Why I love being a warrior!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

Why I love being a warrior!

Postby Daz » Thu May 23, 2002 12:43 am

OK, I play a warrior. For the last few years, I have played a warrior. I like warriors. One thing I like about warriors, is that we have a couple of uses. This is cool, just look at all the cool things we can do!

1) meat shields! people drag us around, and then throw us out in front while they throw various miscellaneous objects from behind us (be it spells, arrows, or curses).

2) weapons! this rocks! we can use just about any weapon out there! really! we can! i have done vault with a wet towel (rofl, no one even noticed) so i KNOW we can!

3) armor! we depend on this stuff! mix and match things to get cool color schemes. right now - kalthanan is my hero, but i have plans for my own scheme in the works . . . time will tell.

4) rescue! when sissy little mages (err, i mean ummm l33t casters) get hit, we RESCUE them! what is that? well, we throw bacon at anyone who hits a mage, and the jump on us, instead.

5) women! warriors get ALL the bitches.

6) bash! that's right, when i see a mean wizard casting a spell, i bash his ass! rawk! meteor *this*

7) riposte, parry, shieldblock, dodge! in that order - those skills rock. why? a pissed of warrior hits me in the face for 5 million damage. right? NO! i parried! i riposte! i hit HIM in the face! dead! hahahaha! i rawk!

8) procs! thats right, sojourn is a world full of weapon procs, and ALL of them are cool. the ONLY thing daz hates, is !warrior proccing weapons. WTF!! why CAN'T i use all weapons! (fyi - i forget if orby is warriorable or not, i sure as hell hope so.)

9) kick! hahaha, just kidding. number 9) is a sense of humour! that's right, its OUR job to spread a fun-loving sense of humour among the realms (we Do work closely with the healers on this) Not enough people think watching halflings die in one hit is funny. Come on guys, think about this. halfling. dead. ha-ha, i'm laughing just thinking about it.

10) We have TEN great things to love about being warriors! Haha!!

-Daz

---------------------------------------------
On an aside note, I like playing with weapon procs. I am sickeningly addicted to them. Just the sight of a proc gets me excited. I want them all. To this end, if anyone wants to sell or communicate to me help on start points, I would love to learn all I can about the proc weapons. Which are the super-uber-rare ones that I will never see, even though I play 60 hours a week on my warrior? Which can I buy from a level 12 newbie for 200 plat? Which would I have to sit on my butt and pray to the gods and offer them vodka for? (Staff - 302.312.3020 - call me, and we can discuss types of alcohol I can bribe you with for getting proc weapons)

PS - I know starts for lots of things, but bleh - there is so much I don't know.

------------------
In the Great Cat's silence we walk,
In its speed we strike,
In its strength we find victory,
In its Pride, we return,
Home.
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Thu May 23, 2002 1:09 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daz:
<B>
4) rescue! when sissy little mages (err, i mean ummm l33t casters) get hit, we RESCUE them! what is that? well, we throw bacon at anyone who hits a mage, and the jump on us, instead.

5) women! warriors get ALL the bitches.

6) bash! that's right, when i see a mean wizard casting a spell, i bash his ass! rawk! meteor *this*
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL u silly!

------------------
Leah A. W.
Iaiken Toransier
Sojourner

Postby Iaiken Toransier » Thu May 23, 2002 4:49 am

I'd like to add to this, WHY I PLAY A PALADIN!

1) Add a horse and we are a legged sherman! I just mount up and pray I can flankblock till the cleric finishes full heal! Gambling rulz!

2) Weapons, THE BIG KIND!!! I can tank whilst swinging a 6 foot flaming sword, how cool is THAT!?!

3) Shiney butt armor, I swear I never polish it, it must rub against my saddle or somethin...

4) Rescue! We paladins ROCK at this... and yet no one thanks us... that's it! No Rescue for you!

5) Women! Fighters can have the ugly ones, but paladins get all the hotties...

6) bash! I see a wizzie casting a spell, I take that 6 foot flaming mofo of a sword and send him packin... most of the time...

7) Riposte, parry, flankblock, and dodge! See Daz's post.

8) Weapon procs! But sorry guys, no !good swords... because then we'll JUST be warriors :P

9) CHARGE!!! I get too run people over, "BEEP BEEP! I'm a moterist!"

10) Actually having 10 reasons and here it is, SPELLS!!! I can supliment my wussieness by casting spells on myself, hey warriors, got potion?
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Thu May 23, 2002 6:45 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daz:
<B>5) women! warriors get ALL the bitches.

Hi,

Let's *not* refer to women as "bitches" please. Thanks.

