Rainbow kisses and dogs chasing their own tail

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Corth
Sojourner

Rainbow kisses and dogs chasing their own tail

Postby Corth » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:31 pm

"Safe For Work" (tm) topic Inspired by Kifle!

Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Corth
Sojourner

Re: Rainbow kisses and dogs chasing their own tail

Postby Corth » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:37 pm

Can anything be more wholesome than that?
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:40 pm

I'd fuck it.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:41 pm

The dog or the pie?

Errr

Shev, I do believe there was a rule infraction in this thread. Kindly address this!

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:50 pm

On a more serious note:

3) These rules are intended to be for the good of the MUD and these forums. I humbly submit that the user base at large's right to browse these forums safely at work or around family has a higher priority than anyone's right to post adult images here. Remember that this is a community site whose purpose is to both disseminate information to the players and provide a forum for them to discuss the game. Anything that interferes with that takes away from the value of these forums.

Its the puritanical ideals that you use to judge what's adult content and what's not that are causing the recent friction. Guess what, this is a game where people are encouraged to pillage, murder, etc in graphic detail. Just because many people are distracted by the pretty colors whirring past their big doe eyes doesn't change the truth that this game is not appropriate for children. Why does a BBS for a game that isn't appropriate for kids have to reflect otherwise? Honestly, Shevarash you're living in the vanilla internet of the past which is what I would expect from a MUD owner, but its time to realize that you can't censor everything with a hint of sexuality or questionable content.

And as far as you having a thick skin, you obviously don't as you locked the benign Portal thread and said outright that you were offended. I said it before and I'll say it again, you've been out of touch with this BBS for years. This entire movement you've started to reinstate old policies was brought about because you were so distant that a 2-month old "are you rotting in a gutter somewhere?" thread went unanswered and some of us chose to speak up. Its no longer a matter of letting things get out of hand for too long as its a matter of thats just how things are now whether or not you're aware.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:15 pm

oooooooohhh, a basket full of cute bunnies!

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:36 pm

Its that time of year again, Corth. Protect yourself from dangerous UV rays!

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:39 pm

Awwwwwwww. Toothless grin of an itty baby!

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:41 pm

Or for the ladies:

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:55 pm

Gaze upon my offspring, puny mortals.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:56 pm

Reference to sexual activity between Joe and Emily, ban pls.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Shes adorable Ragorn.

Yeah the baby I posted is Corth Jr. :)

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:01 pm

Corth wrote:Shes adorable Ragorn.

Awwwww!
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:41 pm

Seems to have as many teeth as his dad.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:05 pm

Pril wrote:

Seems to have as many teeth as his dad.

Thats a personal attack regarding my appearance. Shev, kindly address this infraction.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:11 pm

Fun and games.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:12 pm

This has got to be the funniest Boril thread I've seen in years :)
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Thu May 01, 2008 1:01 am

The only picture worth posting. Ever.
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu May 01, 2008 1:11 am

I do neither approve nor endorse this thread.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu May 01, 2008 8:23 am

So I can't post a covered titty, but an admin can imply that I fuck goats?
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Thu May 01, 2008 9:02 am

u wanna tear out yer eyes from the cuteness
Attachments
the_cute_show.jpg
the_cute_show.jpg (90.58 KiB) Viewed 7274 times
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu May 01, 2008 12:41 pm

Gormal wrote:So I can't post a covered titty, but an admin can imply that I fuck goats?

Dude.

Let it go.
- Ragorn
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu May 01, 2008 12:46 pm

First of all Gormal, Vaprak is not an admin. He's in areas. I realize that to many, "admin" is the way you say "staff member". I ask kindly that you please make the differentiation. Secondly, this thread has not been questionable in any way until you chose to post something in response to a harmless sfw picture in a thread that contained many other pictures. His words in *no* way reflected upon you or any other poster.

Thanks,

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu May 01, 2008 12:47 pm

Gormal wrote:So I can't post a covered titty, but an admin can imply that I fuck goats?

Clear violation of forum rules. References to bestiality are NSFW. The words 'fuck" and "titty" do go nicely together, but are certainly NSFW. Marking this post for editing/deletion.

Goddamned slippery mage.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu May 01, 2008 1:04 pm

Corth wrote:

Clear violation of forum rules. References to bestiality are NSFW. The words 'fuck" and "titty" do go nicely together, but are certainly NSFW. Marking this post for editing/deletion.

Likewise marking this post for editing/deletion for use of words predetermined to not fall within the criteria set forth in the "Forum Rules" addendum of 2008.

Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu May 01, 2008 1:51 pm

We really do need to stop with all the sarcastic remarks about enforcing of rules. I believe they serve a dual purpose, neither of which are a positive influence; to degrade the morale of the majority of our readers while at the same time spurning the more vocal dissenters to continue to post such. We realize we were absent for quite a while and failed to moderate the forums with much success for a period of time. Now, we are here and we are doing it. If you have remarks to make, please feel free to PM or email whichever of the staff you wish to speak to.

Thanks for continuing support and patience,

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu May 01, 2008 3:41 pm

Quack!

Goddamned slippery mage.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu May 01, 2008 5:25 pm

Shar wrote:...failed to moderate the forums with much success for a period of time.

By "period of time" do you happen to mean their entire existance? People have linked to archived threads which contain images that were recently censored for god's sake! Pretending these overly puritanical rules were always in existence is silly at best.

Further, these rules just make no sense for a MUD's target audience. We don't target 2 year olds sitting on their mom's lap. The major audience for MUDs is college students, a group notoriously liberal and contemptuous of this kind of censorship. Trying to child-proof the forumns only makes Toril look like childs play to the very people we need to be recruiting.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu May 01, 2008 5:44 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Shar wrote:...failed to moderate the forums with much success for a period of time.

By "period of time" do you happen to mean their entire existance? People have linked to archived threads which contain images that were recently censored for god's sake! Pretending these overly puritanical rules were always in existence is silly at best.

Further, these rules just make no sense for a MUD's target audience. We don't target 2 year olds sitting on their mom's lap. The major audience for MUDs is college students, a group notoriously liberal and contemptuous of this kind of censorship. Trying to child-proof the forumns only makes Toril look like childs play to the very people we need to be recruiting.

Thank you for your feedback, Sarvis.

Anyone has their right to an opinion. Calling the staffers or the rules puritanical is hardly insulting and is also incorrect, but thank you for letting us know your 2c on the subject.

FYI and to anyone who may be interested, I do not feel the pressing need to defend myself or the other staff from comments like these because they are simply a difference of opinion. In this situation specifically, there are going to be individuals who oppose my pov and your pov. No amount of posting to the contrary will get me or the other staff to change the SFW content rule. The rules stand even if you despise them or think them pointless. It is not my job to explain/defend the reasons they are important to maintain.

Thanks,

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu May 01, 2008 6:15 pm

So when Shevarash offered to continue this discussion in a new thread, what he really meant was you guys were going to pull the infallible card again?
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu May 01, 2008 6:31 pm

Shar wrote:Thank you for your feedback, Sarvis.

Anyone has their right to an opinion. Calling the staffers or the rules puritanical is hardly insulting

It wasn't meant to be. It is an accurate description. No swearing, no scantily clad pictures... that's puritanical. Try reading it again without the expectation of an attack, and then give it some thought.

and is also incorrect, but thank you for letting us know your 2c on the subject.

FYI and to anyone who may be interested, I do not feel the pressing need to defend myself or the other staff from comments like these because they are simply a difference of opinion.

Defending yourself? Again, this was not an attack on you or any of the staff. It is a description of the situation and reasoning as to why the situation is untenable for the MUD. It shouldn't be about defending, but an open and honest discussion with the playerbase about what is actually best for the MUD.

In this situation specifically, there are going to be individuals who oppose my pov and your pov. No amount of posting to the contrary will get me or the other staff to change the SFW content rule. The rules stand even if you despise them or think them pointless. It is not my job to explain/defend the reasons they are important to maintain.

Thanks,

Ah, so we have these lovely forumns for player input that you guys have every intention of completely ignoring?

Good to know.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu May 01, 2008 7:04 pm

Sarvis wrote:
Shar wrote:Thank you for your feedback, Sarvis.

Anyone has their right to an opinion. Calling the staffers or the rules puritanical is hardly insulting

It wasn't meant to be. It is an accurate description. No swearing, no scantily clad pictures... that's puritanical. Try reading it again without the expectation of an attack, and then give it some thought.

Just a question, but in order to be perceived as anything other than puritanical, we must allow swearing and or scantily clad pictures? I don't feel like I took your statement out of context on that, I'm just searching for clarity. Also, I don't feel that you attacked me, nor do I feel as though to be on the defensive has to mean you expect an attack. The word "defense" as I used it means to be prepared. As a staff member, specifically an admin, it is my job to be 100% prepared, aka ready, aka on the defense to support, maintain and enforce the rules and policy. In this case, the forum policy.

