Best overall Zone

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Joth
Sojourner

Best overall Zone

Postby Joth » Wed Mar 07, 2001 7:35 pm

I was wondering what zone do people think is the best, IE: Writing & Atmosphere, difficult (harder the better), amout of balanced EQ.
Mikar
Sojourner

Postby Mikar » Wed Mar 07, 2001 7:49 pm

Jotunheim by far Image

Great zone for exp
-giants and trolls, RAR!
Great zone for rare loads
-Olaf
-Kostch
-Valkyrie
-Dragon-guit
Great zone for equipment
-Fireweed
-Nightshade
-Mithril Axe
-Torque
-Skull Earring
Great zone for spam
-Second gate house
Great zone for being able to finish in a timely fashion
-Speed Jot (tm)
Great zone for when Invasion loads
-Spam galore! Twilight! Surtur! Spike gaunts!
Great zone for a variety of challenges
-Dragon fight
-Loki and Jarls
-Thrym and mages
-Gatehouses
Mildy enjoyable eq splits (if that is possible)
-Everyone gets at least something

Jot rules Image
Joth
Sojourner

Postby Joth » Wed Mar 07, 2001 7:52 pm

Heheh yeah jot does rule hmm maybe I should top 3 zones Image.

Mine are:
1. Jotenhiem,
2.Myrtherieaiadksdlkjasld (forgot how to spell),
3. Draconia (even though only lead once and told myself not going back Image
Averyn
Sojourner

Postby Averyn » Wed Mar 07, 2001 8:10 pm

1. Jotenhiem
2. Myrtherieaiadksdlkjasld (forgot how to spell)
3. Draconia (even though only lead once and told myself not going back

Myranthea and Dragonnia? Image

i like
Jotunheim (battle, eq, rares)
Griffon's Nest (quests, eq, rares)
Tarsellian Forest (battle, eq)

AD
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Wed Mar 07, 2001 8:12 pm

Hive of the Manscorpions/Seer Library.

- the toughest zone
- absolutely stunning story
- coolest battles
- spankiest equipment.
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Wed Mar 07, 2001 8:15 pm

Hands down, Jotunheim. Mikar said most of what is great about it, and I didn't see too many other zones quite like it.

Cave City would come in a close second for me. I always thought that zone was fun and there weren't too many places you could fall asleep there (and live).

Hats off to whoever wrote Jot.

Wobb/Vurad/Dror
santego
Sojourner

Postby santego » Wed Mar 07, 2001 8:25 pm

I kinda liked unermountain2.
-tons of mobs running around with loads of eq, nobody knew why
-rumors abounding about all the crap in there that hadn't been done (what the hell was the Vortex?! Did anyone "do" it?!?).
-Every time I logged on, Zortan or someone would send me a tell like, "woah! guess what WE found!".
My "favorite zone", though not really up to the standards of Jot or anything, would be the "Temple of Dumathoin". Lots of crap in there that doesn't make any sense Image Makes me think either 1) it doesn't make sense period, or 2) I haven't finished making sense of it. So that's why I keep going back...
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Wed Mar 07, 2001 8:42 pm

i thought manscorps/seerkings was lame. it was well written sure, but it wasnt fun. it was just a bunch of fights you had to gag or you'd get disconnected :P
it just dindt have the fun factor that other zones did.
Ulnd
Sojourner

Postby Ulnd » Wed Mar 07, 2001 8:45 pm

I can't believe nobody has said podville
{boggle}

Look at what you got in there...
apples
oranges
corn
even peas
oh also a goatskin backpack
and even a chest for storage

What is the matter with you people

But seriously, the best zone is jot. For reason mentioned above.

Oh, vault deserves recognition as an easier eq zone. It can be done with relatively few and doesn't very long at all. There is almost no chance of a ruined cr. Although malice could use a little better eq than that belt.

Ulnd/Folrath
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Mar 07, 2001 8:55 pm

Scorn isn't very badly written either.. The ansi is hard on the eyes, though.

My top notch vote has to be for Jot, tho. I have yet to see it's equal.

