Any other MMOs that are interesting?

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Dalar
Sojourner

Any other MMOs that are interesting?

Postby Dalar » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:38 pm

As some of you may know, I've been on alot lately. I got a new job and basically couldn't make raid times, so I just quit WoW. I tried LOTRO a few months ago and it's basically a buggy piece of crap. Any suggestions? Toril is fun but without a pwipe, most zones are pointless to do.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:50 pm

most of the mmorpg's on the market today are imported korean trash. it's hard to find a decent one

although, korean mmorpg's are pretty much like toril - grind grind grind, questing optional

so if you'd like to re-create the toril experience with graphics i'd go for rappelz or sword of the new world as your best bets. they are free, but not - if you plan to pvp you'll need to dip into their item malls to be competitive

as for the paying mmorpg's - if you didnt like lotro, you prob wont like anything else out there

city of heroes is fun, but nowhere near as robust as WoW. but if you cant raid...well that's the majority of WoW content so it's a moot point really.

tabula rasa had real promise until this weeks patch - when they pretty much hosed nearly every character class. it has the potential to be an excellent casual mmorpg, but they listened to a vocal minority and not only made it harder, but at the same time nerfed most of the support classes so they can no longer solo passed level 30 (50 level scale). which is too bad, and i hope they undo a lot o fthe changes because the game had real promise as a fun mmorpg that wouldnt require you to schedule your life around to enjoy.

gods and heroes was cancelled two days ago. :( i was looking forward to that one.

pirates of the burning sea should be out soon. from all accounts it's shaping up to be a really good game, and very original.

eq2 has apparantly had some serious overhauls the last two years and is a decent game now too.

eve online is ok, but exploitation of the war declaration system leaves it's playerbase low - and half of them are bots
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:10 pm

I've tried city of heros and EQ2 and neither were as fun as WoW. EQ2 was ok for a while, but the constant grind was annoying. In WoW you could basically solo easily to top level. EQ2 seemed to reqire a lot more grouping (if you wanted to do anything in some semblance of a timely manner). I'll be playing toril until warhammer comes out. I'll check it out, but I doubt it will keep my interest after seeing their pvp (I know it wasn't finished...) Oh wait, didn't I play EQ2 with you for a while? It's been a while...
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:44 pm

City of Heroes is clean, easy fun, but I'm not sure it's for you. The gameplay is very focused on the moment... you go fight bad guys because the combat is immensely fun, not because it's a means to an end or because there's some loot reward you're working towards. In fact, there's very little loot at all. Invention drops are fairly common, and the economy is so inflated that there's nothing you can't buy (given enough cash grinding).

The character development engine is the best in the genre, hands down. Costume design is nice and all, but the powersets are incredibly varied and useful. There are cookie cutter builds and overpowered combinations, but everything's playable... you can't fuck it up too badly (but you play like I do, you'll know the best class combinations before you even install the game). Different powersets within the same class are often so different that they act as a completely unique game experience... sure, Katana and Broadsword are pretty much the same, but a Kinetic/Dark Defender is nothing at all like a Trick Arrow/Archery, and both are completely different from a Forcefield/Psi.

COH is also 100% soloable, unlike most of the asian MMOs. The grind to max level is slightly slower than Warcraft, but much faster than most other PvE grinders.

PvP is present, but sucks. A small handful of self-contained PvP zones with no rules, no rewards, and no point.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:25 pm

I've returned to EQ myself. It still has the best and most challenging raids, plenty of content and they've finally made the game more casual friendly. You can group and skip raiding totally and still do pretty damn well or raid and do better.

The raids themselves go from complex or simple scripts that need to be figured out and worked through or the old fashioned random debuff/aoe zerg fest depending on what you have access to guild-wise.

Literally hundred upon hundreds of quests, better newbie areas progression, plus the exp curve was toned down significantly.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:12 pm

Tanji Smanji wrote:I've returned to EQ myself. It still has the best and most challenging raids, plenty of content and they've finally made the game more casual friendly. You can group and skip raiding totally and still do pretty damn well or raid and do better.

The raids themselves go from complex or simple scripts that need to be figured out and worked through or the old fashioned random debuff/aoe zerg fest depending on what you have access to guild-wise.

Literally hundred upon hundreds of quests, better newbie areas progression, plus the exp curve was toned down significantly.

