Baby Let's Cruise... Away, From Heeeere

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Re: Baby Let's Cruise... Away, From Heeeere

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:00 am

Bummer. Major bummer.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:09 pm

Can't you still cruise with a broken leg? There must be a way. I will carry you! And move your umbrella as the sun moves so you can stay in the shade. And bring your drinks. I think it could fly. Besides, someone has to sing with Kelly. Please!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:04 am

Puddin' wrastlin is where it's at. That'll teach Sotana.

Seriously though, if anyone does kareoke, can somebody tape ashiwi? That is something I'd pay to see.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:50 am

The news is true :-( I broke my leg while shark wrestling at Sea World and squandered much of my cruise money and vacation time in the process. HOWEVER! I am looking into the cost of joining you guys for the weekend after in New Orleans. They karaoke in New Orleans, right?!
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:50 am

Yippee!!! Better than nothing. I'll bring the video camera. What are you paying for these tapes I'm making, Kifle? Remember, I have 5 kids (so far) to put through college.
So far I'm not preggers so I can drink! I can't believe it's almost here! So EXCITED!
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:35 am

Alta wrote:Yippee!!! Better than nothing. I'll bring the video camera. What are you paying for these tapes I'm making, Kifle? Remember, I have 5 kids (so far) to put through college.
So far I'm not preggers so I can drink! I can't believe it's almost here! So EXCITED!

Wow, what a dilemma for Mike. Get you pregnant again, save on the short term alcohol bills (substantial I am sure) but be lumbered with higher long term costs. :-)
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:42 am

I'll trade you dartan mudsex logs for the tapes.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:50 pm

You would put me on that level?

Admittedly, I do sing off-key, but still...
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:18 am

Kifle wrote:I'll trade you dartan mudsex logs for the tapes.

My kids can't go to college on that! They aren't going to Indiana Tech!
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:23 am

I'd take offense if I had graduated from Indiana Tech instead of Purdue... but, seriously, with neo as their father, I doubt the kids will last long enough to be applying for college. :) j/k

Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:08 am

So are we dressing up for any of these dinner things? Do I need to bring a dress or just shorts and teeshirts?
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:08 pm

I'm taking a formal for formal night. Nothing spectacular. I think for dinner there's a dress-casual dresscode, but I don't think they turn you away if you don't follow it. I'm just dressing because I so rarely get the opportunity to be all girlie.

A formal gown in a dining room is a far cry from a wife-beater on a tractor.

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:50 pm

Really good news!

Rachael's going to be meeting us in New Orleans after the cruise and is, hopefully, staying at The Sweet Olive with us.

sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:52 pm

It's true! If one of the other rooms in the B&B doesn't open up for me, I fully plan to mooch space in Lilithelle's and Ashiwi's room. I hope that one day they recover. Weehoo!!
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:20 pm

Ah, so much good news! I wanted to dress up for the formal night, but couldn't convince Kiryan. Now I can! Yipee! It's next week. I will be on a plane, heading for New Orleans next week! *dance*
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:12 pm

my woman in a wife beater on a tractor. thats sexy

I should've been born in red neck country
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:27 pm

Alta wrote:Ah, so much good news! I wanted to dress up for the formal night, but couldn't convince Kiryan. Now I can! Yipee! It's next week. I will be on a plane, heading for New Orleans next week! *dance*

All they want is pants, shirt, and a sport coat. Tell Kiryan they serve steak.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:06 pm

For those who booked earlier, you might want to go to www.carnival.com and go through the process as if you're booking a whole new cruise, except use the same information on type of room and which cruise booked. When I did this, the room rates were almost $100.00 less than what I paid. I called Carnival about it, and in order to get the discounted room rate, I would have to give up the room I'm in. Since the majority of the lowest grade interior staterooms are probably already gone, there's a chance of a free upgrade. The only issue is that our rooms could be separated if we do that.

So what do you guys think? Stay with our porthole rooms on the bottom floor next to each other, or take a chance on where the new rooms would be and get the discount?

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:03 pm

I'm up for the $100 discount. Thats per person right?

It would be nice to just knock on each other's door if we want to get together for stuffs, but $100 ought to be enough to get ripped at least 1 night =)
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:05 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:
Alta wrote:Ah, so much good news! I wanted to dress up for the formal night, but couldn't convince Kiryan. Now I can! Yipee! It's next week. I will be on a plane, heading for New Orleans next week! *dance*

All they want is pants, shirt, and a sport coat. Tell Kiryan they serve steak.