Mal
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Wed Mar 07, 2001 9:03 pm

Yeah but the scorn eq got SUVERELY downgraded and left with almost no reason to do scorn eq. Well there was always the tatterd silken sack.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Mar 07, 2001 9:05 pm

That's one thing I never understood.. I can understand downgrades, but massively downgrading stuff is kinda.. I dunno.. counterproductive. You 'massively' downgrade something so it is useless or close to it, you effectively kill interest in a zone. I don't know what happened to Scorn stuff personally, but just commenting in general.

It was my biggest, by far, pet peeve of Sojourn, Toril, and Soj2.

Mal
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed Mar 07, 2001 9:41 pm

Its hard to beat Jot (invasion) for amount of equipment, and overall tank fun (remember a few times where the mages died too fast, and we spent a long damn time just switching tanks to let the clerics keep up Image for some spectacular wins). But for intresting you can't short change Skull-tarith (however you spell it), always been a big fan of water Image, and those greenish rooms rocked.
For Exp->demi rocks, good xps, more fun/danger than wizzies, and the occasional rareload 'Hey whats this beholder doing here!' Image
Belle

How about the worst zone? Image
Let's just say Im glad IC2 is coming in, because I couldn't be more bored of a zone...(not because its a poor zone (its cool in moderation), just been done way to much Image
Useless-> nizrath(sp?) that city way way south that only had 2 items in it, and the only reason people visited was for the windsong piece (need to explore again this time Image, Place needs some help to make it more usefull.
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Wed Mar 07, 2001 9:48 pm

You are all wussies Image My favorite zone had to be Cave City. Even if you were well prepared and had an awesome group, there was still the potential for a major spank. And all it took was one of the mobs to word out, and then start summoning people to start the slow wittling away at your group size Image

CR in CC was always a pain when you were nekkid Image

Lyt

PS. Other than the ebony longsword, I thought the eq was pretty lame (except adamantite earring when it loaded.)
Mikar
Sojourner

Postby Mikar » Wed Mar 07, 2001 11:07 pm

The zone down south was Nizari.

And I actually enjoyed the zone. Pain in the ass finding the thief with the key. Then unlocking the gates and making your way to the Cloak of Shadows (used to be 15ac +2 hit monkable). After they took the item out though, the zone sucked Image

I agree with Malacar. There were some fun zones. . .like Southern Forest, Scornubel, etc that became useless because of the downgrades. Let us use Southern Forest as an example. The dragon breastplate, velvet boots, flaming enshrouded earring, etc were real cool. Why downgrade? Yeah the boots were a joke to get and they should have been downgraded or moved, but instead the whole zone was nerfed.

Top 3. . .

1. Jotunheim
2. Cave City
3. Astral (when Juib & Demo were worth killing)

In general, I find some of the most enjoyable zones the ones that are difficult, and thus do not repop. Fun clearing a whole zone or most of it. More sense of accomplishment and adventure as opposed to aimlessly hacking and slashing or skimming a zone for the equipment.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Wed Mar 07, 2001 11:33 pm

I have to agree with Saitcho, manscorps was about the most boring zone I ever went through.

Hmmm.. these would be my fun zones:

1a. Jotunheim (always something to do)
1b. Tarsellian Forest (Jot on prime, nuff said)
3. Roots (if you're doing the 1ways)
4. Troll King (if you're doing the 1way)

Jurdex
Tanras
Sojourner

Postby Tanras » Thu Mar 08, 2001 12:20 am

I liked CC and Crypts. . .If you had a good group, they were quick and chalenging(unless you went after Q, then it took longer). If you had dimwits, you had a hell of a cr on your hands especially in CC after the level 51 ghouls were introduced to evade protection from undead.

Tanras/Gunger
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Mar 08, 2001 1:15 am

Most fun:
1. Astral 2. Jot 3. TF
Honorable mention: Troll king, Demi-plane.

Most over-rated:
1. IC Vault 2. Crypts 3. Tiamat
Honorable mention: roots.

funnest exp zones:
1. Jot 2. Tower 3. TF

I didn't play much last wipe so I don't know the newer zones such as manscorps.

Corth

[This message has been edited by Corth (edited 03-07-2001).]
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Mar 08, 2001 1:22 am

Valk is not a rareload, enjoy.