Regular Eq or EQ2?

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:44 pm

Regular EQ.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:05 pm

Tanji Smanji wrote:Regular EQ.

Check your PM's wanker
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Malvareth
Sojourner

Postby Malvareth » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:18 pm

If WoW is too time-consuming for you, most MMORPGs with similar design and goals likely are, including EQ2 and such. You'll probably have to look into more casual games which, while usually lacking in longevity, can provide some fun. GuildWars isn't bad, especially if you're into competitive PvP. The downside is that you pretty much have to buy four games, and another one every year as another campaign comes out. You can play it without buying all of them but that's not recommended, you'll be useless in PvP and groups.

Aside from the PvP aspect, GuildWars can usually keep a dedicated player entertained for at least a few months. Max level is 20 and laughably easy to reach, but most of the progress comes in the form of skills that you achieve from playing through the game. The PvE game is kinda neat and there are a lot of class/build options, but once you've completed each of the three campaigns then there's not a whole lot to do unless you like farming or repeating content. Equipment is fairly easy to get, and you can get what is considered the best equipment in a month or less; the hard-to-get stuff is just the same items with rarer skins, so unless you're really into how your character looks, you won't have to worry about spending ages gearing up.

PvP is fast-paced and fun, and there are a lot of different kinds. There's no world PvP since everything is instanced, but there are various types of arenas that mostly consist of team vs. team, with anything from 5v5 death matches to mass slugfests with NPCs included. The tangible rewards aren't particularly impressive as you can't win anything that you couldn't otherwise get through PvE (and in a relatively short time), but there's a lot of guild stuff and competitions going on. I liked it because it's not just all about whoever has raided the most to get the l33t gear, and because you can always find PvP when you want and never when you don't. Still, the lack of worthwile rewards can make it a bit stale after a while.

Worth trying if you don't mind shelling out 200 bucks or so for the whole package:

GuildWars Prophecies (the original campaign, kinda slow and mostly empty)
GuildWars Factions (second campaign, some people still play this as it's the one that lets you level up the fastest, and there are some great skills that you can only get from playing through this)
GuildWars Nightfall (the third and latest campaign, this is where most of the players are)
GuildWars Eye of the North (some kind of expansion, not a stand-alone campaign. It came out after I quit so I can't say much about it)
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:50 pm

Guild Wars never clicked for me. Played it before the first expansion, and the PvE is just horrible... 95% of the quests are pointless, offering you only currency (with nothing to buy) or low-quality items you can't use. The PvP just never came together for me. I'm sure it's much better now, but the arenas were very similar to the WoW battlegrounds, and at least in WoW there's leveling and equipment progression and crafting to back up the limited PvP experience.

Dunno, wasn't for me I guess.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Re: Any other MMOs that are interesting?

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:07 pm

Dalar wrote:As some of you may know, I've been on alot lately. I got a new job and basically couldn't make raid times, so I just quit WoW. I tried LOTRO a few months ago and it's basically a buggy piece of crap. Any suggestions? Toril is fun but without a pwipe, most zones are pointless to do.

That reminds me. Anyone know the development status of Spore?
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:59 pm

Llaaldara wrote:
Dalar wrote:As some of you may know, I've been on alot lately. I got a new job and basically couldn't make raid times, so I just quit WoW. I tried LOTRO a few months ago and it's basically a buggy piece of crap. Any suggestions? Toril is fun but without a pwipe, most zones are pointless to do.

That reminds me. Anyone know the development status of Spore?

spore update

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=199
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:41 am

I cant wait for Spore!!!!!!!!!!
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:43 am

I think I spend a greater portion of my WoW time PvPing than I do raiding. The arena system isn't great by any means, but at least its a challenge that nets you rewards at the same time. Battlegrounds are fun if I can snag at least one person to come grind people up.

What exactly are you looking for in an MMO? I guess Warhammer will be an option soon if you want to PvP all the time, but other than WotLK, I don't see much else on he horizon that looks all that great from a PvE standpoint.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:56 am

Dalar - LOTR has smoothed out beautifully.