In response to what I felt was a flippant statement (not attack,) I've already said that the policy for this is standing and will not be debated again any time soon, so no, this particular topic is not up for discussion but, ignoring? Does it feel like I'm ignoring this topic to you? :)

---
Gormal wrote:So when Shevarash offered to continue this discussion in a new thread, what he really meant was you guys were going to pull the infallible card again?

If that is what you feel we have done, I'm sorry. This particular issue is not up for review. If Shevarash has stated we could discuss things about this thread in another, I don't see where he said that. What he did say (in a different thread and in response to you) was about the big red text at the top of the screen stating forum rules. You requested that they be shown only to posters instead of everyone and he said we'd discuss it.

Thanks,

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu May 01, 2008 7:17 pm

Shevarash wrote:Thank you for your patience. If anyone would like to continue discussing this subject, please create a new topic.

Some discussion.

You don't even know the origins and implications of the vend-a-goat picture so I guess I shouldn't expect much.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu May 01, 2008 7:38 pm

Gormal wrote:
Shevarash wrote:Thank you for your patience. If anyone would like to continue discussing this subject, please create a new topic.

Some discussion.

You don't even know the origins and implications of the vend-a-goat picture so I guess I shouldn't expect much.

I'm not seeing Shevy's response in this thread. If you expect more, perhaps you could give a little more in return? I'm trying. Are you? Just a thought, no need for an answer.

Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu May 01, 2008 8:29 pm

That quote is the last sentence in the locked thread that inspired Corth to create this one.

I don't know what you're trying to infer by saying that I need to give more, it sounds like your simply trying to deflect otherwise tough questions. The issue at hand is the measuring stick that you and Shevarash are suddenly using to moderate the forums. How many more ancient posts do I need to pull from the archives to prove this to you? The benevolent stance that you guys have taken; "I don't enjoy moderating the forums and having to be the killjoy, but it needs to be done so I do it." is rather dismissive as well. I'm taken aback by how blatantly ignorant you have both been with respect to forum content over the last few years (emphasis plural).

As inconsiderate as this is going to sound, I don't buy the party line that you know what's best for the MUD. You've both lost a lot of credibility as I see it after the incredible delay of 2.0, the poor implementation of the equipment changes, and the general mishandling of new zones and equipment. While these are all gameplay issues, they do cast a certain shadow over whether or not you really do know what is best for the game. I only make these statements to counter the argument made in regards to how you moderate forum content, discussion of them is probably best in its own thread. I was more than willing to have a candid discussion about this, but that offer was obviously less than genuine.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu May 01, 2008 8:42 pm

Woof!

Goddamned slippery mage.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu May 01, 2008 8:50 pm

Sarvis wrote:The major audience for MUDs is college students

Many of the players I know aren't college students.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu May 01, 2008 8:53 pm

edit: why bother
Last edited by teflor the ranger on Thu May 01, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu May 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Gormal wrote:That quote is the last sentence in the locked thread that inspired Corth to create this one.

I don't know what you're trying to infer by saying that I need to give more, it sounds like your simply trying to deflect otherwise tough questions. The issue at hand is the measuring stick that you and Shevarash are suddenly using to moderate the forums. How many more ancient posts do I need to pull from the archives to prove this to you? The benevolent stance that you guys have taken; "I don't enjoy moderating the forums and having to be the killjoy, but it needs to be done so I do it." is rather dismissive as well. I'm taken aback by how blatantly ignorant you have both been with respect to forum content over the last few years (emphasis plural).

As inconsiderate as this is going to sound, I don't buy the party line that you know what's best for the MUD. You've both lost a lot of credibility as I see it after the incredible delay of 2.0, the poor implementation of the equipment changes, and the general mishandling of new zones and equipment. While these are all gameplay issues, they do cast a certain shadow over whether or not you really do know what is best for the game. I only make these statements to counter the argument made in regards to how you moderate forum content, discussion of them is probably best in its own thread. I was more than willing to have a candid discussion about this, but that offer was obviously less than genuine.

I'm not deflecting tough questions, I'm stating a fact that the forum rules are not up for debate. You can pull up as many "ancient posts" you'd like to and I'd welcome you to it, but the policy, new, old, whatever anyone wants to call it, is not going to change. Isn't that what we were discussing? Isn't that what this thread is about, sarcasm and all?

