My last memory of sojourn

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Blung
Sojourner

My last memory of sojourn

Postby Blung » Mon Feb 05, 2001 6:44 am

My last memory of Sojourn was the big battle with Tiamat - (Evils 2nd crack at her). I remember Evils have 2 group total between 25-35 players or so, spend at least 10+ hrs trying to take out tiamat's Liar. It was a true bloodbath. The CR, the resses, the frustrations, and the crashes. At the end, we fail miserably. Only time we came close to killing tiamat was our 1st run, I recall Miax was in the room and keep us inform of tiamat's HP. We were about 4k away from kill it. So close, but so far away!
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Mon Feb 05, 2001 12:48 pm

My last memory was me getting lvl 39 w/ my lil trollie then watching as he was taken away.

-Z
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Mon Feb 05, 2001 2:27 pm

Exping my troll shaman to 1230 am, knowing I'm going to be draggin ass at my meeting in the morn. Got him to level 20, level anytime notch. Planned to come home early the next day and get my level and totem, but instead got the "end of an era" screen. WHAAAH.

At least my wife brought chicken noodle soup and tended to my wounds for a week. :P

Azz
Uggrur
Sojourner

Postby Uggrur » Mon Feb 05, 2001 6:28 pm

The tiamat battles were awesome :). I never really cared that we didnt beat her, it was cool that we were doing it.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Feb 05, 2001 8:45 pm

Last memory? CRing till 4am from a wrong portal to the middle of GN!

*mutters something about a waste of time*
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Mon Feb 05, 2001 9:56 pm

Heh... my last memory is just missing the south gate of WD closing and being stuck outside. Kinda metaphoric really...

Sarvis
Rynlaeis
Sojourner

Postby Rynlaeis » Mon Feb 05, 2001 10:38 pm

My last memory is of the tako demon coming up from the bowels of the kobold village on Evermeet to slaughter Faloran and I, several times, and then Faloran's equipment being stuck down in the demon's summoning room.. then us running away while the thing gated to us over and over, killing one of us each gate.. ahh yes..

Then a lot of people were kind and generous and gave Fal better eq than he had before he lost his.. then next time we tried to log on, oop Sojourn is long gone..
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Mon Feb 05, 2001 11:47 pm

The last thing I remember doing was Seer Kings. I had died 7x and ended up not winning my bid. (should have taken it as a foreshadowing)

Nitania -lure that mob E with just one knife plz,...yoke yoke yoke Nitania is DEAD! R.I.P.- Executioner

ps Seer kings ruled as an assassin.
Klosh
Sojourner

Postby Klosh » Mon Feb 05, 2001 11:53 pm

I remember getting twilight then loaning it to Diel while I went on vaction, only to come back and the mud be gone. Fun times.

Klosh

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 06, 2001 12:08 am

Oh do I remember that Tiamat run, I watched a little from the Admin Room then popped in (as Kanun) to see a couple runs at her by the evils. Very impressive! *tip*

When the MUD went down, my troll warrior was exping in BG. Last words across my screen were . . . "Shutdown by Miax."

Bout summed it up.

Rho
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Tue Feb 06, 2001 4:37 am

Last i remember is lookin like that little red face over there!
Hania
Sojourner

Postby Hania » Tue Feb 06, 2001 12:47 pm

I remember getting my first vampire as necro (Anila) and having a blast on the boat exping. I missed grouping with my friends and being part of one of the best guild "The Heart of Flames". *cheer*

Hania/Hanja/Anila
Lithius
Sojourner

Postby Lithius » Tue Feb 06, 2001 6:55 pm

Exploring Fire Plane with a few friends for the last item to get my Windsong. Almost got spanked, had them things running around after us. But it was fun Image

Lithius
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Wed Feb 07, 2001 12:28 am

I was romping around drow town with Tramz's snake, Korin's troll, and Krymon's squid when my computer died and then caught on fire
i got my hands on an old laptop of my dad's and first thing i did was log onto toril to find it had poofed
i actually cried Image

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 07, 2001 2:09 am

Ha, my last memory... walk into the computer lab, sit down, all ready to spend a few hours putting together the skeleton of a random name generator. Go to log in to the box, hrm it's not accepting connections. That's odd. Go to log in D2 on main... "End of an Era".

What? When the hell did that happen?

--D2
Vazzgo
Sojourner

Postby Vazzgo » Wed Feb 07, 2001 7:45 pm

Getting stuck for a bounch of hours with sissak, think was larrsses and a big-moma-troll (can't remember his name!) inside um2 in a closed area with a bounch of balors and other demons, figuring how the heck to get out!!... we were laughing because we had to sacrifice our poor slimy friend in other to save the others, it was a blast Image

[This message has been edited by Vazzgo (edited 02-07-2001).]
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Thu Feb 08, 2001 1:53 am

We were sitting in the Manscorpion Hive one room north of the Hive King's room, having just slain the 6 mobs that load in the room.

