Airship

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Airship

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:01 am

Can the rewards/quests from this zone be re-evaluated please? I've done (along with Smirn) all the quests in this zone, and the time/work vs reward factor here makes no sense. Some of the items are fine (fluid injection helm), panther/gret/wolf items, etc. Others however are not in my opinion:

#1 fluid injection helm markII - the amount of work and some items needed DO NOT make a mere +2maxpow upgrade un-laughable

#2 illithid battle robes - see above, stats are average

#3 magebane - proc is rare and meh

#4 staffs - they suck, and have been posted about previously. Give them maxint and they'll be better.

And out of all the items, I think staffs particularly need the most loving.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: Airship

Postby Thilindel » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:05 am

Earlier, someone argued that because some classes can solo xp there, that all is fine, and blah blah. But the staves, especially, take considerable time. Just like a lot of other quests, things can be solo'd so that shouldn't devalue the time people put in..nor the value of the quests' renderings.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:36 am

You can solo some parts of quest, but not all, that's the thing.
Ciresit
Sojourner

Postby Ciresit » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:50 am

Agree with the posts above. Just completed the Illus staff, its not that hot for all the time that went into the quest. Yeah, stuff can be solo'd, you learn pretty quick when you have to kill the mages 350 times..... each.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Yeah, I was all excited about my airship staff for my enchanter. Granted, I realize this quest isn't hard at all compared to some of the other insane quests the elite players complete to get their toys, but at the very least I was hoping for an exciting proc, something that would make me once in a while say 'whee'.

Weapon procs for mage weapons aren't very useful, it would be nice if our staves could proc when we cast a spell, perhaps augmenting or amplifying the spell along with the proc.

Like the enchanter's staff would go off when I cast a haste on someone, and maybe it hastes everyone. Maybe I cast scales on someone and it goes off and scales 3 or 4 other random people in the group. I don't personally think this would be all that game-breaking, it wouldn't be something that I'd rely on, just an exciting bonus once in a while that might occasionally save me a few seconds in a zone, and make me feel good about my toy. Rogue weapons, Tank shields and weapons, ranger bows...their weapon procs go off and contribute something to the group, but mage weapon procs....what's the point? Below level 20 those procs are very useful, but during the endgame they kind of suck.

Oh well, I know there are a million reasons my idea sucks, it won't work, it can't be done...but it's the kind of thing that I think several mages would get a kick out of.
Gukov
Sojourner

Postby Gukov » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Just got elementalist staff done after a long while of picking up items here and there... and it's quite underwhelming :p

Been fighting for at least half an hour hasted and the on-hit proc hasn't gone off once... and the called proc is 1/3 days (1 hour 12 minutes rl) and even then the pet lasts only like 5 minutes before poofing.

Please at least up the proc rate so I can see what it's supposed to do :|
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:47 pm

Put a message in trac for me so it doesn't get lost. Totally valid, just under priority of a couple other items.

Dug
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Seelie staff has always invalidated these, but if there is any sort of item balancing that should happen it involves the insanely good stats on the gear in Annam's zones.
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:23 pm

the last fight with halcorr? (I think that's his name) isn't easy.. I did the invo staff quest forever ago.. the time sink + the fights with the guys downstairs and the last fight shouldn't equate with an item that's only a little better than the magi staff.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”