I dunno, its gonna be pretty hard to convince me to put pants on when I'm stuck on a ship at sea with a bunch of lovely ladies.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:16 pm

If I pull up the cruise, this is what I come up with:

Cruise Rate $498.00
Gov't Fees & Taxes $77.12
Fuel Supplement $90.00
Total Amount $665.12

When Lilithelle and I booked, ours came up to $372.00 per person, for a total of $744.00, which is a $78.00 difference. It's really only $39.00 per person for ours, but margarita money is margarita money. It's up to you guys, if you don't mind being separated then feel free to rebook for the savings, if you'd rather be closer together then we can stay where we are in the porthole cabins. I'm still torn, because I like the idea of having natural light in the room, and we could get bumped to a really bad inside room.

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:16 pm

40 bucks a person... not much of a discount. i'm less keen on the idea now.

michael
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:52 am

For those who want to save on cab fair and take the bus (warning, it looks like some walking is involved... about 500-600 meters total):

Jefferson Transit has the E-2 Airport bus at the 2nd level of the airport near the Delta Counter, in the median (look for the sign and bench.) I read elsewhere that it is outside entrance #7.
Catch the E-2 Airport Bus from the Airport to Elk Place and Tulane Avenue in downtown New Orleans. Walk from Elk Place and Tulane to Canal Street (it looks like it is about 150 meters northeast) and catch either the #42 Canal Bus or #47-48 Canal Street going toward the Mississippi River. Get off the Canal Bus or Streetcar at Canal and Magazine Streets, and catch either the #10 Tchoupitoulas Bus or #11 Magazine Bus. Get off the bus at Julia Street and walk down Julia Street toward the Mississippi River (East about 300-450 meters depending if you took the #10 or #11 bus) to the Cruise Ship Terminal.

Taxi will be $28 bucks plus fuel and baggage fees. Bus is $1.85. Might be more because it looks like you change from one system (jefferson transit) to another system (NORTA-New Orleans Regional Transit Authority) so you may have to pay for each bus system. So either $1.85 (Jefferson for $1.10 plus three $.25 transfers) or at most $2.85 if the systems don't allow transfers and you have to pay each fare ($1.10 for Jefferson, $1.25 for NORTA and 2 transfers at a quarter each is $2.85.) Either way it is HUGE savings. And if you were married to Kiryan, you would have figured this out yourself, too. He is that cheap. I am considering not drinking on he trip because I just know he will say "do you want that margarita or a house to live in when we move to Billings."

Now if these directions don't work, I just found the info online at the MSY Airport, NORTA and Jefferson Transit websites and cannot guarantee that it will work. But I looked at the routes, maps and schedules and I think it should work. I am sure Kiryan will already be mad at me if it doesn't work and will be flirting with whatever trash he can find on the cruise that will buy him a drink. None of you are trash and therefore shall not need to buy him a drink. Actually he will probably go flirting and looking for someone to buy him a drink regardless because he is just that cheap.

I think we are supposed to pick up bottled water for some people and champagne... anything else?

Oh, and I bought a dress for the formal dinner because I had absolultely nothing to wear (thus digging deeper into my drinks funds.) It's black and could be used for a future funeral or the like. Oh, and Old Navy has a bunch of shorts and tank tops for $2. Also polos and shorts for guys for two bucks. Check it out if you don't have enough cruisewear.

We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn at 1001 South Peters St on the 31st. It's just a few blocks from the cruiseline terminal so we can hold your spot in line!!!

Laurel
Vena
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:16 am

Nothing says high class cruisin like a suitcase full of 2 dollar shirts.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:45 pm

Amen!

I went to Sears and they had all their Spring/Summer lines clearanced out at around $1.99 a piece. Charlotte Russe had a $1.99-$6.99 clearance, too.

Big pimpin' at bargain prices!

Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:01 am

We are leaving for New Orleans in less than 48 hours! Wooooot! Anything we haven't finalized yet?
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:40 am

Some advice.. goto GNC and pick up ginger tablets. They work better for preventing or treating seasickness than any of the commercial stuff. There was a mythbusters episode that proved it. I get seasick very easily but when we had a storm and half the boat was puking guts out I was perfectly happy.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:02 pm

Are we meeting in New Orleans before boarding? I arrive at 9:41 am, Continental airlines, and I think Dave and I are hooking up in the airport. It might be easier to meet either at the port, or if we get to the port at different times, we can just hook up wherever the margaritas are on the Lido deck!

I'll have to get the champagne type and give you a call. I still have to drive about fifty miles to one of the local vineyards to have their Sangria shipped to the B&B in New Orleans, too.

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:04 pm

Oh, and thank you Corth! I'd heard that ginger was a possible cure for motion sickness, but I didn't know anybody who had tried it to advise on how it worked.