Pods before it got its lame change to sedawi owns all as well.
southern forest was kind of fun as was spiderhaunt.
I must say though that the northern part of the mud was very nice..esp ic/gn area with awesome loads like strife and such.

zones i am looking forward to? new brass and menzo!
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Thu Mar 08, 2001 1:50 am

Jot was fun, I especially liked loki/thrym fights.. woo the exp I got.. Image

I really liked crypts (not ansi though Image) because if you knew what you were doing it was possible to do it right and real fast.

I always thought brass was a kick ass fun to hang out in zone...

IC vault, was not overated.. there are several really nice items there.. Image

As gormal would say... enjoy...
Wargar
Sojourner

Postby Wargar » Thu Mar 08, 2001 3:01 am

Most fun:
1) Jot
2) CC
3) Astral (when juib/demo were worth it)

Most over-rated:
1) Roots
2) Vault
3) Jabber zone (TF if I remember?)

Most boring:
1) Tiamat
2) That dragon zone with that haste crown :P
3) That dragon zone with volo boots! (get the point?)

Best exp:
1) Jot grid
2) Bloodstone
3) CC xp!

Biggest waste of disk space:
1) Bloodstone graveyard
2) Svalich woods
3) Tiamat!

However, most fun ever had in any zone in my years on sojourn:
1) Undermountain! At level 15 as a solo assassin new to diku mud and lost in UM.. well the environment is unreal and the challenge made it my best experience ever :P

Wargar/Sarlend (also never been to manscorps)
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Thu Mar 08, 2001 8:22 am

I have never been to maniscorp either, looking forward to it.

UM/UM2 were really boring for me, not sure why ppl liked it--other than a fleeting semblance to a traditional dungeon crawl.

Jot is up there, but I must have done it over 200 times, which becomes a bit boring; the exception being Invasion, which is the_best_zone, period (pardon my warrior bias).

CC was always fun--single file fighting with 3 warriors trading the tank spot. Lots of rescuing. Q rocked--I'll fight any dragon heh.

CC was also fun as a monk--feigned death on more than one occasion, of course they always got you in the end, but it's funny as hell.

As far as the summon thing, they do away with !summon items? We generally had a good supply of these, so wasn't a problem. Only problem was repop... Whoever mentioned this as being the zone with the highest spank probablity was right, but that uncertainty factor made it pretty cool.

I kind of liked skuttergul also. Used to be great with 3-4 man groups *blub*

Always like Marshal Glut (sp?) even though the eq was crappy, just liked doing it.

Moonshaes, the palace I liked a lot--another small group zone. Good warrior stuff. Also the moving hallway was very amusing.

I liked Hell also--guess that's getting changed for S3, but pretty cool. Lot of cocky groups got bitch-slapped by asmodeus hehe. The lich was great also.

Why also this anti-tiamat talk? Tiamat kicks ass. I remember a couple times where Kor came in with his bow and arrows to help out heh. I think the main thing about this zone is, you know you're going to die, so you get over it and do it. Not a zone for the faint of heart. Side Tiamat is the hardest mob in the game, and killing it is gratifying in its own right.
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Thu Mar 08, 2001 9:00 am

My top 3 for fun:
1. Toril's New Cave City (with single file, back when necros had enough pride not to twink the first floor equip with protection from undead & invis)
2. Jotunhiem
3. No other zone in the game came close, for me.

Tiamat blew. "Worst....zone.....ever...unh!"
Well the baby red part was pretty fun and actually required some skill. Send me home after that. Tiamat herself? The gods say that large group sizes were ruining the MUD, but instant-death procs only promote redundancy, bringing more ppl than you think you need. PWK the PWK!

Mplor

[This message has been edited by Mplor (edited 03-08-2001).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu Mar 08, 2001 9:05 am

Manscorps ruled. If you are warrior and you want to prove you are WORTH a twilight next invasion run, prove it here. Lotsa rescuing. Some quests and rareloads too. Not worth it for the eq (awesome xp tho Image) until you hit Seer Kings with its quests. Great stories and ANSI too.

Jot rules, great zone. Invasion is the coolest.

Skerrt-Gul was nice, good ANSI too.

