Disarm

Submit and discuss your ideas for the MUD.
kragt
Sojourner

Disarm

Postby kragt » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:53 pm

Would it be possible to change disarm to not require entering the name of the weapon? For example disarm by itself would attempt to disarm the primary weapon if there is one wielded if not then try the secondary weapon. Disarm <weapon> would still attempt to disarm the specific weapon.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:18 pm

Well, it is how it is so you can't spam it in fights when you don't know what the enemy is wielding. Whether that feature makes sense any more I'll leave to the meleers to debate.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Malvareth
Sojourner

Postby Malvareth » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:21 am

All other muds I've played allow you to type "disarm" and your character will disarm their opponent's primary weapon. I find this preferable, both because it's much simpler to use and because it makes no sense that you, the player, need to squint through combat spam in order for your character to figure out what kind of weapon someone's trying to kill him/her with. You don't need to specify a target with kick, bash and most other combat-related skills, so why should you have to know the keyword for the weapon you're trying to disarm? Your character most certainly knows unless blinded.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:32 am

moritheil wrote:Well, it is how it is so you can't spam it in fights when you don't know what the enemy is wielding. Whether that feature makes sense any more I'll leave to the meleers to debate.

So just add in a check to see if the weapon is noshow or not? Even if there is a reason for it on this MUD, it usually isn't logical.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:35 pm

Yeah, it should default to your target's first available weapon slot. I rewrote disarm completely for 2.0, and it does function like that. I'll see about tossing in a band-aid fix to the current disarm for the time being though.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:46 am

that's great as long as you fix the inability to disarm a secondary weapon when the primary weapon has already been disarmed/flung.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:37 pm

Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD

Return to “T2 Ideas Archive”