You stating your opinion about my lack of credibility is not something I will try to get you to change. I'm aware that many people think that of me and of other staff and I can only act as I feel I should with their opinions in mind. I do try to make changes where needed to help and better the players and longevity of the mud. Sadly, sometimes those things are not conducive to one another. So when I say that I try, I don't expect you to believe me and I don't expect you to support me specifically, but I do expect you to respect the decisions that I and the other staff make when policy is in question. What about anything I've said is not, as you put it, candid? I have laid it out there for everyone to see. Is there any more question about bbs policy and how it relates to this thread?

As for the poor implementation of the eq changes, I was not in any role at the time to assume responsibility for *any* of it. Currently, eq changes are made on a case by case basis. 2.0 *is* coming, it is not a lie, joke, or excuse for putting anything else on hold. I have done my part and will continue to do anything and everything I can to further its progress. That is all I can offer up without more explicit questions, which I suggest that if you have them, you either pm, email or begin a new thread on each one.

As for the intent of Shevy when he posted in another thread that you could discuss a subject in a new thread, aren't we doing that now? Isn't clarification and discussion what you wanted? I'm not trying to be flippant, so please don't take my questions as such. I'm attempting to bridge the gap of miscommunication that we have been having.

Thanks,

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu May 01, 2008 9:16 pm

Corth wrote:Image

Woof!

My spider Squirrel can beat up your puppy!

Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu May 01, 2008 9:24 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:

How many of them started when they were?

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu May 01, 2008 9:28 pm

Sarvis wrote:
teflor the ranger wrote:

How many of them started when they were?

Things change. Boards get actively moderated. Facts o' life.

Thing is, I'm not really sure what you guys are complaining about. You all accuse me of doing the personal attack thing, and how you want me to stop. Why not let the board moderators do it?
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Spirrel? or Sqider?

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu May 01, 2008 9:35 pm

Rar! Get in the wagon.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu May 01, 2008 9:56 pm

Shar wrote:I'm not deflecting tough questions, I'm stating a fact that the forum rules are not up for debate. You can pull up as many "ancient posts" you'd like to and I'd welcome you to it, but the policy, new, old, whatever anyone wants to call it, is not going to change. Isn't that what we were discussing? Isn't that what this thread is about, sarcasm and all?

But the policies just changed, that's the entire point that has eluded you. You can play semantics all you want and say that certain rules have been in place, but they haven't and the recent crackdown is effectively a change in policy.

Shar wrote:As for the intent of Shevy when he posted in another thread that you could discuss a subject in a new thread, aren't we doing that now? Isn't clarification and discussion what you wanted? I'm not trying to be flippant, so please don't take my questions as such. I'm attempting to bridge the gap of miscommunication that we have been having.

You stated: "the policy for this is standing and will not be debated again any time soon..." so is this really a discussion? You're not reasserting policies that have been overlooked for a short period of time and it seems that no matter how many huge threads I dig up to support this fact, you're going to ignore it, but I'll reiterate this point again. The "Hi, Maxler!" thread was the second-most viewed thread of all time in GD excluding political debates and gathering threads. The image and accompanying phrase has been used and linked throughout the forums and the game and you still were ignorant of it.

How about we take the vend-a-goat image that you claim is innocuous? Realize that it was first posted as a response to me as part of the trend of goatfucking jokes that have been directed at me for over half of a decade. To defend your staff, admin or not, by saying it wasn't directed at me is another glaring example of how you (yourself and Shev) don't know your own forums. Realistically, you're an outsider thats making policy despite your rank in the hierarchy.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu May 01, 2008 10:04 pm

Fantastic.

As I am deathly afraid of spiders, my involvement in this thread is now over.
- Ragorn
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu May 01, 2008 11:27 pm

Ragorn raises an interesting point. Are scary pictures considered SFW?

How about something like this?

Goddamned slippery mage.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu May 01, 2008 11:29 pm

Rainbow Brite is cute as a button and wholesome despite the short skirt!

Goddamned slippery mage.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu May 01, 2008 11:46 pm

edited by Shar
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri May 02, 2008 12:04 am

i dont even understand why this is continuing

it seems pretty cut and dry to me - the people that run this board have decided enough is enough and have dropped the moderation hammer

constantly complaining about it and borderline insulting them wont change this back.

this is one instance where you are just going to have to accept it and move along gormal. constantly nit-picking something like this is not healthy.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri May 02, 2008 12:12 am

I said I would continue the discussion and I'm happy to. I haven't had much time to read the forums today and I didn't realize that this thread was that discussion thread. Again, Gormal, if you'd like to have a discussion why don't you start a thread. I don't really want to try to carry on a serious discussion in thread filled with pictures and jokes.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”