Feature Ideas and Requests for 2.0

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Botef
Sojourner

Feature Ideas and Requests for 2.0

Postby Botef » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:16 pm

Post em!

MMail to E-mail Auto Forwarding (For when your away from game or don't check a character often.)

Character to Character Bank Transers - i.e. transfer x amount of plats from player A's account to player B's account, perferebly on or offline.

HTML Who output could be cool too, see who's online without logging in!
Last edited by Botef on Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:22 pm

claiming auction items won by an alt would be nice, kind of like the storage access thing.
how about adding some spell slots for those silly spells that fall in useful slots, Like water breath, how about making it so you can only mem a max of 6 full heals, but have 8 slots so you can mem water breath too, it's just a pain in the ass to forget full heal, mem on water breath cast/mem until all done, forget the water breath and remem the full heal. I'm sure there's lots of other instances like this too, or just make one slot perm pray water breath. well I think you get the idea.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Masrick
Sojourner

Postby Masrick » Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:58 am

If we had one main login account, this would all be easily possible(and it would make it easier for us players as well to manage our characters)

Login with one acccount, then choose a character to load.
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:33 am

1. Some continual indication to players in room when a bard is accompanying.

2. Name of broken arrow. "a black-shafted elven arrow (broken)" or "a broken black-shafted elven arrow"

3. Indication in score screen of the following effects: slow-poison (from worn eq), !sleep, !charm, !summon
Gantoris
Sojourner

Postby Gantoris » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:33 pm

I second the account system that has a single login with all your characters available to play. (Like most MMO's these days)

~Gantoris
Abbayarra
Sojourner

moving spells

Postby Abbayarra » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:01 pm

How about the ability to cast a spell at a different spell circle, say since 6th circle is full, have the ability to mem waterbreathe as a 7th circle spell.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:58 pm

All mobs should have an instant kill proc that uses 'Maxler' as the only target syntax.

New alcohol-related innates for dwarves. Drunken Rage or something will do.

Warboars for dwarven paladins.

On a less cool level: Targetted Rescuing: Let tanks pick what mobs they want to rescue people off of. rescu ladak bel
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:00 pm

group armor for clerics, if any class should have a group protection spell should be cleric, could work like divine blessing where it's alignment dependant.
actually why not implement it now.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'

Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:26 pm

Latreg wrote:could work like divine blessing where it's alignment dependant.

Of course, then they would convieniently forget to armor anyone not of their alignment.

Speaking of alignment, how about using the ethos/alignment system that pen and paper uses. That way you can bring in fun things like axiomatic weapons, and the hammer of chaos spell.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:29 am

Wild magic.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:58 pm

Grappling, straight out of 3.5 rules.

REAL mounted combat.

Elevation fighting - If one party has the high ground, it gets a bonus to hit. This could be negated through sheer weight of numbers versus a mob, weight/height ratios, etc.

ECL races - Aasimar, Tiefling, etc.

Clerics getting the ability to 'spontaneous heal'.

Druids getting the ability to 'spontaneous summon'.

Evil/Neutral/Good Rangers.

Removal of the battlechanter class (redundant, overcomplicated), and reimplement the bard with true 3.5 D&D flavor.

Add Psion class, overhaul psionicist to mesh with the complete psion book.

Variant base classes - from the complete book series and unearthed arcana.

Limit spells to the PHB and Spell Compendium - adding more than that overcomplicates and bogs down the system. This would allow more spells than current, but not so many as to overwhelm.

Implement initiative system - not sure this is viable, though I have an idea or two of how it could work.

Implement a more coherent and understandable version of two-weapon fighting. This would require either a true or fudged system of weapon sizes. Using weapon weights to discern this never made much sense to me, and still doesn't.

Prestige Classes - nuff said.
grundar
Sojourner

Re: Feature Ideas and Requests for 2.0

Postby grundar » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:36 am

Botef wrote:Post em!

MMail to E-mail Auto Forwarding (For when your away from game or don't check a character often.)

Character to Character Bank Transers - i.e. transfer x amount of plats from player A's account to player B's account, perferebly on or offline.

HTML Who output could be cool too, see who's online without logging in!

those are all awesome... but is the email forwarding doable?

how bout mr having a use and racial mr applying for an idea read: drow !
poison

omg freaking kingdom code with guildhalls! want my prestige to have a use dammit!

more remorts... say anti -> deathknight
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:10 pm

grundar wrote:say anti -> deathknight

Even if we pretend that you don't mean the god-like deathknight from the monster manual that DMs have made me fear for years, they can't possibly make APs formidable. It just isn't allowed.
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:41 am

troll to cavetroll remort.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:51 am

"They've got a cave troll..."

*flee*
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
grundar
Sojourner

Postby grundar » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:59 am

Cirath wrote:
grundar wrote:say anti -> deathknight

Even if we pretend that you don't mean the god-like deathknight from the monster manual that DMs have made me fear for years, they can't possibly make APs formidable. It just isn't allowed.

no i dont mean the god-like one ofcourse but taking a page from that particular mob have its features in a balanced way.. what i was talking about was kinda along the lines of the necro->lich remort

something to look forward to but considering drawbacks im not well versed in d&d lore but you understand what i mean
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:14 pm

Hand Off - Ability to give/receive !drop weapons with another player while standing at an Inn...Wouldn't work with cursed items, non-weapons.

Would be nice to be able to trade !drop weapons with other players at an Inn without having to do the usual de-equip and quit routine. Don't see why this would be a problem if limited to weapons flagged !drop. I like how you can use storage to move a !drop item from one alt to another, would also be nice if there was a more convient way to do this from player to player. :)
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Mirlantharn
Sojourner

Postby Mirlantharn » Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:58 am

Perhaps a "toss <item> to <character>" command? perhaps with a "catch" command to follow through with the passing of the item in the next round of combat, and the item perhaps end up on the floor in the 2nd round if not caught?
Interesting thought: if the intended recipient isn't fighting (ie, kinda like at the "doorway" that the recipient had just entered the room by), the item goes flying past them and into the next room....
Perhaps could have the characters inbetween the two be able to catch the item during the same round as the recipient (ie, first full round).

Just a continuance of the last suggestion...

Mirlantharn
Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:27 am

Mirlantharn wrote:Perhaps a "toss <item> to <character>" command? perhaps with a "catch" command to follow through with the passing of the item in the next round of combat, and the item perhaps end up on the floor in the 2nd round if not caught?
Interesting thought: if the intended recipient isn't fighting (ie, kinda like at the "doorway" that the recipient had just entered the room by), the item goes flying past them and into the next room....
Perhaps could have the characters inbetween the two be able to catch the item during the same round as the recipient (ie, first full round).

So, what happens if you throw a great big sword at someone in a single file room and they don't catch it? Is it embedded in their torso?
Mirlantharn
Sojourner

Postby Mirlantharn » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:02 am

Sword Toss into Partner's Torso...
I'd assume that that would be a chance of critically failing the critical. :)~

Mirlantharn
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:03 am

A hardcoded bidding system to accompany glist. Something like every item in glist has a number, group leader turns bidding on, players bid number, leader closes bidding, MUD generates a list of who bid what for leader.

Considering bidding is such a major facet of this game it would be way cool if there was something to compliment it other then mmail and tells.

// Post Count +1

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”