Blood Dome

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dalar
Sojourner

Blood Dome

Postby Dalar » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:21 pm

An Enormous Cavern
Room size: Large (L:30 ft W:30 ft H:50 ft)
Exits: -N -S
A slender dagger lies on the ground.
[3] Corpse of Adriorn is lying here. (glowing)
Corpse of Kanenan is lying here. (glowing)
[3] Positioned next to the cavern wall is an oak barrel.
Rew (RP) (Barbarian) stands in mid-air here.
Kanenan (RP) (Grey Elf) stands here.
<1098h>
Lintral flies in from the south.
<1097h> put circlet hole
You put the mystical circlet of the facile chimera into a portable hole on your person.
s
<1094h> A Large Chamber
Room size: Large (L:30 ft W:30 ft H:50 ft)
Exits: -N
Corpse of Rastsamzarim is lying here.
Corpse of Pugodogut Ruinbringer is lying here.
[2] Corpse of Deltin is lying here. (glowing)
Corpse of Menliros is lying here. (glowing)
[5] Corpse of Verzulle is lying here. (glowing)
[4] Corpse of Thanuk is lying here. (glowing)
[2] Corpse of Lopi is lying here. (glowing)
[2] Corpse of Saler is lying here. (glowing)
Corpse of Aldira is lying here. (glowing)
[7] Corpse of Lyni is lying here. (glowing)
A large wooden counter is here, with a sign posted on it.
A solid steel chest has been placed near the side of the room.
A glowing green portal pulses here.
Verzulle (Human) stands here.
Menliros (Human) stands here.
Pidibeple (RP) (Gnome) stands here.
Deltin (Grey Elf) stands here.
Saler (Human) stands here.
Lopi (Human) stands here.
Thanuk (Barbarian) stands here.
Aldira (RP) (Grey Elf) stands here.
Tranis (Human) stands here.
Elano (Grey Elf) stands here.
Thanuk stops using a bunch of stuff.

Took about 3 hours due to exploration, people having to leave.

On top of the last fight deaths, we had 1 death on ENTRY to blood dome ogre fight and we still won (only cleric in group at time). 3rd fight we had trouble with 3 dying on entry (didn't know the fight) and won with 12 standing. Took alot of time figuring out the quest steps, but in the end it was fun.

Really though, the last fight is easy except for vampire bites.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:27 am

Hey klandan, this how the proz do it.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:14 pm

Dalar wrote:Hey klandan, this how the proz do it.

You only killed Thanuk 4 times and you call yourself pro?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:26 pm

Brag more about beating a mob after its been nerfed please.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:25 pm

What was nerfed about it? The vampire guardians bite/stab/cast elementalist spells, the lich lich touches, the dracolich breathes crystal shards. Does taking a better class makeup and better players = nerf these days?

Also, for your comment, I'm going to bet one of your guilds during your WoW days posts kills of content. In fact, Discord posted Karazhan kills in your progression thread on 5/30... that would be like me posting a deathless TF run.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:56 pm

oh hey guys Tiamat is too hard it takes 22 hours to do.

oh hey guys Tiamat takes 5 hours now, now it's due to eq, Tiamat got nerfed, or some other dumbass excuse other than better tactics and smarter players.

flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:05 pm

they need to make tia harder if it only takes 5 hours.. the epicenter zone of the game where all the best stuff ever comes from should be more of a chore than 5 hrs. :P
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:59 pm

I see you have not addressed my challenge to your skill. Understandable. I wouldn't be bragging with only 4 Thanuk deaths, but that's just how I roll.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:01 pm

Ragorn wrote:I see you have not addressed my challenge to your skill. Understandable. I wouldn't be bragging with only 4 Thanuk deaths, but that's just how I roll.

I had the better tank lead the charge :/

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:42 am

Dalar wrote:What was nerfed about it? The vampire guardians bite/stab/cast elementalist spells, the lich lich touches, the dracolich breathes crystal shards. Does taking a better class makeup and better players = nerf these days?

Also, for your comment, I'm going to bet one of your guilds during your WoW days posts kills of content. In fact, Discord posted Karazhan kills in your progression thread on 5/30... that would be like me posting a deathless TF run.

Discord posted Kara kills when we were one of only 4 guilds on the server to have cleared it (new server), so its nothing like a deathless TF. I can see your point about posting this as an achievement, but you posted it as a "look what daddy Dartan can do better than you did" instead. I think the difference between the two is humility, and even though you're the best around, I think thats out of your reach:P

(My new character lolret) I got tired of alliance months ago and swapped sides.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:26 am

Gormal wrote:
Dalar wrote:What was nerfed about it? The vampire guardians bite/stab/cast elementalist spells, the lich lich touches, the dracolich breathes crystal shards. Does taking a better class makeup and better players = nerf these days?

Discord posted Kara kills when we were one of only 4 guilds on the server to have cleared it (new server), so its nothing like a deathless TF. I can see your point about posting this as an achievement, but you posted it as a "look what daddy Dartan can do better than you did" instead. I think the difference between the two is humility, and even though you're the best around, I think thats out of your reach:P

(My new character lolret) I got tired of alliance months ago and swapped sides.

Wrong. Killing a completely nerfed Karazhan isn't a feat regardless of when your server came out. Don't really care how you see it. Another "wah wah this game is too easy now" or "omg tiamat items have broken the game" myth has been busted.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:50 am

For those that don't know what Brian's talking about, Kara is the first raid instance in WoW. All guilds clear it before anything else, and all realms maintain a progression thread that lists Kara. So he's saying that by posting our progression (as lame as it was at the time) in the appropriate thread, we were showing off our special olympics victory.

