General Discussion Sub-Forums

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
ssar
Sojourner

General Discussion Sub-Forums

Postby ssar » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Lets split this forums' General Discussion section into a few sub-forums, as there appears to be a whole heap of different posts relating to the same general field.

e.g.

1) Sport
2) Entertainment (Movies, Music, TV, Gaming, Audio-Visual)
3) Politics & worldly Current Events
4) General Discussion
BEER
Sarvis
Sojourner

Re: General Discussion Sub-Forums

Postby Sarvis » Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:28 pm

Nah. Not really enough traffic to need it, and it makes more work for people wanting to just browse a forum quick.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:04 pm

At the very least please make a political subforum (preferably one that autobans anyone who posts in it) because the huge number of threads lately from our chest thumpers has really made the forum suck.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:32 pm

Gormal wrote:At the very least please make a political subforum (preferably one that autobans anyone who posts in it) because the huge number of threads lately from our chest thumpers has really made the forum suck.

Your mom.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:37 pm

I propose we create a new Admin. The role of this Admin will be to pre-approve each thread before it actually becomes public. That way we can only talk about approved topics.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:53 pm

If there were any threads in this forum that weren't political arguments, then I might support a political sub-forum.

The only three sub-forums you need on this BBS are:

1) Political arguments
2) Thilindel's forum for suggestions to the imms
3) Questions about when 2.0 will be ready
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:07 am

Ragorn wrote:If there were any threads in this forum that weren't political arguments, then I might support a political sub-forum.

The only three sub-forums you need on this BBS are:

1) Political arguments
2) Thilindel's forum for suggestions to the imms
3) Questions about when 2.0 will be ready

And 4) Girl Troubles

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:12 pm

Just a Politics & Current Events sub-forum then.

Yea.
BEER
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:43 pm

There has been an average of one new thread per day in this part of the BBS. Usually the titles are pretty descriptive: reflection on the presidential race, Inaugural Address, Democrats new formula: cut taxes and raise spending, etc.

Is it really that cumbersome to sort through? How about we just all agree to make thread subjects descriptive enough that innocent bystanders don't accidentally get trapped in a wild and crazy political discussion?

But, on another note, I'd like to propose that we ban signatures because it technically takes longer for my browser to load that crap.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:47 pm

I don't think there's currently enough post traffic within General to require sub-forums, but I'll keep the idea in mind for sure if that changes. Thanks for the suggestion, Mogr.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:50 pm

avak wrote:But, on another note, I'd like to propose that we ban signatures because it technically takes longer for my browser to load that crap.

If your net connection is so slow that an extra 256 characters of text makes a notable difference in your page load speed, then I truly feel for you :(
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Ragorn wrote:
avak wrote:But, on another note, I'd like to propose that we ban signatures because it technically takes longer for my browser to load that crap.

If your net connection is so slow that an extra 256 characters of text makes a notable difference in your page load speed, then I truly feel for you :(

Hey man, not all of us have access to that new 56.6k technology.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:12 am

avak wrote:
Ragorn wrote:

Hey man, not all of us have access to that new 56.6k technology.

Oh the days when I'd jerk off over a 28.8 modem...

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”