 EST, and if enough, *might* try to form (or maybe for another zone, been meaning to smite Seelie for awhile too). If I don't log to do Avernus stuff on Fri., then Avernus will take about 1 hr. + 4-8 (most likely 5) for BC if pick-up group.

Regardless, plan is still on following weekend. Please mwrite Ifin-i-a-n. So it's either this weekend + next weekend, or just next weekend (if I get enough responses for either).
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:25 pm

Have a pretty decent group so far. It will be on Saturday 8/12 starting promptly at 1 pm EST.

Need a couple more people and I don't see anyone w/a cleric alt that's able to come so far, so mwrite me plz clerics!

Sarli said he'll be able to make it so if I get stuck on something should be able to still move along nicely.

Mwrite Ifin-i-a-n. Thanks!
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:30 pm

I could come at 1-1:30, but I can't guarantee I will be home. I have a waxing appt at 11am!
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:41 pm

Can ya post roster so far so we have an idea? and also have ya decided evil or goodie yet?

Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:48 pm

I will try to make it and play cleric, cause that's the only good race zone-able character I have ;)

I'll try to remember to mudmail you, but I don't read the bbs at home, just when I'm at work.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'

Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:34 pm

Posting a roster, still coming up short so if you know anyone that can fill in the spots, lemme know!

Most likely group so far:

Tank - Hartor
Tank - Rulk
Tank - Pril
Cler - Deltin (90% sure)
Sha - Nekler
Sha - Yog
Enchant - Minofagal
Illu - Drahken
Ele/Melee - Menliros/Lehnuer
Melee - Teflor
Melee - Sarli
Melee - Malydryn
Melee - Erarim
Melee - Thalash

Maybe: Ghimok

Least I'd go up with is if can fill in another Bard slot.

Priority on filling out remaining 3 slots:

Bard, Melee, Damage-type, Priest-type, Tank

Mwrite me tho if you have a char that can go cuz we can always switch people around.

Don't forget all the sexy loot from BC: generally best in class mage amulet & robe, mage/priest !fem bracelet, war/rog sleeves & boots, rog chainmail & dagger... depending on group maybe even tan'ari gloves and if lucky sparkling ring and amulet on way there.

Thanks, please don't be late, should be a fun smite!
Last edited by Ifin on Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:10 pm

Can't wait!
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:24 pm

I'm dead serious - I should be home by 1, but it may be closer to 1:30pm. I can log off up in avernus or something, to facilitate easier entry or something.
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:30 am

Thanks to those that came on longer than planned run.

8 hrs from leave to bid, though we did have to do Avernus and got diamond ring and tan'ari gloves.

One thing is the inner ring is pretty crazy, from what rogues say they change direction lots and speed up/speed down. Dunno if they can be tweaked so it's more consistent and not so much luck.

Avernus took like 2 hrs, outer rings 1 hr, inner rings like 2 hrs, then what old BC was only took us like 3 hrs which was great time!

I think inner/outer rings should really take 1 hr together max if completely smooth, which is pretty reasonable if the inner ring patrols were looked at. That would make BC a 4 min to 5 avg to 6 long zone w/o avernus part, from group leave to bid end, which is nice b/c so many people can't devote that much time nowadays and 4-6 is pretty good for reward vrs time.

Just posting my thoughts, maybe do one last time right at the end of summer and promise to do Avernus part first and learned lots from this run to cut down time!
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:59 am

It could be speeded way up from what we did today. Things like the tanks going when you say go really help move things along when you have to wait for the right moments for battle. Fleeing out instead of dying helps. And opening the door at Bel so you don't spank is a sweet idea also. Having to completely change the group halfway because people figured it was more worth their while to bid on diamond ring and leave halfway through the zone probably didn't do anything for speed either. Bad targetting on Kerdel caused a near spank delay. The only cleric died in the zone twice aswell so that took up a fair bit of time. I think the rings are much more fun as they currently stand than they ever have been. Mind you, I'm still in the zone 12 hours later so I'm pretty freakin' bored right now...stupid non gate.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:15 pm

Sarell wrote:It could be speeded way up from what we did today. Things like the tanks going when you say go really help move things along when you have to wait for the right moments for battle. Fleeing out instead of dying helps. And opening the door at Bel so you don't spank is a sweet idea also. Having to completely change the group halfway because people figured it was more worth their while to bid on diamond ring and leave halfway through the zone probably didn't do anything for speed either. Bad targetting on Kerdel caused a near spank delay. The only cleric died in the zone twice aswell so that took up a fair bit of time. I think the rings are much more fun as they currently stand than they ever have been. Mind you, I'm still in the zone 12 hours later so I'm pretty freakin' bored right now...stupid non gate.

True, in my and Teflor's defense atleast we planned on being there til 7:30 pm which would of given us 6.5 hrs for zone. Then we had to help move a pooltable so we just ran outta time we didn't leave because it was more benefitial or anything. But yeah having a necro to soul walk people back would of made it a lot faster that rebusting avernus :p

Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:32 pm

I must say I was pretty impressed with how quick we did finish given no Necromancer or res song (WTG btw Ili!:P). I'd say we probably spent an extra 1.5 to 2 hours+ delayed by busting the cleric back in or resing after a partial group spank, which subtracted from our total time would have put us right about where it has been the last few trips I've been on, which was about perfect IMO (6sh hours +/-).

All in all I had a blast even if it took longer than expected. Definately one of my favorite zones in terms of time, rewards and overall dynamics and one I always look forward to spending that kind of time doing.

Thanks for leading Ifin, look forward to another run soon!
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Minofagal
Sojourner

on a lighter note

Postby Minofagal » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:55 pm

On a lighter note, I'd just like to say thank you to everyone for putting up with my mediocre chanting in the zone. The door spanks were all me because I didn't understand the dynamics of it being locked for a few ticks after it slams closed. I know at least one of the cleric's deaths was my bad for not having him scaled. But I did learn a lot from it though. I think it's an awesome zone to play an Enchanter for, and now I feel a lot more comfortable (doesn't mean I'm any good yet).

Oh and I really do appreciate the tells throughout zones with tips and pointers from those that have Enchanters or lead/zone a ton.
Kaisi tells you 'get smirn, he's better than me'
--HELP! My legs aren't long enough!--
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 am

Pardon me.. I thought this was a thread about joining a BC group not one about tossing pot shots.

I'll wander off and go find another one to read before this one gets locked, which I hope it does... soon.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:18 am

Ha Ha Ha!

Cofen won diamond ring, and all you others suck.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:19 am

Yeah, Cofen sucks!

Actually, kinda glad he won it. Maybe Pril won't die so much now. :P
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:20 am

i love bind on pickup loot
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:21 am

Dalar wrote:i love bind on pickup loot

Never thought I would agree with you, Dalar... Bleh, I feel dirty now. :(
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:43 am

Flames deleted, thread locked. Blah.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”