Errants of Waterdeep [RP Thread]

Discussion concerning the upcoming Toril 2.0 update as well as general 3.5 edition D&D discussion
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:49 am

Thalidyrr keeps chase, ducking and weaving through the forest attempting to run down the human. Thalidyrr glances behind him looking to see if anyone else is giving chase and continues to trek along. He sees no point in yelling after the fleeing human.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:47 pm

The hunt continues, as the two dash through the forest in the fading light. The camp grows more and more distant.

OOC: Con checks!
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:04 pm

moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:22 am

Neither Seret nor Thalidyrr seem winded as they race through the murky twilight. Gradually the woods become denser. With the increased undergrowth, movement is slowed, but it is also harder to keep track of others.

OOC One more Spot check; you can throw in a Listen check if you'd like.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:42 am

Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:47 am

After several minutes of not seeing his quarry, Thalidyrr realizes that he has somehow lost track of Seret in the wilderness.

OOC Survival check to make it back to camp.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:55 am

Thalidyrr stops, and catches his breath having lost sight of Seret and begins to move his way back to camp.

Survival Check (1d20=15)
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:15 pm

Several minutes later, the elven monk reappears on the fringes of camp.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:57 pm

Thalidyrr walks back into the camp, noticing the halfling still snoozing, and the fact no one else seems to have moved, he walks back to his tree sits down and closes his eyes, waiting for dawn.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:02 am

Khaiden looks at the monk silently, shrugs his shoulders at him.

"I tried shooting a missile at him, but I couldn't make him out well enough in the darkness," the half-elf mutters softly.

"He'll be back. We have his ball," he said with a slightly mischievous grin.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:25 pm

The night passes uneventfully. Dawn breaks, bright and full of promise, casting the valley of Crushk in pale and brilliant hues that make the violence of the previous night seem far away.

OOC: For wolves and RP, everyone gains 300xp. I believe everyone's current total is 2300xp.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:47 pm

Birile wakes slowly, stretching his arms and giving a big yawn. A good night's sleep as always! His first thought is for breakfast. He bounds out of the tent to wake everyone.

"Wake up, comrades! Let's get this day started--and no better way than with a hearty meal!"
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:28 pm

Thalidyrr rises to his feet and joins the waking group, "We should be off, cooking and eating here would not be wise as we've already been attacked by wolves once and" he glances at Tasan, "our one lead to our attack as run off."

"Anyone disagree?"
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:03 pm

Birile looks at the monk and replies, "What do you mean our one lead has run off?"
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:15 am

Khaiden arises from his slumber, untucking his legs from a meditative stance.

"Well, we slept here. I don't see what harm there is in eating while we're all awake and coherent."

Khaiden shrugs and turns to pack his things.

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:26 pm

Tasan packs up his belongings before sitting down and patiently waiting.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:54 pm

Dwylt continues to snore, oblivious to the world around him.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:22 pm

"The lead to why we were attacked, and by whom." He points the the snoozing dwarf, "This one as of yet has to reveal anything of substance, and the one promising lead we had was allowed to escape."

He sighs and takes a seat back against his tree and waits "But, if it's breakfast you all wish, we can eat then be off. Just, someone try to wake the dwarves."
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:11 pm

Still a little confused but more interested in eating, Birile shrugs and plops himself down beside the snoring Dwylt, nudges the dorf and says, "Time for breakfast!" and pulls out some rations to settle in for his morning meal.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:29 pm

Dwylt abruptly bolts up, screaming a thousand curses at the spawn of Gruumsh, before he takes note of his surroundings and realizes where he is.

"Oh," he says. "Slep' like a log. Breakfast, is it?"
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:55 pm

After a hearty meal, the party pushes on to Minthka, arriving at the small village without incident. Peddlers hawk their wares in stalls off the village square, and cloth-swaddled children stare wide-eyed at the adventurers in their midst, while parents tug them aside to give the strangers a wide berth. A few armor-clad guards wearing a motley assemblage of mail and leather nod in a friendly way as the party passes by.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:58 pm

Birile turns to his comrades and says, "Well, laddies, I'll be back in a bit. I'm going to wander around and try to find a good weapon shop to take this shortsword I snagged off my hands. I'm also interested in trying to find a little bit o' info on this Esroh character so we can find him and get back to the 'Deep to collect our wages!"

With that, Birile bounds off toward the main vendor area.

OOC:

Gather Information on Esroh (1d20+3=23)

Natural 20 baby!
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:21 pm

Tasan casually wanders away from the main group as the Halfling speaks, heading towards the butcher shop.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:46 am

Khaiden wrings his sweaty hands together, wiping them on his breeches.