We just changed serves though cus the one we were on (Landroval) was overpopulated with brats.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:41 pm

i was reading up on the lotro changes

i played lotro fromearly beta until about 2 months after launch. i mostly played lore-masters and the total nerfing of that class just a few weeks before open beta pissed me off (oddly, tabula rasa has just done the same thing - nerfed their support classes to uselessness in a game that doesnt actually need support and 3 weeks before release) and i fought like hell on live and on isenguard (i was invited to play on the private internal test server) to bring about some of the handful of improvements to lore-masters before i got kinda bored with the game overall. i got bored because i was able to see all the content in the game on the isenguard server, and some things regular players would never be able to see. kinda..sucked the fun out of the live game

but i see ther have been changed. lore-masters still suck, but minstrels finally got a sorely needed soloing buff. i might have to turn one of my accounts back on and check it out
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:43 pm

When I played, everyone on the /who list was a Minstrel. Every other class is more or less a direct ripoff of its WoW equivalent, so Minstrel is your only option if you're looking for something new and original.

I mean... Champions(?) even use combo points. Seriously?
- Ragorn
Colje
Sojourner

Eve-online

Postby Colje » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:51 pm

Try eve-online, been there for the last 3 years...got all aspects you want.

Both pve and pvp. Its heavily on the pvp side, just imagine alliances that contains 3k+ players ...fleet fights with almost 1k players fighting eachother with FLEET COMMANDERS, Squad commanders on each side trying to control the mass etc...

Check out the videos from the site ..or the communite created:

http://myeve.eve-online.com/download/videos/Default.asp?a=download&vid=151

About bots..I think the dude who mentioned that means farmers, every mmo got farmers, but they are dealt with sooner or later. In eve they are dealt with as we speak.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:16 am

Did we really need to resurrect a month old thread to shill EVE?

You know what's a great game? TorilMUD. I'd post a link, but, well.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 pm

Shevarash wrote:Did we really need to resurrect a month old thread to shill EVE?

You know what's a great game? TorilMUD. I'd post a link, but, well.

Nobody ever plays just one game! Well unless they're addicted.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Colje
Sojourner

Ressurection

Postby Colje » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:40 am

Sorry about that :P DIdnt even check the date tbh, just saw this thread at the bottom of the first page....so I went through it ;)

Yepp, and toril is the only game I still "haunt" now and then...

That alone must mean something...
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:05 am

It is kinda shitty to solicit for a new game on another's forums, but I think thats just a testament to the community that Toril has formed over the years. I'm really glad that I joined WoW so late because I know that once we down Illidan a couple of times, I'll get bored again. Hopefully, with 2.0 there will be a grip of new zones and the MUD won't crash every day so you can't get tired of them within a few weeks.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:43 pm

Gormal wrote:It is kinda shitty to solicit for a new game on another's forums, but I think thats just a testament to the community that Toril has formed over the years. I'm really glad that I joined WoW so late because I know that once we down Illidan a couple of times, I'll get bored again. Hopefully, with 2.0 there will be a grip of new zones and the MUD won't crash every day so you can't get tired of them within a few weeks.

My bad I didn't realize we only play one game at a time. Consider the fact that this game has always had a point where there is nothing to do.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:13 pm

You find anything yet, Dartan? I've been shopping around as well. I can't seem to get into FPS games like I used to.

Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:25 pm

Just started up a Tradewars game a couple days ago. I think I remember you posting something about playing that a couple years ago. It's game R, "Call to Battle" on www.ultimatetw.com port 23. Pretty close to stock settings in this one, 2k turns 10k sectors. It's been running for 5 days now and I started 3 days late, so if you (or anyone else for that matter) wants to corp I could use the help. :wink:

Oh, and the newer versions of Zmud suck even worse for playing that game. No matter how you try to pimp it out, Zmuds MXP settings conflict with some of the text and coloring format in TW, causing the games output to be cut off or paused constantly. Had to download SWATH and TWX and familiarize myself all over again to get back into the swing of things. Is a good quick game to play for me after I get off work at 2am.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:26 pm

Kifle wrote:You find anything yet, Dartan? I've been shopping around as well. I can't seem to get into FPS games like I used to.

Tabula Rasa sucks. Game after lvl 30 is incredibly boring. Sadly, DotA is the best game out there :(

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:07 pm

Yep, I'm back off of City of Heroes again. I resubscribed for the latest update, because they introduced two new powersets and some new missions. But as with every other content update, the new stuff is the same as the old stuff with different graphics. I played a blades scrapper to level 7 or 8, saw that he was essentially the same as every other character I've ever played, and logged off.

