Dragonspear Castle

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Dragonspear Castle

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Sat May 24, 2008 6:52 am

Just did dragonspear castle today with lili. The zone was a lot of fun but I felf it was anticlimatic. No real bid battle in the end and that left me wanting for more. Id love to see a demon mounted on a dragon or some other such mob for a final battle there it would make an already fun zone that much better.

Just my 2 cents
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
flib
Sojourner

Re: Dragonspear Castle

Postby flib » Mon May 26, 2008 7:53 pm

shit, I'd like to see a demon mounted on a dragon fly down my street, that would be rad as shit.
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Tue May 27, 2008 12:12 am

Hi.

After winning the scarab, and considering the difficulty of the zone, and then having a whine with the other players in game who have 1, I honestly believe this badge deserves an upgrade, maybe a small proc like blur? and some hps.

Feel free to adjust the difficulty of this zone now that i have one.

cheers,

alv.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue May 27, 2008 3:05 pm

I don't know much about this zone, but I can put it on my list to look at it when I have time.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Tue May 27, 2008 6:55 pm

fairly sure badges don't have stats, don't think any of them do. They're just meant to look cool on your head. But ya, I was as well in the group and I guess it was a little mildly anticlimactic but there were a couple really big fun fights and it was a pretty fun zone that I enjoyed thoroughly.

I think, (don't know this for sure) that there is an end fight and it didn't load. I could be wrong on that but I remember someone saying something about a balor.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue May 27, 2008 7:08 pm

Yeah, badges don't have stats, and I doubt that's going to change anytime soon. I was referring mroe to a general review than adjusting that specific piece of equipment.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue May 27, 2008 7:23 pm

Badges, regardless of color, are about as worthless as donuts with flavorless sprinkles. Just ask Homer.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Vaprak » Wed May 28, 2008 12:44 am

I didn't write this zone originally, but I did convert it from Homeland to Toril. As such I was the one who set the stats where they are now, and purposely set the stats in the moderate to reasonable range instead of following the age-old EQ inflation scheme.

If I recall correctly badges were allowed to have VERY limited stats on Homeland, which doesn't carry over on Toril. Perhaps the scarab could be changed to a different slot such as a neck item or so and given some stats, but I think it's a cool item as is.

If you didn't fight a balor and several of his close personal friends, you didn't finish the zone and missed out on the better equipment in the zone.

Also note that I don't believe in putting gobs of great equipment in the early parts of the zone either, as those are the items that a rogue and elementalist will tag-team. The stuff in the keep, beyond the osyluth gate can't really easily be twinked, and may warrant some improved stats perhaps now that the zone has been done several times. However, I do think the zone is fairly well balanced as is and doesn't require massive changes to remain fun and worth doing. Also note that I have went to DS Castle as a player.
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Wed May 28, 2008 3:01 pm

it really was pretty fun, the idea of a demon infested castle is pretty cool, the reward vs toughness seemed about right I think.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Wed May 28, 2008 5:35 pm

I believe Vaprak was refering to the Pit Fiend.. not balor but i could be mistaken. If there is another fight with some balor and some other badies that might make the zone more worth doing.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed May 28, 2008 7:44 pm

Kifle tells you 'Haha, I had a dragonspear down my pants, but that didn't detour others' interest in me!'
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Ikhar
Sojourner

Postby Ikhar » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:58 pm

Many of the items in the zone were meant for quests that I never finished on homeland and so of course the items might be kinda worthless on toril. Glad to see someone enjoy the zone though :)

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”