He looks at Thalidyrr and shrugs his shoulders.

'I'd like to see that ball again, if I may. I assure you it's harmless. I'll explain in further detail once I can glean a bit of information about the thing.'

He looks behind him at the two dwarves.

'Those two are awful quiet, especially the Morndinsamman.'

Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:30 am

Thalidyrr stares at Khaiden a moment, nods, and slips his pack off retrieves the sphere and walks over to him. "Be careful with this, we saw what it did last time." He hands over the ball and continues "What do you have in mind?"
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:06 pm

"In mind...," Khaiden repeats the last two words with a soft chuckle.

"That's exactly what this thing is all about. It possesses some sort of latent psionic abilities."

He spins the ball in his palm, looking at the light's reflection off its surface.

"I've some training on the subject, but I've never put my mind to that sort of use. People with this sort of ability aren't as welcome as say, your average magic user."

He looks around and covers the ball back up, stuffing it in his pack.

"When we have time, I'll see what this thing is capable of or capable of unlocking. Right now we have to find this hermit. Of course," he says with a casual glance towards the dwarves, "this means that all of us will have to see what we can find out."

Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:58 pm

Thalidyrr nods and begins to stroll about town, glancing about as he does looking for an epicenter with people to see if anything can be over heard, glancing at the busy halfling as he continues his stroll through the village.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:55 pm

Dwylt, for his part, seems to be brooding.

For the price of a few performances to wide-eyed village children, Birile discovers that Esroh comes to town very rarely. He was last seen in town about a month ago, and he spoke to the village magician before disappearing back into the wilds.

Thalidyrr overhears a few guards talking about nothing in particular. Apparently some merchant convoys have been raided lately.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue May 01, 2007 1:52 pm

Having discovered what little information there is to know about Esroh, Birile heads off to talk with the village magician to see if he can learn anything further about the hermit.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon May 07, 2007 3:31 pm

Apparently Esroh spends a lot of time gathering herbs, mixing medicines, and crafting a few odd items. The village magician admits to making a profit off of being his middleman, but asserts that the hermit has benefited from someone looking out for his interests in town.

Further digging turns up the admission that Esroh rarely needs anything from town, though when he does, the magician does his best to comply. His last order was for dog's tails, a fact that the magician found very strange, but he has learned better than to question the hermit, for his explanations rarely make sense.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon May 07, 2007 3:59 pm

Birile ponders the information the magician imparts, realizes it's a little too heady for him and shrugs.

"So, um... could you point me to where Esroh takes up his hermit practice?" the bard asks, itching to get on with things.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri May 18, 2007 5:01 pm

"Certainly I can point you in the right direction, though I'm not sure exactly where he lives myself. He's always come in from east of here, near the start of the Black Griffon Road. The road itself is long and runs all the way east to the coast, or so I'm told, but I'd be surprised if he lives on the far end.

"Oh, he does wander from time to time to gather herbs. So even if you find where he's living he mightn't be there."

Meanwhile, Tasan completes a circuit of the village and concludes that, disturbingly, there is no butcher's shop. There is only a very sparsely furnished grocer's store, a blacksmith, a bakery, and a magician's shop. The village has no general goods store, such items being divided between the grocer's and the blacksmith's.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri May 18, 2007 5:37 pm

Thalidyrr finishes a circuit of the village and returns near the entrance finding the halfling. "I suppose you found something? I haven't found much of anything."
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri May 18, 2007 11:10 pm

As the others wander off, Khaiden notices the apprehension and tension in the village at the group's presence. So while the others investigate, he takes it upon himself to entertain the youth of the village by performing various cantrips.

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri May 18, 2007 11:12 pm

While entertaining the village youth, Khaiden's eyes wander back to the ball, and his mind begins focusing its concentration on the cantrips, adding more dazzle to them.

Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun May 20, 2007 7:51 pm

Tasan swings back by the group and adds a few comments of his own.

"Can you believe there isn't a decent meat shop in this entire hovel?! As if the entire place were filled with hunters and ... oh that is a very lovely young maiden there..."

He promptly follows the lady saying something about being back soon.

Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon May 21, 2007 1:31 pm

Birile nods at the monk's query.

"The hermit seems to be something of an herbalist, mixing medicines and the like. He was last here for some dog's tails, and probably lives to the east of here. We should probably head out soon before Tasan gets us into some trouble with a local father or two..."
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed May 23, 2007 5:31 pm

Khaiden's prestidigitations cause a small crowd to gather, children dragging reluctant parents to watch. "Och, it's like a festival," Khaiden overhears one father say. "First a wandering minstrel, now a magician!"

