exporting a zone from a map database - how?

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

exporting a zone from a map database - how?

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:35 pm

How does one go about exporting a single zone from their map database? Using zmud 7.20.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Kegor
Sojourner

Re: exporting a zone from a map database - how?

Postby Kegor » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:43 pm

That's an excellent question. I don't think it can be done either without deleting all other zones of that map database to isolate the one you want to save as a different file name before restoring the full backup.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:30 am

Nifty little program called zonecopy. Try searching for it on the zuggsoft forums or if ya can't find it, post a message there as I'm sure someone has a copy of it.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:51 am

Jaznolg wrote:That's an excellent question. I don't think it can be done either without deleting all other zones of that map database to isolate the one you want to save as a different file name before restoring the full backup.

Hmm interesting that there is an option to import a zone then.

I'll take a look for zonecopy.

Reason I ask is I'm getting all kinds of funkyness from my map and I was hoping to export each zone then import them into a new database. The biggest problem is when I click on the map not on a room, say to draw a big box and select a bunch of rooms the map jumps to level 0 and the bottom right corner. Quite a pain, I have to shift click each room to move/delete/rezone.
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:36 am

Happens to me all the time, damn bug. Also, when you want to import a zone, it only looks for .map files. I still don't know how to actually create or export to a .map file, only .mdb files.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:10 am

Importing .map files is for converting Zmud v5.55 and lower maps. Still torn between the new faster loading map system of Zmud 7.21 and the better zone handling of 5.55. Moving big chunks of rooms in 7.21 is really slow also.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:51 pm

How come when I bring in a separate map from a .mdb file it takes forever to import, but then no rooms exist? Are they set to like some insane level or what?
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:39 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Are they set to like some insane level or what?

Use the spreadsheet view. View -> Spreadsheet view. From there you can see the X/Y coords of each room and the Z (level) and change the level if needed. I've found for any changes to take place in there you have to click Edit then edit the field then up or down arrow to change to the next cell. The edit doesn't seem to "stick" if you don't. After you're done editing close the spreadsheet and then your map. Then reopen the map and the changes should be in place.

Return to “MUD Client Help”