VT = PK

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

VT = PK

Postby Thilindel » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:44 am

possible to do something with VT's mobs since some googlebutts find it funny to follow you, then attack mobs, such as a drow assassin - to where said assassin will circle YOU while instigator tanks. Then instigator flees out, and you die cuz you're afk/idling/getting a cold, crisp, refreshing Mountain Dew. About as annoying, albeit against the rules, as Scardale's fountain, where Khelvos hitalls, and rangers there can call lightning despite their ungodly low level.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
spunionring
Sojourner

Re: VT = PK

Postby spunionring » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:11 pm

a) yes someone following you while not grouped or anything, and then aggroing drow makes mob attack you. its being used for pk.

b) id like to see the group of mobs that ppl love to kill (drow assassin/hunter/merc) moved away from VT's relo room anyways. its crazy spammy and dangerous when you relo in or enter from the inn.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Oh man there's a dangerous room in the game? That's terrible and should be remedied immediately.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:32 pm

You should petition or send an mmail to Admin if you think somebody has purposefully attempted to pkill you in that manner. Intentional pkill is a serious violation of the rules.

That said, accidents do happen, so I would advise speaking to the person in question first to ascertain whether any harm was truly meant.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:59 pm

*tries really hard to not laugh outright*
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:20 pm

I'd like to report the entire zone group yesterday for allowing someone to pkill me by spamming close door...
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:37 pm

I forgot to mention:

Don't interpret this as condoning a pkill tactic, but a pro-active measure against it would be to "tog fol" while idling.
spunionring
Sojourner

Postby spunionring » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:46 pm

Shev,
So what you are saying is that this is not a bug? That mobs are supposed to attack non grouped characters that simply have followed you?

Secondly. if i know of a bug thats being exploited for pk, then i shouldnt say anything on bbs only directly to admin? and if _I_ havent been pked with it then i shouldnt report it at all?

Gormal, my comment about the beacon room meant i find it spammy and annoying in a room with such heavy player traffic from the beacon and the inn. And Yes, "there is an annoying room in the game, please change it" =)
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:08 am

Make it so mobs don't attack anyone following and prepare to see some major twinking.
spunionring
Sojourner

Postby spunionring » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:15 am

Gormal wrote:Make it so mobs don't attack anyone following and prepare to see some major twinking.

maybe i dont understand..

but why would i need to follow ? if i wanted to use 1 char to attack a mob and 1 char who is not grouped to stay in room without being switched to.. then i would just have combat char not follow me. twinking ungrouped right now has the same room for abuse i think
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:23 am

spunionring:

it's called twinking because of:

1. tog vic
  2. get lowbie to follow you
  3. don't group lowbie
  4. run around CM and mort stuff
  5. lowbie trigs to kill on mort
  6. afks
  7. PROFIT!

That's just one form. From what I remember back in the day, it was an effective form of plvl.
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:27 am

Thil, I don't agree it should be used for pkill.

I believe it's an abuse, just as much of an abuse as chars afking in vt and looting any and every kill that happens in the room.

That being said, I disagree that the mob AI should be changed when it's clearly a player behaviour problem - not a code problem.

Fix the players, not the mobs.

And by fix, I mean cage. That includes, both types of abusers.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:35 am

It is not a bug that mobs assume that following players are together and thus open to attack.

To report a bug, you can do it anonymously via Trac, or send an email (shevarash@torilmud.org) or mmail directly to me or Eilistraee, or all of the above.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:30 am

Gormal wrote:I'd like to report the entire zone group yesterday for allowing someone to pkill me by spamming close door...

Headbutt Bhaal solo kill ftw.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”