- Added weapon enchantments. All weapons can now be assigned a variety of
enchantments, with 23 enchantments to start with. See the update notes
on the forums for more detailed information.
- 10 brand new weapons with various enchantments added to high level zones
throughout the game. Happy hunting!
- Conquest equipment will now show stats correctly on identify.
Weapon enchantments are magical properties that can be added to any weapon without the use of special procedures. There are currently 23 possible enchantments in the game, ranging from elemental damage to vampiric to keen (improved critical range) types. Some of these enchantments are invisble and work behind the scenes, while others can directly modify your damage messages. For instance, a flaming longsword will now show "Your powerful flaming slash barely wounds a tough old pirate". The modifiers to damage messages are limited to two words at most though, with various types taking precedence to keep the spam in check.
These enchantments are currently only available to areamakers to add to new or existing weapons, but there are lots of future possiblities for customization with this system. Here's a list of the current enchantments and their function:
- Acidic: +2d4 acid damage per hit
- Flaming: +2d4 fire damage per hit
- Icy: +2d4 cold damage per hit
- Shocking: +2d4 electricity damage per hit
- Sonic: +2d4 sonic damage per hit
- Acidic Burst: (+5d10 * crit mod of weapon) acid damage on critical hit
- Flaming Burst: (+5d10 * crit mod of weapon) fire damage on critical hit
- Icy Burst: (+5d10 * crit mod of weapon) cold damage on critical hit
- Shocking Burst: (+5d10 * crit mod of weapon) electricity damage on critical hit
- Sonic Burst: (+5d10 * crit mod of weapon) sonic damage on critical hit
- Holy: +3d5 holy damage per hit vs. evil align
- Unholy: +3d5 unholy damage per hit vs. good align
- Axiomatic: +3d5 lawful damage per hit vs. chaotic align
- Anarchic: +3d5 chaotic damage per hit vs. lawful align
- Holy Burst: (+10d10 * crit mod of weapon) holy damage per hit vs. evil align on critical hit
- Unholy Burst: (+10d10 * crit mod of weapon) unholy damage per hit vs. good align on critical hit
- Axiomatic Burst: (+10d10 * crit mod of weapon) lawful damage per hit vs. chaotic align on critical hit
- Anarchic Burst: (+10d10 * crit mod of weapon) chaotic damage per hit vs. lawful align on critical hit
- Vampiric: +3d4 and chance to heal back part of that on hit. Save vs. CON negates damage and heal.
- Keen: Double the critical hit range of the weapon.
- Ghost Touch: Halves the negative modifier to damage on wraithform NPCs.
- Bane: +4d5 damage vs. one specified race, per hit.
To demonstrate the new weapon enchantments, we've placed 10 brand new weapons featuring a variety of the enchantments in existing high level zones. For the most part, these are in accessible zones that don't take too long to complete, but that's all the hint you're going to get. Good hunting, and please feel free to provide feedback on the weapons and the new feature in general.