Nitania

------------------
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu May 23, 2002 8:00 am

you have your language, i have mine.

if you don't know what 'bitches' refers to, then don't bash me for using the term.

its not an insult in my generation.

------------------
In its speed we strike,
In its Pride, we return,
Home.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Thu May 23, 2002 8:13 am

bitch: something that will be hard work.

bitch: someone who looks very good and is admired by friends.(2)

bitches: females; women I know. Variant: my bitches. (2)

------------------
In its speed we strike,
In its Pride, we return,
Home.
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Thu May 23, 2002 8:46 am

Your generation = my generation.

I think I can speak pretty safely for the women who mud here when I say that none of us would be truly flattered to be called a "bitch".

Where is the common courtesy going to? Aparently its getting lost in up-to-date lingo.

Nitania

------------------
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Thu May 23, 2002 9:03 am

Even though it was said in a good 'light' or whatnot, no matter how you say it, the word 'bitch' has negative conotations... and even if thats not the way it was meant, alot of women could still be offended by the remark.

If I wrote that I probably would have gone with the way Iaiken worded it Image
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Thu May 23, 2002 9:04 am

I'm about as far from PC you can get, but there's this little thing called courtesy and awarement.

There are a lot of words that have a very derogatory tag to them, and you simply don't USE them when there are people that get offended by it.

ie, You dont refer to women as bitches, as at least all women I ever met, really dislike being called it. This is the same thing, as you DONT call black people nigger.

------------------
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu May 23, 2002 1:28 pm

It's all well and good when you're with a group of friends, but not total strangers. It's a very derogatory term. I don't mind my friends using it in reference to me, because we have history and that lends it a different weight when I already know those people generally respect me. Yes, I'm part of that "older generation," but my daughter feels the same way I do, and she's 16.
Tovar
Sojourner

Postby Tovar » Thu May 23, 2002 1:58 pm

I'm not sure I know where to begin on this thread.....
It started as a good natured post by Daz and Iaiken commenting why they play/enjoy their respective classes. I'm not going to debate sensitivity/awareness issues, but really people...this is a bbs...nobody said Nitania is a bitch, Ash is a bitch or even my mom is a bitch...it's a word....I think the world has too much bullshit fueled by hypersensitivity. To that end...why did the thread have to devolve into some sort of controversy...I check the bbs once a day usually and inevitably someone has something critical (not often constructive I might add) about whatever post....soo...I might as well fan the flames a bit..next hot topic:

Light Beer- Tastes Great or Less Filling??

My own personal vote is Lite beer is for pussies! and yeah...I actually got dragged to a local showing of the vagina monologues so I can use that word with impunity so nyah! Image
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Thu May 23, 2002 3:28 pm

I don't think anyone felt that they were called a bitch ... it was a request not to use the term in regards to women ...

respect the wish .. period ..

we have this THING in the Navy ... if one person feels offended .. it IS offensive .. also the *p* word the *c* word .. etc .. just don't use them ... if you need to refer to parts of the anaotmy .. there are other words you can use ... im sure you don't use this language around your family ...

you can go on and on all day about the *don't be so sensitive*....but i'm willing to bet these words will be forbidden ... shrug ....

it's one thing to *bitch and moan* about something .. quite another to call a woman a *bitch* (unless she deserves it!!!!)

thank you, please drive through

------------------
Ambar -= HeroINE =-
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu May 23, 2002 3:42 pm

Daz, perhaps you should have used ebonics in the term to convey its feeling more without actually using the "proper" word.

Also, anyone know if he may not have been talking about the prostitutes in southern WD?

Just being Devil's Advocate here...

Toplack
(I was born an assh*le and just grew bigger)
Frostbear

------------------
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu May 23, 2002 3:46 pm

I am not PC. Far from it.

But even I would be slightly offended. And I am also from the current generation, and I don't use that term in the context as it was presented. You may not be offended, but others are, and I don't think they are being oversensitive either. All I saw was an askance from some more respect for the female gender.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Thu May 23, 2002 3:47 pm

Feel free to call me bitch all you like.

------------------
And shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
We will flow a river forth unto Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritu Sancti.
Blung
Sojourner

Postby Blung » Thu May 23, 2002 4:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zrax:
<B>Feel free to call me bitch all you like.

Hey Zrax, do you qualify to be bi'atch? Can you cook, clean and most importantly, take care of S3 when I'm away?

------------------
Blung take no prisoner.

Postby Guest » Thu May 23, 2002 4:39 pm

Closed, this thread rapidly degenerated from anything useful and now serves no purpose.

Erevan

------------------

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”