And if you think that the ridiculous amount of gear in the game hasn't simplified or trivialized many encounters, then you're kidding yourself. Seeing the difference that valhalla and boots of stability made was just plain silly, let alone the other items like chimera circlet that are just too strong.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:16 am

Valhalla only grants death pact and blur, which mean little when you're doing controlled runs and I was dying frequently. Stability is useful but I never died from being bashed. Circlet isn't gamebreaking during runs. Most people there didn't have many tiamat items.

Group information for Elano and Company
Size: 15
Unsplit Coins: 0 platinum 0 gold 0 silver 0 copper
(Head) 123/123 move 873/932 hit - Elano
132/132 move 987/1046 hit - Lilithelle
133/133 move 397/831 hit - Deltin
132/132 move 855/1121 hit - Lyni
123/123 move 505/719 hit - Saler
387/467 man 189/189 move 3/830 hit - Aldira
125/125 move 487/546 hit - Adriorn
120/120 move 687/761 hit - Menliros
127/127 move 511/919 hit - Thanuk
124/124 move 784/743 hit - Verzulle
140/140 move 371/431 hit - Kanenan
135/135 move 462/462 hit - Lopi
125/125 move 771/771 hit - Rew
115/115 move 743/802 hit - Pidibeple
122/122 move 647/616 hit - Tranis

1 enchanter
1 druid
2 clerics (1 47, 1 50)
2 tanks
1 bard
3 rangers
1 elementalist
1 illusionist
1 rogue
1 shaman
1 invoker

Most of those guys don't have Tiamat items or enough to make a difference since no Tiamat makes a huge difference for this specific fight. For someone with good arena ratings you sure don't know how to think out of the box.

3 rangers, 2 good tanks, 1 good druid. That's all you need.

You brought:

Koray warrior?
Sotana druid
Malydryn enchanter
Akam shaman?
Smirn rogue
Finlaria ranger?
Acco illu?
Bolasos invoker
Amak shaman
Klandan shaman
Touk warrior
Nimtab invoker
Sipes cleric?
Alnir necro?
Ifin enchanter?

2 warriors
1 druid
2 enchanter
3 shaman
1 halfling rogue
1 ranger
1 illusionist
1 cleric
2 invokers
1 necro

If you haven't learned anything about min/maxing from just playing WoW... yea anyways quit trolling. No Tiamat gear can help you pick a better class makeup. You brought 2 dwarven warriors who don't min/max, 1 extra enchanter, 2 extra shaman, 1 extra invoker.

muxxissinix
Sojourner

Postby muxxissinix » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:18 am

I was playing nimaithamael in that fight, we were the first doing that fight, you should take as example the second time they did this fight.

Just checking what you posted, it seems like that fight remains just like the first time we did it, 0 changes.

note: we had a hard time at begin, we could get an illu just after we had a large corpse pile (totally amateur leader !).
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:56 am

We didn't have much info on the fight anyways. All I knew was there were 5 rogues, a lich, and a dracolich. Everything we did was on the fly.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:40 pm

I never denied that your tactics were better, or that doing runs makes things easier. We were doing runs, we'd just get one-shotted on entry quite often. The fight HAS been toned down, and even a small amount of gear does make a large difference (something I've learned from min/maxing). Malydryn was an invoker and we took whoever was willing to come (almost no one) not that it matters. I think this will be the third time on this topic that I acknowledge that you're better at this game than anyone else around, I was commenting originally on how this fight has been nerfed.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that Greg and Jon 2-manned this the first time with one person sitting out spelling them up, but I don't remember exactly. However, I distinctly remember a staffer coming down and telling us that the mob's damage was set way too high.
Last edited by Gormal on Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:43 pm

muxxissinix wrote:I was playing nimaithamael in that fight, we were the first doing that fight, you should take as example the second time they did this fight.

Just checking what you posted, it seems like that fight remains just like the first time we did it, 0 changes.

note: we had a hard time at begin, we could get an illu just after we had a large corpse pile (totally amateur leader !).

There were changes, why are you trying to deny this?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:01 pm

I don't remember ever downgrading it, but congratulations on your
achievement. BTW, not everything was figured out when I last was active.
This includes at least one major part of a quest.

- Brandobaris

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:04 pm

Gormal wrote:I never denied that your tactics were better, or that doing runs makes things easier. We were doing runs, we'd just get one-shotted on entry quite often. The fight HAS been toned down, and even a small amount of gear does make a large difference (something I've learned from min/maxing). Malydryn was an invoker and we took whoever was willing to come (almost no one) not that it matters. I think this will be the third time on this topic that I acknowledge that you're better at this game than anyone else around, I was commenting originally on how this fight has been nerfed.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that Greg and Jon 2-manned this the first time with one person sitting out spelling them up, but I don't remember exactly. However, I distinctly remember a staffer coming down and telling us that the mob's damage was set way too high.

The guardians still hit for 300+ without backstabs.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:19 pm

My dick is bigger.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:30 pm

Kifle wrote:My dick is bigger.

Yeah, but mine is prettier.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:54 am

Tanji Smanji wrote:

Got you both beat. I use mine more often.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:11 am

I got lost somewhere along the way...

Is this an "I HAVE a bigger dick" thread, or an "I AM a bigger dick" thread?

If it's the first, it's a moot point, because the halfling chick has you all beat.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:23 pm

Vigis wrote:
Tanji Smanji wrote:

Got you both beat. I use mine more often.

Using it yourself doesn't count, its how often others use it that matters.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:21 pm

Ashiwi wrote:I got lost somewhere along the way...

Is this an "I HAVE a bigger dick" thread, or an "I AM a bigger dick" thread?

If it's the first, it's a moot point, because the halfling chick has you all beat.

Damn straight!
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:52 am

I'm going to bookmark this thread any time I need a quick shot of testosterone when my old lady takes my nuts from me.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”