9-12 Project

Life, the universe, and everything.
Forum rules
- No personal attacks against players or staff members - please be civil!
- No posting of mature images/links, keep content SFW. If it's NSFW, don't post it on these forums.
Botef
Sojourner

9-12 Project

Postby Botef » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:35 pm

I have had a steady stream of people in my shop today printing out 9-12 project flyers, cards, bookmarks, signs...I'm actually rather blown away at the organization these new local groups seem to have in such a short period of time. Is this really as big as it appears here or am I just stuck in some kind of vacuum that is consuming Glenn Beck at an astonishing rate. It is not very often I get a steady stream of people running of this kind of material so I'm just blown away. These people are fanatics about this project, more so than any of the liberal anti-war hippies I was accustom to serving the last eight years.

Personally I find the whole 9-12 thing a little bizarre...is this really what it is going to take to reunify the right? Is Glenn Beck the new Hannity and Colmes? Are those crocodile tears or the real mccoy? Will there be rap as Michael Steele has promised? I'm so confused.
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
Raiwen
Sojourner

Re: 9-12 Project

Postby Raiwen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:49 pm

http://blatheringsblog.com/?p=1590
http://blatheringsblog.com/?p=1590 wrote:if you are a liberal who is a hater against all that is moral and god-like, against all that is good in this country, you can move along unless you’d actually like to learn something and you too, are having second thoughts about what you see happening in this country.

Wow.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:51 pm

its interesting...

there was an article the other day that the Anti abortion movement is mobilizing strongly again.

there was also an article on Californian's gearing up to throw a "tax revolt" at the ballot box this summer (the new "budget" lawmakers and Arnold hammered out raises sales tax to 10+%).

there was an article about governor of Texas coming out and saying very openly that the federal government is too big and too involved in state's business and that states need to reaffirm their rights.

I'm planning on being more involved over the next 4 years... participating in these kinds of conservative patriotic events. Several of my coworkers are also interested.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:54 pm

1. America Is Good
2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.

So God is the center of your life... but only AFTER America?

I'm not quite sure they get it...

On the other hand, most of the principles sound ok... IF they'd actually bother to follow them.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:08 pm

I'm all for being active and involved, I just can't help but get the impression that a lot of these new 9-12 goers are just jumping on the band wagon because Glenn Beck can be so 'intense'. None of the people that have come in have had much to contribute to discussions, most recite the 9-12 commandments and hand me a business card with a web link and express their outrage. A lot of them go off on the dangers of terrorism, Obama, etc.

I just saw the Colbert segment which seems to reaffirm my suspicions that this whole 9-12 bit is a stepping stone to put Beck at the front of the Fox News feeding trough. We'll see how long it lasts, but I can't complain...This has been the best day I've had in weeks with all this poster/flyer printing!
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'

// Post Count +1
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Ann Coulter... what's the difference, really? They're really just competing amongst themselves to see who can be the biggest lunatic.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:11 pm

You know, I always thought maybe, just maybe these kinds of extreme opinions were just... sort of make believe. Internet reality instead of reality.

Then one of the guys I work with posts this on their Facebook page:

seems homeland security is worried about radical right-wing extremists. hhmm...How about the radical left who have kick God out of our country?!?! Now THAT is radical, extreme and most certainly terrorism!

Ugh... I can't believe I know someone in real life who actually thinks that way. It's almost all I can do to point out that no "radical left wingnut" has ever bombed anything...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:15 pm

Weathermen

500 other groups from the 60s and 70s.

Hmm, maybe you were being sarcastic Sarvis and I missed it. My apologies if that was the case.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:20 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Weathermen

500 other groups from the 60s and 70s.

Hmm, maybe you were being sarcastic Sarvis and I missed it. My apologies if that was the case.

Ok... well, not _recently_ anyway. ;)

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:09 pm

Both sides have idiots. It just happens that certain idiots on the right shout the loudest.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:00 pm

The idiots on the right shout, the left insult?
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:10 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:The idiots on the right shout, the left insult?

Everyone insults, the right shouts theirs.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:16 pm

The idiots on the right insult louder too. Or did you not get your copy of Barack the Magic Negro?
- Ragorn
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Ok, ok this is getting heavy.

We need to all take a step back and watch some footage of Glenn Beck crying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oumQl8neO6w

// Post Count +1
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:19 am

Ragorn wrote:

The idiots on the right insult louder too. Or did you not get your copy of Barack the Magic Negro?

Is this what you're calling the voter's guide now?
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:34 pm

No, you should wiki it.
- Ragorn
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:11 pm

Ragorn wrote:

I don't think he did, mostly because it was part of an inside joke that went to a relatively small group of people. What was that about louder again?
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Mon May 18, 2009 2:54 am

Personally I think you'll get about the same level of intellectual stimulus from reading your local Craigslist R&R section as you would from all of the politico-sycophants that dominate the mass media hypnotoad.

I can't imagine why you wouldn't
Welcome any change, my friend.
I want to see it all come down.

Suck it down.

Flush it down.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Dugmaren
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Dugmaren » Mon May 18, 2009 6:15 am

I have no idea what this thread is about. But I do know Doug just quoted Tool epicly.

Dug

Return to “T2 General Discussion Archive”