**Admin please yield input** - Pending 2.0

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

**Admin please yield input** - Pending 2.0

Postby Thilindel » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:25 am

Allow botting for skills?
Allow practices or remove altogether - level should indicate skill, unless a rogue (hide, silent, pick locks, etc.)
Maybe allow multi, or in the least, a second character - the Pbase is virtually non-existent.
Any other ideas? In all honesty, I see the game stagnant and the outlook of 2.0 only furthered frustration. Now with such a low pbase, and overzealous gods deleting characters to 'assist' despite NO pbase (since you used to be able to find groups anytime of the day), it leaves almost no reason to play until something is compromised..
Last edited by Thilindel on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Corth
Sojourner

Re: Pending 2.0

Postby Corth » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:17 am

All of your issues will be addressed in toril 2.0

:)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Re: Pending 2.0

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:44 am

The insane time sink for practicing skills needs to be removed. This is a game, it is supposed to be fun. Either cash for skills or just skills that improve quicker with use. Warcraft you get 5 improves per level and if used regularly you will max 1/2 to 3/4ths through level. Only skills that will lag behind are weapon skills if trying to keep all of them maxed unless you go after weenie mobs to max them.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
flib
Sojourner

Re: **Admin please yield input** - Pending 2.0

Postby flib » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:10 pm

puppies.
Last edited by flib on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:52 pm

I agree that skill prac sucks, however lets look at it from a logical stand point. if your skills go up with each level then by lvl 50 all your skills should be maxed? If a mage wields a staff the whole time he's leveling should he be a master at 1h piercing for example? or if he's never tanked should he all of a sudden be a master at dodging?

Something needs to be done about it but removing it all together consider so many people just plevel to 50 isn't the answer, not sure what is.
The best of WTF statments of '06
--------------------------------------------------------
Danila group-says 'afk, machine gun in backyard started shooting cats'
Danila group-says 'afk a sec, 3 horned monkeys trying to steal hose'
Danila group-says 'afk, koala bear trying to mount my car'
Ashod
Sojourner

Postby Ashod » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:48 pm

Skill grinding sucks for combat useage. I really like the idea that some MMOs have addopted to minimize this while still not disreguarding it entirely. The tiered point system based on level that has become popular is nice. For example the 3 tree system W.O.W. has per class with a specified amount of points to spend in those trees based on your level works very well to eliminate all of the combat oriented grinds other than your few basic skills. There is already enough grinding of tracking down rares and mobs at the same time fighting others for the item. I would strongly recommend evaluating some of the new generation game concepts to keep an even balance. The key is to keep PBase. This means making it easy enough for the average player to enjoy but at the same time adding some challenge for the serious gamer. However competing with the new age graphic based world is a challenge in is own. I love my online game roots but I will have to admit I have enjoyed some of the new age graphics and interface play. Time will tell. It is possible that one day text gaming will phase out entirely and you will see Toril in the MMORPG scene. I would play. :P
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:15 am

wearing + stat eq and practicing skills for multiple days/weeks on end to get them CLOSE to max SUCKS BALLS

On just one char I've spent multiple 8+ hour days doing nothing but either sneak/hide or 1h misc (dual wielding hasted) prac to try to max them out AT LEVEL 50.. still no where near close to max...
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:23 am

And yet no admin bothers replying. Surprise! Asking for ANY admin input would have been at least a token of acknowledgment...

This will be addressed in 2.0 - coming soon to an anxious, patient, and over 90% former pbase playing some other entertainment player due to frustration near you!
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”