Don't DL 3.10a cmud

Scripts and support for your favorite MUD client.
kanenan
Sojourner

Don't DL 3.10a cmud

Postby kanenan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:41 pm

Edited once the smoke cleared..

CMud and CMudPro 3.10a are extremely buggy on the mapper side of things, along with other bugs.

After losing all of my zones and packages*.. ( Back your stuff up kids.. ) I recommend against updating to this version until Zugg squishes the bugs. He gives it a month or so atm as more and more problems are springing up.

*Note I lost my files to human error given the number of versions of zmud, cmud and cmud pro on my disk along with many many package/map files named identically..
stuff.
Naled
Sojourner

Re: Don't DL 3.10a cmud

Postby Naled » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:25 pm

Too late! But i lost all my triggers as well (thank god for the backup!) and my map is screwed up as well.
Naled/Menliros

Fight my Brute!
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:08 pm

I'm not very impressed with cMud thus far. I like a lot of things about it, but the fact that I can't figure out how to turn off the irritating script parsing (can't put things in parans, can't use equal signs, etc) is souring me pretty quick on it.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:43 pm

I thought I'd finally buy in and got Zmapper, Zmud, CMud and CmudPro for like 40$ Canadian. CmudPro has been pretty great up until this recent map glitch that seems to take everything with it.

The parameters are just different than Zmud and are a little more logical on the user friendly side of things, but yeah it is a headache most times trying to figure out why sometimes a simple Zmud trigger just won't fire in Cmud.

The 2 peeves I have with it are :
- You can only import from Zmud directory where zmud.exe is, there is no "Import Cmud" option under File.
- The mapper UPDATES any and all imported maps and stamps them as version 3.X CMUD. Which means you cannot retro fit it back into a previous version or into Zmud. Be careful which maps you open up with 3.x.. it may be the last time you see them.

At the end of it all I ended up with a fresh clean install of 3.10a. But the mapper is totally borked so mapping is about 500% slower than with Zmud 7.21 or lower, and the last version of Cmud you can install is a year out of date (2.37). Zugg forums have it that 3.09 is actually fairly stable and the mapper is problem free ( relatively..).
stuff.
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:40 am

Seems I made the smart choice then and ignored the beta update.. only problem I have with Cmud is none of the Zmud scripts want to work with it..

I'm specifically looking for the reroll one, if anyone has it.. could you post it please?
Popowidle (Gnome, Invoker), Edek (HalfElf Ranger), Calarum (Grey-elf, Druid)
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:09 pm

Shevarash wrote:I'm not very impressed with cMud thus far. I like a lot of things about it, but the fact that I can't figure out how to turn off the irritating script parsing (can't put things in parans, can't use equal signs, etc) is souring me pretty quick on it.

I agree with all of those, never did discover the map bugs thankfully. But, I tried it out and realized I would have to modify all of my database scripts/trigs substantially for them to function at all. I think I remember there being a converter that didn't convert very good, so I would have had to go through hundreds of pages of scripts. It was woth a try, but never going to happen for me unless Zugg can make a converter that works.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:00 am

You guys all fell for the picture of the redhead didn't you.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “MUD Client Help”