Player corpse rot modified?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Player corpse rot modified?

Postby Thilindel » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:29 am

Had a corpse rot in 2 hours or less. To my knowledge, nobody touched it. So lost xp, and some eq that was on the ground got looted. Whatever happened to the 18 hours?
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Re: Player corpse rot modified?

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:33 pm

Now, i'm an old fart, so things totally could have changed, but i _BELIEVE_ the old formula used to be 1 RL hour per PC level. I'm fairly certain there was a minumum of a couple hours also. Not sure if timers get reset or what with crashes. It used to be each crash removed all preservation attempts on a corpse, but i believe that got changed.

Del
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:59 pm

There hasn't been a change to rot. If you petition the name of the corpse and the approximate time of death we would be happy to investigate your issue.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:12 am

It would help to have corpse set at 18 hours, whether touched or not. I didn't know someone partially looted, so I lost the corpse, which sucks ballz.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:59 am

Corpses used to rot after about 2 hours. Truth be told, I'm not sure why it was changed to 18 - takes away the mad panicky fun of trying to retrieve corpses. I'm also not sure why once it became 18 why it made a difference if the corpse is touched or not.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Diel
Sojourner

Postby Diel » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:29 pm

Down with corpse rot!

Give me my eq back or the name of the thief!
Hoppel ASSOC:: 'ROFL ON THE BEST FLOOR EVAR!!!1!1!oneone'

Klandan group-says 'No, I just won't group with him. Just making that clear up front.

Hibbidy tells you 'kill giant'

Twyl tells you 'I hate my life'

Don't blame me because you aren't an interesting person and have a problem finding anything to talk about.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”