Back to Team Fortress 2.
- Ragorn
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:15 pm

I was thinking of picking up vanguard, but I'm not sure if my 7800gt with overheating problems has the juice to run the game up to my standards :( I'm downloading some free mmo for shits and giggles right now.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:20 pm

DotA guys. Trust me. Noticeable skill, fun PvP, lots of characters, but huge learning curve.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:26 pm

I put my time into DotA already. I used to play when Eul ran the project, and I've come back and played half a dozen times since then. Was a fairly active member of the channel at one point... forget which one now, Clan TGA or something.
- Ragorn
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:11 pm

Dalar wrote:DotA guys. Trust me. Noticeable skill, fun PvP, lots of characters, but huge learning curve.

DoTA the WC3 game?

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:31 pm

Ragorn wrote:I put my time into DotA already. I used to play when Eul ran the project, and I've come back and played half a dozen times since then. Was a fairly active member of the channel at one point... forget which one now, Clan TGA or something.

Clan TDA. That's awesome though to have been in the beginning. The game has somewhat changed imo. General pubs are much tougher than 2-3 years ago and it's more micro since they added denies.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:05 pm

Dalar wrote:Clan TDA. That's awesome though to have been in the beginning. The game has somewhat changed imo. General pubs are much tougher than 2-3 years ago and it's more micro since they added denies.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of the game. I go through phases, I'll get hooked on it for about three solid weeks, then I'm off for six months. When I come back, there are usually new heroes and new mechanics that hook me all over again. I played over the summer, maybe I'll give it another go soon.

It's a rock solid map.
- Ragorn
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:20 pm

Been playing LOTR and it seems to be pretty good. Weird chr advancement process. Not sure how endgame is. I'll probably get it after the trial is up and play till it gets boring.

Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:54 am

Dalar wrote:
Kifle wrote:You find anything yet, Dartan? I've been shopping around as well. I can't seem to get into FPS games like I used to.

Tabula Rasa sucks. Game after lvl 30 is incredibly boring. Sadly, DotA is the best game out there :(

I TOLD YOU!!!
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:58 am

Kifle wrote:Been playing LOTR and it seems to be pretty good. Weird chr advancement process. Not sure how endgame is. I'll probably get it after the trial is up and play till it gets boring.

end game in LOTRO is actually really good

during alpha, beta and up until last july when i finally got tired of the game and moved on, i was a part of the internal private testing server Isenguard. it's about 2-4 patches ahead of live. needless to say, playing on that server made me want toplay live a helluva lot less or i'd still be there.

anyway, end game there is decent. not as indepth as WoW nor requring you to spend your entire life doing it. and the scipting is fantastic.

only problem with LOTRO is the freakin level grind. it's pretty bad post 30. lots of running around without a mount or any type of speed increase unless you play a ranger.

my biggest gripe with the game has been the loremaster class. the entire point of the class flies in the face with it's inability to CC any undead of any kind - the most DOMINANT mob type in all of the book quests. even on isenguard as of july which i believe had the patch that went in a couple weeks ago, they still were nothing but mana batteries for end game raiding. made me want to punch a baby...seriously.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:04 am

Hubby has been playing LOTRO far more than I. Hunter IMO is by far the most fun to play. Love the 'teleportation' skills they have. I got one to level 25 on one server, then we switched to another. Guess I shoulda taken him up on the offer to move it over, cus I've had no interest in running through all those dang quests again.

That and I get really freakin tired of dying in the Barrow Downs and getting dropped back into that thrice cursed Old Forest. *stomp*

Toril is still way more fun to me. I prefer reading the text and getting my own idea of what I see rather than the graphics telling me. The RP is way more fun. That and the lag is oh so much less. ;-)

Oh another fantabulous thing about Toril... no freaking gold spammers.

Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:46 am

Lilira wrote:Hubby has been playing LOTRO far more than I. Hunter IMO is by far the most fun to play. Love the 'teleportation' skills they have. I got one to level 25 on one server, then we switched to another. Guess I shoulda taken him up on the offer to move it over, cus I've had no interest in running through all those dang quests again.

