Choking Palace

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dalar
Sojourner

Choking Palace

Postby Dalar » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:49 pm

I need to know who's in for trying this every Sunday morning around 11am (2pm EST) until we actually get it down. The rewards suck balls but the bragging rights are defintely there. We'll begin planning and execute a strategy on 1/27 and every week following that until it's deemed incredibly stupid/retarded by the majority. Ventrilo will probably be required for this as the pace is fairly fast.

If you suck or have a weak class/race composition you may or may not be invited to the fights. We'll all have to pay attention (arg) and probably use Ventrilo to listen to a few of us call stuff like locations of mobs.

If there's enough people to try and stuff we'll probably have to create a point system to record attendance/progress etc.

My current ideal setup is:

Warrior
Warrior
Warrior

Lich
Druid
Elementalist
Invoker
Illusionist
Enchanter

Cleric
Bard
Shaman

Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

I'd want maybe 1 barbarian warrior and defintely 2 gnome/elven with great HP gear. Bard would have to be elven. Elementalist and druid may have to be given up for another cleric/shaman spot.

People willing to die:
Me
Cofen
Lopi
Sotana
Belathar
Raiwen
Verzull
Last edited by Dalar on Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:17 am, edited 10 times in total.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:34 am

i can get you access to a private teamspeak server.

dont worry im not gonna hack it or anything its a server that my dad and i run on his buisiness network. anybody who is interested drop me a line and ill set up an account for you. and if im around ill help with the runs.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:01 am

I have a high quality ventrilo my friend will let me use for zoning if I want.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:18 am

yea but i have an unused TS server... and i would need a new program :P vent also takes up more bandwidth.

myspace.com/tgchef
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:34 am

I will reiterate my willingness to listen to feedback and ideas about the zone. Flat statements like 'this is impossible' and 'there's no way we can kill that many demons' aren't very helpful. I'll still listen, but it doesn't give me anything to act on.

The zone itself, while not mine has fallen into my custody when Dugmaren left. I have every faith you folks to be able to beat this without something so blatant as just removing mobs from the load. That's a possibility if necessary, but I truly don't believe it is. And I have participated in numerous attempts at the zone, so this isn't just immortal grandstanding without perspective.

To address the rewards, they are not the same as were discovered when a couple of players were able to teleport into the vault. They have been upgraded, as well as something extra added. This is one of the things that was there and identified before, I don't know what the stats were before but if this qualifies as sucking then maybe I am out of the loop.

Item will give you following abilities: NOBITS
Item is: NO-CLERIC NO-MAGE NOBITS
Weight: 10, Value: 100000
AC-apply is 12
Can affect you as :
Affects : HITPOINTS by 25
Affects : AGI_MAX by 6
Called Effects : (invoked by 'say'ing them)
'strength of stone' 1 / 3 days
Eilistraee
Klandal
Sojourner

Choking the Palace

Postby Klandal » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:50 am

That belt was always the best of the loot in there imo and looks to remain a worthwhile snag. It's been a while since an item has been added to make tanks salivate. You might want to consider lowering the weight though, especially for smaller-race warriors.

There are still a few ways to twink Choking Palace that I've avoided. To do it legitimately, it's not as much the shear number of demon mobs as it is the rate they enter. Areas aren't effective enough because of the demon _high_ MR. Pumping melee to the max doesn't work either because killing single mobs takes too long and the next wave enters where you can't mitigate the damage anymore. Add to this the ability for them to gate in more demons and it makes it next to impossible to hold back the wave _in the time limit_. If you slowed down the demons a tad (they're the last wave, maybe they're not as fast as orcs or humans on foot?), it would still require great coordination and skill to triumph. For the record, I think the orc and human waves are just right in terms of difficulty.
Ivac ASSOC:: 'man, i'd love to be a woman'
Ivac ASSOC:: 'multiple orgasms'
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:28 am

In answer to Dalar's original question, I would be game to participate in regular runs at Choking Palace. I love this zone, partly because it's so finite :-P If Ekahk dies, no reason to keep tossing bodies at things (beyond the sheer fun of it, of course). You then are forced to take a breather to re-examine strategy, etc. Count me in!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:51 am

Anyone have logs of choking palace? I'm trying to remember how many demons are in each wave, how many demons there were etc.

http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopi ... ight=ekahk

Heh I can't tell what is what or what does what.

Anyone remember what spawns on each wave? There was a lich I remember and that was lame.

Some plans of action:

1. Find out levels of everything. I'll have to make some cash soon and burn an invasion just to see what will eventually spawn there.
2. Find out if everything paths individually or from a leader. This is extremely important.
3. Remember all entrances mobs can spawn to get to Ekahk. I remember the 2 gates, the sewers, and from above the palace.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:32 pm

Is Ekahk flagged as a player as well? Was wondering if we could area on top of him.

Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:34 pm

No Choking Palace mephits should be affected by player area spells.
Eilistraee
Dulzuth
Sojourner

Postby Dulzuth » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:08 am

I'll be down to take a crack at chp.

Verzulle 50 ill
Enrox 48 ele
Raelican 47 ranger
Bargruth 47 shaman
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:51 am

I'd love to follow Dartan to victory! Wondering if liches are any use since mine dies every time a wave walks in :(
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:43 am

Kegor doesn't know who you are!