Appreciate it!

To everybody cruising, as of this afternoon I will be offline. If you need me for anything, gimme a ring-a-ding-dingy. If I don't answer, leave a message and I'll call you back as soon as I extract myself from my suitcase/voting/manicure/last minute housework/dreaming about margaritas and cabana boys.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:22 pm

Ginger helps by reducing instances of vomiting. The vertigo you may experience will probably still be there.
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:21 pm

Current conditions for Albany, OR: 49 degrees, cloudy, 30% chance of precipitation. Weather forcast for New Orleans, LA tomorrow: High of 75 degrees, Sunny, 10% chance of precipitation. Low 54 degrees.

We're leaving tonight. I got my pedicure too! Just finishing up the packing!
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:31 pm

Kelly! I called you! Please call us!
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:24 pm

All are alive. None have suffered from keyboard withdrawl.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:00 pm

I'm sitting here in the bed and breakfast, last one here, waiting on time to tick by until my departure. My bags are packed full of Kahlua, vanilla, pralines, knock-off purses, toys from the aquarium, and sand from the beach (still hidden in my swimsuit, I'm sure). My camera is full of pictures of sky, ocean, cathedrals, food, local personalities I may never see again, and friends I miss already (and blackmail, both for and against me). I've been happy, crabby, drunk beyond recognition, and overjoyed with life, often within hours of each other (and sometimes all at the same time).

However, I will be so happy to get home to my daughter and granddaughter, to my bed and my bathtub, to my car, to my daily grind, to the silence of my tiny piece of the countryside, to my normal sized bottles of shampoo and conditioner, and to my clothes resting peacefully inside my own closet and dresser.

Thank you to everybody for such a wonderful time. I couldn't think of better people to spend a vacation with. I'm very sad that Rachael and Eddybear couldn't make it, as I know they would have enjoyed themselves immensely, as we would have enjoyed their company.

You guys let me know if you're interested in a next time, perhaps next year or the year after. Topping my list of things to do are:
Scuba diving in Belize (to dive the Great Blue Hole)
Deep sea fishing off Vancouver Island and hiking that section of the Pacific Coast Trail
Canyon or river rafting
Hiking through and camping in Yellowstone
Gathering at Mike and Laurel's place
Some day I want to work up to a trip to Rome, but I don't see that happening soon

As you should know by now, though, I'm easily talked into all sorts of hairbrained schemes, so feel free to throw something else in the pot.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:03 pm

I'd be inclined to the Yellowstone idea; however, camping in one of the Ontario national parks would be better I think. I hate cruises. Maybe I'll even let the wife out of her cage to come along :)

kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:47 pm

Yellowstone jumps out at me as being cheap and fun. I'd prefer to bring the RV than camp in tents, but I'd go either way.

I'd love to scuba Belize or do something in Canada.
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:20 pm

Alaska, anyone?

Vena
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:46 pm

Anyone gonna post pictures for those of us not lucky enough to go on vacation? :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:50 pm

Don't post the naked one. You should have got a naked one of Lilithelle instead. Of course, she was never naked in my presence. I wish I could say the same of Kiryan.
You guys went to the aquarium?!? I wanted to go.
Corth: Mother's was delicious. Really good. I don't even like half the stuff on the Po' Boy but I liked it nonetheless. You should try "Port of Call". Fabulous burgers. Seriously the best. And Big Gulp sized rum drinks. I got kissed by a lesbian and the bar owner in that place. It was a good time.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:23 pm

Alta wrote:I got kissed by a lesbian and the bar owner in that place. It was a good time.

Pics or it didn't happen?

Alta
Sojourner

Postby Alta » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:42 pm

Kifle wrote:
Alta wrote:I got kissed by a lesbian and the bar owner in that place. It was a good time.

I don't think there is a pic of the kiss, just with her arms around me. Good enough?
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:59 pm

Alta wrote:
Kifle wrote:

I don't think there is a pic of the kiss, just with her arms around me. Good enough?

I guess I can create a supporting fantasy :)

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:34 am

I was expecting pictures of pale mudders standing next to dark natives trying to hawk 'hand made' monkey sculptures made of coconuts. Lesbian smooching and/or embracing works though!

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:03 pm

I don't remember the kissing... that must have been somewhere during my fourth Red Turtle, and you guys know what happened then. At least, I hope you do, because I sure don't.

I won't post the nekkid pics, as those are for blackmail purposes only. I will try to get to a friend's house to post the other pics as soon as I can.

Alaska works for me, too! Maybe we can plan a Vancouver and North thing.

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”