That and I get really freakin tired of dying in the Barrow Downs and getting dropped back into that thrice cursed Old Forest. *stomp*

Toril is still way more fun to me. I prefer reading the text and getting my own idea of what I see rather than the graphics telling me. The RP is way more fun. That and the lag is oh so much less. ;-)

Oh another fantabulous thing about Toril... no freaking gold spammers.

Weird. I actually like the questing at low levels so far. But I do agree with that Old Forest. I hate that place. Sucks my cool dagger came from a quest in there or I wouldn't have done the quests. Also, I have had absolutely no lag at all. Still enjoying it so far playing a burglar. Think I might try a caster class. Seems they kill things much quicker.

Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:43 am

there is no caster class. there are loremasters

and they are a sorry excuse for casters.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:35 pm

Any thoughts on Pirates of the Burning Sea?

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:12 pm

I thought the classes in LOTRO were just huge ripoffs of their Warcraft equivalents. I mean, they have a melee class who uses combo points and finishers and whose attacks are powered by energy... seriously? You can get away with that?

Minstrels were the only class I found interesting, because of their layered songs and buffs. Unfortunately, they're a bit slow to solo because of the lack of offense, and there were a million Minstrels online at all times when I played. Guess everyone thought they were a cool class.
- Ragorn
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:41 pm

Ragorn wrote:I thought the classes in LOTRO were just huge ripoffs of their Warcraft equivalents. I mean, they have a melee class who uses combo points and finishers and whose attacks are powered by energy... seriously? You can get away with that?

Minstrels were the only class I found interesting, because of their layered songs and buffs. Unfortunately, they're a bit slow to solo because of the lack of offense, and there were a million Minstrels online at all times when I played. Guess everyone thought they were a cool class.

Lol, all I ever see now is LF Minstrel on the group channel. And I think all classes use the same power scheme, but I'm not sure. I haven't seen champions or guardians yet.

Dartan - A guy I played wow with said that the pirates game is ok. He was telling me the boat stuff is really fun, but everything else seemed like an afterthought and they didn't put much into it other than boat combat. So I'm going to have my run at Lotr and wait for warhammer.

Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:36 pm

What server Kifle?

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:36 am

Lilira wrote:What server Kifle?

brandywine

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:55 am

Kifle wrote:
Ragorn wrote:I thought the classes in LOTRO were just huge ripoffs of their Warcraft equivalents. I mean, they have a melee class who uses combo points and finishers and whose attacks are powered by energy... seriously? You can get away with that?

Lol, all I ever see now is LF Minstrel on the group channel. And I think all classes use the same power scheme, but I'm not sure. I haven't seen champions or guardians yet.

Dartan - A guy I played wow with said that the pirates game is ok. He was telling me the boat stuff is really fun, but everything else seemed like an afterthought and they didn't put much into it other than boat combat. So I'm going to have my run at Lotr and wait for warhammer.

Well I talked to a guy who works at the company that makes the game. He said that the economy is fairly complex and should be interesting. Also port captures, economy, zone control etc. will be a factor. I'm kind of curious at the moment.

Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:54 pm

So like why didn't you just find a different guild with raid times that fit your new schedule?
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:25 pm

Llaaldara wrote:

So like why didn't you just find a different guild with raid times that fit your new schedule?

Because raiding in WoW gets old quick.

Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:12 am

Kifle wrote:
Llaaldara wrote:

Because raiding in WoW gets old quick.

QFMFT
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:59 am

Its because Dartan cleared through Illidan, and then its just like Toril: farming the same content over and over again. WoW raiding really caters to players that can devote inordinate amounts of time to it now. The switch to 25-man raids doesn't leave much room for undergeared or unprepared players, and being a casual players means that you're going to be pretty far behind the curve when you get put in.

Though in 2.4, Dartan, you can come back and kill Kael'thas... in the 5-man part of Sunwell Plateau.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:09 pm

He didn't say he quit cuz he was bored of it. He said he couldn't make his new raid times because of his new job. When Dartan has maxed out a character in the past here, he just made and alt and maxed that one out. Then continued to repeat the process again and again and again. Seems odd to me that his gaming behavior would change on one of the more intricate CRPG platforms. *shrug*

Did you really get bored of WoW entirely D?

Return to “General Discussion Archive”