Not a zone, but I always _loved_ Ghore. Dirty and slimy, I swear it was written by a real troll.

Yath Oloth was great too.

Bloodstone was awesome, along with Hyssk.

Demi was fun.

Tiamat sucked. Boring and nothing but a huge xp drain.
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Thu Mar 08, 2001 9:11 am

Mplor,

I agree with the PWK. If anything, Tiamat shouldn't get unlimitted PWKs. Even high lvl lich mobs (in 3E) only memorize one of these.

I guess I just enjoyed the company. It was a grim task, but done with good friends and guild-mates, it's a great time. Must have killed her 15 or so times, never got tired of it.
Tagad
Sojourner

Postby Tagad » Thu Mar 08, 2001 10:21 am

Number One with a bullet. Jot.

The zone was fun not only because there was phat l3wtz, but because you could expect something a little different on your trip through the zone. Ymir, Kost, Olaf, The Troll Shamans, Mr White Dragon, The Planetar, The Valk, Ancient Rhemorhaz, Whatshisface the One Eyed...

Even without the rares, you really didnt know exactly what was going to be 1E of you or 1N or what would wander in and join in the next battle. The zone had the element of randomness without being completly random and lame.

Invasion added a frenzied pace to Jot as well, it really did keep you on your toes. I dont know what you guys are talking about "From a warrior bias". Invasion was way way way way super ridiculace cool as a cleric (When you only took 2 clerics and no more then 3, but that was the entire mud in general).

For number twos I really cant lock one zone down. New Cave city was a blast regardless of my race, doing the one way using Deregan with Kanthas and Krolb or Nangar was... very very nice exp Image

There are a variety of zones which you have all listed out, but I think one is being unfairly overlooked! FLAMES! C'mon flames was fun! Yea yea I know someones going to say, but it was just a bunch of lame silence fights! But it could be so much more fun! It was something that people didnt do all that often until the Windsong/SilverBands quests went in, but it was one heck of a zone really. The Warlord of Flames r0x0Rz you.

Roots the first few times when it was able to put the fear of god into us...

The entire old school Underdark Route, Duergar to Sniverbellies, Kua Toa then on to the Purple worm and Drow...

Another top condender for my number two would be Brass. Back in the day there was a very good possibility of failure and a very very long and desperate CR. It was a totaly different experince on Deregan as well... slightly easier with Bodyslam on the efreeti, but much more dangerous with one Cleric that could res...

I still vividly remember my first trip there as a level 39ish cleric when some elf cleric(Thanks Tess) felt sorry for me and invited me to go to with them (It did help that they were short on clerics at the time because the Prophet of Doom was taking a break..) Grouped with those people until the day Toril went down...

Tagad Sigil
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Thu Mar 08, 2001 10:45 am

flames heh, well there's that one dragon fight in flames (as I recall) that is fun.

Purple worm was never popular with warriors at least b/c he'd eat ya. Only time I did da worm was to help with *** quest.

Always like fighting that ogre guarding the way down to UD though.

Would be nice if more of UD were accessable to good races.

P.S. The warrior bias for invasion is obviously the hope that you'll get Twilight (which I never did...)

[This message has been edited by Ruhr (edited 03-08-2001).]
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Mar 08, 2001 12:54 pm

Yeah, I forgot about underdark. That deserves serious honorable mention for fun. Thats before kou-toa cloak was downgraded. Even after, it was still worth going with a small group. And spider rings are the spankiest.

Corth
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu Mar 08, 2001 1:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corth:
<B>Yeah, I forgot about underdark. That deserves serious honorable mention for fun. Thats before kou-toa cloak was downgraded. Even after, it was still worth going with a small group. And spider rings are the spankiest.

Corth</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, dont forget the stein of kings Image
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Mar 08, 2001 2:33 pm

Favorite zones:

1. Library of Seer Kings. Kickass story, nice items.
2. Tarsellian Forest. I dunno, just liked it.
3. Vault. Soooo many fun groups.

Least favorite:

1. Brass. Bored me to death, long CRs, nothing of any value to a hitter in the entire zone.
2. Manscorps. Talk about a zone a hitter feels useless in, it's tough to be useful with 6 Invokers nuking rooms of mobs at all once Image
3. Demi. Waaaaaay overdone for what little was there.