Meanwhile, Tasan follows the young girl towards her house. As he takes in his bearings, he realizes that she seems headed to an especially run-down area of the village, where windowless huts have dirt floors.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Wed May 23, 2007 11:46 pm

"Indeed, we should leave soon." He looks around for the others, "Did you see where Tasan went? I can spot Khaiden easily enough with the crowd of children." He pauses, looking around for signs. "I suppose we should go look for him.'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu May 24, 2007 2:24 am

Surveying the area with a keen eye, Tasan rounds quickly about the girl's flank and coughs audibly in her direction.

"'Scuse me there, lass. I'm new to these parts and I could use a bit of fun, if it do ye."

moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri May 25, 2007 8:24 pm

Over in the dirty part of Minthka, the girl blushes and attempts a curtsy, clearly embarrassed. "I - I don't know, sir," she says uncertainly. "There's really nothing to do in the village."
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue May 29, 2007 5:46 am

Tasan muses a second before slyly replying, 'Well then where can we find a bit of fun... excitement perhaps? As much as this town may not have much to offer, it still has something. And I might say you are quite the something yourself.'

He smiles grandly at the girl and gives a quick wink, all the while fingering the hilt of the sword at his side.

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:51 am

Khaiden cocks one ear in the father's direction, unsure if he's inferring to the halfling or not.

"'Scuse me sir," he says through bouts of juggling eight magically conjured fireballs at once, "did you say a minstrel? Was it the half-pint?"

He lets each fireball drop into his shirt, and as the puffs of smoke waft from the garment, he acts as though he is aflame, slapping at his chest frantically.

Suddenly, reaches into his shirt, pulling out eight copper pieces. He looks at them curiously, then throws them into the crowd.

"Guess money really does burn a hole in your pocket!" he exclaims with a wide-toothed grin.

moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:44 pm

Tasan wrote:Tasan muses a second before slyly replying, 'Well then where can we find a bit of fun... excitement perhaps? As much as this town may not have much to offer, it still has something. And I might say you are quite the something yourself.'

He smiles grandly at the girl and gives a quick wink, all the while fingering the hilt of the sword at his side.

Alas for the amorous swordsman, the meaning of his words appears to be lost on their uneducated target. The girl shrieks with fright when he touches his sword, and attempts to dart off.

Meanwhile, Khaiden manages to work the children into a near-riot with the money. Frantically, they scramble to claim the copper pieces. It is all the parents can do to keep fighting from breaking out.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:06 pm

Birile feigns a sigh of exasperation and says to Khaiden, "Leave the entertaining to the professionals, eh? I'd think we'd try to keep a low profile considering..."

Birile turns to the horde of children and anxious parents and, in an attempt to bring order to the growing mayhem, begins to sing a song of a bumbling mage who, in the end, is the cause of his own silly demise.

As he sings he makes eye contact with Khaiden and nods, as if to say "Thank you, I'll take it from here."
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:48 pm

Tasan smirks, rolls his eyes and decides perhaps that he was better off without that particular headache. He surveys the area a bit more, taking time to search for anything odd.

Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:52 pm

Thalidyrr continues to pace, and faintly hears a womans scream. He looks around, trying to find the general direction and goes over to the halfling after he's done calming the masses. "Did you hear that? That can't be good."

He points off the direction of the scream, "That's not where our friendly fighter wandered off to, is it?"
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:59 am

Khaiden smirks at the halfling.

"He only plays if you tip him!" the half-elf exclaims before walking away, not bothering to look and see the inevitable reactions of the village children.

moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:50 pm

Though several people peek out of their homes at the shriek, they quickly look away or decide to be elsewhere when they see a man with a sword belted on, standing alone in the middle of the street.

After a bit of looking around, Tasan realizes that not much will likely interest him in the poor section of Minthka. A passing farmer tips his hat and asks if he is perhaps seeking a blacksmithy, or the village magic shop.

Meanwhile, Birile manages to bring a semblance of order to the raucous crowd, forestalling the tiny ones from rioting. The parents smile appreciatively and relax visibly.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:31 pm

The crowd under control, Birile ends his song and bids adieu to the locals.

He turns to Thalidyrr and exclaims, "Let's get Khaiden and find Tasan. I don't know what that shriek was but I think it's time we made our way out of Minthka before we attract much more attention to ourselves."

Return to “Toril 2.0 Discussion”