Shutdown by Miax.

My first thought: God damnit, I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind if he doesnt kill that room before we log in...sure hope it was a dire emergency. Got on ICQ and messaged everyone I could to tell them to make a login macro to hit '1:east' and if they got hit by one of the 6 repopped manscorpions in the room not to flee cuz they might end up in the hive king lair and what a bitch of a CR. At least we could gate/word/well from 1e of where we were when the mud went down. Then went and fed myself.

At least we went down in style doing the ultimate zone.

Mp
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Feb 08, 2001 9:58 am

Fighting the good fight to get Kildran reinstated. Made some people mad, pissed off a few gods, it didn't really matter in the end.

- Ragorn
Bibbe
Sojourner

Postby Bibbe » Thu Feb 08, 2001 10:17 pm

I remember to log trying to get that last notch for Wraiths with my new tough yuanti necro guy...
I never had wraiths with necro .. bwuah!
Rizzleyi
Sojourner

Postby Rizzleyi » Thu Feb 08, 2001 10:57 pm

My last memories of sojourn where getting my first mithril encrusted belt and i think it was a white-fiery mace, then laughing at Dranak. WOOT! those the good ol days. And for all u people saying whos rizzleyi well only a couple people know (like to keep it that way)

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 09, 2001 1:44 am

I was part of the Mplor group .. and my first reaction to

"Shutdown by Miax"

was .... this is not the testmud. What just happened.

I got the ICQ from Mplor about what to do when the mud came up. I was trying to decide what to do because it was a weeknight and I need to go to work in the morning. Then saw the End of an Era message.

I was sad to see it all end so aburtly. When I look back over the two weeks prior to the End of the Era it had felt like we were finally coming home - to the world of Sojourn / Toril that all we all knew. Having the ability to do the zones we all loved doing once again.

I am looking forward to Sojourn3.

Fayren / Maria
Bregar Blackwolf
Sojourner

Postby Bregar Blackwolf » Sat Feb 10, 2001 2:05 am

My last memory of Sojourn2 is very simple...Thank you all for being a part of Sojourn2, but we are shutting it down and not bringing it back up so no sense in asking us why because our decision is made up!!! Along those lines of course, then the next day I log on only to see We have closed our doors thank you all for being a part of our lives as we have been a part of yours.. Image

Bregar
Taer/Ssil
Sojourner

Postby Taer/Ssil » Sun Feb 11, 2001 9:31 am

I was just sitting in Ix with my squid.. probably the only person in the city hehe.. listening to ooc.
Alban
Sojourner

Postby Alban » Tue Feb 13, 2001 10:01 am

I remember i was exploiting the minibug where I could summon a horse, and then get a horse out of the stables to have 2 at my disposal, then heading to kill some Banite folk.

It was funny, i had just spend almost a week of bugging my university administrator to switch my night class to a day class, i had to fill out about 20 different transition forms. I finally got it all done and the first night I could take advantage of my newly found free time... End of an Era.

Took me 2 weeks to find something to do in my free time...

Alban
therdan
Sojourner

Postby therdan » Tue Feb 13, 2001 4:39 pm

im sure mine was f all beer me.. :P
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Feb 13, 2001 6:14 pm

*beer* Therdan!

- Ragorn
Zhadow
Sojourner

Postby Zhadow » Sat Mar 10, 2001 9:52 am

Hmmm Tia run where evil got spank big time ... baby red dragon woop our arses Image grin ...
Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc
Sojourner

Postby Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc » Sat Mar 10, 2001 12:08 pm

my last memory? sitting in the tar pits cause i wasnt paying attention after just helping a little troll get his stuff back from lizard men. i was listening to the whole Kildran thing on OOC and waiting for a squid or a cleric to get on and get me out. i never did get out, so i thought id log and try later. i didnt have time to play for several days till one day my brother came into my room and said "it looks like sojourn is dead..."

sure enough, it was. needless to say, i wasnt happy. but i am now :)

Cir

[This message has been edited by Cirath Uruxx Kalith etc (edited 03-10-2001).]
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Sat Mar 10, 2001 12:11 pm

Handing Tagad my portable hole, typing /quit.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Tue Mar 13, 2001 11:09 pm

My last recolection was the petty fighting that was going on because of personality conflicts causing a split in the "evil society" was uncalled for and was over stupid SH$! and realy got me depressed so I took a few weeks and was goofing off on a couple of other muds *puke* then I came back to see if the hatred had settled and everyone got back to the way they were all cool and having fun TOGETHER! enjoying the hatred of "YOU" goodies :P
Reconnecting to... in 10..9.8
CRY ITS GONE icqd people WTF HAPPENED!?!?!?! read the boards cryd some more didnt play any games for months....

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”