Never got invited to roots or invasion Image

- Ragorn
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu Mar 08, 2001 2:39 pm

Originally posted by Ragorn:
1. Brass. Bored me to death, long CRs, nothing of any value to a hitter in the entire zone.

I seem to recall quite a lot of popular hitter eq from brass.. Flamberge, Amethyst Rings etc..

<B>2. Manscorps. Talk about a zone a hitter feels useless in, it's tough to be useful with 6 Invokers nuking rooms of mobs at all once Image
</B>

Well, I bet you still tank a few times better than an invoker, so rescuing in scorps was what the hitters I grouped with liked Image

<B>3. Demi. Waaaaaay overdone for what little was there.
</B>
I assume you never did the quests there Image

/Jegzed
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu Mar 08, 2001 2:49 pm

Roots sucks.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Thu Mar 08, 2001 3:05 pm

My favorite zone was the Calimshan Desert, especially back when there was wind. Really. Honest. Image
Elscint
Sojourner

Postby Elscint » Thu Mar 08, 2001 3:27 pm

Top 3 Most Fun for me:
1. Invasion (This took real skill, something that could turn incredibly ugly)
2. Cave City (Again due to repop, and summon, took real skill and could turn incredibly ugly)
3. Normal Jot (rares for variety, and the mighty ~ is what did it for me)

Top 3 Most Over-rated (sorta like the michigan wolverines football team) *GO BADGERS*
1. Tiamat
2. That zone you did for hours on end so that 1/4 of your group could get really spanky items.
3. I don't think I can stress this enough, the zone was won not by skill but sort of like the civil war, how many bodies can you toss onto the field?

Top 3 "safe" exp zones
1. Jot Grid (relatively safe, few items for the group, easy CR if someone messed up)
2. UD Duergar Encampment (relatively safe, few items for the group, and so long as you remember to drop the keys easy CR if someone messed up)
3. The old ship exp! take the justice off the ships!

Elscint Hairytoes (The Halfling Sorcerer)
Luke
Faerwynd
Sojourner

Postby Faerwynd » Thu Mar 08, 2001 4:01 pm

Hey all those zones are great! But being an AD&D fan (and I know tons of you are too) my heart and my vote goes to the only true DUNGEON in the MUD.

Undermountain!

(yeah UM2 too)

Hehe, Wargar, I too got lost in there once as a low level player and the escape was classic AD&D! God, what fun. Who remembers the first time they ever bumped into the three lost adventurers? Remember how l33t their eq looked? Man I could go on and on.
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Fri Mar 09, 2001 5:40 am

Wouldn't mind seeing more race specific zones. Like a hill giant cavern on prime, or an ogre camp. Or some more classic dungeon crawls (didn't like UM, bored me to death...).
God knows there's a wealth of material to work with--over a quarter century of fantasy role playing.

Perhaps with the inclusion of merchant code, warriors could sign on with NPC caravans with scripted encounters (e.g. bandits), for a little more interesting experience session. Perhaps it could be hard coded so only players within a certain level range could sign up for each particular caravan, to prevent utter spanks or abuse by high lvl players.

[This message has been edited by Ruhr (edited 03-09-2001).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Mar 09, 2001 8:28 am

UM/UM2 were always a huge pain in the behind to do... hahaha.

We'd be like "ok uhm guys, we need to get tanras item X for quest Y, and it's somewhere down there". Followed by hours of randomly stomping around same-name same-desc rooms until we find it, then looking for a way out.

Then I mapped it, and it became a lot easier. =)
Galzar
Sojourner

Postby Galzar » Fri Mar 09, 2001 9:40 am

come on guys you forgot about gobby caves. LOL
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Mar 10, 2001 3:23 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jegzed:
I seem to recall quite a lot of popular hitter eq from brass.. Flamberge, Amethyst Rings etc..</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, those are both tank items. Rangers couldn't use the flamberge (too heavy) and hit/dam rings were far preferable to hit point rings for the amount of tanking I did. And how many people bid the amy on every run anyway Image And the wings were evil only.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Well, I bet you still tank a few times better than an invoker, so rescuing in scorps was what the hitters I grouped with liked Image</font>

Mmmm.. ranger rescue Image Waelos and I did our best down there, but I averaged maybe a rescue every fight, if that.