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:36 pm

Time changed to 11am pst to reflect Rebur's Izan's time.

alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:17 pm

Dalar wrote:Time changed to 11am pst to reflect Rebur's Izan's time.

my izans run is only every other sunday... my wife works so i am free to lead... sunday 1/27/08 is next lead day...

but i can follow you to chp if you can get the group... wouldnt mind being the first one on my block to be sent home in a box!
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Emarin
Sojourner

Postby Emarin » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:40 am

Eh, you know how to get in contact with me. If ya level my cleric I can help you in 1 of 4 spots, level my warrior, I can help in 1 of 5. Level my elementalist, I can help in 1 of 6. Level my shaman, 1 of 7. etc. hahaha
Dartan tells you '*roll*'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:43 am

Or you can just play your druid :P

amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:01 pm

ill warrior for ya just give me a time and date

myspace.com/tgchef
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:06 pm

K. Sundays aren't going to work out. I will try my best to be on mon/wed/thurs if Ekahk is alive and choking palace is not invaded and try to gather for this. Tuesday is evil night and Fri/Sat. are pretty bad.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:39 am

Can we get something added to the social file to have Ekahk shout to the zone that he's being attacked?

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:11 pm

Only if we get a flashing red notice that the new post belongs to you in the forum.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:18 am

1 enchanter? hahahaha, worst.strategy.ever.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:49 pm

Someone commented that a social may or may not be added to Ekahk soon.

Anyways, we will try again on Wednesday. If possible I'd really like another lvl 50 lich to log in so I can play my illusionist.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:47 am

Group information for Pimakoto and Company
Size: 15
Unsplit Coins: 0 platinum 0 gold 0 silver 0 copper
(Head) 120/120 move 1070/1070 hit - Lynia
115/115 move 1058/1065 hit - Tabor
128/128 move 920/920 hit - Baram
123/123 move 704/704 hit - Lopi
125/125 move 954/969 hit - Rew
133/133 move 1218/1188 hit - Touk
121/121 move 818/818 hit - Tieliki
127/127 move 1094/1094 hit - Thanuk
416/431 man 120/120 move 781/782 hit - Islala
157/157 move 909/909 hit - Raiwen
- Necanux
124/124 move 960/960 hit - Verzulle
115/115 move 993/993 hit - Pidibeple
123/123 move 1009/1009 hit - Elano
127/127 move 1413/1413 hit - Kramel

We didn't get very far. We pretty much crushed the orc wave once again. Human wave, 1 patrol entered east gate. We engaged and shortly after Crowlin's group entered.

The Eastern Gatehouse of the Choking Palace
Exits: -E -W
A pile of unidentifiable blood and organs rests here.
[2] A shining steel longsword.
Corpse of Crowlin is shimmering here.
Corpse of a human warrior is lying here.
Corpse of a nightmare is lying here.
[5] Corpse of a human warrior is lying here.
[2] Corpse of a human wizard is lying here.
[3] Corpse of a human warrior is lying here.
Corpse of a human hierophant is lying here.
[2] Corpse of a human wizard is lying here.
Corpse of a human hierophant is lying here.
Corpse of the ghost of a deadly cave spider is lying here.
A set of long flowing robes lies here.
Touk (Dwarf) stands here.
Islala (RP) (Grey Elf) stands here.
Rew (RP) (Barbarian) stands in mid-air here.
Tabor (Dwarf) stands in mid-air here.
Elano (Grey Elf) stands here.
Pidibeple (RP) (Gnome) stands here.
The ghost of a deadly cave spider stands here.
Thanuk (Barbarian) stands here.
Kramel (RP) (Dwarf) stands in mid-air here.
A smoke mephit leans against the wall here.

was the result. Islala died shortly after the entry but was soul walked and was able to reenter the fray fairly quickly.

Unfortunately warriors started to slowly wander in. While we were engaged to 3, a 2nd lich had spawned past the inner gatehouse and we had to intercept. Unfortunately we couldn't dispose of the lich fast enough due to our ranks being spread out so we slowly lost people. We were able to recover but defintely not in time to be prepared for the demon wave.

The general consensus is that we have to completely wipe out the human wave and charge the demon wave asap and slowly lower their ranks or just wipe out the pit fiend before reinforcements arrive. We'll see next week...

Cap'n Touk
Sojourner

Postby Cap'n Touk » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:47 pm

I had a ton of fun doin that.. edge of your seat action.. maybe panic's more like it. Regardless I think if we can utilize the mephits a little better for things like the 3warriors - say only have 1 PC assisting the mephits so the group isn't spread as much, and otherwise tighten ourselves up we can come out of the human wave clean.

Then for the demon wave (which I'll admit is nonsensical) we totally need to do runs & regroup. I'm almost certain we could have stopped that initial charge of Gororohaacken (pit fiend), 2 gelugons, 2 cornugons, 12 barbazu and 20 lemures with a good strat. What I'm interested to see is if we can handle that charge, AND the random assassin's that hop the walls and climb in through the sewers etc.

Touk
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:28 pm

Drop me a tell if you will need a hand.

i can get you access to a private teamspeak server.

Skype conference call isnt good enough?
Va'esse deireadh aep eigean... Something is ending...
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:14 pm

teamspeak takes alot less to run on your computer, i know some people have limited bandwith and well we dont have to worry about some maintenence thing on someone elses servers... wich often happens on corperate servers which is what skype uses

myspace.com/tgchef

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”