Forum Layout

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Gormal
Sojourner

Forum Layout

Postby Gormal » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:26 pm

Maybe its just me, but I really hate having to scroll down just to get to the content of the link I click. Some forums have so many stickied posts that you have to scroll nearly 2 pages to get to the posts where people are active. Example:

Suggestions:

- The logo/title area is massive, reorganize or reduce it in size substantially.
- Remove the forum rules and move them to display whenever users are posting rather than even when they're reading.
- Get rid of many of the stickies (especially the 2.0 stuff, instead of stickying 15 topics, just make a forum where only Shev can post new topics.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Re: Forum Layout

Postby Shevarash » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:06 pm

You're right, the logo/title area is way too big. I got this style from a 3rd party and haven't really modified it much yet, but I'll see what I can do. The rules could be moved into the posting page only as well, but I'll defer to Shar on that one.

As for 2.0 stickies - I'm not sure what you mean. They all got moved into a sub-forum the same day I did the upgrade. I don't know of any other forums that had excessive stickies...
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:28 pm

Best example:

Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:40 am

That doesn't really seem all that excessive to me, and it is the Announcements forum, so having a lot of annoucnements is sort of expected. It could use some toning down though, I'll see about un-stickying a couple of those.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”