<B> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
I assume you never did the quests there Image
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Course I did Image Goodies just ran it every boot, day in and day out.

- Ragorn
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sat Mar 10, 2001 6:36 am

Hey I gotta correct ya Ragorn. The Griffon Wings from Brass were like the only nobits fly item in the game if i remember correctly.

It was the gossamer wings of the faerie dragon that were evil only.

Lyt
Cortek
Sojourner

Postby Cortek » Sat Mar 10, 2001 1:47 pm

favoirt zones of all time.....

1. of course hell if maj is leading "i promise we werent get spanked this time"
2. ss why my align still -1000 after 3 days?
3. hell again when the time my apartment was on fire and lost 3 corpses
4. gith when the time white dragon was after me
5. podville after lost 3 golden swords from frojj back at 93 (it was really really awesome back then!!!!! 0:-p~)
6. bs "you sure it is worth it to kill those bloodriders at left?" and the famous "WHO MISSED THE BASH????????"
7. jot city "anyone remember the password to castle?"
8. tower "lets go see if fiend is bashable now"
9. ic "get ready, we pking" *poke malice* "wait, let me get set speedwalk first"
10. "i think we lost.." LOOK AROUND-OCEAN "i think this boat is broken..." LOOK AROUND-MORE OCEAN "we shouldn't buy a boat..." LOOK AROUND-MORE MORE OCEAN AND SOBBING "maybe we can jump out and start swim..." FAINT....exactly what zone is that? :-p~
Uzzel
Sojourner

Postby Uzzel » Sun Mar 11, 2001 9:47 pm

The best Zone in the game most be Hyssk and the jungle around it (With the exeption of the buged perm dark/sil room with no way to get out of).

The Quests in the City and how the Mobs interact with you is done very well. How mobs turn agressive on you when asking them questions you cant follow up with the right words really gets the blood rurshing.

The atmosphere and all the aggresive mobs makes you think twice before talking to, looking at and interacting with the mobs there, but doing so is a reward in it self. The eq mostly looks nice, but unfortunatly it's stats most of the not good enough for people to bother doing the quests twice. Hyssk is allso like a evil hometown should be, DEADLY!

Demiplane is an other Zone I found to be really enjoyable. The fact that 1-2 persons could go up there and spend hours talking to mobs, knowing that things like casting a spell in sight of wrong mob would get you killed.
The quests on Demi allso have a very nice progresstion. Quite a few times I was up there we picked up 1 or 2 more people to do the next step of a quest, ending up with full sized groupes able to go other high level zones.
The EQ stats and descs up there allso made it well worth the time spent, and worth the time needed to search the zone out for rares.

Uzzel
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Mar 12, 2001 5:37 pm

You're all forgetting the (relatively new) Spirit Raven boat!

C'mon, what other zone features a flamboyant cabin boy, a donkey, drunken pirates AND allows silly rangers to lose the entire zone somewhere in the ocean?

Heh. *duck*

-- Shevy
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Mon Mar 12, 2001 6:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shevarash:
<B>You're all forgetting the (relatively new) Spirit Raven boat!
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny story is that I had just gotten my spirit for my ogre shammie the same day that zone went in or so.. Image

And my spirit was a Raven!

/Jegzed
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Mar 13, 2001 5:57 am

Silly rangers?

Isn't that redundant? Image

Jurdex
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Mar 13, 2001 12:45 pm

Tagad-

'flame zone' as in, the one with the casting smoke para's or whatever they were?
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Mar 13, 2001 1:20 pm

Ok, heres a related question: What do y'all like and dislike in a zone?

For instance, I'm a big fan of grids since every time you do the zone its different. I also like strategic battles.. like the soldiers in thrym's camp. What was cool about them was if you did it intelligently, you could kill them with an exp group, but if you did them stupidly, you could get a huge jot army killed. I also liked zones that were spread out with discrete high level sections (e.g. TF).

Your thoughts?

Corth

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”